Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    bro, 15xx is the 3 bedrooms.
    in addition, there are 2 types of 3bd (forgot the exact size for each), with one significantly higher than the other because of the quiet facing.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    in addition, there are 2 types of 3bd (forgot the exact size for each), with one significantly higher than the other because of the quiet facing.
    think u r mistaken bro,

http://www.cdl.com.sg/Evelyn/floorplans.html

only 15xx sq ft for 3 bedders. should be another project with different sizes for 3 bd? like your favourite trilight or something?

Sorry typo ... i meant the 3bedroom units of 15xx sqft... actual usable space is really not much.

Some other FH condos of 9xx sqft 2 bedroom and small balcony have better layout..

all in all ... R@E looks nice on outside .... i go there becos my friend has 7 units there (hahahha )

i probably wont live there ...

think u r mistaken bro,

http://www.cdl.com.sg/Evelyn/floorplans.html

only 15xx sq ft for 3 bedders. should be another project with different sizes for 3 bd? like your favourite trilight or something?
    No u mistook what I meant. I meant diff type of 3bd, both around 15xx sf, but one type with a much higher PRICE. I think it's the 1528 type, with a quiet facing, seldome traded. I was offered 1550psf back then, so not really ex, today should still be profitable.

Btw this project got deferred payment, so prowd owner friend after all may not lose that much of opportunity cost...

No u mistook what I meant. I meant diff type of 3bd, both around 15xx sf, but one type with a much higher PRICE. I think it's the 1528 type, with a quiet facing, seldome traded. I was offered 1550psf back then, so not really ex, today should still be profitable.

Btw this project got deferred payment, so prowd owner friend after all may not lose that much of opportunity cost...
    ah i see. 01 stack with the quiet facing. seems like its the 03 4 bedder and 04 stack 2 bedder which has the best view though.

errr they didnt take loan .....

the bought same stack .... different floors .... the stack that was 'highly recommended' by the developer ....

for some reasons i dont know what they are, the last 4 years ... so difficult to find tenants.

They spent quite a bit on ID...yet one of the units, the current tenant like the facing, but no the ID, requested to 'undo' the ID...

not that they pay higher rent, in fact lower. in order to' grab' the tenant, they spent some money to undo the ID...

I advised him not to take that tenant but he went ahead ...

imagine once this tenant moves out, his unit is 'BARE" .. which probably cant command a good rent despite having premium facing ...

really stupid friend i have lol ....

Your friends seem to have deep pockets. No loan for units costing $2mm+?

It's perhaps the proximity to amenities like supermarkets, eateries, shopping that didn't entice much tenants to that development. Tenants would prefer the Novena side or if they really want exclusivity, the main Newton area.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    errr they didnt take loan .....

the bought same stack .... different floors .... the stack that was 'highly recommended' by the developer ....

for some reasons i dont know what they are, the last 4 years ... so difficult to find tenants.

They spent quite a bit on ID...yet one of the units, the current tenant like the facing, but no the ID, requested to 'undo' the ID...

not that they pay higher rent, in fact lower. in order to' grab' the tenant, they spent some money to undo the ID...

I advised him not to take that tenant but he went ahead ...

imagine once this tenant moves out, his unit is 'BARE" .. which probably cant command a good rent despite having premium facing ...

really stupid friend i have lol ....

Those condos just next to United square or Novena square will find tenants faster (Park infinia, Lincoln Suites, Viva, Soleil )

R Evelyn good for own stay. tucked inside the main road and next to landed. One of the main reasons in the past few years was the noise, first it was Newton One, then Trilight then Gilstead constructions. Noise and dusts

Now it is better since most condos around done up and newton interchange ready

Think it was launched at around 1200-1300pfs

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer888 View Post
    Your friends seem to have deep pockets. No loan for units costing $2mm+?

It's perhaps the proximity to amenities like supermarkets, eateries, shopping that didn't entice much tenants to that development. Tenants would prefer the Novena side or if they really want exclusivity, the main Newton area.

Another loss making transaction at R@E....

21 Mar 16 17 Evelyn Road #21-06 2,250 1,600 17 Mar 10 1,700 -225,000

Another loss making transaction at R@E....

21 Mar 16 17 Evelyn Road #21-06 2,250 1,600 17 Mar 10 1,700 -225,000
    the agent once said seller firm on the price...............................@ 3.9m. cheyyyyyyy

the agent once said seller firm on the price...............................@ 3.9m. cheyyyyyyy
    LOL Bro, you wanted to buy huh
    The most successful investors are defined by their actions in a bear market, not a bull market.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    LOL Bro, you wanted to buy huh
    long story. but let's just say i helped a relative crash this project. think i've stated the obvious liao. lol.

long story. but let's just say i helped a relative crash this project. think i've stated the obvious liao. lol.
    Because the last transaction in Jan 16 was transacted at $1600psf for the same floor area?

Because the last transaction in Jan 16 was transacted at $1600psf for the same floor area?
    kekeke. use the 1600psf to your advantage!

kekeke. use the 1600psf to your advantage!
    ]

Yeah, but makes me wonder if there is still potential for long term capital appreciation if the current transacted prices did not offer much upside (thought market is weak) from their launch prices.

]

Yeah, but makes me wonder if there is still potential for long term capital appreciation if the current transacted prices did not offer much upside (thought market is weak) from their launch prices.
    errm, launch prices were at 11xx to 12xxpsf.

errm, launch prices were at 11xx to 12xxpsf.
    have you noticed that for R@E ... its price didnt go up as much as other projects ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner View Post
    have you noticed that for R@E ... its price didnt go up as much as other projects ...
    went from 11xx, hit 19xx, drop back to 16xx. which projects should we be comparing it to?

we know that rivergate has undergone some sort of "re-rating". 11xx, hit 2xxx, now say average still hovering around 19xx? any others comparable from the same era?

went from 11xx, hit 19xx, drop back to 16xx. which projects should we be comparing it to?

we know that rivergate has undergone some sort of "re-rating". 11xx, hit 2xxx, now say average still hovering around 19xx? any others comparable from the same era?
    MPR, Cosmopolitan, Wharve Resi, these are the few notable ones I was tracking :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HP65 View Post
    MPR, Cosmopolitan, Wharve Resi, these are the few notable ones I was tracking :-)
    hmm bro proud owner was talking about his friend who could have made more if he didn't wait for the launch (2005/2006). cosmo would be a good comparison for the era. for MPR and Wharf, launched 2007 at high expensive levels. only in 2009 fire sale everyone grabbed.

hmm bro proud owner was talking about his friend who could have made more if he didn't wait for the launch (2005/2006). cosmo would be a good comparison for the era. for MPR and Wharf, launched 2007 at high expensive levels. only in 2009 fire sale everyone grabbed.
    Ah, ok true. I was thinking of the time when MPR and WR dropped to $1250ish and then very quickly skyrocketed to $2k and then now settling below $1900 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by HP65 View Post
    Ah, ok true. I was thinking of the time when MPR and WR dropped to $1250ish and then very quickly skyrocketed to $2k and then now settling below $1900 psf.
    just like rivergate. that was 09 alright. R@E also fell to 11xxpsf and 12xxpsf during that time. it then never exceed the 2007 highs but did hit 1930psf in 2013. it then slowly slid back to 1700psf average.