Thread: Sterling Residences at Sterling Road- Launching Soon

Default Sterling Residences at Sterling Road- Launching Soon

Sterling Residences​

​Sterling Residences

​New Launch Condo

The 99-year leasehold ​Sterling Residences​ ​is jointly developed by Nanshan Group and Logan Property. The permissible gross floor area will be 954,328.3 square feet (88,660 square metres), and the development will be made up of 4 storey blocks – the whole site having a maximum height above sea level of 163 metres. It is expected that the project will comprise of up to 1,110 units though the size and nature of those is yet to be released.

The site is located next near to the existing Anchorage condominium. The area is on elevated land which is an advantage for several reasons, including that of privacy.

The development is located on Stirling Road and is made of Queensway, Commonwealth Avenue and Alexandra Road in what is becoming a popular location for developers and home seekers alike, and is showing all the signs of gentrification that has characterised many other areas. It is a mature district however with the infrastructure and amenities that comes with that. There are plentiful dining options within walking distance, a short bus journey or drive. Dawson Place, Anchor Point and Alexandra Central malls are all in the vicinity, with Valley Point and Great World only a little further away.

​Sterling Residences

​New Launch

Default Latest updates on Stirling Residences - Mega-development near Queenstown MRT !

Why buy Stirling Residences ?

1) Within 3 mins walk to Queenstown MRT (Only 240m)
    2) Within 5 mins walk to nearby amenities such as Queensway Shopping Centre, Anchorpoint, IKEA, Mei Ling Market & Food Centre, Queenstown Primary School and many more
    3) Within 10 mins drive to Orchard, Marina Bay, One-North and Mapletree Business City
    4) Luxurious condominium, consisting of 1259 units & 1 Childcare Centre. Huge site area of more than 227,000 sqft, with extensive landscape & facilities
    5) Breathtaking views of the dynamic city, lush greenery & the sea

Tentative Unit Mix of Stirling Residences
    1BR – 441 sqft
    1BR + Study – 506 sqft
    2BR – 624 sqft to 657 sqft
    2BR Deluxe – 678 sqft to 689 sqft
    2BR + Study – 764 sqft to 786 sqft
    3BR - 883sqft to 893 sqft
    3BR Utility – 980 sqft
    3BR Premium – 1055 sqft
    4BR – 1345 sqft
    4BR PH – 1798 sqft to 1851 sqft

Total of 1259 units

For more information, refer to Stirling Residences

Highly anticipated preview launch to be on 30th June.

Indicative price as follows:
    1BR from $8xxK
    2BR from $1.1xx'M
    3BR from $1.4xx'M
    4BR from $2.2x'M

For more information, Stirling Residences
    Showflat hotline/ for more information: (+65) 9783 7903

Stirling Residence show flat grand opening tomorrow, Sat, 30 June

EVERYTHING U Need Within 500m
    3 Mins Walk To Queenstown MRT. 5 Mins Walk To Anchorpoint Mall. Short strolls to market, food centre, supermarket & amenities. All whilst enjoying the luxury of a serene living environment.

HEART of the Central Region
    Close proximity to Marina Bay, CBD, One-North & Mapletree Business City, as well as famous hangouts like Orchard Road, Dempsey Hill & Holland V.

BREATHTAKING Views For Most Units
    Overlooking the dynamic City, tranquil sea & lush greenery.

WORLD-CLASS Masterpiece with Rare Superb Layouts!
    3 Elevated skyscrapers sit on sprawling landscapes with 80 facilities, featuring a 500m Forest Trail, 18 Sky Terraces & 7 Pools. Superb layouts are designed to maximise open space, light & the stunning views.

