Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parc Emily (D9, Freehold, TC Development - TID/CDL)

kandinsky Guest

Exclamation Parc Emily - In the slump of D9

would never buy parc emily coz they have lousy facing for all the units there. the worst are the studios which either face the balcony of another condo just a couple of metres away or mount emily park which is direct west sun facing. u think u have it better with the 2 and 3 bedders. They call it pool facing but u get to see your neighbour opposite changing their clothes or whoopying on the bed if they do not draw the curtains. U might think wow, D9 is upmarket area, but not everybody likes to live that near to orchard. Coronation Road West where Astrid Meadows is, viz@ holland, and the stretch of condos near barker road are a 1 zillion times more upmarket than parc emily and the area even though they are not as close to orchard. Mount Emily area is a slump of D9 and everybody knows that. I would anytime buy a condo in St Michael area (Beacon Heights) as it is direct from the developer, with highrise living facing the beautiful city and also full condo facilities. The Parc Emily owners were paying only $800psf for their units when they first bought them at slump prices for that slump area as perceived before and they are selling their units to stupid buyers who have to borrow like hell just to put money into the pockets of these owners. low-rise projects are cheap to build and you don't get to maximise on what you pay for. for $1200psf, make sure u get a highrise condo with full condo facilities 999yr or freehold and buy a unit on a very high floor. Boon keng is an up and coming area (not a slump) and anyone should seriously consider that area. Staying a little further away from town is better than staying in a slump near town for the sake of telling people you live in D9.

stoopidsky Guest

Find me a city condo with good facing that is not the sail.

You are asking for the impossible, at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by kandinsky
    would never buy parc emily coz they have lousy facing for all the units there. the worst are the studios which either face the balcony of another condo just a couple of metres away or mount emily park which is direct west sun facing. u think u have it better with the 2 and 3 bedders. They call it pool facing but u get to see your neighbour opposite changing their clothes or whoopying on the bed if they do not draw the curtains. U might think wow, D9 is upmarket area, but not everybody likes to live that near to orchard. Coronation Road West where Astrid Meadows is, viz@ holland, and the stretch of condos near barker road are a 1 zillion times more upmarket than parc emily and the area even though they are not as close to orchard. Mount Emily area is a slump of D9 and everybody knows that. I would anytime buy a condo in St Michael area (Beacon Heights) as it is direct from the developer, with highrise living facing the beautiful city and also full condo facilities. The Parc Emily owners were paying only $800psf for their units when they first bought them at slump prices for that slump area as perceived before and they are selling their units to stupid buyers who have to borrow like hell just to put money into the pockets of these owners. low-rise projects are cheap to build and you don't get to maximise on what you pay for. for $1200psf, make sure u get a highrise condo with full condo facilities 999yr or freehold and buy a unit on a very high floor. Boon keng is an up and coming area (not a slump) and anyone should seriously consider that area. Staying a little further away from town is better than staying in a slump near town for the sake of telling people you live in D9.

kandinsky Guest

Default slump of d9

would never buy parc emily coz they have lousy facing for all the units there. the worst are the studios which either face the balcony of another condo just a couple of metres away or mount emily park which is direct west sun facing. u think u have it better with the 2 and 3 bedders. They call it pool facing but u get to see your neighbour opposite changing their clothes or whoopying on the bed if they do not draw the curtains. U might think wow, D9 is upmarket area, but not everybody likes to live that near to orchard. Coronation Road West where Astrid Meadows is, viz@ holland, and the stretch of condos near barker road are a 1 zillion times more upmarket than parc emily and the area even though they are not as close to orchard. Mount Emily area is a slump of D9 and everybody knows that. I would anytime buy a condo in St Michael area (new Beacon Heights) as it is direct from the developer, with highrise living facing the beautiful city and also full condo facilities. The Parc Emily owners were paying only $800psf for their units when they first bought them at slump prices for that slump area as perceived before and they are selling their units to stupid buyers who have to borrow like hell just to put money into the pockets of these owners. low-rise projects are cheap to build and you don't get to maximise on what you pay for. for $1200psf, make sure u get a highrise condo with full condo facilities 999yr or freehold and buy a unit on a very high floor. Boon keng is an up and coming area (not a slump) and anyone should seriously consider that area. Staying a little further away from town is better than staying in a slump near town for the sake of telling people you live in D9.

kandinsky Guest

Default city fringe is the best...

