Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i love their proximity to the future katong mall and amenities like the market, hawker center and other eateries along katong and joo chiat
    Yes! Very good location! Just occasional traffic jam near the Joo Chiat junction.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    i love their proximity to the future katong mall and amenities like the market, hawker center and other eateries along katong and joo chiat
    Not to forget Parkway Parade, Library, NTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Not to forget Parkway Parade, Library, NTUC.
    heh, i'm a foodie. supermarkets aren't that appealing to me.
    envy those that live near there. imagine waking up to old bakeries, lunching crab beehoon, dining prawn noodles for dinner and chilling out at al forno's

how much is a reasonable psf for 614sq ft at Aristo?

Not more than $1200 given limited amenities and layout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    how much is a reasonable psf for 614sq ft at Aristo?

I feel 1200 is too much still. Because it is a super small site and we know rental sucks at east coast. More for own stay. Then again, if for own stay, I wouldn't want such a small site.

quote=DC33_2008]Not more than $1200 given limited amenities and layout.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I feel 1200 is too much still. Because it is a super small site and we know rental sucks at east coast. More for own stay. Then again, if for own stay, I wouldn't want such a small site.

quote=DC33_2008]Not more than $1200 given limited amenities and layout.
    [/quote]

where's the joker who said the prize is worth it cos' of the preserved gate?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Not more than $1200 given limited amenities and layout.
    the greedy Aristo owner asking 1400psf! for a 614sq ft...she bot it at 600k last year and now asking 860k nett!!!

buyers always have a choice one, best is don't buy if you think price is overly inflated. I personally won't buy aristo coz too much wasted space. you might not look at that aspect as a buyer now, but your future buyers will surely look at it. I think Aristo and Lincoln Suites are the top contenders for CWWSA (Condo With Wasted Space Award)

the greedy Aristo owner asking 1400psf! for a 614sq ft...she bot it at 600k last year and now asking 860k nett!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    buyers always have a choice one, best is don't buy if you think price is overly inflated. I personally won't buy aristo coz too much wasted space. you might not look at that aspect as a buyer now, but your future buyers will surely look at it. I think Aristo and Lincoln Suites are the top contenders for CWWSA (Condo With Wasted Space Award)
    ha..yes i secretly wish they save up more space as mine ideal is 600+ sq ft le.

since you might be more familiar with Amber Projects,do u think there r any good ones to fit in my humble budget ard 900k?

ha..yes i secretly wish they save up more space as mine ideal is 600+ sq ft le.

since you might be more familiar with Amber Projects,do u think there r any good ones to fit in my humble budget ard 900k?
    what about the studio units at one amber ?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma
    i've viewed the 507sq ft ,the layout ok only only one master room, would prefer 600+ sq ft to have another room tho.

and i somehow don't like tis project as it is too crowded

i've viewed the 507sq ft ,the layout ok only only one master room, would prefer 600+ sq ft to have another room tho.

and i somehow don't like tis project as it is too crowded
    too crowded? you mean crowded along amber road which is lined with esidential projects or crowded within one amber?
    if the latter, one amber is actually one of the most spacious projects in that area. the towers are not too close together and lots of water and landscaping features within the development.
    But then i could be biased as i am vested in one amber . but honestly this is my objective opinion.

if the former, i personally don't see much of an issue with that. it makes the whole area seems more exclusive for residential needs.

a 500sf unit at one amber with reasonable view is asking for 900k, if buying for investment, the person would have to be crazy.

too crowded? you mean crowded along amber road which is lined with esidential projects or crowded within one amber?
    if the latter, one amber is actually one of the most spacious projects in that area. the towers are not too close together and lots of water and landscaping features within the development.
    But then i could be biased as i am vested in one amber . but honestly this is my objective opinion.

if the former, i personally don't see much of an issue with that. it makes the whole area seems more exclusive for residential needs.
    i mean i felt a little crowded within the condo.as im looking for own stay,privacy is my top priority.unless,if i buy for investment,yes amber is not too bad a place,but price is quite steep for the studio i viewed.

a 500sf unit at one amber with reasonable view is asking for 900k, if buying for investment, the person would have to be crazy.
    indeed,the one i viewed was on #22,asking 920k,slight neg

Why buy if u already have a roof? Up ur budget or down the size.

would you consider the small developments along mountbatten road? e.g. tessa lodge, mountbatten suites/ regency (can't remember)...

imagine paying 920k and renting out at $3k a month, the yield would be pathetic. If you ask for $4k, tenants would have better choices of bigger units around there to rent.

For non-aristo owner viewing only. This is based on my personal opinion.

