Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: UOL-UIC tie-up places top bid for Clementi Ave 1 site

Senior

User Info Menu

Default Re: UOL-UIC tie-up places top bid for Clementi Ave 1 site

"This phase is for children whose siblings or parents are alumni, or whose parents are staff of the school, or who are currently in a Ministry of Education kindergarten located in the primary school."

balloting is conducted for > 2km so at this point it doesn't matter whether the applicant stays at this UOL site or Parc Clematis. however, for the remaining 40 places up for grabs in phase 2B and phase 2C every year, balloting has always been conducted for those who stay within 1km which means the residents of this UOL site is automatically out of contention.

Queen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    "This phase is for children whose siblings or parents are alumni, or whose parents are staff of the school, or who are currently in a Ministry of Education kindergarten located in the primary school."

balloting is conducted for > 2km so at this point it doesn't matter whether the applicant stays at this UOL site or Parc Clematis. however, for the remaining 40 places up for grabs in phase 2B and phase 2C every year, balloting has always been conducted for those who stay within 1km which means the residents of this UOL site is automatically out of contention.
    Thanks for your information.

Unlike Mr Kelong who only reads whatever he likes, you have provided the big picture.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

True also for this round.

But may take effect next round or next years.

But the main point is the undeniable popularity status which somehow our Sister denied vehemently.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

He gave a static big picture. I have suggested a more dynamic, enduring big picture.

So where is the evidence that this is not considered a popular primary school? Share leh...

Quote Originally Posted by annetyu View Post
    Thanks for your information.

Unlike Mr Kelong who only reads whatever he likes, you have provided the big picture.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Queen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    He gave a static big picture. I have suggested a more dynamic, enduring big picture.

So where is the evidence that this is not considered a popular primary school? Share leh...
    I only said it is not in the top 20 by showing you the stats from last year, never said it was not popular but it is not that near the top.

You are trying to prove that many parents will buy your parc clementias just because of nan hua primary... you must love the project a lot.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Firstly, please stop twisting your words. Nowhere in your threads did you indicate top 20 out of top 10. Else I must be blind so please point out which post.

Secondly, this list you sent is not even sorted by vacancy proportion as a proxy for how popular a school is. For e.g. Sengkang Green Primary (number 21) has 19.6% vacancy as compared to Nan Hua at 12.5%. The listing is based on the enrolment size and big schools go up higher in the list.

The article went as far as to bold all the schools with less than 20% vacancy which you chose to ignore.

So how else do you intend to twist your words?

If I am wrong, I will apologise for reading blindly.

https://www.salary.sg/2018/best-primary-schools-2018/

Nan Hua not exactly among the most popular primary schools.

Indeed just a sales tactic.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Queen

User Info Menu

Firstly, please stop twisting your words. Nowhere in your threads did you indicate top 20 out of top 10. Else I must be blind so please point out which post.

Secondly, this list you sent is not even sorted by vacancy proportion as a proxy for how popular a school is. For e.g. Sengkang Green Primary (number 21) has 19.6% vacancy as compared to Nan Hua at 12.5%. The listing is based on the enrolment size and big schools go up higher in the list.

The article went as far as to bold all the schools with less than 20% vacancy which you chose to ignore.

So how else do you intend to twist your words?

If I am wrong, I will apologise for reading blindly.
    I may have interpreted that website wrongly but I have never said nan hua was not popular but only not as popular as you are trying to describe... so please point out which post.

You are trying too hard to prove that nan hua is so popular that many parents will purchase parc clementias (and push up the prices just like the seasand argument)... Are you working in Singhaiyi or vested heavily in the area/market?

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Neither.

I just prefer the facts. Plus point acknowledge as plus point. Negative then negative.

As long as based on facts, I am satisfied.

I may have interpreted that website wrongly but I have never said nan hua was not popular but only not as popular as you are trying to describe... so please point out which post.

You are trying too hard to prove that nan hua is so popular that many parents will purchase parc clementias (and push up the prices just like the seasand argument)... Are you working in Singhaiyi or vested heavily in the area/market?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Senior

User Info Menu

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/p1-registration-6-popular-schools-oversubscribed-in-third-phase-children-may

Popular or not popular?

You decide.

But the facts speak for themselves.
    fact: its in the top 6 most popular for phase 2A2.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

To be precise, should be top 7. CHIJ St Nic already oversubscribed at 2A1.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    fact: its in the top 6 most popular for phase 2A2.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast