Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345671217222732 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Dakotaa Guest

URA say remaking 15 years mean 50 years .... must live damn long ... to see the light ...

MrLim Guest

Aiyo, living in Singapore, everywhere got hdb except maybe, certain landed property, bungalow area. To be fair, Dakota Residences is an OK project and priced reasonably - not cheap and also not overpriced to me. Old Airport food centre is OK what... compare Dakota Residences to Dunman View, still got units also $900 psf from developer... which would you buy? Older and no mrt. URA also not that bad, compliments to them.

Blue Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MsDakota
    I totally agree. The best you can get to be near city but without having to pay the price of Icon, another 99 year project near MRT, so what if got balcony or school? Icon got temple. Actually, with hdb amenities, better still. Someone said, mis-priced? I also agree.
    mmmm..... when is second phase launching? sounds not too bad.

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    mmmm..... when is second phase launching? sounds not too bad.
    Anyone knows?

ggd Guest

Heard from the agent that coming sat will be the official launch. Probably will launch all units...

Unregisterederer Guest

But seriously if MRT is what you're after and you don't drive, then HDB got much more choices. Not many people use the pool anyway. So what's the point of paying a premium for a 99 years property when HDB is only 1/2 price and also 99 year lease? The $$ u save can buy many other things and allow u to retire earlier. If buy private property, then must be exclusive private enclave, FH , good facilities and enough parking spaces for your cars. No need MRT.... I just don't see the premium between this 99LH apt and the HDB flat nearby. Cut the crap about the showflat look nicer. Anyone can spend $100k on an HDB and look just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLim
    Aiyo, living in Singapore, everywhere got hdb except maybe, certain landed property, bungalow area. To be fair, Dakota Residences is an OK project and priced reasonably - not cheap and also not overpriced to me. Old Airport food centre is OK what... compare Dakota Residences to Dunman View, still got units also $900 psf from developer... which would you buy? Older and no mrt. URA also not that bad, compliments to them.

Lucy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisterederer
    But seriously if MRT is what you're after and you don't drive, then HDB got much more choices. Not many people use the pool anyway. So what's the point of paying a premium for a 99 years property when HDB is only 1/2 price and also 99 year lease? The $$ u save can buy many other things and allow u to retire earlier. If buy private property, then must be exclusive private enclave, FH , good facilities and enough parking spaces for your cars. No need MRT.... I just don't see the premium between this 99LH apt and the HDB flat nearby. Cut the crap about the showflat look nicer. Anyone can spend $100k on an HDB and look just as good.
    For better rental yield?

Unregistered01 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    For better rental yield?
    Shd be decent given mrt and so close to town.

minimi Guest

Is dakota in D14 or D15 ?

Unregistered3 Guest

District 14

Unregistered1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3
    District 14
    D14 hah.... for HDB upgradder nearly 1000 psf too high, for the rest, D14 sounds not so attractive...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    D14 hah.... for HDB upgradder nearly 1000 psf too high, for the rest, D14 sounds not so attractive...
    Sometimes buying a property to stay is not about the District or the price, its is the feel that matters.

I personally like Dakota site a lot due to the environment around it. The area is nice and peaceful with great view towards the South. Three years down the road when the circle line is ready, it will be almost prefect.

If I can afford it , I would definitely buy one. I think the price will appreciate nearer TOP, just like what happened to Citylight.

why r sinkies suckers? Guest

FEEL????

You gotta be kidding.

How does it FEEL to pay almost $1000 psf to live among HDB flats and a big smelly hawker centre? With char kway teow fumes coming in every day?

How does it FEEL to pay almost $1000 psf to live in a 99yr condo that is not even in a prime district???

Whatever feel there is living here in Dakota Crescent, I can tell you that all the HDB dwellers living around you will be pointing their fingers laughing at your car whenever you drive thorugh the gates of your Dakota Residence "See? Look at that SUCKER!" HAHAHAHHAA

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by why r sinkies suckers?
    FEEL????

You gotta be kidding.

