Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621 ... LastLast

Thread: Livia (D18, 99 years Leasehold, CDL)

talk so much for what Guest

if you like, buy

dun like, dun buy

Unregistered9 Guest

so true...i bought liao

Unregistered9 Guest

Smile

Today official launch...2 full pages in ST...wonder what's the repsonse like...my potential new neighbours

Unregistered6 Guest

Default Official launch prices

so how? any price increase? maybe I start to regret liao

Default New Pasir Ris Condo @ Along Pasir Ris Drive 1 (+65-92993342)

Indeed, prices has increased by about 4~5% for new release today. However, good news is that the price for the 1st 2 release remains. But units seems to be moving fast! In fact, the cost savings is passed to the buyer for the following:

1) This piece of land was purchased before the property boom.
    2) Developer need not pay high prices to buy the land as in En-bloc case.
    3) No demolishing of buildings needs to be done.
    4) Date of TOP is shorter as all these above processes are cut down.

We do not know if the market will be, but if market turns good (which can be quite fast), then it wil be another heart pain for the buyers who have missed out on the initial launch price. Then they will start buying sub-sale at a much higher price & might not get to enjoy the Interest Absorption Scheme offered by the developer. Be positive. Thanks.

weetiong Guest

Wonder what's the take up rate after today's official launch... Was there and definitely quite a local crowd i see...

Unregistered7 Guest

what's the price for the larger units? 3+S and 4 bedrooms please?

Unregistered7 Guest

what's the price for the larger units? 3+S and 4 bedrooms please?

Siao Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Cheap
    any unit going at below $600 psf?
    Yes, in your dreams! Come on....check the property market before posting here. Where got this price now!

michaeltantc Guest

Default 3+1, 4 br $ range

3-bedroom-plus-study from mid $800k.
    4-bedroom from high $900k.

BabyFei Guest

Question 2+1 bedroom

Any more left?

Unregistered5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltantc
    Hign 900K means 909K or 999K?

Unregistered321 Guest

I am really quite surprised a 99 years LH development, in this location at this price is selling well.....maybe it's because it's a CDL.

comparing the psf, location and proximity to MRT station and to town, I'll take The Quartz anytime......

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered321
    I am really quite surprised a 99 years LH development, in this location at this price is selling well.....maybe it's because it's a CDL.

comparing the psf, location and proximity to MRT station and to town, I'll take The Quartz anytime......
    CDL Condos are not known for their quality....maybe only St Regis.

the surveyor Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    CDL Condos are not known for their quality....maybe only St Regis.
    the other CDL project I can compare Livia to is Botania at west coast. I feel botania's material feels is still better than Livia even though both are CDL. On the whole, I feel CDL has respectable build quality. The other one I feel is good is a smaller player.....Sim Lian....was quite impressed with Clover and Carabelle....

Quote Originally Posted by the surveyor
    the other CDL project I can compare Livia to is Botania at west coast. I feel botania's material feels is still better than Livia even though both are CDL. On the whole, I feel CDL has respectable build quality. The other one I feel is good is a smaller player.....Sim Lian....was quite impressed with Clover and Carabelle....
    Sim Lian is not bad.

the surveyor Guest

Sim Lian is not bad.
    being smaller, they probably has to ensure their build quality is good to compete with the bigger boys. CDL on the other hand is more established. Like one of my friend mentioned, they dun have to pay too much attention to their marketing materials because ppl already know their quality. I have to disagree.

Been to a few showrooms lately. The marketing material quality is in the order: Kovan Residence, Clover, TQ and Livia. While I think Kovan's brochure is a little of an overkill, Livia's, on the other hand, should have more respect for it's potential buyers. I didn't stay very long at Livia showroom.....Clover on the other hand, is a good balance....

Haha Guest

Sim Lian is not bad.

They con the people $$$.... too much baywindow... planterbox... which they dun have to pay govt..yet charge the buyers.

Buyers beware!!!!

AgentNg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by weetiong
    Wonder what's the take up rate after today's official launch... Was there and definitely quite a local crowd i see...
    sold 30 units on Sat. Today dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltantc
    imho i think spending the same amount on a FH condo in west coast area will be a better investment.. but well well.. everyone has their own opinions.

AgentKhoo Guest

Geylang! Hee Hee! Dakota! Hee Hee! No tennis court! 99yr! Got MRT! Near City! Hee! Hee! Buy!

Quote Originally Posted by the surveyor
    being smaller, they probably has to ensure their build quality is good to compete with the bigger boys. CDL on the other hand is more established. Like one of my friend mentioned, they dun have to pay too much attention to their marketing materials because ppl already know their quality. I have to disagree.

