View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 7 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    With regards to MRT, it is the best line (NE). Firstly, most of the stations are underground, trains are newest and most importantly comparatively less crowded. If yiou have taken MRT to Jurong Point, then you'll know what I mean by crowded and it is the same reason why NE line is losing money, ie. inadequate ridership, which is good for us commuters. NE line conveniently connects direct to key stations such as Douby Gaut, ChinaTown, Harbour Front (connect to Sentosa IR), etc. where the action is. Also got KPE connection soon. Future plans for Punggol seafront housing and activities is also something to look forward to. Hence future for NE is bright with its potential for many brand new things to come..
    Agreed! that time my bf went for a property seminar, it says property near to NE line is the next to grow

Unregistered Guest

Hey HT, I'm interested also but currently on oversea assignment. Can you advise us the average selling price now after you go recce? I remember the last time was around $530 which was 4 months ago. Hope the price did not varies much. Thanks in advance
    $530 is base on which blk?

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Agreed! that time my bf went for a property seminar, it says property near to NE line is the next to grow
    Do you know why it is comparatively value for money? (Based on my research) The reason why TQ is sold much cheaper than others like Koven Melody, Casa Merah, Yew Tee Residence, etc. is that the developer bought the land from SLA at very much lower price than the other condos because it was bought 2 years ago during the lull period of property. If SLA were to delay the sales of this land by 2 years today, then we can never smell the present selling price of this TQ condo. Good brand new condo and no big hole in pocket. The choice is yours...

LA Guest

hey which blk & unit u got? is urs pool view?
    Mine is blk 63 and on the higher level. blk 63 is a corner unit with a secret garden. disadv is the bbq pit below.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    Mine is blk 63 and on the higher level. blk 63 is a corner unit with a secret garden. disadv is the bbq pit below.
    which unit no.? u buy liao?

Unregistered Guest

Smile Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

If you're on high floor should not be too bother with BBQ smell What is your SQF for yr apt? I'm looking at around 1200sqf. How about block 51? Seems nice facing the clubhouse & pool. Anybody here can tell me if that's sold out?

Unregistered Guest

Do you know why it is comparatively value for money? (Based on my research) The reason why TQ is sold much cheaper than others like Koven Melody, Casa Merah, Yew Tee Residence, etc. is that the developer bought the land from SLA at very much lower price than the other condos because it was bought 2 years ago during the lull period of property. If SLA were to delay the sales of this land by 2 years today, then we can never smell the present selling price of this TQ condo. Good brand new condo and no big hole in pocket. The choice is yours...
    You're so correct! The selling price goes in tandem with the land price bought from SLA. This condo has quality finishes & modern looking with 80% glass facade. Moreover Guocoland build quality condos. Just take a look at their Paterson project which has almost the same design as TQ.

Unregistered Guest

Less crowded means less frequency?
    Do you think this is good?

Unregistered Guest

Less crowded means less frequency?
    Do you think this is good?
    Not same person who wrote the above..

anyway, don't think will be less frequency, cos harbour front, chinatown and DG station is crowded.

Unregistered Guest

Thought Kovan's Land was bought earlier than us?

Unregistered Guest

Which unit & floor? when did you purchase it?

Unregistered Guest

Cool Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Thought Kovan's Land was bought earlier than us?
    Yes KM land was bought slightly earlier (probably 2003/4) but developer paid higher at $267 PSF. As for TQ, it was only $243 PSF (bought in 2005). Casa Merah land was bought at $318 PSF. Anyway, all the developers are taking advantage of the market situation by "uping" their profit by increasing their original selling price (which itself has already factor in profit) and kiasu buyers jump onto the bandwagon for fear of losing out. Hope there's no bubble esp when prices are going up and salaries are not going up as much.

Unregistered Guest

Yes KM land was bought slightly earlier (probably 2003/4) but developer paid higher at $267 PSF. As for TQ, it was only $243 PSF (bought in 2005). Casa Merah land was bought at $318 PSF. Anyway, all the developers are taking advantage of the market situation by "uping" their profit by increasing their original selling price (which itself has already factor in profit) and kiasu buyers jump onto the bandwagon for fear of losing out. Hope there's no bubble esp when prices are going up and salaries are not going up as much.
    Seems like you have done some reseach cool!

Unregistered Guest

Just heard the news that university new south wales has decided to close its singapore campus just three months afer it open. The funny thing is they are supposed to have big plan for the next 20yrs including a brand new campus is being built at changi. That goes to tell you things can turn around rather quickly in singapore. I doubt it will ever happen in other country for this sort of things.

No Need UNSW Asia Guest

Just heard the news that university new south wales has decided to close its singapore campus just three months afer it open. The funny thing is they are supposed to have big plan for the next 20yrs including a brand new campus is being built at changi. That goes to tell you things can turn around rather quickly in singapore. I doubt it will ever happen in other country for this sort of things.

We don't need UNSW here.
    If you like UNSW, just go Australia.
    Otherwise, go into NUS, NTU, SMU, etc..
    Of course, you US and UK too.