Indicative Price
    1 Br from $8XXK
    2 Br from $1.1Xmil
    3 Br from $1.4Xmil
    4 Br from $2.2Xmil

Info is accurate as at 29June 18 and subjected to changes w/o prior notice

Looks like a nice project, but i am concerned about over-saturation in that general area. you will be competing for the same tenant pool as commonwealth towers, queens, queens peak, alexis, anchorage, margaret ville, tangling view, echelon, artra, alex residence, metropolitan, ascentia sky, the crest, principal garden.

That's more than 8500 units in total from above mentioned condos all within close proximity. Any thoughts?

You pretty much answered your own question. As an investor not for own stay, maybe you got to look harder at other nearby resale projects which might give you better proximity to transport nodes to give your tenant pool an edge over others. Stirling is not exactly that close to the nearest MRT but it has some height-facing advantage.

I find ARTRA to be slightly ahead of the game if comparing new projects vs pricing if you die-die need to invest in this district.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    You pretty much answered your own question. As an investor not for own stay, maybe you got to look harder at other nearby resale projects which might give you better proximity to transport nodes to give your tenant pool an edge over others. Stirling is not exactly that close to the nearest MRT but it has some height-facing advantage.

I find ARTRA to be slightly ahead of the game if comparing new projects vs pricing if you die-die need to invest in this district.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Thanks for the input, i am definitely not in a must buy situation as i already have exposure to singapore real estate; plus, it would take a lot more than this for me to invest in 99 year leaseholds.

it is disheartening to search for properties now days with either outrageous asking prices or sellers delisting altogether to wait for even higher prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeya View Post
    Thanks for the input, i am definitely not in a must buy situation as i already have exposure to singapore real estate; plus, it would take a lot more than this for me to invest in 99 year leaseholds.

it is disheartening to search for properties now days with either outrageous asking prices or sellers delisting altogether to wait for even higher prices.
    Agree with the "outrageous asking prices" but when you add all the numbers together that is the new price.

$446,280,000/42,973(462557.52)=964.80psf ppr

https://www.ura.gov.sg/maps2/?servic...LEASE&site=941

The land price already more than my sale price in 2011.

Most chose to see the price they want only to regret not buying years later.

Got a few walk in to show flat told me they regret not buying earlier, guess they will keep regretting years later.

Can buy don't buy, wait for What. How many 10 years do one have.

When I bought my $899 psf at Terrasse my agent told me D19 $899 psf is too high in 2011, now I marketing $1700 psf in 2018 two bus stop away The Garden Residences. If Bank can Loan me money I will still buy.

Bankruptcy

Bankruptcy is a legal status of an individual who cannot repay debts of greater than $15,000 and is declared a bankrupt by the High Court. The High Court usually appoints the Official Assignee to administer the bankrupt’s affairs in bankruptcy. These include the selling off of the bankrupt’s assets to repay his creditors, the registration of the creditors' claims and the distribution of dividends to the bankrupt’s creditors.https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/content/io/e...ankruptcy.html

Debts greater than $15,000, if loan of a million dollar property is $800,000 will you buy.

The Risk and Reward is just too great.
    Last edited by Arcachon; 05-07-18 at 07:45.

These HK-listed developers are building HK size apartments. A 3 bedder with balcony sized at 1,055 sqft. And that is a premium type, other 3 bedder types are even smaller.

Sounds like you are more seasoned than me. I leave the space for more seasoned investors in this district to comment. I am more into D7, D14 and D15.

The next city fringe area that has been stealing some light for here is D13 which I am sure you know about. Some of the older resale condos near to train stations are going for good value. You might want to take a look. My relative just sold his for 91% gross profit. FH, bought 2008, 200m from MRT.

All the best.
    PropVestor

Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    These HK-listed developers are building HK size apartments. A 3 bedder with balcony sized at 1,055 sqft. And that is a premium type, other 3 bedder types are even smaller.
    bro, in general, everyone is building at around these sizes or smaller nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Sounds like you are more seasoned than me. I leave the space for more seasoned investors in this district to comment. I am more into D7, D14 and D15.

