Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Regency @ Tiong Bahru (D3, Freehold, UOL)

Anyone know what is the psf for this development? looking for 3 bed for own stay in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by alongking
    Anyone know what is the psf for this development? looking for 3 bed for own stay in this area.
    Huh?

Got heavy construction behind the development till 2011 (minimum)......

how to

Guess the view will be block by HDB flats
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stack #1 and #2 are alright though..cant say the same about other stack. Sadly, #4 and #5 will be quite completely blocked..

Quote Originally Posted by ghost5141
    Stack #1 and #2 are alright though..cant say the same about other stack. Sadly, #4 and #5 will be quite completely blocked..

But will have CTE road noise. I prefer Twin regency

Twin Regency is really nice at high floor with the sea view.
    But you have to bear with the huge huge bay window at the Master bedroom toilet and the facilities all over the shop.
    However its really very windy and very very convenient.

but if high floor should be fine right? i think stack #1 and #2 should escape most of blocking by HDB, noise and dust from CTE. Yet get the wind from the north/south facing. Twin Regency is nice but i find it's a bit too near to Regency Suites and the non-master bedroom is really way too small for adult.

What you reckon?

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Suburban home prices soar
    Some mid-tier projects have topped previous peaks, figures based on URA data show
    Fiona Chan
    The Straits Times
    Friday, 9 October 2009

Citylights, a new condominium which incorporates conservation shophouses in its layout, is almost complete. In the left background are HDB flats along Jellicoe Road. -- Photo: ST

House hunters: If it feels like that suburban condominium you are eyeing is just as expensive now as it was during the 2007-2008 property boom, that is because it probably is.

Although overall private home prices are still some 15% below recent peaks, prices of mass market homes have already climbed back to the levels of early last year, right before the recession hit.

According to the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA’s) latest estimate, released last week, prices of suburban private homes are just 3% shy of their peak levels in the second quarter of last year.

Some individual projects – such as Seletaris in Yio Chu Kang and Casa Merah in Tanah Merah – have already surpassed these levels, going by calculations done by The Straits Times using data from URA’s Realis database.

For mid-tier properties, URA’s data indicated prices remain about 15% off peaks last year.

But some condos in this category are also bucking the trend, with higher prices in the third quarter this year than in the property boom just past.

In the Jalan Besar area, for instance, three condominiums – Citylights, Southbank, and City Square Residences – are now commanding higher average psf than they did at the height of the boom, according to The Straits Times’ calculations.

The calculations compared these condos’ average price psf in the third quarter this year with the second quarter of last year. All the projects had several sales in the most recent quarter, but some had as few as two in the second quarter of last year as sentiment tapered off ahead of the recession.

Similarly, in the East Coast area, projects such as The Esta and The Sea View have already breached their peak average psf prices. This pattern has also cropped up in selected condos from Clementiwoods in Clementi to The Regency @ Tiong Bahru.

While launches of suburban condos have seen a massive surge in demand in recent months, resales of existing homes have so far stayed out of the limelight. But they have also been appreciating in value as sentiment in the real estate market goes from strength to strength, said property consultants.

'For mass-market leasehold projects outside the prime areas, just based on resale prices, we have almost gone back to the 2007-2008 levels,' said Ms Chua Chor Hoon, head of South-east Asia research at DTZ Debenham Tie Leung.

According to her research, the average price of a leasehold non-landed resale home rose to $610 psf in the third quarter of this year, a mere $5 psf less than the most recent peak of $615 psf.

With private home prices still on an uptrend, having jumped a 20-year record of 16% in the third quarter this year, it seems just a matter of time before suburban condo prices hit new highs.

But consultants say this may not necessarily happen, at least not by the end of this year.

For one thing, the Government’s measures to cool the property market, announced last month, could have a dampening effect on home sales and moderate price increases.

This is unlikely to hit actual demand for homes, but the announcement’s psychological impact could cause a knee-jerk reaction and help prevent private home prices from escalating at an unsustainable pace, said Ms Tay Huey Ying, director of research and advisory at property firm Colliers International.

'As it is, the stand-offs between buyers and sellers in the secondary market are showing signs of a return,' she said. Buyers are also starting to complain about the higher prices of mass market homes.

'We have seen a slight slowdown in sales generally in the market, partly because of the prices, and partly because of the Government’s announcements,' she said, adding that prices have yet to suffer.

'I think some people are refusing to pay high prices, but sellers are not lowering their asking prices, so we are seeing the number of inquiries and also transactions come down a bit.'

