Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by pweesng
    IMHO 1033 sqft is not small... it is really all the space a couple would need and be comfortable...

A little creativity will make 1033 sqft nice and comfy...

I used to stay in a 4000 sqft house with my wife, and we suffer in terms of cleaning... we find 3/4 of the space unused and just collecting dust...

after that, i know, all the space i need is between 900 sqft and 1200 sqft... anything more, is really a waste, and anything less... wow.. need to be very creative in space usage.

Good choice on R@E. I just wish i bought earlier too..
    Yes you are absolutely right. young couple, and even retirees.
    but some locals may not like this project as they feel uncomfortable with foreigners around. For me I'm used to such environment.

Over the weekend, my Interior designer mentioned of high ceiling advantage and creativity use of walls. He's also making use of the glass panes and abundant sunlight shinning through. In master bedroom, he's making use of the platform for the bed. still brainstorming.

Earlier comments of small master bedroom in R@E no longer hold true comparatively against the new mickey mouse projects which are even smaller in size. For those who wants larger master bedroom comparatively to hunt for 20-30 yr old project which has unit 1200 sq ft in size but equate to a 1500sqft nowadays

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Not so exaggerating lah. Don't need to find 20-30 years old condo to get large space. Any condo launched before 2003 are usually much more space-efficient and with no creative accounting of stated "SQ FT" in size (using planters, bay windows etc) as compared to those launched after.

How can you compare the Master bedroom size of a 1033 sqft unit to that of a 500 sqft unit when you pay for 1033 sqft while others pay for 500 sqft?

To me, it is very simple: If I pay 1033 sqft, I expect the Master bedroom to be of a size proportional to the 1033 sqft. I have seen many many condos in CCR region of about 1100 sqft and their Master bedroom can fit a KING size bedroom and still with a lot of extra space around for a computer table, ward-robe etc. Typically, to be comfortable, a 2BRs or 3BRs Master bedroom should have at least 10 sqm of usable rectangular area (exclude bay windows, built-in ward-robes, & walk-in alley (if any)). In such case, there is no need to specially custom-made a bed to sit on the bay window just so that there is enough walking space around in the bedroom. Having to do so is pathetic and I don't understand why property buyers want to accept such crap from developers.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    Yes you are absolutely right. young couple, and even retirees.
    but some locals may not like this project as they feel uncomfortable with foreigners around. For me I'm used to such environment.

Over the weekend, my Interior designer mentioned of high ceiling advantage and creativity use of walls. He's also making use of the glass panes and abundant sunlight shinning through. In master bedroom, he's making use of the platform for the bed. still brainstorming.

Earlier comments of small master bedroom in R@E no longer hold true comparatively against the new mickey mouse projects which are even smaller in size. For those who wants larger master bedroom comparatively to hunt for 20-30 yr old project which has unit 1200 sq ft in size but equate to a 1500sqft nowadays

Another point is the master bathroom which is very comfortable. That will sacrifice the bedroom space.

the con about this project to some, is the open concept bathroom. my home minister had the glasses covered up/with the shower curtain.

But some prefer it to remain open - spice up relationship. This was the biggest challenge for me to convince home minister to buy into this project.

I hope forums here is to value add in a factual and sensible manner based on what you see. Wants versus needs.

It is a no-brainer for those to raise 1001 issues in a project. Even a 100-yr old grand pa can do better but at a slower pace. probably an agenda to downplay the project and buy into it.

I bought late into this project. the price i paid would be better if not because of my initial RESISTANCE of the project and seeing only negative comments in this forum. the last agent enlightened me. Seen one unit since last yr but only bought into it a year later. sigh....

if we wish for a project that meets our specs/requirements 100%, then it is best to build our own.

even a person has shortcomings but we see the acceptance level to decide.

I bought late into this project. the price i paid would be better if not because of my initial RESISTANCE of the project and seeing only negative comments in this forum. the last agent enlightened me. Seen one unit since last yr but only bought into it a year later. sigh....
    Good on you. Rents also pretty good according to the recent caveats.

If you have bot under $1650psf I feel it still a relatively good deal. I looked at a #14 unit two years back and it was already asking $14xx at that time.

If I had to choose around this area, I would go for this project versus Trilight or Lviv or N1 with the exception of Setia.