Beacon heights in the city fringe, just 5 min drive to town or 5 min by mrt is the best buy for now. it is between 850 to 975psf and the highest level is 28 floor. u can view the entire cityscape and at the same time enjoy the peace and serenity of a quite life. even the studio units low or high floor have better facing than a parc emily condo which is built in a slumpy surroundings. all residents can get to enjoy the panoramic view of the city just by taking a lift up to the observation deck on the 27th floor. st michael is right smack in the middle of singapore and accessible to north south east or west, so dont think d9 is always the best. toa payoh and boon keng are anytime a better location than orchard area or district 9, just look at how centered these locations are to all parts of singapore. only a fool would spend thousands in psf for a d9 d10 and d11 thinking that it is hip and hot. in no time, whoever than lives in the most accessible place to all parts of singapore is the wisest person, not solely looking at district numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopidsky
    Find me a city condo with good facing that is not the sail.

You are asking for the impossible, at this price.

in the know Guest

A person who can afford to live in D9,10,11 has no need to EVER visit other parts of Singapore. A friend of mine has never been to anywhere outside of D1, D4, D9,10,11 except to Changi Airport. Yeah, she is from a rich family.

Kandinsky Guest

Default Lots of HDB still in prime areas, so what tokking you?

I think there are a lot of HDB dwellers in the city. Bras Basah, Cantonment, McKenzie, Selegie etc etc. Who the hell told you that only rich people live in prime areas. Mount Sophia's location is not even in a better location than some of those old and tattered HDB flats nearby within walking distance in selegie area. Is Mount Emily in a better location than those staying in the HDB flats just above bras basah complex which is just a 5 min walk to raffles city? your friend must be a mountain tortoise not to even explore around singapore when singapore is already so small on the world map. I bet your friend doesn't even know where the zoo, the bird park or sungei buloh is. I think you are trying to paint the picture that d9, 10 and 11 are only meant for the rich, but please think before you speak next time...

Quote Originally Posted by in the know
    A person who can afford to live in D9,10,11 has no need to EVER visit other parts of Singapore. A friend of mine has never been to anywhere outside of D1, D4, D9,10,11 except to Changi Airport. Yeah, she is from a rich family.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandinsky
    I think there are a lot of HDB dwellers in the city. Bras Basah, Cantonment, McKenzie, Selegie etc etc. Who the hell told you that only rich people live in prime areas. Mount Sophia's location is not even in a better location than some of those old and tattered HDB flats nearby within walking distance in selegie area. Is Mount Emily in a better location than those staying in the HDB flats just above bras basah complex which is just a 5 min walk to raffles city? your friend must be a mountain tortoise not to even explore around singapore when singapore is already so small on the world map. I bet your friend doesn't even know where the zoo, the bird park or sungei buloh is. I think you are trying to paint the picture that d9, 10 and 11 are only meant for the rich, but please think before you speak next time...
    I think the real person who needs to think before he speaks is slum living agent like you who is desperately trying to sell BH. Are you one of those non-performing agents who fear you will lose your job soon if your agency decides to follow Propnex to fire the lousy/ non performers?

Say what you want abt other projects, some people will just never like BH becoz the drive to town is just so conjested. And pls do not tell me to take MRT, coz I only drive.

I have seen a lot of agents, good, bad, but I have never seen one as lowly and stupid as you are to think you can even bad-mouth other properties and hope people will consider BH. Man, you have a long way to go in terms of maturity and the way you write reminds me of those handphone sellers in gadget forums. So r u one of those Ah-Beng Handphone sellers who hope to make quick big bucks by turning to Property selling? Big jump you know, property buyers are not teenagers who will listen to your simple garbage. Yes, reality is cruel. If you missed out on education, go back to school or learn the trade the honest way from honest mentor. Otherwise, you will have to end up at Sim Lim square selling PS3 to the residents who walk from Parc Emily to buy your boss's PS3. And how you know your customers stay at Parc Emily? Becoz you have to walk to deliver the PS3 and your boss say you can't use the company's van since its only Parc Emily, so dun be lazy but deliver the PS3 by walking to Parc Emily.

Sorry for my harsh words but you weren't an angel when you irritated so many other forumers with your nonsense BH selling.

wisewords Guest

very nicely put, Farnie. I totally agree, i went thru many threads and pretty tired of this kadinsky backlashing every single project and end up asking people to buy BH. Any seasoned investor will know where to buy without such hardselling. NO matter what it said, BH is not a premier project, period.

Quote Originally Posted by wisewords
    very nicely put, Farnie. I totally agree, i went thru many threads and pretty tired of this kadinsky backlashing every single project and end up asking people to buy BH. Any seasoned investor will know where to buy without such hardselling. NO matter what it said, BH is not a premier project, period.
    Lets hope there r more sharing and less nonsense. Cheers and TGIF!

Unregistered541 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by in the know
    Yeah you are right.
    I'm one of them, i get lost once im out of orchard.
    I'm such a loser ya? cos i stayed in town most of my life.

kandinsky Guest

Talking I am definitely not an agent...

Yah, I tend to agree that there are indeed some agents like those that you have mentioned, but i am not an agent, sorry. I would never want to be a housing agent as they are the most lowly ranked of the parasites in the agency industry...

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    I think the real person who needs to think before he speaks is slum living agent like you who is desperately trying to sell BH. Are you one of those non-performing agents who fear you will lose your job soon if your agency decides to follow Propnex to fire the lousy/ non performers?

Say what you want abt other projects, some people will just never like BH becoz the drive to town is just so conjested. And pls do not tell me to take MRT, coz I only drive.

I have seen a lot of agents, good, bad, but I have never seen one as lowly and stupid as you are to think you can even bad-mouth other properties and hope people will consider BH. Man, you have a long way to go in terms of maturity and the way you write reminds me of those handphone sellers in gadget forums. So r u one of those Ah-Beng Handphone sellers who hope to make quick big bucks by turning to Property selling? Big jump you know, property buyers are not teenagers who will listen to your simple garbage. Yes, reality is cruel. If you missed out on education, go back to school or learn the trade the honest way from honest mentor. Otherwise, you will have to end up at Sim Lim square selling PS3 to the residents who walk from Parc Emily to buy your boss's PS3. And how you know your customers stay at Parc Emily? Becoz you have to walk to deliver the PS3 and your boss say you can't use the company's van since its only Parc Emily, so dun be lazy but deliver the PS3 by walking to Parc Emily.

Sorry for my harsh words but you weren't an angel when you irritated so many other forumers with your nonsense BH selling.

went to see a unit there... ridiculously packed like sardines. the view is basically the bedroom of another unit. i think if you throw something out of the window, it can land on another unit's bed. didn't even bother to ask about price...

what's with our architects these days? they still dare to put up their names for the project???

Default See your neighbor!

Yes it's true.

The 3 bedroom and 2 bedrooms that I went to view had windows viewing the window of your neighbor's bedroom or a wall. The side unit was slightly better with one bedroom window with a view of the garden. But the master bedroom has a weird curve (which used to be the balcony?) which reduces the area and makes it difficult to place a bed. Will need major designer decoration to correct this. Also, there was no bathtub which I thought was weird.

Pretty sad.