Been to a few showrooms lately. The marketing material quality is in the order: Kovan Residence, Clover, TQ and Livia. While I think Kovan's brochure is a little of an overkill, Livia's, on the other hand, should have more respect for it's potential buyers. I didn't stay very long at Livia showroom.....Clover on the other hand, is a good balance....
    Been to both Kovan Residences and Livia showflats...very much agree with what u say.
    you looking for a unit for staying or for investment?
    if you looking for investment and rental yield, u can try riveredge.
    Many people are trying to get rid of their units there since its very near TOP.
    Prices are falling rapidly.
    u can get it at $800+psf in which some people bought for more than $1000psf back last year.

Unregistered5 Guest

please don't hijack this thread. We're talking about livia here.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered5
    my apologizes.

Unregistered5 Guest

Unregistered6 Guest

anyone went to the showflats last weekend? wonder if the price has gone up...

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered6
    anyone went to the showflats last weekend? wonder if the price has gone up...
    Look at post #12 here:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=2834

Unregistered2 Guest

Hey Bravo,

You know, I absolutely agree with you. I have friends working as approving officers in HDB and banks and I was told many Singaporeans can barely afford to stay in exec flats and condos. Buying such properties for them is really living on the edge. If anything unexpected turns up, things get very ugly.

The interest payment of half a million when you service the loan is scary, but very real indeed! Imagine what you can do with that sum. To some people, it is worth paying for the luxury. This is a lifestyle decision and I have nothing against it. However, one should know that 99 year LH projects becomes more of a liability the longer you stay in them. They just do not retain value very well in the long run, whether you like it or not.

I feel it is not that one cannot stay in a 99 yr LH or is bound to make a loss staying in a 99 yr LH. You just have to be a little more mindful of the market and consider selling it off when market is good....

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo
    It's been mentioned by others before, but I thought I'd revisit the wisdom (or lack thereof?) of committing your whole life savings to purchasing a 99-yr private property (of which for the majority) at current prices.

Now, if you need a home to stay in, and you can still save cash despite servicing a private property mortgage, you're fine.

But, lots of Singporeans are simply paying for the condo lifestyle without sufficient cash savings, and relying on the assumption that they can downgrade or sell the investment property when they retire and live off the capital gains.

If you buy a 99y property from the developer, by the time you retire and pay off the mortgage, the condo will have 75yrs left. If you bought the unit 2nd hand, then the lease would even less.... 60yrs for example.
    Not only is the lease shorter, its also much more run down, and the architectural style will also be outdated, severely weakening its desirability and corresponding price.

99yr condos are PERISHABLE PRODUCTS.
    You got to get rid of them FAST. Time works against you.
    What would the market value be then? Are you so sure you can make capital gains? Can it cover the $500,000 (or more) in interest that you would have paid? It might even be a loss.

Can you count on government topping up leases in future? Not necessarily.
    Enbloc? With new condos already maxing out plot-ratios, will it still be profitable for future developer to enbloc? You might be stuck with a worthless property and no retirement plan.

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smarian
    The Price war has begun

Waterfront Waves new release from $694 psf Straits Times July 5th

Check URA transaction Average more than $800 psf, Apr 08 $909 psf

Waterfront Waves owners will not be pleased.....
    Wah lau! Non-water-facing units of course from $694 psf lah. During this release the water-facing units are still selling at above-$800psf what. Nothing has changed lah. Why should these owners not be pleased?

Unregistered123 Guest

Default 55 years lease Semi-D only $800K

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo
    It's been mentioned by others before, but I thought I'd revisit the wisdom (or lack thereof?) of committing your whole life savings to purchasing a 99-yr private property (of which for the majority) at current prices.

Now, if you need a home to stay in, and you can still save cash despite servicing a private property mortgage, you're fine.

But, lots of Singporeans are simply paying for the condo lifestyle without sufficient cash savings, and relying on the assumption that they can downgrade or sell the investment property when they retire and live off the capital gains.

If you buy a 99y property from the developer, by the time you retire and pay off the mortgage, the condo will have 75yrs left. If you bought the unit 2nd hand, then the lease would even less.... 60yrs for example.
    Not only is the lease shorter, its also much more run down, and the architectural style will also be outdated, severely weakening its desirability and corresponding price.

99yr condos are PERISHABLE PRODUCTS.
    You got to get rid of them FAST. Time works against you.
    What would the market value be then? Are you so sure you can make capital gains? Can it cover the $500,000 (or more) in interest that you would have paid? It might even be a loss.

Can you count on government topping up leases in future? Not necessarily.
    Enbloc? With new condos already maxing out plot-ratios, will it still be profitable for future developer to enbloc? You might be stuck with a worthless property and no retirement plan.
    Totally agree! There is an adv this saturday, a semi-D at simei is selling at $800K only, as it left only 55 years lease! Spoken to that agent, it's surely no renewable/extendable... checked the CPF website, not allowed to use CPF to pay the installment fully! that likes a $800K rental for 55 years, it's no way to gain back the capital when you are old, want to retire, want to down grade, as nobody can purchase it!
    Will it apply the same logic for 99 LH cond?