View Poll Results: Are you selling your humble HDB unit when TQ TOP?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - Not enough CPF Minimum Sum...sigh.

0 0%
  • YES - Need to get higher loan for Condo. Not worth it.

4 40.00%
  • NO - I can get good rental yield. Shiok man.

6 60.00%
  • NO - Other reason.

0 0%
Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823283338 ... LastLast

Thread: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Default Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    HT, I don't know about now. But last year Sept price for a 3 bedroom (111sqf to 113sqf) hovers between 575K to 595K on mid floor facing tennis courts.

I got mine at 111sqf @ 608K mid floor facing pool. So, it'll be good for you to compare against current price. Good luck!
    I think you got yourself a great deal, the agent said that the bigger 3 bedders were going for about 680K before they closed the showflat.

Unregistered Guest

ht, since you don't mind living in the suburbs, maybe you can try Upper Bukit Timah, especially around the Hume area. That area may not have MRT, but it is value for money right now.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ht
    Thanks guys,

Went down just now at 1830H.
    The showroom is officially closed since yesterday. I managed to meet one of the agents as she was leaving. Got a brochure from her, and was told that they have stopped receiving bookings !!! There were even 2 cheques that were rejected yesterday.

I think developer may be closing the showflat for a re-launch sometime later.

I have told her to let me know once booking is open again. Not sure, by how much would they raise the price though....if too much, I may pass...
    Hi HT, did u manage to ask her how's the take up rate? How many units launched & sold todate?

Unregistered Guest

The lady agent is CBRE or ERA?
    What sqft you looking for in TQ?

Hi HT, did u manage to ask her how's the take up rate? How many units launched & sold todate?
    No, she was chasing me out of the showroom, as I was trying to take a peek inside, and she was also leaving hurriedly as somebody was waiting for her outside.

The lady agent is CBRE or ERA?
    What sqft you looking for in TQ?
    CBRE, does it matter?

I am looking at 3BR, dun mind the 100 sqm one too. Will also look at the other bigger units, have not decided on anything, as today was the 1st time I went down and got hold of the brochure.

ht, since you don't mind living in the suburbs, maybe you can try Upper Bukit Timah, especially around the Hume area. That area may not have MRT, but it is value for money right now.
    Yes, I also seen afew units in the area, haven's found any favourable one, and sellers are also beginning to raise their prices. Any recommendations??

LA Guest

Yes, I also seen afew units in the area, haven's found any favourable one, and sellers are also beginning to raise their prices. Any recommendations??
    HT, so sad. Are u looking for west side only? cos i went down to ferreria park at loyang (east) and it is a FH. Price is reasonable n near to expressway. perhaps u may go down n take a look.
    But just wondering how come the developer from TQ stop selling unit now??

Unregistered Guest

I have seen many too...in terms of pricing, I feel that TQ offers the best deal, given it is near MRT. If you don't mind 2nd hand condo, it will be cheaper with a bigger area.
    Btw, you can go to Guoccoland website to view online showflat

I have seen many too...in terms of pricing, I feel that TQ offers the best deal, given it is near MRT. If you don't mind 2nd hand condo, it will be cheaper with a bigger area.
    Btw, you can go to Guoccoland website to view online showflat
    Yes, I have been to the website, infact, I have sent Guoco an email to check when are they opening up TQ for booking again.

BTW, anybody know of any good pri sch within good range?

Unregistered Guest

Yes, I have been to the website, infact, I have sent Guoco an email to check when are they opening up TQ for booking again.

BTW, anybody know of any good pri sch within good range?
    The Nan Chiu primary & secondary school is located at Anchorvale Dr. That is a SAP school.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LA
    HT, so sad. Are u looking for west side only? cos i went down to ferreria park at loyang (east) and it is a FH. Price is reasonable n near to expressway. perhaps u may go down n take a look.
    But just wondering how come the developer from TQ stop selling unit now??
    I almost got Ferreria Park! My bf signed the cheque, but the pen given by the agent, ink was not good. Got to re-sign..at that 30secs when the agent went to get another pen, I changed my mind..thinking no storeroom and not near to MRT, and we don't have a car..not convenient for me. But the furnishes, area with all pte housing and FH and the price, was attractive!