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter

Suburban home prices soar
    Some mid-tier projects have topped previous peaks, figures based on URA data show
    Fiona Chan
    The Straits Times
    Friday, 9 October 2009

Citylights, a new condominium which incorporates conservation shophouses in its layout, is almost complete. In the left background are HDB flats along Jellicoe Road. -- Photo: ST

House hunters: If it feels like that suburban condominium you are eyeing is just as expensive now as it was during the 2007-2008 property boom, that is because it probably is.

Although overall private home prices are still some 15% below recent peaks, prices of mass market homes have already climbed back to the levels of early last year, right before the recession hit.

According to the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s (URA’s) latest estimate, released last week, prices of suburban private homes are just 3% shy of their peak levels in the second quarter of last year.

Some individual projects – such as Seletaris in Yio Chu Kang and Casa Merah in Tanah Merah – have already surpassed these levels, going by calculations done by The Straits Times using data from URA’s Realis database.

For mid-tier properties, URA’s data indicated prices remain about 15% off peaks last year.

But some condos in this category are also bucking the trend, with higher prices in the third quarter this year than in the property boom just past.

In the Jalan Besar area, for instance, three condominiums – Citylights, Southbank, and City Square Residences – are now commanding higher average psf than they did at the height of the boom, according to The Straits Times’ calculations.

The calculations compared these condos’ average price psf in the third quarter this year with the second quarter of last year. All the projects had several sales in the most recent quarter, but some had as few as two in the second quarter of last year as sentiment tapered off ahead of the recession.

Similarly, in the East Coast area, projects such as The Esta and The Sea View have already breached their peak average psf prices. This pattern has also cropped up in selected condos from Clementiwoods in Clementi to The Regency @ Tiong Bahru.

While launches of suburban condos have seen a massive surge in demand in recent months, resales of existing homes have so far stayed out of the limelight. But they have also been appreciating in value as sentiment in the real estate market goes from strength to strength, said property consultants.

'For mass-market leasehold projects outside the prime areas, just based on resale prices, we have almost gone back to the 2007-2008 levels,' said Ms Chua Chor Hoon, head of South-east Asia research at DTZ Debenham Tie Leung.

According to her research, the average price of a leasehold non-landed resale home rose to $610 psf in the third quarter of this year, a mere $5 psf less than the most recent peak of $615 psf.

With private home prices still on an uptrend, having jumped a 20-year record of 16% in the third quarter this year, it seems just a matter of time before suburban condo prices hit new highs.

But consultants say this may not necessarily happen, at least not by the end of this year.

For one thing, the Government’s measures to cool the property market, announced last month, could have a dampening effect on home sales and moderate price increases.

This is unlikely to hit actual demand for homes, but the announcement’s psychological impact could cause a knee-jerk reaction and help prevent private home prices from escalating at an unsustainable pace, said Ms Tay Huey Ying, director of research and advisory at property firm Colliers International.

'As it is, the stand-offs between buyers and sellers in the secondary market are showing signs of a return,' she said. Buyers are also starting to complain about the higher prices of mass market homes.

'We have seen a slight slowdown in sales generally in the market, partly because of the prices, and partly because of the Government’s announcements,' she said, adding that prices have yet to suffer.

'I think some people are refusing to pay high prices, but sellers are not lowering their asking prices, so we are seeing the number of inquiries and also transactions come down a bit.'
    wonder any subsale going on? hv not heard much about this project. can see the condo furnishing its exterior now ... but location nt as good as Twin Regency.. quite far from mrt and main road.

when I look at property guru, the pics shown do not have surrounding hdb flat... very smart of the agrents..

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    when I look at property guru, the pics shown do not have surrounding hdb flat... very smart of the agrents..
    it's a must to pay a visit to whatever you are buying.

in this case, in addition to that, must also look at hdb en-bloc relocation, the 40 storey flats coming up south of this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    it's a must to pay a visit to whatever you are buying.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    in this case, in addition to that, must also look at hdb en-bloc relocation, the 40 storey flats coming up south of this project.
    the hdb project is in full scale now ... at about 10 storey high already... Almost a stone throw away from the Regency. However, the units facing CTE will still hv unblock city scenery.

that's right, will be a great view except will get noise from CTE

Quote Originally Posted by wklibran
    the hdb project is in full scale now ... at about 10 storey high already... Almost a stone throw away from the Regency. However, the units facing CTE will still hv unblock city scenery.