The next city fringe area that has been stealing some light for here is D13 which I am sure you know about. Some of the older resale condos near to train stations are going for good value. You might want to take a look. My relative just sold his for 91% gross profit. FH, bought 2008, 200m from MRT.

All the best.
    PropVestor
    Thanks for your kind advice. I am not an expert on all Singapore real estate, but i did do my homework for CCR when i was buying for own stay. The decision was simple back then, i am a foreigner working in singapore and whatever property i buy here would need to be sold or rented out on moment's notice if i lose my job or get relocated. additionally, i do not want to find myself in a rush to sell the property here if the market is not conducive, so 99 year lease properties were out of question too.

i recently started looking at potential investment opportunities as i remain bullish on singapore in general, only to find the asking prices have gone through the roof in both resale and primary market. The way i see it one sure would be easier to double his/her money buying at 1,000 psf and waiting for market to hit 2,000 psf compared to buying at 6,000 psf (such as the Marq in its heydays) and waiting for market to hit 12,000 psf. Therefore, i am very reluctant to pick up anything near my place at the asking 2,800+ psf given my upside may not be as big as my downside at these entry levels.

Maybe OCR and RCR is the way to go, but i just dont know that market well enough to make the plunge

Thanks for your kind advice. I am not an expert on all Singapore real estate, but i did do my homework for CCR when i was buying for own stay. The decision was simple back then, i am a foreigner working in singapore and whatever property i buy here would need to be sold or rented out on moment's notice if i lose my job or get relocated. additionally, i do not want to find myself in a rush to sell the property here if the market is not conducive, so 99 year lease properties were out of question too.

i recently started looking at potential investment opportunities as i remain bullish on singapore in general, only to find the asking prices have gone through the roof in both resale and primary market. The way i see it one sure would be easier to double his/her money buying at 1,000 psf and waiting for market to hit 2,000 psf compared to buying at 6,000 psf (such as the Marq in its heydays) and waiting for market to hit 12,000 psf. Therefore, i am very reluctant to pick up anything near my place at the asking 2,800+ psf given my upside may not be as big as my downside at these entry levels.

Maybe OCR and RCR is the way to go, but i just dont know that market well enough to make the plunge
    Sounds like you are living near to Martin Modern area? Actually you are absolutely right about investing strategies on headroom growth. Its also about entry price as much as location. These 3 interplays are my top picks to decide yes or no to any real estate investment. I am placing my bets on mixed D in growth areas within 'less popular' CCR/RCR. Hence, Duo Residences and Park Place are in my portfolio. Meyer Road is my current dwelling but its getting a little too crowded to be re-invested upon.

I personally welcome foreigners like yourself to enter into the property market. I think it takes ALOT more guts than locals since you have longevity factor in this country to consider. Again, I think you need no education on taking calculated risks. All the best!

PropVestor

Default Stirling Residences open for preview this Saturday

Stirling Residences open for preview this Saturday

Fri, Jun 29, 2018

MEGA residential project Stirling Residences will be open for preview this Saturday by joint venture developers Logan Property from Hong Kong and Nanshan Group of China.

Secured with a record S$1 billion bid last May, the 1,259-unit development is located in District 3 near Queenstown MRT and spans almost 230,000 square feet.

The 99-year leasehold development consists of one to four-bedroom units, ranging in size from 441 sq ft for a one-bedroom unit to 1,346 sq ft for a four-bedroom apartment. Six four-bedroom penthouses ranging from 1,959 to 1,970 sq ft are also available.

It will feature three forest-themed zones with pavilions, garden lawns and pools, as well as sky and roof terraces in the three 38 to 40-storey towers.

Logan Property declined to provide an indicative price per square foot (psf) figure for the project, but said that prices start from S$848,000 for a one-bedroom apartment and S$1.1 million for a two-bedroom apartment.

"The scarcity of new high-rise projects in District 3 makes Stirling Residences a valued investment," said CB Chng, executive director at Logan Property. "This development is great for buyers who want to be near important amenities without being in the clutter."