Hey HT, I'm interested also but currently on oversea assignment. Can you advise us the average selling price now after you go recce? I remember the last time was around $530 which was 4 months ago. Hope the price did not varies much. Thanks in advance
    no problem, will drop by this weekend. And give an update to the keen folks here.

LA Guest

Which unit & floor? when did you purchase it?
    i bought higher floor unit 26.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No Need UNSW Asia
    We don't need UNSW here.
    If you like UNSW, just go Australia.
    Otherwise, go into NUS, NTU, SMU, etc..
    Of course, you US and UK too.
    I think you miss the point
    Recent "boom" in property sector has a lot to do with the aggressive push for SInagpore to become "education hub", "health care hub", "tourist hub" "banking hub"
    UNSW is part of that drive to Singapore "an education hub"
    If UNSW can fizzle out so rapidly because over optimistism, other hub-like initiatives could also run into problem. I guess nobody can gurantee all the investment in IRs would come out alright. The maket is clearly running ahead of itself and predicting all the initiative will be successful and the demand for properties can only go up for the next 10yrs.

Unregistered Guest

i bought higher floor unit 26.
    what is the floor area? high floor is between 10-16?

LA Guest

what is the floor area? high floor is between 10-16?
    Floor area 99sqm(1066sqft). Mine is above 12th floor. Paid $546psf. Actually cld have gotten a bigger unit at a lower floor with this price. But me n my husband prefer to stay in a smaller unit. It v much depends on personal preference. Initially hesitate buy TQ since its 99LH. But so long as its for own stay, its no issue to us. Furthermore its near MRT, with limited lands in Singapore, v difficult to find a home next to MRT.
    For those who wants to find out more about the pricing, advisable to go down to the showflat n ask for actual pricing.

Unregistered Guest

Floor area 99sqm(1066sqft). Mine is above 12th floor. Paid $546psf. Actually cld have gotten a bigger unit at a lower floor with this price. But me n my husband prefer to stay in a smaller unit. It v much depends on personal preference. Initially hesitate buy TQ since its 99LH. But so long as its for own stay, its no issue to us. Furthermore its near MRT, with limited lands in Singapore, v difficult to find a home next to MRT.
    For those who wants to find out more about the pricing, advisable to go down to the showflat n ask for actual pricing.
    Yup, agree....will go down to SF to see how's the building progress

Unregistered Guest

I went to the showflat yesterday, heard from agent that for 3bedrooms, in future will go up easily to $600K. Of the total units, about 50% sold...ha, I doubt the figure though...Some units still not launched..

I went to the showflat yesterday, heard from agent that for 3bedrooms, in future will go up easily to $600K. Of the total units, about 50% sold...ha, I doubt the figure though...Some units still not launched..
    So what is the selling price of the 3BR now? less than $600K?

Didn't have the time to make the trip down last weekend.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    So what is the selling price of the 3BR now? less than $600K?

Didn't have the time to make the trip down last weekend.
    Think total increase abt 8% from first launched.

Think total increase abt 8% from first launched.
    Sorry, what was the first launched price?

if the current price is still less than 600K for a 3BR, will consider getting one. Will see if I can squeeze in some time to go down tomorrow after work, they close at 6 right??

Unregistered Guest

if the current price is still less than 600K for a 3BR, will consider getting one. Will see if I can squeeze in some time to go down tomorrow after work, they close at 6 right??

That really depend on the floor area, level, facing etc. that contribute to the price. Yes, you can get below 600K if you book last 2 months ago. Not sure now.

Unregistered Guest

Hi HT, I'm sure you can get below $600K for a 3bedroom. But the area is only about 99sqm, that comes up to 1066sqft. For larger 3 bedroom, price is near to $600K. I feel that no need to get the larger 3 bedroom, cos the space is extra area is in the kitchen (with a rear and a toilet) & more spacious living room. The 3rd bedroom is slightly bigger though.

Unregistered Guest

HT, I don't know about now. But last year Sept price for a 3 bedroom (111sqf to 113sqf) hovers between 575K to 595K on mid floor facing tennis courts.

I got mine at 111sqf @ 608K mid floor facing pool. So, it'll be good for you to compare against current price. Good luck!

Unregistered Guest

HT, I don't know about now. But last year Sept price for a 3 bedroom (111sqf to 113sqf) hovers between 575K to 595K on mid floor facing tennis courts.

I got mine at 111sqf @ 608K mid floor facing pool. So, it'll be good for you to compare against current price. Good luck!
    Sorry....should be SQM instead of SQF....my apologies!

Thanks guys,

Went down just now at 1830H.
    The showroom is officially closed since yesterday. I managed to meet one of the agents as she was leaving. Got a brochure from her, and was told that they have stopped receiving bookings !!! There were even 2 cheques that were rejected yesterday.

I think developer may be closing the showflat for a re-launch sometime later.

I have told her to let me know once booking is open again. Not sure, by how much would they raise the price though....if too much, I may pass...