I have provided all the facts and dislikes about this project and hence I have zero interest in it. It is a crap project in terms of interior where a buyer pays 1033 sqft of space but only gets about like 800 sqft of usable space. The exterior also have short-comings. Facts are facts. Preferences or likes & dislikes are another story. It is up to the individual to decide for themselves and not to blame others for their follies whether they have bought or not bought.

For those who have bought, they can just ignore the facts regarding what I have raised here or they can provide facts to prove me wrong. To start pointing fingers that others have hidden agenda etc goes to shows what kind of person whoever that is.

For those who have not bought, I believe your eyes and brains are sharp enough to interpret for yourselves. To buy or not is a personal choice. I didn't tell you to buy or not to buy. I just laid out the facts & my preferences.

Another point is the master bathroom which is very comfortable. That will sacrifice the bedroom space.

the con about this project to some, is the open concept bathroom. my home minister had the glasses covered up/with the shower curtain.

But some prefer it to remain open - spice up relationship. This was the biggest challenge for me to convince home minister to buy into this project.

I hope forums here is to value add in a factual and sensible manner based on what you see. Wants versus needs.

It is a no-brainer for those to raise 1001 issues in a project. Even a 100-yr old grand pa can do better but at a slower pace. probably an agenda to downplay the project and buy into it.

15 Evelyn Road #10-04
    Freehold
    $1550
    $1768k
    08 Sep 09

15 Evelyn Road #14-04
    Freehold
    $1402
    $1600k
    08 Dec 09

A bargain?

Like what I said, may be people are starting to wake up to the facts about this estate? Stack 04 will be blocked by Trilight that is coming up, and who knows, there may be free 'arrows' coming directly in front. Anybody particular about feng shui probably would probably want to sell at any price?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    15 Evelyn Road #10-04
    Freehold
    $1550
    $1768k
    08 Sep 09

15 Evelyn Road #14-04
    Freehold
    $1402
    $1600k
    08 Dec 09

A bargain?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Like what I said, may be people are starting to wake up to the facts about this estate? Stack 04 will be blocked by Trilight that is coming up, and who knows, there may be free 'arrows' coming directly in front. Anybody particular about feng shui probably would probably want to sell at any price?
    Stack 4 is not facing Trilight. Previous threads mentioned that Stack 4 was one of the first to be sold out during the launch. It faces the landed houses and unblocked, and arguably has the best facing in terms of unblocked views.

Ops, I made a mistake. Wah, that is even worse. Res@Evelyn so bad mah unless best stack selling at such price?

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Stack 4 is not facing Trilight. Previous threads mentioned that Stack 4 was one of the first to be sold out during the launch. It faces the landed houses and unblocked, and arguably has the best facing in terms of unblocked views.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    15 Evelyn Road #10-04
    Freehold
    $1550
    $1768k
    08 Sep 09

15 Evelyn Road #14-04
    Freehold
    $1402
    $1600k
    08 Dec 09

A bargain?
    #14-04, only got 2 4s, you want meh?

I thought you will only buy #14-44 (3 4s) or #44-44 (4 4s)?

For you, the more 4, the better. Cheap cheap mah!

Luckily I ain't you!

Ops, I made a mistake. Wah, that is even worse. Res@Evelyn so bad mah unless best stack selling at such price?
    I think those low and mid units that directly face Trilight are probably going at around 13++ pfs

Transactions in Nov for one of the 2 room stacks that face trilight.

#13-05 $1443pfs
    #10-05 $1308pfs

I wish you well for your unit and this is what you respond. Too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    #14-04, only got 2 4s, you want meh?

I thought you will only buy #14-44 (3 4s) or #44-44 (4 4s)?

For you, the more 4, the better. Cheap cheap mah!

Luckily I ain't you!

wht's the level the one sold for > $1700psf

wht's the level the one sold for > $1700psf
    #30-04
    Think he overpaid since 14-04 only $1400psf
    Did you buy the above?