I almost got Ferreria Park! My bf signed the cheque, but the pen given by the agent, ink was not good. Got to re-sign..at that 30secs when the agent went to get another pen, I changed my mind..thinking no storeroom and not near to MRT, and we don't have a car..not convenient for me. But the furnishes, area with all pte housing and FH and the price, was attractive!
    very funny !!

The location is a BIG issue for me too.
    I would love to stay there IF I am retiring, when I can afford to plan my schedule around the shuttle service !!

Unregistered Guest

My brother stays at Dahlia Park now which is in front of Ferreria Park. That place is so inconvient. Getting a loaf of bread must go to the nearest pasir ris mama shop, by car! Moreover the price there have not gone up compare to the others as there are too many condos in that area.

Unregistered Guest

My brother stays at Dahlia Park now which is in front of Ferreria Park. That place is so inconvient. Getting a loaf of bread must go to the nearest pasir ris mama shop, by car! Moreover the price there have not gone up compare to the others as there are too many condos in that area.
    I did a research on the purchase price for FH at that area. It seems that price don't go up, but went down instead.
    yup, its really inconvenient without car..

Unregistered Guest

very funny !!

The location is a BIG issue for me too.
    I would love to stay there IF I am retiring, when I can afford to plan my schedule around the shuttle service !!
    Think the agent must be heart ache...
    well guess its all fated..
    I got to know TQ when travelling NE line...the handle on the train got this adv..at first feel that it will be ex, as its near MRT.
    But still decide to go and take a look..can look at ID too.
    My agent told us, next day will close sale..I think we decide the unit on the spot...
    My biggest investment in life!

Think the agent must be heart ache...
    well guess its all fated..
    I got to know TQ when travelling NE line...the handle on the train got this adv..at first feel that it will be ex, as its near MRT.
    But still decide to go and take a look..can look at ID too.
    My agent told us, next day will close sale..I think we decide the unit on the spot...
    My biggest investment in life!
    does your agent know when they going open for the sale again?

actually, even without the seeing the showflat I may consider getting a unit directly if the price is right, i.e., not raised subtantially from when it was closed.
    Guoco had not gotten back if I can buy direct from them.

Unregistered Guest

actually, even without the seeing the showflat I may consider getting a unit directly if the price is right, i.e., not raised subtantially from when it was closed.
    I don't think u can get direct from Guocoland. The appointed agent is ERA or CBRE.

Unregistered Guest

Wink Re: The Quartz @ Buangkok (99LH By Guocoland)

Why bother to live in a place where you can own for more than a thousand years but have to suffer the inconvenience of even having to drive for a loaf of bread. I rather enjoy my "present lifetime" of 365 daily convenience for every single member of the household of eg. MRT, amenities, KPE, etc. Based on latest property bullrun its no brainer that location is much more important than the life of the land. If location is right, leasehold property is also in demand (just top-up lease as appropriate). The MRT is definitely a value-add. The value-add is not only on the capital (construction) of the BK MRT station ($60 to $80 million) but also the cost of operation (which will be much more than the MRT station) which brought the daily convenience to its users. (NBahlia/Ferreria Park no matter how much they pay can never get the government to construct and operate an MRT station within 3 minutes walk to their condo). TQ has the practical MRT advantage making it a good buy inspite of its 99 years status and most probably I would not live beyond half of it to worry about its remaining life. Live for today.....