How does it FEEL to pay almost $1000 psf to live among HDB flats and a big smelly hawker centre? With char kway teow fumes coming in every day?

How does it FEEL to pay almost $1000 psf to live in a 99yr condo that is not even in a prime district???

Whatever feel there is living here in Dakota Crescent, I can tell you that all the HDB dwellers living around you will be pointing their fingers laughing at your car whenever you drive thorugh the gates of your Dakota Residence "See? Look at that SUCKER!" HAHAHAHHAA
    you are very imaginative about hdb residents pointing at your car indeed!

char kway teow fumes coming in from so far away? are you kidding too?

how do you define prime district? in the past toa payoh is considered ulu. now, it is not. dakota is so near city, i will not be surprised if it becomes a prime district one day. and this is not a far fetched thing since the government is developing this area.

are u stupid? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    you are very imaginative about hdb residents pointing at your car indeed!

char kway teow fumes coming in from so far away? are you kidding too?

how do you define prime district? in the past toa payoh is considered ulu. now, it is not. dakota is so near city, i will not be surprised if it becomes a prime district one day. and this is not a far fetched thing since the government is developing this area.
    How to define prime district?

An area which houses the wealthiest people in the country or city (may or may not be citizens), an area with the highest land value in the country or city.

Ae you saying that Toa Payoh currently has the highest land values in Singapore? Do the richest people live in Toa Payoh?

Sorry Toa Payoh didn't qualify as a prime district back then, just as it does not qualify now!

Do you mean to say that Dakota land values will one day surpass Orchard, Marina Bay, Keppel, Newton, River Valley, Grange, Holland, Bukit Timah land values????

If you don't know what is prime district then shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by why r sinkies suckers?
    FEEL????

You gotta be kidding.

Haha. And I thought School holiday is over.

Same things have been said of The Sail and Citylight and look where are they now.

I cant claim that I can predict the future but I spent months studying the site and I truely believe in what I said.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I do stand by my opinion.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by are u stupid?

An area which houses the wealthiest people in the country or city (may or may not be citizens), an area with the highest land value in the country or city.

Ae you saying that Toa Payoh currently has the highest land values in Singapore? Do the richest people live in Toa Payoh?

Sorry Toa Payoh didn't qualify as a prime district back then, just as it does not qualify now!

Do you mean to say that Dakota land values will one day surpass Orchard, Marina Bay, Keppel, Newton, River Valley, Grange, Holland, Bukit Timah land values????

who said toa payoh was considered prime district? i only said it was considered ulu in the past, but not ulu now.

and who in the world will think that dakota will surpass orchard or marina bay? please talk sense.

outsider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    who said toa payoh was considered prime district? i only said it was considered ulu in the past, but not ulu now.

and who in the world will think that dakota will surpass orchard or marina bay? please talk sense.
    Then you, uneducated fool with zero basis in logic, MUST stop talking of Dakota becoming a prime district (your own words).

outsider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Haha. And I thought School holiday is over.

Same things have been said of The Sail and Citylight and look where are they now.

I cant claim that I can predict the future but I spent months studying the site and I truely believe in what I said.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I do stand by my opinion.
    I know where the Sail is at, but Citylights?

To many people it is still located in a HDB heartland, even worse, with factories and coffin shops surounding it!

One identifying clue to whether an area will become "prime" and high class would be the existence and/or lack of HDB flats.

If you haven't noticed, rich people do not normally like to live in an area that is equally accessible to the non-rich (aka HDB flats in the same area).

Disbelieve at your own peril.

mimi Guest

for goodness sake, icon is surrounded by temple and HDB blocks but it is still selling at a premium

outsider, I believe you ! What you said is very true when I recall my experience with what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider

To many people it is still located in a HDB heartland, even worse, with factories and coffin shops surounding it!

One identifying clue to whether an area will become "prime" and high class would be the existence and/or lack of HDB flats.

If you haven't noticed, rich people do not normally like to live in an area that is equally accessible to the non-rich (aka HDB flats in the same area).

dudette Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mimi
    for goodness sake, icon is surrounded by temple and HDB blocks but it is still selling at a premium
    At a premium? Premium to what? Premium to 99 year condo in Yishun, yeah sure!

