Thread: Condo leaking pipe (need help)

Default Condo leaking pipe (need help)

I stayed first floor

Mgmt say there is a pipe that come from my unit, in the carpark leaking and it belongs to me. Am i suppose to repair it???

H3lp me please, new owner.

Default Re: Condo leaking pipe (need help)

Quote Originally Posted by TOKARA View Post
    I stayed first floor

Mgmt say there is a pipe that come from my unit, in the carpark leaking and it belongs to me. Am i suppose to repair it???

The pipe allegedly came from your property and it is affecting shared property, so yes you do have a duty to fix it....

You can ask the MC to show you the evidence that it indeed came from your property.

Unless you can call your own contractor and take pictures to build a case to prove that the pipe doesn't come from your property.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiakliaobeekia View Post
    The pipe allegedly came from your property and it is affecting shared property, so yes you do have a duty to fix it....

You can ask the MC to show you the evidence that it indeed came from your property.

Unless you can call your own contractor and take pictures to build a case to prove that the pipe doesn't come from your property.
    Thanks bro for your advice.

My uncle who is a condo mgr also advised me same, on showing him photo of the leaking pipe...he say maybe is a common pipe.

Because now at 10pm, nobody using water ..it is still leaking.

Then morning when there wasnt any leak, i flushed and also run test in my unit...no leak at all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/917833728302212/

Welcome to Management Corporation Strata Title (MCST) Community. I have created MCST Facebook group for those who like to know more about MCST, MA, MC (council member), AMCIS, STB, BMSMA, legal case between MCST and Developer, MCST and Subsidiary proprietors.

Here's a place where resident and owner can hang out and make friends with the others Condominium resident and owner.

To join the group, you must provide your Name, Block No., Unit No. or take a screenshot of your Sales & Purchase document indicating your ownership status or your Access card after TOP and Private message to the Administrators.

The administrators of this group may contact you via Facebook message (Please check your "other" folder in your Facebook message box as the message may be filtered into this junk folder).

We welcome constructive feedback and suggestions. Please refrain from discussions on religions, race or politics. We also dissuade residents from posting nasty or derogatory comments. The administrators reserve the rights to 'eject' any members if the ground rules have been breached.

Thank you and have fun!
    The Best Time to buy Property is Yesterday.
    If you lose Money it because you sell on a wrong Day.

https://wa.me/6587821025

https://r057844h.propnex.net/

You don't Buy others will Buy.
    You don't Sell, others will Sell.

Guys can i check, if the wc pipe is choked outside (in this case carpark), am i still responsible?

I didnt drop anything down the bowl though

I stayed first floor

Get the MCST to show proof that the leaking is indeed from your unit. Not sure if your defect liability period is over? Usually for new homes, there will be a defect liability period for 1 year.

Guys can i check, if the wc pipe is choked outside (in this case carpark), am i still responsible?

I didnt drop anything down the bowl though
    Depends if it's a stack pipe or your dedicated pipe. Ask the MA to provide proof and plumbing plan.

Hope it's been resolved amicably. Worst come to worst raise it during AGM and let the floor decide. Do not let the MC or MA bully you into submission if it is not your fault.

If need be engage a professional engineer but these will come at cost. Best way is get approved plumber to inspect and write a report.

Have the MCST sign and agree on the plumber to use for the assessment and should it found not to be your fault all costs to be borne by them.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