Unregistered Guest

Why bother to live in a place where you can own for more than a thousand years but have to suffer the inconvenience of even having to drive for a loaf of bread. I rather enjoy my "present lifetime" of 365 daily convenience for every single member of the household of eg. MRT, amenities, KPE, etc. Based on latest property bullrun its no brainer that location is much more important than the life of the land. If location is right, leasehold property is also in demand (just top-up lease as appropriate). The MRT is definitely a value-add. The value-add is not only on the capital (construction) of the BK MRT station ($60 to $80 million) but also the cost of operation (which will be much more than the MRT station) which brought the daily convenience to its users. (NBahlia/Ferreria Park no matter how much they pay can never get the government to construct and operate an MRT station within 3 minutes walk to their condo). TQ has the practical MRT advantage making it a good buy inspite of its 99 years status and most probably I would not live beyond half of it to worry about its remaining life. Live for today.....

Very true, Well said!

I don't think u can get direct from Guocoland. The appointed agent is ERA or CBRE.
    well at least would like to hear when will buyers be able to start booking again, I am sure readers of this thread will also be keen to hear about it, if they are interested.

Unregistered Guest

If my agent inform my bf, will let u know..
    He say will sms my bf when price increase..so guess that's the time when showflat opens?

If my agent inform my bf, will let u know..
    He say will sms my bf when price increase..so guess that's the time when showflat opens?
    Thanks !!

martin wee Guest

Kinda of impulsive. Bought an 18th floor unit facing the tennis courts/BBQ pits, children play ground and the other gym last Sunday at $697,500 just before closing for phase 2 bookings.

Setback is North West facing and afteroon sun angled inevitable..same size with the current show flat but less the planter and thus slightly bigger in terms of useable space.

Kids are growing up and property prices as well. will not be affordable for them in 10 to 15 yeqars time when they start a family. leasing out upon TOP or perhaps shift in and rent out current 1 i am staying. free hold tho but not a full condo facility..henceforth, will not be able to fetch good rental though bigger in size and with ammenities nearby. Sadly committed in 1997 at $720 psf.

martin wee Guest

Boys, you can try Monfort Junior or Holy Innocent. The later is a mixed school.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by martin wee
    Kinda of impulsive. Bought an 18th floor unit facing the tennis courts/BBQ pits, children play ground and the other gym last Sunday at $697,500 just before closing for phase 2 bookings.

Setback is North West facing and afteroon sun angled inevitable..same size with the current show flat but less the planter and thus slightly bigger in terms of useable space.

Kids are growing up and property prices as well. will not be affordable for them in 10 to 15 yeqars time when they start a family. leasing out upon TOP or perhaps shift in and rent out current 1 i am staying. free hold tho but not a full condo facility..henceforth, will not be able to fetch good rental though bigger in size and with ammenities nearby. Sadly committed in 1997 at $720 psf.
    hehe..I know u bought BLK57..though afternoon sun on the wall, but at least unblock..

some might have read from the Infiniti thread that I have bought a unit there.

nevertheless, I am still keeping a keen watch on the quartz when it re-opens for booking.

it's fun and "rewarding" experience sharing with like-minded pple in this forum.

martin wee Guest

yup..blk 57..came in late as i was scouting around..by the time i came to know about the Quartz..only left with a handful..pool facing only left with 3rd floor for blk 57 i think stack 11 and a couple in stack 12..didn't really like 12 as it's too close to the next block..hence, gone on to stack 13 tho afternoon sun..good think unblock and can't have high rise due to underground mrt..not exactly sure what would be in place as i can't find anything in the net for future development for tht piece of vacant land..if park..will enhance leasing potential...

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by martin wee
    yup..blk 57..came in late as i was scouting around..by the time i came to know about the Quartz..only left with a handful..pool facing only left with 3rd floor for blk 57 i think stack 11 and a couple in stack 12..didn't really like 12 as it's too close to the next block..hence, gone on to stack 13 tho afternoon sun..good think unblock and can't have high rise due to underground mrt..not exactly sure what would be in place as i can't find anything in the net for future development for tht piece of vacant land..if park..will enhance leasing potential...
    I tried to find anything for that piece of vacant land but nothing too...but don't think will be anymore HDB

martin wee Guest

ah...best..shopping mall will be great..