I didn't view the floor plan before commenting. Sorry. Now that I have view the floor plan, my personal opinion is that the layout is the worst ever and is complete shit, complete junk. 614 sq ft for 2 bedders is already small enough. But yet, planters and balcony take up 30%. It is not even a decent balcony to start with, it is a tiny 2 tiles balcony surrounded by super big planters. Total disaster. And the master room is the size of a queen size bed. The 2nd room can only fit a single bed. And the living room is the size of a queen size bed with a useless corridor taking space away again. There is no dining area, no place to even put a study table or whatever.

My view : this is not a value buy.
    If u hv $900,000, what is the psf ur thinking of?

Sorry forgot to include this for those who are not aware, CWWS=Condo With Wasted Space

imagine paying 920k and renting out at $3k a month, the yield would be pathetic. If you ask for $4k, tenants would have better choices of bigger units around there to rent.
    hi all i have a question. for investment purposes, besides rental yield , what other attributes should we be looking at?
    i am thinking of buying a second property for investment purposes and some how, i tended to end up benchmarking the prospects against the criteria i had in mind when i was buying my first property, and thus haven't been able to find the right one to invest in. i know my objectives are different for the first and second property and thus my criteria should change accordingly to reflect that. but i am not sure what the key attributes i should be looking for are or if i am missing out some potential buys with too stringent a benchmark.

but for investment, is leasehold or freehold not that important? from my perspective i would still think it is as i want my gain from investment to come from both capital gain and rental gain. for lease hold proprety how realistic is it to sell at a good price as the years go buy?

Appreciate some insights on this. I am really a newbie in all these things and if my above thoughts sounds amaturish, it's cos i really am an amateur so please bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    My view : this is not a value buy.
    If u hv $900,000, what is the psf ur thinking of?
    perhaps not more than 1,100psf for bigger project like 800sq ft

perhaps not more than 1,100psf for bigger project like 800sq ft
    for big project - do you mean big developments with more than 500 units?
    if you are looking at amber road, mountbatten and TK - this might be difficult. $1100 psf is achievable in this area but for built in area of less than 900sqf, usually the psf amount is alot higher.
    the small developments along mountbatten road, 2 bedders are going at 850-950K.

Time horizon? If looking at 5 years, then just buy a studio in cbd, keep for rental and sell it off 5 years down the road. Don't look outside ccr anymore because those are at historical high. 1 down turn and you can easily collect 100 - 200k of rental + capital appreciation. That is even if you buy now.

hi all i have a question. for investment purposes, besides rental yield , what other attributes should we be looking at?
    i am thinking of buying a second property for investment purposes and some how, i tended to end up benchmarking the prospects against the criteria i had in mind when i was buying my first property, and thus haven't been able to find the right one to invest in. i know my objectives are different for the first and second property and thus my criteria should change accordingly to reflect that. but i am not sure what the key attributes i should be looking for are or if i am missing out some potential buys with too stringent a benchmark.

but for investment, is leasehold or freehold not that important? from my perspective i would still think it is as i want my gain from investment to come from both capital gain and rental gain. for lease hold proprety how realistic is it to sell at a good price as the years go buy?

Appreciate some insights on this. I am really a newbie in all these things and if my above thoughts sounds amaturish, it's cos i really am an amateur so please bear with me.

Property price appreciation is different from rental yield. One with high rental yield may not necessarily mean a higher profit through subsequent sub-sale.

lows rentals speak of how much demand the project holds to tenants. I am quite conservative in my investments and will only buy a property with high rental yield, meaning low in price and high demand for rental. you are right to say that capital appreciation sometimes does not mean that the property must have high rental yield, but it all depends on your risk appetite. if i were a high risk taker, i would have bought a unit at caspian during launch knowing that the economy was at the rock bottom then

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Property price appreciation is different from rental yield. One with high rental yield may not necessarily mean a higher profit through subsequent sub-sale.

lows rentals speak of how much demand the project holds to tenants. I am quite conservative in my investments and will only buy a property with high rental yield, meaning low in price and high demand for rental. you are right to say that capital appreciation sometimes does not mean that the property must have high rental yield, but it all depends on your risk appetite. if i were a high risk taker, i would have bought a unit at caspian during launch knowing that the economy was at the rock bottom then
    No absolute certain way to conclude which is a better investment. A flat in the west may attract tenants from the universities, but they may not want to buy them, so there may not be a demand for people to own the unit when you want to sell it. A flat in the east may not attract high rental, but may appear more attractive to own than one in the west.

I think many factors come into consideration, including potential upside due to possible MRT locations, new shopping malls in the plan, etc. Those with MRT stations should not continue to appreciate so much already, but those without MRT stations can still be considered if the chances of having one nearby is high.