Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuscaden vs Leonie Hill

Default Cuscaden vs Leonie Hill

Hello. I am looking to buy old FH condos in D09 or D10.

Was looking at Cuscaden Residences (D10) vs Leonie Hill Residence(D09).
    Psf prices are 2300+ vs 2200+. Prices went up min. 15-20% compared to end-2017.. so gutted that I did not buy it last year..

I am not local and want to know which area is “perceived” to be more prestigious in Singapore. I really like Cuscaden because of its tranquility despite its proximity to Orchard shopping area (Forum, Hilton hotel, Wheelock, etc). I also like Leonie Hill very much as it’s really quiet as well while it is so close to Ngee Ann city and Mandarin Gallery. Are these two areas equal or is one more exclusive than the other? A local agent said “Leonie Hill or Grange address matters”..

I am hoping to see some capital appreciation over the time horizon of next 15-20 years..(keeping my fingers crossed for enbloc)

Looking to rent it out and live somewhere else cheaper while I am paying off all the debts..

At a similar price range, am also considering Tanglin Park. Its top is 1986. Is it likely to go enbloc?
    It seems the affluent live there, hence they are not interested in making profit from enbloc?

Many people seem to suggest to look for 99 LH rather than old FH in this forum.. Hence I also am considering buying Amarillys in Newton as it’s a lot cheaper than the aforementioned FH condos. (Psf 1400+)

1) please share with me your perceptions about Leonie Hill vs Cuscaden

2) any opinion about Tanglin Park and Amarillys?

Grange Road is historically more expensive than Leonie Hill.

Tanglin Park. For it to go enbloc, there must be some kind of profit for the developer after costs. You can analyse that plot of land and see if there is any profitable upside for potential developers.

Amaryllis Ville is located in D11 and it is 99 years leasehold... Perhaps 85 years left now on its lease.

IMO, in areas like these where D9, D10 and D11 converge and are neighbouring each other, the district boundaries are simply technical constructs. I would just invest in whichever can bring higher returns. For living, I would just rent whichever is more convenient for me.

Thanks for being the first one to reply to my thread

Is Cuscaden Residence regarded as “being part of Grange Road”?

I was comparing it with Leonie Hill.. not the Grange or Grange Residences...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus View Post
    Grange Road is historically more expensive than Leonie Hill.

Tanglin Park. For it to go enbloc, there must be some kind of profit for the developer after costs. You can analyse that plot of land and see if there is any profitable upside for potential developers.

Amaryllis Ville is located in D11 and it is 99 years leasehold... Perhaps 85 years left now on its lease.

IMO, in areas like these where D9, D10 and D11 converge and are neighbouring each other, the district boundaries are simply technical constructs. I would just invest in whichever can bring higher returns. For living, I would just rent whichever is more convenient for me.
    Btw, Tanglin Park the land is huge, 37000sqm for only 274 units. It’s only 4 story high or sth and I think if the developer(s) can build higher on that plot, it will be profitable.. it’s FH, so no need to pay for renewing the lease..

Maybe 2000+ sqf price already has taken this into account.. cuz the developer will have to sell it at least 2600+ per sqf? And this is not easy for Tanglin area per se not such a prime location vs Orchard?

A few things to take into consideration when comparing both development. I actually viewed and considered both developments back in 2016.

1) Prestige - in terms of prestige, Cuscaden area definitely considered more high class compared to the Leonie Hill area. Leonie Hill Residences is quite close to river valley already while Cuscaden is located near St Regis and Regent hotel. And City Dev is building the Edition hotel at the plot right next to Cuscaden Residences.

2) Accessiblity - CR better at the moment but probably comparable in the future. Currently, in terms of transport: CR you have buses along Orchard Boulevard and Tanglin Road. MRT closest is Orchard MRT. LHR only buses along River Valley Road and closest MRT is Somerset (which is quite far away). In terms of malls, CR you have Forum/Tanglin Mall and LHR you have Great World City. Crowd probably abit different with Forum/Tanglin catering more to expats (higher price point) while GWC is more local.
    In the future, once the TE line is completed, LHR will be very close to the entrance of Great World station but CR won't be too far away from the Orchard Boulevard station as well.

3) Layouts - both developments have a mix of 2-3 bedrooms. Personally i think LHR has a better layout because the typical 3BR for CR has odd shaped bedrooms.

4) Development - CR's land is almost 2.5x the size of LHR. CR 150 units vs. 80 units for LHR so wouldn't be surprising if maintenance fee for LHR would be more expensive compared to CR. Furthermore, CR has full facilities including a proper size swimming pool and tennis court. From my memory, don't think LHR has a tennis court.

5) Rental - obviously with the construction going on next door at CR, rental wouldn't be good in the short term while no on going construction near LHR.

In summary, i would personally go for CR. The development and surrounding environment feels alot more posh compared to LHR. In the future, CR will be surrounded by high end hotels and high end serviced apartments (Hana). YTL's 3 Orchard by the Park and GLS Cuscaden plot also near by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast