Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: Beacon Heights D12 , 999 yr

bhowner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bhbh
    i don't know man, i got a shock.
    Anyway, bhbh, have you signed your S&P? I just received it and notice that the floor plan for the unit i bought differs slightly from the floor plan in the brochure. There is an additional area that juts out from the study which makes the shape weird. Is yours the same too?? I am getting the agent to check on this before signing the S&P.

bhbh Guest

i haven't received mine. how can it differ from the brochures? wouldnt it be a misrepresentation? anyway, will that increase the floor area or the extra space is redundant?

Quote Originally Posted by bhowner
    Anyway, bhbh, have you signed your S&P? I just received it and notice that the floor plan for the unit i bought differs slightly from the floor plan in the brochure. There is an additional area that juts out from the study which makes the shape weird. Is yours the same too?? I am getting the agent to check on this before signing the S&P.

bhowner Guest

i haven't received mine. how can it differ from the brochures? wouldnt it be a misrepresentation? anyway, will that increase the floor area or the extra space is redundant?
    Yes, need to clarify on all this before signing... Still waiting for their reply.

AgentKhoo Guest

Anything less than 3% of the total area specificed, the developer pays you the difference.

bhbh Guest

we can't back out even if it is different, can we? i was actually hoping they could shift the bomb shelter outside, don't know whether it is possible to petition...

Yes, need to clarify on all this before signing... Still waiting for their reply.

bhbh Guest

what if the area comes out more?

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKhoo
    Anything less than 3% of the total area specificed, the developer pays you the difference.

AgentKhoo Guest

Meaning if the actual size is 5% less than the specified area in your documents, the developer will pay you the difference of 2%. If there is a deviation of just 2% less than the specified size, tough luck

bhowner Guest

we can't back out even if it is different, can we? i was actually hoping they could shift the bomb shelter outside, don't know whether it is possible to petition...
    I think we have up to certain time that we can back out completely and get a full refund when there is a misrepresentation. That's what the lawyer told my fren who has bought urban loft recently. He was faced with a situation where the 5th floor pool was supposed to be open to all but in the S&P, it stated that it's only for the penthouse use. He called up the law firm and they told him he could back out and get a full refund from the developer due to the misrepresentation..

AgentKhoo Guest

what if the area comes out more?
    The legal speak is silent on the above.

But we agents always like to say to consult your lawyer.

AgentKhoo Guest

I think we have up to certain time that we can back out completely and get a full refund when there is a misrepresentation. That's what the lawyer told my fren who has bought urban loft recently. He was faced with a situation where the 5th floor pool was supposed to be open to all but in the S&P, it stated that it's only for the penthouse use. He called up the law firm and they told him he could back out and get a full refund from the developer due to the misrepresentation..
    That's true. All bets are off where mispresentation on the developer side is concerned. Where there is misrepresentation from the agent (not the developer), the developer may not let you off especially if evidence to the contrary can be proved (you did not check the brochure but relied on the agent's words or promise). In that case, your only recourse is to sue the agent who made the misrepresentation to you.

AgentKhoo Guest

Precisely my point, you cannot call Hillington Green, Glendale, parc parlais, hume park etc "hillview areas" like what you keep on insisting on calling novena locations even in District 12. Don't be so tee kee.

At the very least, the owners of the above projects will kick your ass silly if you dare deem their projects "hillview". As I said earlier, developers may cunningly name prestigous district names for their projects even if the projects don't fall under the actual district. Hence my example of katong laksa in choa chu kang. I have to make it very explicit to explain to folks like you mah

I discuss things in a calm rational manner, whereas you are prone to throwing fits and uttering obscenities and making an utter fool of yourself. Try to be more objective and mature, at the very least

Quote Originally Posted by (sigh)
    with agents like u and your lousy katong laksa analogy, how can u hope to proliferate sound knowledge bout property mkt. I am amazed that you as an agent would dispute against boundary lines and so ignorant bout district numbering. Hillington Green, Glendale, parc parlais, hume park and symphony heights are just beside one another along hillview but the 3 except hillington and Glendale (D23) come under D21. Imaginary or artificial boundary u might call it, but it is real and recognised by URA. U have made yourself look pathetic by letting me educate u on this.

hillview Guest

the properties in the clusters of land beside hillview are all deemed as hillview condos even though they bear different district numbers. They include petals, hillview 128, hilltop grove, hillview green, parc palais, hume park and symphony heights etc etc.
    Precisely my point, you cannot call Hillington Green, Glendale, parc parlais, hume park etc "hillview areas" like what you keep on insisting on calling novena locations even in District 12. Don't be so tee kee.

At the very least, the owners of the above projects will kick your ass silly if you dare deem their projects "hillview". As I said earlier, developers may cunningly name prestigous district names for their projects even if the projects don't fall under the actual district. Hence my example of katong laksa in choa chu kang. I have to make it very explicit to explain to folks like you mah

I discuss things in a calm rational manner, whereas you are prone to throwing fits and uttering obscenities and making an utter fool of yourself. Try to be more objective and mature, at the very least

bhbh Guest

bhowner, is it only a minor inconsistency frm the brochure or has the additional feature caused the design to deviate substantially?

bhowner Guest

bhowner, is it only a minor inconsistency frm the brochure or has the additional feature caused the design to deviate substantially?

It's a rather big deviation as it's a funny area that jut out of the study. Anyway, my agent just clarified with the developer. It was a mistake of the surveryor and they would send me the correct floor plan without this additional area soon. Thereafter, would be signing the S&P with the lawyer.

Hume Park II owner Guest

Excuse me, we prefer to say that our D21 properties as being located in Upper Bukit Timah. Hillview is D23, Upper Bukit Timah is D21!

Ok? And let's leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by hillview
    the properties in the clusters of land beside hillview are all deemed as hillview condos even though they bear different district numbers. They include petals, hillview 128, hilltop grove, hillview green, parc palais, hume park and symphony heights etc etc.

Talk Balestier Guest

Aiyoh! This is balestier lah. Why talk until Hillview?

BTW, nowadays all the condos like to be related to Hillview due to Hillview MRT! Go read classifieds. Those condos very far away from Hillview MRT like Hume Park are the ones trumpeting they are near Hillview MRT! It's so amusing. Go with the times lah. The amenities and future potential count more than district number. Jade, Park Natura, Hillvista which is in D23 fetches better prices than many condos along Hume Ave D21. That is a fact of life

hillview Guest

i don't like hillview personally n i dnt live there
    Quote Originally Posted by Talk Balestier
    Aiyoh! This is balestier lah. Why talk until Hillview?

BTW, nowadays all the condos like to be related to Hillview due to Hillview MRT! Go read classifieds. Those condos very far away from Hillview MRT like Hume Park are the ones trumpeting they are near Hillview MRT! It's so amusing. Go with the times lah. The amenities and future potential count more than district number. Jade, Park Natura, Hillvista which is in D23 fetches better prices than many condos along Hume Ave D21. That is a fact of life

bhbh Guest

i actually saw the extra area u mentioned. Wouldnt it be better to have that added space for storage? Is it confirmed that it is a mistake? If it is additional to the 667sf, i won't mind having it actually. Just construct a glass door in front of the gap and use the gap to put decorative stuff.
    It's a rather big deviation as it's a funny area that jut out of the study. Anyway, my agent just clarified with the developer. It was a mistake of the surveryor and they would send me the correct floor plan without this additional area soon. Thereafter, would be signing the S&P with the lawyer.

bhowner Guest

i actually saw the extra area u mentioned. Wouldnt it be better to have that added space for storage? Is it confirmed that it is a mistake? If it is additional to the 667sf, i won't mind having it actually. Just construct a glass door in front of the gap and use the gap to put decorative stuff.
    U mean u have received your S&P and it's in it too? It's a odd corner and i think it's not good for the house feng shui. haha

Nature Guest

Hillview and Upper Thomson are lovely nature areas and reasonably close to town. But must drive at the mean time lah - most people there have few cars. With the Hillview MRT and Thomson MRT line, both areas have great potential in the long term. Just like in NY, the "Upper" districts might just develop into more prestigious areas as accessibility develops as these areas more exclusive away from the hustle and bustle of town

i don't like hillview personally n i dnt live there

bhbh Guest

i realised i have received it and did notice it. It didnt strike me until u brought it up. Suppose it is ok 4 me but can do without as well. Our units r northwest facing shud be quite gd feng shui i think
    U mean u have received your S&P and it's in it too? It's a odd corner and i think it's not good for the house feng shui. haha

bhowner Guest

i realised i have received it and did notice it. It didnt strike me until u brought it up. Suppose it is ok 4 me but can do without as well. Our units r northwest facing shud be quite gd feng shui i think
    generally a squarish unit is good feng shui, so was quite bothered by the irregular shape caused by the extra area. haha.. anyway, glad that it's a mistake. I suggest you check with your agent about that too before you sign on the S&P. Make sure you sign on a floor plan that looks like the one in the brochure and not one that is different.

bhbh Guest

u will be interested to knw that more than 100 units sold and developer has since upped prices by 5%, my agent said. She is currently into talks wth buyer to sell a 2+1 for $1k psf which is gd news for us.
    generally a squarish unit is good feng shui, so was quite bothered by the irregular shape caused by the extra area. haha.. anyway, glad that it's a mistake. I suggest you check with your agent about that too before you sign on the S&P. Make sure you sign on a floor plan that looks like the one in the brochure and not one that is different.

bhowner Guest

u will be interested to knw that more than 100 units sold and developer has since upped prices by 5%, my agent said. She is currently into talks wth buyer to sell a 2+1 for $1k psf which is gd news for us.
    Wow, i am glad to hear that. haha. Guess we bought at the right price than. Btw, can i ask what price did you pay for your unit? Mine is about 645k.

bhbh Guest

mine is 650k, just a ted higher due to floor level. Agent had to compensate me 1k for stating wrong price to me. She just gave me cheque like it meant nothing to her, shows how much these agents are earning.
    Wow, i am glad to hear that. haha. Guess we bought at the right price than. Btw, can i ask what price did you pay for your unit? Mine is about 645k.

bhowner Guest

mine is 650k, just a ted higher due to floor level. Agent had to compensate me 1k for stating wrong price to me. She just gave me cheque like it meant nothing to her, shows how much these agents are earning.

Wow, i think you are getting a good deal for the 26th floor. At the time of my purchase, it was about 670k for the 26th floor.

bhbh Guest

#25 not #26. I gather #26 would be noisy with the observation deck just above so i went for i floor lower. At my time of purchase #26 was just 655k.
    Wow, i think you are getting a good deal for the 26th floor. At the time of my purchase, it was about 670k for the 26th floor.

bhowner Guest

#25 not #26. I gather #26 would be noisy with the observation deck just above so i went for i floor lower. At my time of purchase #26 was just 655k.
    Great minds think alike. I had the same thoughts about the 26 Floor. Hence, did not even consider that. Haha

ugly Guest

ppl compensate by quoting wrong price, $1k gone just like tat and yet... ...

bhbh Guest

heard u have a fren that bought urban loft, why not BH? U knw any other BH owners?
    Great minds think alike. I had the same thoughts about the 26 Floor. Hence, did not even consider that. Haha