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    #30-04
    Think he overpaid since 14-04 only $1400psf
    Did you buy the above?
    demand versus supply
    nobody knows the future price. most impt for condos = maintenance
    if ppl paying for >$1200psf for condos outside D9, 10,11 what's the logic?
    check out other countries. some just cant accept the facts or choose to ignore so that they can come back....they missed the boat or ship. anyway property mkt is cyclical. wait for the next cycle 5-10 yrs

renewed interest in forum after dead silence in Oct.....why vultures or crocs out there? lmao. but good to know that the forum has those few contributors

hk puzzled me with all those condos built next to each other within few meters but the prices are ridiculous. why?

i was asking one friend if the locals are the ones who own the prime district condos in HK and willing to pay the price. My friend mentioned that the super rich are the ones who became even richer. those locals who stayed and watched on sideline and commented negatively, suffered and lost their life savings. they thought negative comments will provide them with opportunities but they were dead wrong as the market collapsed even beyond their purchase prices. i used to be one. but realised that singapore will run out of space with increasing PRs and new citizens

With govts all over the world ever ready to print money, better to hold physical hard assets than hold the paper money.

hk puzzled me with all those condos built next to each other within few meters but the prices are ridiculous. why?

i was asking one friend if the locals are the ones who own the prime district condos in HK and willing to pay the price. My friend mentioned that the super rich are the ones who became even richer. those locals who stayed and watched on sideline and commented negatively, suffered and lost their life savings. they thought negative comments will provide them with opportunities but they were dead wrong as the market collapsed even beyond their purchase prices. i used to be one. but realised that singapore will run out of space with increasing PRs and new citizens

yes, one unit at Kowloon, harbour front, 50+ storey, was just done at HK$22,000 or S$6,000,000 for a 1300+ sqft with efficient index of about 80% and 50 years lease. Properties in Sg is still very cheap in the eyes of many foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    yes, one unit at Kowloon, harbour front, 50+ storey, was just done at HK$22,000 or S$6,000,000 for a 1300+ sqft with efficient index of about 80% and 50 years lease. Properties in Sg is still very cheap in the eyes of many foreigners.
    And overall the condo surroundings are more pleasant versus hk. Town planning well thot of. Currently far east super riches focus on hk but will move south.

3 primary schools within 1km radius. that helps a lot.

rental market is now stronger and shld trend up with PRs waiting on the sideline to see impact of new measures.

thinking of renting out unit

prices of surrounding yet-to be completed projects are still high
    like what the prop experts said -mid to high are still underpriced?

Location not so convenient (far from MRT station and not even walking distance to shopping malls), so prices start to lag behind other condo projects nearer to Novena MRT station with 4 shopping malls:

Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    Residences@Evelyn:
    15 Evelyn Road #12-xx
    Freehold
    $1592
    $2450k
    18 Oct 10
    17 Evelyn Road #19-xx
    Freehold
    $1624
    $1800k
    06 Oct 10

Park Infinia:
    6A Lincoln Road #22-xx
    Freehold
    $1837
    $1641k
    22 Oct 10
    2A Lincoln Road #19-xx
    Freehold
    $1728
    $1730k
    21 Oct 10

R@E still underpriced for the quality. Yet to move and not many units for sale
    Save one's breath in pushing prices down. I must say ppl are impressed when they step into compound. Only issue is affordability.

What quality they give? E.g.: full Miele appliances or equivalent? AXOR thermostat raindance showers and taps or equivalent? TOTO Tornado flushback WCs or equivalent? Full facade to shelter your windows from rain splashing in and to shelter from the West sun? Have the MC remove the stair-case leading to the playground and tennis court? (Why must climb stairs hah?) If not, how to be impressed like that?

The person buying PI at $1730k is buying just because he cannot afford $1800k at R@E?

R@E still underpriced for the quality. Yet to move and not many units for sale
    Save one's breath in pushing prices down. I must say ppl are impressed when they step into compound. Only issue is affordability.
    Last edited by teddybear; 10-11-10 at 12:14.

I dun remember exactly the fittings at R@E. But the unit itself is indeed better than PI.
    The only reason PI gets higher psf now is probably because of the convenience.

btw I dun really value the fittings *that* much, as long as it's not those noname ones. The quality of the unit itself is much more important.

having visited both, i feel that R@E feels more posh and the neighbourhood feels more upper class. that neighbourhood feels truly like a residential enclave. feels lower density. lots of green around there.

My feel at PI is that there are many half past six cannot quite make it upgraders and investors, in addition to the tenants. also, that entire neighbourhood feels very heartlandish.... the people who frequent United Sq and Novena Sq aren't very cosmo, judging by the clothes they wear and the shops/eating places that are there. the whole area feels like an HDB estate, albeit a privately owned and slightly more moneyed one.

another yardstick to judge by- the type of cars in the car parks. don't get me wrong, PI has expensive cars too, but not a high % of the total population of cars.

then again, it is just my feel. i could be very wrong.