Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Regency @ Tiong Bahru (D3, Freehold, UOL)

Ftorres is correct mah

Location is good... better then balastier

Near mrt n ammenities... singapore so small, nothing wrong with the word ''near''

Yet not so close to main road...Ya, not close to main road, just closer to Expressway

Very short drive to orchard n city...Shorter then driving to woodland mah..

Drove past the development last weekend and saw the 2 blocks given new coat of paint... TOP soon?

agent said developers have sent out letter for owner to take bank loan (if they have not), was told TOP Jan/Feb. Prob Feb/Mar then get key?

TOP Mar/Apr.

heard this has TOP-ed. Anyone has had a look?

TOP end Mar.
    about 40% owners collected keys.

Anyone went to see this? Personally I am quite disappointed. The gate itself looks cheapo. Not to say many other undesirable things..

Quote Originally Posted by ghost5141
    Anyone went to see this? Personally I am quite disappointed. The gate itself looks cheapo. Not to say many other undesirable things..
    I have to agree. The entrance is tucked at one corner and next a charitable society. Exclusive but far from the main road such as Kim Tian Road or Tiong Bahru road.

Wait till you see some of the stack's city & harbor city view. It's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tay EG
    Wait till you see some of the stack's city & harbor city view. It's amazing!
    Which stack is it? And the min floor level to do thaT?

My friend bought this condo to be my neighbour. But he says his unit is hugged by the HDBs. 40 or 45 levels high so I am pretty skeptical about the view. He just sold it for 100% profit. If only his downpayment, then it is 500% returns in 3 years +.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    My friend bought this condo to be my neighbour. But he says his unit is hugged by the HDBs. 40 or 45 levels high so I am pretty skeptical about the view. He just sold it for 100% profit. If only his downpayment, then it is 500% returns in 3 years +.
    i think your friend really just made 100% of his principal outlay which was perhaps 30-40%. none of the units jumped that much such that the nominal value jumped 1 fold.

I was looking at stack 1. Personally, i think only stack 1 and 3 is good. Stack 3 is better but the 2br only stop at 12th or 13th floor and i m only looking for 2br. With that height, it might not be able to escape the dust/noise from CTE. If anyone get highfloor for stack 3 (which would be 3br), that would be perfect.

The view for high floor stack 1 and 3 is very nice..but still.

I was looking at stack 1. Personally, i think only stack 1 and 3 is good. Stack 3 is better but the 2br only stop at 12th or 13th floor and i m only looking for 2br. With that height, it might not be able to escape the dust/noise from CTE. If anyone get highfloor for stack 3 (which would be 3br), that would be perfect.

The view for high floor stack 1 and 3 is very nice..but still.
    some people buy a unit for the view, some people buy a unit for convenience. so it depends on individual preference. for me, i am the latter. location is more important.. so this is not my cup of tea...

Generally. all the unit's front view are nice (I think 10 floor & above). Stack 5 & 6 rear view are HDB. Stack 2 20% blocked by HDB. Stack 1 5% blocked.
    High floor (I think 15 floor & above can see Sentosa for stack 1, 2 & 3).

As for location, I think not bad, about 500 - 600 m from MRT & Tiong Bahru Plaza. Walking distance from Tiong Bahru mkt & restaurants. If this is consider lousy location, get one with such standard & compare the price whether which one more worth.

Personally, i think the location is good, no doubt abt it. It has many amenities around and getting around and to town is really convenient. Walking to MRT is not too far as well. If it's very near to MRT (like metropolitan), it's possibly 99 leasehold by now.

It's just that this project seems to be squeezed into smallest gap possible between HDBs. I have nothing againts staying near HDB but this is REALLY quite near.

Just 2 cents worth.

Personally, i think the location is good, no doubt abt it. It has many amenities around and getting around and to town is really convenient. Walking to MRT is not too far as well. If it's very near to MRT (like metropolitan), it's possibly 99 leasehold by now.

It's just that this project seems to be squeezed into smallest gap possible between HDBs. I have nothing againts staying near HDB but this is REALLY quite near.

Just 2 cents worth.
    Location wise, indeed it is near to town and the famous tiong bahru market, which is about 10 mins walk. My concern for this development is that the nearest bus stop is probably 15mins away along tiong bahru or jalan bt merah. For resident who rely on public transport, maybe a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by wklibran
    Location wise, indeed it is near to town and the famous tiong bahru market, which is about 10 mins walk. My concern for this development is that the nearest bus stop is probably 15mins away along tiong bahru or jalan bt merah. For resident who rely on public transport, maybe a concern.
    I thought the nearest bus stop is @ the MRT. Though I'm not familiar with the bus stops, but, I don't think it is a concern.