This project is one of the worst. No doubt, it is tall. But it is hugged by HDB around it. Location is so so only. Don't understand why people pay so much for it.

when the first buyers bought, they didn't know that the hdb will build the en-bloc relocation there.

as can be seen in the past year, the project despite being newer, was sold at a discount to twin regency and regency suites due to its inferior location.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    This project is one of the worst. No doubt, it is tall. But it is hugged by HDB around it. Location is so so only. Don't understand why people pay so much for it.

when the first buyers bought, they didn't know that the hdb will build the en-bloc relocation there.

as can be seen in the past year, the project despite being newer, was sold at a discount to twin regency and regency suites due to its inferior location.
    sorry, i am not very familiar with ppty market. may i know is this project fully sold?

what is the current selling price in the resale mkt (xxxx/psf?)

one more thing to note, the location is quite far from tiong bahru main road and just outside the condo, there is singapore society for the disabled.

laid back atmosphere but location not so ideal.. i think.

fully sold during launch in late 06 or maybe early 07. Most of the units were transacted between 1000 and 1100psf. Most recent month is August with 4 transactions between 1030 to 1102psf. Exceptions are 1200psf for a unit in july and another one beat that with a 1327psf in aug.

sorry, i am not very familiar with ppty market. may i know is this project fully sold?

what is the current selling price in the resale mkt (xxxx/psf?)

one more thing to note, the location is quite far from tiong bahru main road and just outside the condo, there is singapore society for the disabled.

laid back atmosphere but location not so ideal.. i think.

U mean launch price then oso > 1k psf???

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    ha ha.. i will never forget this development...

it was $1,100 psf thereabout during the launch. I ask the agent, at this price, how many units they expect to sell, given the location isn't the greatest on earth.

After about one week, the agent sms to 'suan' me... she told me they expected to sell ALL UNITS. I want also don't have already...

I damn too lan... hahahah

actually launch price then was around 9xxpsf for lower floors but higher floors were indeed 10xx to 11xxpsf. panaromic view with humming symphony of CTE mah.

sorry, looks like i caused the confusion as i was replying to wklibran's questions.

the second sentence refers to the recent transactions.

fully sold during launch in late 06 or maybe early 07. Most of the units were transacted between 1000 and 1100psf. Most recent month is August with 4 transactions between 1030 to 1102psf. Exceptions are 1200psf for a unit in july and another one beat that with a 1327psf in aug.

Hmm .. if launch was around late 06 - early 07 with tt kinda price, seems like back in one full circle, margin not really say fantastic for those sub-sales leh ... plus this Regency is prob the least ideal among the series.

Haha .. pay high flr for view & yes inclusive of CTE

Hmm .. if launch was around late 06 - early 07 with tt kinda price, seems like back in one full circle, margin not really say fantastic for those sub-sales leh ... plus this Regency is prob the least ideal among the series.

Haha .. pay high flr for view & yes inclusive of CTE
    mr bargain hunter, thank you for the enlightenment...

woo.. so the 1st hand owner of the condo must be hoping for the current ppty craze to continue, else how they going to offload their unit if they are investors...

ya, among the 3 regency, this is indeed the worse in terms of location and feel...

ya, among the 3 regency, this is indeed the worse in terms of location and feel...
    That is because it is a fake regency.

Since when does "Bo Bo Tan" have anything to do with "regency"?

i think the 1st owners are in the money already. low floors bought 9xx now should be able to sell at 10xx to 11xx, those bought high floors at 10xx to 11xx, 2 managed to sell at 1200 and 13xx already. LOL. i think the finishing for this project should be better than the other 2 but too bad, the location and the 40 storey flats coming up has spoilt it.

mr bargain hunter, thank you for the enlightenment...

woo.. so the 1st hand owner of the condo must be hoping for the current ppty craze to continue, else how they going to offload their unit if they are investors...

Does anyone know when is this going to TOP? I see the facade is pretty much done.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost5141
    Does anyone know when is this going to TOP? I see the facade is pretty much done.
    The interiors still look pretty bare from the ground floor as I drive pass almost everyday.

I also see the kim tian HDBs forming a barrier wall just few meters from the 2 blocks of the regency. So most likely those units facing south will have their balconies and bedrooms just within "touching distance" from the new kim tian hdbs.

Can write off the south view due to the HDB blocks but north view still good... Can see very far esp high floors... Area in front is under conservation based on URA master plan... Anyway most developement have only 1 view... In this case living room unblocked view is still very interesting n attractive...

To me, the location is good... Near mrt n ammenities... Yet not so close to main road... Very short drive to orchard n city...

Am monitoring the price n TOP...

Quote Originally Posted by FTorres
    Can write off the south view due to the HDB blocks but north view still good... Can see very far esp high floors... Area in front is under conservation based on URA master plan... Anyway most developement have only 1 view... In this case living room unblocked view is still very interesting n attractive...

To me, the location is good... Near mrt n ammenities... Yet not so close to main road... Very short drive to orchard n city...

Am monitoring the price n TOP...
    Near MRT? Although you can reach by walking, it is about 1 to 2 bus stop distant.

View maybe good for North but... this is too near to expressway which will be very noisy.