Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Yup. I am always monitoring prices of condo of such quality so I can see how much discount it can get as compared to nearby condo. Just doing some market research. High psf doesn't mean anything either because the 2 bedroom is the size of a studio. You know, MM units.

Anyway, asking price, rejected price did not materialise so it is impossible to verify and we should forget about it. Just wondering, how would anyone live comfortably in a 614 sq ft 2 bedder? Not forgetting, with 40% space gone to balcony, planter, bay window..

If Cape is selling at 2k psf, being a MM, should it sell at 2.5k psf? After all, we are comparing un-TOP projects.
    The Cape is not an MM project. It has 3 and 4 bedroom units ranging from 1200 - 1539 sq.ft and asking price is $2,100 - $2,300 psf onwards.

I don't know why you bring in KS.

So you mean to say a living room that is the size of a toilet with super big balcony will look big?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Ok thats fine if u dont wanna compare The Cape. What if we compare The Aristo with another apartment at Kembangan called Kembangan Suites. Its 1+1 study unit is at a size of 497 sq.ft. I was at the unit for viewing for my client and it was sold at $1350 per sq.ft. And u cant compare Amber with Kembangan. These are 2 different locations entirely.

So to be fair to the owners of Aristo, their units cant possibly be cheaper than a similar unit at Kembangan Suites.

I guess layout plays an important role in making a unit looks spacious. Having a balcony is a plus point as it gives an endless facade to a unit.

I mean Aristo is a MM.

Can you also stop with the obsession of asking price? We only care about transacted price. I ask 10,000 psf, meaning will transact? If you are an agent, you should know this.

The Cape is not an MM project. It has 3 and 4 bedroom units ranging from 1200 - 1539 sq.ft and asking price is $2,100 - $2,300 psf onwards.

Ok thats fine if u dont wanna compare The Cape. What if we compare The Aristo with another apartment at Kembangan called Kembangan Suites. Its 1+1 study unit is at a size of 497 sq.ft. I was at the unit for viewing for my client and it was sold at $1350 per sq.ft. And u cant compare Amber with Kembangan. These are 2 different locations entirely.

So to be fair to the owners of Aristo, their units cant possibly be cheaper than a similar unit at Kembangan Suites.

I guess layout plays an important role in making a unit looks spacious. Having a balcony is a plus point as it gives an endless facade to a unit.
    Kembangan suites not the best eg lah

Shd use 1400psf 99lh kovan grandeur or park res 1500psf which r more solid rite? Ks fh and super near to most precious ew mrt line is not a gd benchmark at all! Hahaha

No way to bullshit with Devilplate around.....

Talk to a few agents, most are surprise that i ask about the projt as layout r quite bad and price is high....that the common perception, we cant deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Talk to a few agents, most are surprise that i ask about the projt as layout r quite bad and price is high....that the common perception, we cant deny it.
    u mean u ask agts about aristo?

only shawn is blind?

aristo is strong contender for CWWSA (condo with wasted space award) along with lincoln suites.

Yeap, i ask agents about aristo@amber,

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    only shawn is blind?

only shawn is blind?
    vested interest.......

yeah yeah, time to come up with a list for CWWS Award. these 2 r near the top for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    aristo is strong contender for CWWSA (condo with wasted space award) along with lincoln suites.

Kembangan suites not the best eg lah

Shd use 1400psf 99lh kovan grandeur or park res 1500psf which r more solid rite? Ks fh and super near to most precious ew mrt line is not a gd benchmark at all! Hahaha
    haha u very funny guy. Perhaps u should start comparing Aristo with a condo near Ponggol or Sengkang. Aristo is also a FH project.

Have u been to KS? Have u seen their design and layout and the building facade ?? Do u find it a better deal than Aristo ?? Come on...be honest.

There is no comparison at all between KS and Aristo. Obviously Aristo is a much better development in terms of everything from location, design of building, sea facing, near to ameneties (parkway parade, city proximity).

Condos in Amber and Meyer can command a much higher psf cause of location, sea facing, and near to ameneties like Parkway and city. Otherwise how do u explain the high psf transactions for newly launched condos in the areas. Far East is going to launch a new condo just across Parkway by the end of this year and heard from some agents, its looking at a psf of $2,500 onwards.
    Last edited by Shawn; 14-09-11 at 05:54.

I don't know why you bring in KS.

So you mean to say a living room that is the size of a toilet with super big balcony will look big?
    Haha you are just underexaggerating the size of a unit at The Aristo. Its not as bad as u claimed. Go and do your own study of layout.

Or maybe your taste of condo living is that of a unit with no balcony, no bay windows, no full glass windows...perhaps HDB living is more suitable for you.

Btw The Aristo is already on the 13th floor...only left 5 more floors to complete. As u said this project takes a long time to complete, perhaps you should go see it again. You are always making a wrong judgment and I am not surprised your judgment on Aristo value will be wrong again. Lets wait till its TOP then.

When will it TOP? Last done unit at AA for a 614sqft is about $1317psf. Why is it not moving higher as compared to the nearby silversea?

My honest opinion:-

Design - Aristo better
    Layout - Aristo has one of the worst layout I have ever seen. Pui. Any development is better
    Building facade - Aristo better
    Location - Depends. KS got MRT
    Sea - Aristo nearer

But layout and ammenities should be your main concern. I mean, you spend 99% of the time in your unit. Are you going to tell your families and friends my condo has nice design but I stay in a screw up unit?

Also, based on your analysis about cape etc launching at 2k psf or 2.5k psf for new projects (empty talk here), do you also imply Cote D'Azure should sell at least 1.8k psf onwards?

haha u very funny guy. Perhaps u should start comparing Aristo with a condo near Ponggol or Sengkang. Aristo is also a FH project.

Have u been to KS? Have u seen their design and layout and the building facade ?? Do u find it a better deal than Aristo ?? Come on...be honest.

There is no comparison at all between KS and Aristo. Obviously Aristo is a much better development in terms of everything from location, design of building, sea facing, near to ameneties (parkway parade, city proximity).

Condos in Amber and Meyer can command a much higher psf cause of location, sea facing, and near to ameneties like Parkway and city. Otherwise how do u explain the high psf transactions for newly launched condos in the areas. Far East is going to launch a new condo just across Parkway by the end of this year and heard from some agents, its looking at a psf of $2,500 onwards.

shawn is a big joker....keep banging on seaview but in fact aristo only got pathetic pocketed seaview.....most units dun have seaview somemore.....

he trying vy hard to defend and tok up his aristo.....must be wondering y neighbouring projects can sell much higher but not his aristo....

I did already. How big can 614 sq ft be? Minus off 200 sq ft for balcony and planter and another 100 sq ft for ledge and bay window. And you try to squeeze 2 bedrooms in it.

Did I mention no full glass windows? You see, you are a typical agent who like to put words in people's mouth and having nonsensical unproven claims about new launch at 2.5k psf.. No wonder agents have a bad name.

Also, when I mention aristo was still at 5th storey after 4 years, that was based on hard facts. The hard truth. Anyway, 4 years is long for such a tiny project. I mean, look at KS launch date. And don't give me crap like the longer you build, the better the quality. There is no correlation on that.

When it TOP, maybe those who bought at 500k will let go at 650k after they see the layout? I don't know but Aristo has a number of buyers at 500-600k+. You know, when developer slashed the prices jia lat jia lat.

Haha you are just underexaggerating the size of a unit at The Aristo. Its not as bad as u claimed. Go and do your own study of layout.

Or maybe your taste of condo living is that of a unit with no balcony, no bay windows, no full glass windows...perhaps HDB living is more suitable for you.

Btw The Aristo is already on the 13th floor...only left 5 more floors to complete. As u said this project takes a long time to complete, perhaps you should go see it again. You are always making a wrong judgment and I am not surprised your judgment on Aristo value will be wrong again. Lets wait till its TOP then.

Same PSF as Cote D'Azure somemore despite Aristo being a MM unit and FH somemore. There must be a reason why people choose to pay 2k psf for cape but not above 1.4k psf for Aristo. Also, we know east coast is not for rental. You probably have a studio in KS beating a 2 bedroom in Aristo hands down.

shawn is a big joker....keep banging on seaview but in fact aristo only got pathetic pocketed seaview.....most units dun have seaview somemore.....

he trying vy hard to defend and tok up his aristo.....must be wondering y neighbouring projects can sell much higher but not his aristo....

[quote=thomastansb]I did already. How big can 614 sq ft be? Minus off 200 sq ft for balcony and planter and another 100 sq ft for ledge and bay window. And you try to squeeze 2 bedrooms in it.

> Haha perhaps you could see other condos like Kembangan Suites which are even smaller like 490 sq.ft and it still looks reasonably spacious/ I have been to these units to see. It all depends on layout.

Did I mention no full glass windows? You see, you are a typical agent who like to put words in people's mouth and having nonsensical unproven claims about new launch at 2.5k psf.. No wonder agents have a bad name.

> You have been complaining about big balcony, big bay windows and big planters. Its as if you desire for a condo which has none of this which ultimately translates to a HDB like unit.

Also, when I mention aristo was still at 5th storey after 4 years, that was based on hard facts. The hard truth. Anyway, 4 years is long for such a tiny project. I mean, look at KS launch date. And don't give me crap like the longer you build, the better the quality. There is no correlation on that.

> You are overexaggerating. Aristo started construction only 1 and a 1/2 years ago, not 4 years. They launch and sell the project for 1 year. I have been marketing this development so I am aware if you are telling the truth or not. You are just being cynical cause you yourself is eyeing to buy this project at a cheap price. Unfortunately I dont think you be able to do that anymore. Chances are gone for good. You can hope for a market crash. Continue waiting.

When it TOP, maybe those who bought at 500k will let go at 650k after they see the layout? I don't know but Aristo has a number of buyers at 500-600k+. You know, when developer slashed the prices jia lat jia lat.

> Hahah dream on. I know you are keen in this project. Kembangan Suites 490 sq.ft selling at 1,350psf..You are hallucinating dude. Those owners who desperate to sell already done so left the hardcore owners who can hold for better prices. Its more like at least $1500psf onwards for Aristo and this I can confirm now no need to wait till TOP. If you want the seaview facing high floor, you might even have to pay $2000psf and above. I know you might say I am talking rubbish. So lets wait till its TOP. Cause nobody knows for certain right now. But a good gauge is similar neighboring projects like The Cape and 16 @ Amber are already now calling above $2000 and $1600 psf respectively. So, $1500 psf is a huge discount from that and is achievable once TOP.

Same PSF as Cote D'Azure somemore despite Aristo being a MM unit and FH somemore. There must be a reason why people choose to pay 2k psf for cape but not above 1.4k psf for Aristo. Also, we know east coast is not for rental. You probably have a studio in KS beating a 2 bedroom in Aristo hands down.
    Hi Thomas I dont know whether to call u ignorant or someone who intentionally act ignorant.

As you know, The Cape was only launched this year when the property market is booming and of course, the developer can achieve a record $2000psf price. The Aristo was launched in 2007 at $1800 psf onwards before the banking crisis in 2008. However, the Lehman Brothers/Banking crisis came in 2008 and condo prices all dropped including Aristo. So those buyers who bought that time at $1000-1200 psf will definitely make money now. As such, Aristo so as many other condos are selling at a huge discount. I too own a condo which I bought during 2007/2008 at only $850psf near Tanjong Rhu but now buyers are already buying the same unit for $1350 psf. I was also offered a unit at Marina Bay Residence 700 sq.ft+ on the 50th floor for just $950k that time.

You are just acting stupid. And dont think the owners at The Aristo are stupid and dumb as you think to sell the units to you at $850 psf. You can continue to dream and hallucinate. All the best of luck.
    Last edited by Shawn; 14-09-11 at 22:02.

Then don't use Cape to compare. Majam Cape sell 2k psf, Aristo will sell 1.9k like this. I don't know why you keep saying Cape and Silversea all 2k psf. I am just trying to enlighten you that the layout sucks, little pocket view (and almost no view for 3/4 of the stacks). There is nothing to shout about. Oh, and I am not interested in Aristo. At least not in this lifetime.

Hi Thomas I dont know whether to call u ignorant or someone who intentionally act ignorant.

As you know, The Cape was only launched this year when the property market is booming and of course, the developer can achieve a record $2000psf price. The Aristo was launched in 2007 at $1800 psf onwards before the banking crisis in 2008. However, the Lehman Brothers/Banking crisis came in 2008 and condo prices all dropped including Aristo. So those buyers who bought that time at $1000-1200 psf will definitely make money now. As such, Aristo so as many other condos are selling at a huge discount. I too own a condo which I bought during 2007/2008 at only $850psf near Tanjong Rhu but now buyers are already buying the same unit for $1350 psf. I was also offered a unit at Marina Bay Residence 700 sq.ft+ on the 50th floor for just $950k that time.

You are just acting stupid. And dont think the owners at The Aristo are stupid and dumb as you think to sell the units to you at $850 psf. You can continue to dream and hallucinate. All the best of luck.

Then don't use Cape to compare. Majam Cape sell 2k psf, Aristo will sell 1.9k like this. I don't know why you keep saying Cape and Silversea all 2k psf. I am just trying to enlighten you that the layout sucks, little pocket view (and almost no view for 3/4 of the stacks). There is nothing to shout about. Oh, and I am not interested in Aristo. At least not in this lifetime.
    Haha you are really wrong this time. The Aristo sea view is quite generous especially for stack 2 and 3. There is no seaview for stack 4 and stack 1 view is partially blocked by Silversea. To know whether it has a seaview all you have to do is to go to another neighboring condo to see the facing or u drive to the east coast beach near to the old bigsplash and see if you can see The Aristo building.

Apparently, The Aristo building jut out and more prominent from the rest like The Seaview, Amber Residences, One Amber or any others...As i have gone to the beach to survey the condo facing. The Cape has not much of a seaview.

Its all come to square one....making an effort to survey and study the facing. And you have failed this time.

You say u are not interested but u are often checking and contributing to The Aristo forum. And despite knowing so much about The Aristo, you are telling me you are not interested.

U are taking me as an idiot i suppose.

Design - Aristo better
    Layout - Aristo has one of the worst layout I have ever seen. Pui. Any development is better
    Sea - Aristo nearer

But layout and ammenities should be your main concern. I mean, you spend 99% of the time in your unit. Are you going to tell your families and friends my condo has nice design but I stay in a screw up unit?

Also, based on your analysis about cape etc launching at 2k psf or 2.5k psf for new projects (empty talk here), do you also imply Cote D'Azure should sell at least 1.8k psf onwards?
    Cote D Azur is a bloody old project and its 99 year leasehold. Looking at the design of the condo one can tell its a lousy development. U cant compare that with new developments like The Cape, The Aristo, 16@ Amber etc...U are wasting my time...

I am just comparing an apartment (The Cape) just beside The Aristo...its a fair judgment as they are located side by side in the same area, same facing, same apartment status with similar like facilities on the 14th floor, and both are freehold.

And now you are comparing The Aristo with a 10 year old condo (Cote D Azur) which is badly designed with 99 year status.

I am speechless. U are just out to badmouthing condo which you hope to buy cheap cheap. Wake up stop hallucinating.

Design - Aristo better
    Sea - Aristo nearer

Haha only an idiot will say that in terms of location, KS is better or quite the same as The Aristo. And you are talking about being near to mrt. Do these buyers who bought into Amber/Meyer area ever consider mrt as an important option before buying ???

In anycase, an mrt is coming up soon in Amber area. It might not make any impression to these buyers as most have a car.

Good luck to your future condo purchase and your analysis of the condo market.

A picture tells a thousand words... This is 711 sq ft. I pity those 600+ sq ft 2 bedder.

I am always interested in Aristo. Interested as in wondering why people buy despite this kind of layout. And no, I won't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by moonk123
    Project Name-THE ARISTO @ AMBER
    Developer-AG Capital Pte Ltd
    Property Type-Apartment
    Tenure - Freehold
    Total Units - 56
    Completion Date - Uncompleted
    District - 15

all from:

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/thearisto@amber

I mean for rental. You mean people buy Aristo to stay????? I am really surprised if a family could stay comfortably. Maybe it is just me who dislike tiny space or as what you suggested, go for a 1000 sq ft HDB which cost 1/3 the price.

Haha only an idiot will say that in terms of location, KS is better or quite the same as The Aristo. And you are talking about being near to mrt. Do these buyers who bought into Amber/Meyer area ever consider mrt as an important option before buying ???

In anycase, an mrt is coming up soon in Amber area. It might not make any impression to these buyers as most have a car.

Good luck to your future condo purchase and your analysis of the condo market.

A picture tells a thousand words... This is 711 sq ft. I pity those 600+ sq ft 2 bedder.

I am always interested in Aristo. Interested as in wondering why people buy despite this kind of layout. And no, I won't buy.
    This is not the only layout offered at The Aristo. The 808 sq.ft and 646 sq.ft layout are better. I know the 711 sq.ft has more than generous balcony space. However, bear in mind some condos also have excessive wastage on aircon ledge area, kitchen yard and bomb shelter but this development doesnt have all these.

Instead, it invested on a bigger balcony space which some buyers would prefer if the view is sea facing.

I admit these Aristo units are small, but they are more like serviced apartment with a concierge service on the ground floor in the conservation house and club facilities on the 14th floor. So its target market are different.

And if you work out a 646 sq.ft area for a small 2 bedroom unit selling at $1600 psf i.e $1 million is really a bargain for that location and freehold with sea facing. U can never find this kind of price for a new freehold 2 bedroom with sea facing anymore in this location. My years of experience as an agent is telling me that The Aristo will cross the $2000 psf soon after TOP.

Extract from ks thread,

Strait times, 20th sep

SALES executive Mr Teo loves his new Kembangan Suites apartment's proximity to coffee shops and shopping malls but not the condo's mechanised carpark.

He is not alone in feeling that way, saying that some neighbours have even tried - unsuccessfully - asking the management of nearby buildings if they could pay for season parking in their carparks.

What irks Mr Teo, 60, is that the waiting time for the system to retrieve the car is about seven minutes. He does not want his full name to be used for fear of upsetting the condo management.

'Imagine how much longer it gets in the morning when other residents are all queuing, trying to retrieve their cars.'

The apartment uses a horizontal parking system in the underground carpark. Mr Teo pays $50 a month to use it.

Aristo@amber mech carpk , i think ...same problem w mech carpk