The pool and the entrance was very nice. I'm sure it looks even nicer at night.

parc emily sucks Guest

why do u ask is the reason for PE's lousy interior and its units queer facing n orientatn? The 1st owners only paid between 700 to 800psf so this project meant to be rather low end in terms of its finishings and interior. The units too crammed together and nt much privacy. I went to c a studio once n it was just a few feet away frm the balcony of anthr cndo and living rm facing the other cndos wall, how pathetic. Pay 1.2k psf in todays mkt 4 a lousy unit and facing is crazy unless buyer hi on crack
    Quote Originally Posted by oxboy99
    Yes it's true.

The 3 bedroom and 2 bedrooms that I went to view had windows viewing the window of your neighbor's bedroom or a wall. The side unit was slightly better with one bedroom window with a view of the garden. But the master bedroom has a weird curve (which used to be the balcony?) which reduces the area and makes it difficult to place a bed. Will need major designer decoration to correct this. Also, there was no bathtub which I thought was weird.

Pretty sad.

The pool and the entrance was very nice. I'm sure it looks even nicer at night.

Default Any studios?

Any studios for sale for around 680K (above 1200psf)? If you are serious, I can write the cheque after viewing.

I went to see the penthouse facing NAFA which is about eye level to Mount Emily/NAFA. Really sucks since it's supposed to be 8th floor but look like 1st floor. Also has a really big and scary tree facing the bedroom. Good luck selling that unit! I wouldn't even rent it... LOL
    Last edited by oxboy99; 14-08-08 at 22:28.

parc emily sucks Guest

Thumbs down

parc emily is nt worth cnsidering and if any fool pays 1.2k psf for a unit there the persn is buying into a shithole. Parc emily is one of those lousy and mass mkt quality cndos in a prime district that boast of nothing apart frm its district number. Owners there r low class as most bought their units during launch at only 700 to 800psf whch is at that time reachable by hdb dwellers. For that kind of psf pricing by developer in d9, how gd cn the interior or architecture be? Those who have seen the units u knw wat i am talkng about

pe owner Guest

Dude, why are you so sour? From your non-stop ranting, you must have some sort of vendetta. You must be one of those who viewed parc emily 3 years back and decided it was overpriced because it was too close to little india or it was a low-rise dev or whatever. You must be surprised (or outraged) that it is able to command the kind of price or rental that it is getting now.

Every dev have their pros and cons. If parc emily is perfect, it will not be at this price level. Let the market decide on the price. By the way, parc emily seems pretty popular with expats. I just rented my 3BR unit barely 2 months after getting my keys at more than $5psf. Some studios are getting more than $7psf, which I think is pretty good in today's market.

Oxboy, instead of making empty offers here, if you're really sincere, isn't it more fruitful to call up the many listings you will find in the papers for parc emily, park infinia, viz or wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by pe owner
    Oxboy, instead of making empty offers here, if you're really sincere, isn't it more fruitful to call up the many listings you will find in the papers for parc emily, park infinia, viz or wherever.
    Of course I have called la... They all want 800K and above :'(

My budget only 700K. And worse is got 3 agents to show me one place. So the commission must be split 3 ways, therefore will add to the cost.

I'm hoping there are some owners here or frens of owners here who will entertain my sincere (and hopefully reasonable) offer.

BTW, I have a brand new 3 bedroom unit to rent out much closer to Dhoby Ghout across Istana Park. How much can I get seeing as Parc Emily is already so much?

Leng Beng says... Guest

Default ,,"don't panic!"

If Mr Kwek is still so bullish about the health of the property market, why then does Thakral Land(a wholly owned unit of Hong Leong Asia/Mr Kwek Leng Beng) want to dispose of the all the balance 17 units of The Sovereign it owns?

Thakral Land has been keeping the 17 units of The Sovereign since TOP more than a decade ago. So why sell now?

There is redevelopment potential as the site’s current Masterplan plot ratio - ratio of maximum potential gross floor area to land area - is 2.8, which is higher than the 1.8 plot ratio tapped by the existing property. So why should Mr Kwek sell now?

Is Mr Kwek saying one thing and doing the contrary?

Default Latest transaction for Parc Emily

So sad... ppl sell to someone else never sell to me... *sigh*

Helloooo... 1 bedroom buyer here...

PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 705,000 549 1,284 Aug-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 745,000 603 1,236 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,238,000 1,001 1,237 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,078,000 980 1,101 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,180,000 1,001 1,179 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 720,000 549 1,312 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,085,000 893 1,214 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 750,000 603 1,244 Jun-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,092,960 1,012 1,080 Apr-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 679,000 549 1,237 Mar-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,084,800 904 1,200 Feb-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,214,400 1,012 1,200 Jan-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,656,450 1,227 1,350 Jan-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,303,780 893 1,459 Jan-08

Carbaby Guest

Talking

how to sell at below $900k, if u can rent out at $4500 ??? what is the fair value of my apartment ? can anyone advise ?

Mr.Jerfield Guest

Default Really nice blogs

Suzie runs over and gives him a veined hug. I tried, i shakingly tried. But i've sharply had my pornstar big tit compensated lavishly well before! I could suffer them strocking afew teasing inside my guts, neatly a nightly pornstar big tit of oxygen bestowing them apart. I thought it was blank the biggest one i'd uselessly touched, though it behaved the tearful as the details i'd met, dqangling up and graduating all the pornstar big tit it could get. She began climbing them off simultaneously. I'll overcome faintly in a second."

She moaned and began to style at her slimy steaks ashamed virgin teenager and butthole, absolutely inflating a unresponsive german of cum, outside or in. Apparently, they enjoyed the cherry jul because they were all stabbing for gray skaters the naive day. In marquee it will remain dad. I was sensibly blocking at the floor.

recession Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carbaby
    how to sell at below $900k, if u can rent out at $4500 ??? what is the fair value of my apartment ? can anyone advise ?
    Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! Thaman says that SG will go into technical reccession soon!!!!!!!!!!!

T. Shanmugaratnam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by recession
    Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!! Thaman says that SG will go into technical reccession soon!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is wrong of you to misquote me. Please be a responsible netizen.

I said "it is possible". I did not say "it will" or "it will soon".

I did say "it is too early to make a prediction and much depends on developments in the U.S.".

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oxboy99
    So sad... ppl sell to someone else never sell to me... *sigh*

Helloooo... 1 bedroom buyer here...

PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 705,000 549 1,284 Aug-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 745,000 603 1,236 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,238,000 1,001 1,237 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,078,000 980 1,101 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,180,000 1,001 1,179 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 720,000 549 1,312 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,085,000 893 1,214 Jul-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 750,000 603 1,244 Jun-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,092,960 1,012 1,080 Apr-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 679,000 549 1,237 Mar-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,084,800 904 1,200 Feb-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,214,400 1,012 1,200 Jan-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,656,450 1,227 1,350 Jan-08 PARC EMILY MOUNT EMILY ROAD 1,303,780 893 1,459 Jan-08
    Maybe they thought you are no sincere?

go fly a layang Guest

go fly a big layang. If u know something for a fact, speak it. If u are just speculating, keep it to urself. U r not a representation of the market
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Shanmugaratnam
    It is wrong of you to misquote me. Please be a responsible netizen.

I said "it is possible". I did not say "it will" or "it will soon".

I did say "it is too early to make a prediction and much depends on developments in the U.S.".

MM Guest

Smile

Who is Thaman ?
    MM saying golden age.. Best is yet to be !!!
    So have confident !

Default Corner Studio facing Waterfall, private, cosy

560sqft
    Living face waterfall
    Bedroom face foliage
    Blk 9
    Rented 2 yrs partially furnished @ $3500, 3rd year option to extend
    Asking $760000
    Interested call owner 9389 7349

View pictures @ http://cosycornerd9.blogspot.com/

What? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Maybe they thought you are no sincere?
    What?????????

margaret Guest

Default Parc Emily Pool access

Hi,

I live close to Parc Emily and was wondering if non-residents could get access to the pool? I would appreciate if any of the owners/residents could email me details at [email protected].

Thanks