HDB is the major concern but I think after sometime (after all HDB units occupied), it would settle down & ppl who want to stay there will get use to it.

I believe this freehold property will have good upside (not in the near future) few years later as Tiong Bahru area has not many free hold property and with decent view.

Quote Originally Posted by wklibran
    Re bus-stop, it's really not too far away. I work in the city and i can catch several buses to work from stop along Jln Bt Merah (at Kah Hiang restaurant if you are familiar).

Walk to bus stop is prob about 10mins, def shorter walk to MRT which takes abt 12mins (i actually time it the last time).

I thought the nearest bus stop is @ the MRT. Though I'm not familiar with the bus stops, but, I don't think it is a concern.

HDB is the major concern but I think after sometime (after all HDB units occupied), it would settle down & ppl who want to stay there will get use to it.

I believe this freehold property will have good upside (not in the near future) few years later as Tiong Bahru area has not many free hold property and with decent view.
    Indeed, i do agree HDB is a major concern. Not HDB as development per se, more of the sudden influx of population once new HDB opp the developement is ready for occupancy.

I grow up there. TB used to be rather quiet and peaceful (boring in some ppl's perspective) but over years, esp with new flats popping up along Jln membina and tiong bahru road, you can feel sudden increase in human traffic (esp at NTUC). Thus, with new flats popping up even more, you can be assure TB is gonna be rather crowded. Good because you might see even more shops and amenities to accomodate/service the crowd. Bad; the obvious - the crowd, the noise, the squeeze, probably cleanliness and probably the image of TB as a whole.

If you ask me, TB is a gem. It's accessible and equipped with amenities in everyway. It's very logical for gov and private developer to get a piece of it. You just have to see if what's more important for your current needs/wants.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Bad point is very very close to Expressway.. it's literally a stone's throw away.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Bad point is very very close to Expressway.. it's literally a stone's throw away.
    True. I went to see one on high floor, #30 and above and i dun get any noise. Not sure about the dust and etc tho. My current place is near expressway but on 10th floor and it gets dusty very very easily..

Same here, I seen mid floor & high floor near CTE, don't feel any noise.

Generally, now many units selling & renting out plus HDB flat completion end of the yr plus further renovation for 6 mth, this condo will stablize end next year.

If you see those development @ West coast & AMK selling @ 1100 +- 150 psf with 99 yrs tenure, you will find that this development (plus regency suites & twin regency) appreciating over the next few year.

Just be patience. I also hear a lot of 'complaints' aboout a development despite good investment potential initially but time will prove its value.

On aircon whole day lor, no more noise ~~

Same here, I seen mid floor & high floor near CTE, don't feel any noise.

Generally, now many units selling & renting out plus HDB flat completion end of the yr plus further renovation for 6 mth, this condo will stablize end next year.

If you see those development @ West coast & AMK selling @ 1100 +- 150 psf with 99 yrs tenure, you will find that this development (plus regency suites & twin regency) appreciating over the next few year.

Just be patience. I also hear a lot of 'complaints' aboout a development despite good investment potential initially but time will prove its value.
    i do agee with the investment part, though i m buying for my own stay. Anw, i dun think one would ever find a 'perfect' condo. You probably can, but by then, i am sure the cost will be a concern. (at least thats what the elderly would say.)

Half cents worth. : )

Default For sale: The Regency at Tiong Bahru

Dear readers, I have a mid floor, 4br unit, spacious layout for sale. View by appointment, view to offer. Price is negotiable.

Co-broke agents are also welcomed!

Contact Alex @9184 8890 now for appointment.

Hi, does anyone know if this development is within 1km of Radin Mas Primary School?

Quote Originally Posted by derracs
    Hi, does anyone know if this development is within 1km of Radin Mas Primary School?
    900m if u measure from edge to edge. Centre to centre 1.03km.

I have seen this project
    Very close to the Tiong Baru market
    but too bad this one is close to CTE and also some very run down shophouses etc

Quote Originally Posted by NoodyGirl
    I have seen this project
    Very close to the Tiong Baru market
    but too bad this one is close to CTE and also some very run down shophouses etc
    CHECK OUT THE INGRESS AND EGRESS ROAD

one hell of an experience during peak. Maybe ERP would help there.