Premium to The Sail? To One Shenton? The Lumiere? Nope.

By the way, Icon's price is the lowest among those city condos found in D1 and D2.

Do you agree that the Icon's price could be higher if the HDB flats and temple suddenly disappeared from there? If you say yes, then you do agree that the existence of surrounding HDB flats are a drag on any condo's pricing.

The reason why I used Citylights is not on the basis of prime or not prime but rather on the basis of price. Average price transacted for new sales at Citylights is $661psf while subsale at $1,047psf, increase of 58%. I think that DR has the potential to achieve similar performance to these two assets.

I do recall saying that 'IF' I have money. First of all, I am not rich and probably that is the reason why Dakota Residence appeals to me. I did not disagree that the price point is a bit steep for non-rich people like myself and I certainty cannot afford to buy a unit there. I am saying I would like to stay there IF I have the money, not in Orchard Road, not in CBD.

Mary Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Sometimes buying a property to stay is not about the District or the price, its is the feel that matters.

I personally like Dakota site a lot due to the environment around it. The area is nice and peaceful with great view towards the South. Three years down the road when the circle line is ready, it will be almost prefect.

If I can afford it , I would definitely buy one. I think the price will appreciate nearer TOP, just like what happened to Citylight.
    I agree with you... absolutely.

FUNNY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by are u stupid?

Strange. Why are you forumers comparing Dakota Crescent to Orchard Road? Let's look at Dakota Residences based on its own merit ie near city, got MRT, quiet surrounding, potential masterplan benefit, OK pricing, HDB amenities (well, at least a plus to me), food centre (char kway teow, I love) etc

Orchard Road also got its merits and negatives...

Darius Guest

I went to the showflat today, now 80% sold for first phase. Good units taken up. The agent told me that the second phase will be up by $50 psf at least with good facing, high floors, going above that. Of cos, marketing talk, let's see how it pans out. Weekday afternoon, still got 5-6 pairs/groups in the showroom. So, looks like it is well received. The facing towards the landed property, river is charming...

Darius Guest

Anyone knows whether there is any buyer financing tie up for this project?

Diff Profile Guest

That is true. But I think Dakota does not attract the "rich" profile. It's 99 LH near MRT and HDB - it probably attracts non-drivers, don't mind property can't be passed on, not much facilities but want private address for "status". Those people who fit this profile usually go for 99LH near MRT surrounded by HDB. Whatever it is, it's still a Singapore dream to carry a private addy in your IC - 99LH HDB-like also nevermind. I think the buyers there are clearly not looking for exclusive environment - more like a private address to show off in an HDB environment. Everyone has their choice.

Darius Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Diff Profile
    That is true. But I think Dakota does not attract the "rich" profile. It's 99 LH near MRT and HDB - it probably attracts non-drivers, don't mind property can't be passed on, not much facilities but want private address for "status". Those people who fit this profile usually go for 99LH near MRT surrounded by HDB. Whatever it is, it's still a Singapore dream to carry a private addy in your IC - 99LH HDB-like also nevermind. I think the buyers there are clearly not looking for exclusive environment - more like a private address to show off in an HDB environment. Everyone has their choice.
    Frankly, I never expect the project to attract the "rich" profile this is afterall a NTUC JV project and so I am surprised by the incessant comparison to "prime" and "rich" areas.... uhm... I do not think it is marketed to target that group.... I think the salepersons know the profile and based on newspaper article, the developer already say it attracts professionals, hdb upgraders.... not landed property or "prime" properties downgraders...

BIG_ONE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    I went to the showflat today, now 80% sold for first phase. Good units taken up. The agent told me that the second phase will be up by $50 psf at least with good facing, high floors, going above that. Of cos, marketing talk, let's see how it pans out. Weekday afternoon, still got 5-6 pairs/groups in the showroom. So, looks like it is well received. The facing towards the landed property, river is charming...
    Wah...... not bad to achieve 80% in a week (?) since launch! Must go and see.......