The sales gallery on Stirling Road will be open for preview from 10am to 8pm from June 30 onwards.

To be launched on July 14, Stirling Residences is the first project in Singapore for Logan Property, which has largely focused on the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area previously. The developer bought its second land parcel, the Florence Regency complex, last October and plans to launch a project on the site by the end of this year. The site is expected to yield about 1,400 units.

Nanshan Group first ventured into Singapore property in 2013, and counts the Park Regis Hotel and Thomson Impressions among its completed projects.

279 units sold at an average psf of 1740.07psf

Despite its prime location...sales volume seems to be the slowest as compared to riverfront and park colonial..

Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Despite its prime location...sales volume seems to be the slowest as compared to riverfront and park colonial..
    It only lag the growth factor.

What a pity...but i guess long term, this location still shines.

just curious the growth factor of D13 can be priced the same as D3?

Quote Originally Posted by reddevils View Post
    just curious the growth factor of D13 can be priced the same as D3?
    Look at the MasterPlan.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-air-base-gone

It's really really hard to make people understand how much infrastructure is actually required (water, electricity, gas, cabling, roads), even though there are some economies of scale, just to build a functional unit in the sky.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Location of Stirling Residences
    3 mins walk to Queenstown MRT
    Convenient train ride to One-North Business Park (3 stops), Central Business District & Vivo City (4 stops) and Marina Bay Sands (7 Stops)
    Within 500m from Queensway Shopping Centre & IKEA
    Within 10 mins drive to Mapletree Business City, Orchard Shopping Belt and Holland Village

Price guide for highly efficient squarish layouts without long corridor in
    Stirling Residences
    1BR (441sf) from $892,000 ($2,023 psf) – High floor
    1BR + Study (506sf) from $889,000 ($1,757psf)
    2BR 1 Bath (635sf) from $1.063 M ($1,674 psf)
    2BR 2 Bath (689sf) from $1.160 M ($1,684 psf)
    2BR + Study (764sf) from $1.227 M ($1,606 psf)
    3BR Compact (883sf) from $1.449 M ($1,641psf)
    3BR with Utility (980sf) from $1.521 M ($1,552psf)
    3BR Premium (1055sf) from $1.616 M ($1,532psf)
    4BR (1346sf) from $2.179M ($1,619psf)

Prices are on a while stocks last basis.

For more information, Stirling Residences

Showflat hotline/ for more information: (+65) 9783 7903

For more information of condo in the Queenstown Area, please refer to Queenstown Condo

Seems like one of the value buy in today's market.

21 units sold from 6th to 12th Aug. total 380 sold.

Top 2 psf so far:

STIRLING RESIDENCES STIRLING ROAD Apartment 03 RCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2017 New Sale 1 $1,452,000 - 678sq ft Strata 31 to 35 2,141psf Aug-18

STIRLING RESIDENCES STIRLING ROAD Apartment 03 RCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2017 New Sale 1 $1,379,070 - 635sq ft Strata 36 to 40 2,172psf Jul-18

With so many projects launching up ahead, my money is on Kent Ridge Hill Residences its located near the MRT, good rental ability and has a huge future transformation going for it. Stirling Residences just doesn't have much potential growth. The area is already fixed. All just residential and mainly HDBs.....

If we bother to read up and gain knowledge for ourselves, we can easily sieve out the good properties from the bad. Don't be like those "wannabe investors" and just blindly buy.

Investment takes knowledge, time, effort and experience...thats why only a few of us succeed.

*Disclaimer im not promoting anything here, just sharing my two cents* Below are sources and places you can check out for more information.

Source:
    http://www.straitstimes.com/business...-up-51-in-sept
    www.thekentridgehillresidencesg.com
    www.teoduoproperty.com

We have a Stirling Residences owners' group (for verified owners only) at facebook. Any interested owners can pm me.