Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 491419242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1216

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157 View Post
    that's a lot of water per unit. why did you assume a 10ton figure? is the planter box depth that deep?
    for that, have to ask shawn. that's why i directed my question at him.

i remembered about BJ wanting to dipping pool in his condo.
    http://www.condosingapore.com/forums...4&postcount=42
    his planter is 3*1*0.45, that is about 1.5m3, or 1.5 ton of water.

to my untrained eye, the planter looks huge, although 10ton of water is an over-exaggeration.
    type B is 75sqm. the dimensions looks like 8m x 9m.
    planter is like 7m x 1m. if depth is 0.5m. then volume is 3.5m3 or 3.5ton of water.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post

to my untrained eye, the planter looks huge, although 10ton of water is an over-exaggeration.

heh, 10ton would turn it into a lap pool. having said so, can't really dip in a 50cm deep pool - maybe for kids or a huge pond for koi?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    This is a very small project with only 56 units. There are not many sellers..I can only count within one hand those who are seriously wanting to sell. In addition, the sellers are not going to sell cheap either. In addition, last year 2012, almost 12 Aristo units change hands. These units once change hand cannot be resold for at least 3 years due to the new laws. Many other sellers just want to rent out or to stay and not even considering of selling after the introduction of the new laws. So I am afraid there arent much sellers in the market anymore with regards to the Aristo except for a handful. You can say whatever u want but I am just telling u the facts.
    This is the summary: location is superb but the layout of all the units sucks bigtime... n also not forgetting the direct afternoon sun for stack 2, 3 n 4.

Yup. View should be quite good for high floors. We are just stating facts here. At least we are honest. We don't twist facts like some agent here. This kind of layout is crap. Waste of precious land.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
    This is the summary: location is superb but the layout of all the units sucks bigtime... n also not forgetting the direct afternoon sun for stack 2, 3 n 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply East View Post
    Personally I find coralis near i12 not bad as it is near to the malls and in between Katong and marine parade road. But when next year comes there will be more choices. Aristo is nearer to east coast!!! Another plus point. The shore 2BR facing units might not be the best since it is usually reserved for the bigger units.
    Even Coralis has just obtained TOP. Still waiting for Aristo TOP to take a look at the interior. Sigh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Sure. Why not.. Here you go. See the incredibly big balcony, planters and bay windows as compared with the total size of the unit. Easily 30 to 40%.

See the room size as well. Would anyone want to be in a room which could fit just ONE BED? No tables, nothing. You will be lucky if you have space to walk properly.

And you mention "conservation house build and designed by James Bidwell, the architect of Raffles Hotel, Goodwood Park Hotel and National Theatre. James Bidwell only did one residential project in his whole lifetime in Singapore and that is The Aristo". Talk so much then sell $900 psf. Btw, I can't find anything regarding him designing Aristo. You want to show some proof on this?

Well at least these 3 layouts are better than the Stack 1 that you have shown earlier. In addition, they dont have bomb shelter, kitchen yard and a huge aircon ledge. Why dont u add up all these together with a balcony and see how huge can that be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Simply East View Post
    Even Coralis has just obtained TOP. Still waiting for Aristo TOP to take a look at the interior. Sigh!!!!
    Aristo is not like many other condos. It has a conservation house which also needs clearance from certain bodies before TOP. It takes a longer time as expected. But it is coming. Patience is worth it.

If you compare Coralis with Aristo, there is no comparison in terms of facing and view. Coralis sea view is mostly blocked by HDB flats and Parc Seabreeze. Aristo especially the high floor Stack 1, 2, and 3 have almost unblocked seaview and the sea is very near. I went up so I know what I am talking about.

Of course you got to pay a high price for the high floor units. My estimation is around $1700-2000psf for the high floors with a good seaview.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post

Thanks FIAT500 or Thomastan...both are the same person hahaha

Yup. View should be quite good for high floors. We are just stating facts here. At least we are honest. We don't twist facts like some agent here. This kind of layout is crap. Waste of precious land.
    Haha I dont see it as a waste of land. I find it a modern design suitable for the high end lifestyle consumers, not a crappy person like u stuck in a big cave-like dwellling like HDB or those old condos near Pasir Ris.

To some people, they dont like big balcony but to some its nice especially if it has a seaview. To a crappy person like u, you should just stay in HDB which has no planter box, no balcony, no bay window.

You can continue to make your contributions here at this Aristo forum. It will become so obvious that you are a SOURGRAPE

56 units took 5 to 6 years to build????? Wow...

Thomastan doesnt seem to want to accept my explanation earlier that Aristo started construction only in 2010. And in addition, the conservation house in front makes the task of construction even harder and slower at the small site. I rest my case. This kind of people just want to find reasons to bring down other people condo so they can buy cheap cheap. It wont happen la.

Thomastan doesnt seem to want to accept my explanation earlier that Aristo started construction only in 2010. And in addition, the conservation house in front makes the task of construction even harder and slower at the small site. I rest my case. This kind of people just want to find reasons to bring down other people condo so they can buy cheap cheap. It wont happen la.
    why does construction started so late in 2010? whatever happened between launch date and 2010?

why does construction started so late in 2010? whatever happened between launch date and 2010?

They open showflat in late 2008/early 2009 mah...they need some time to sell the units mah. And there is also the contending issue on the Butterfly House and how its going to be preserved. So construction started in 2010

2008/2009 wasnt a good time for property not like 2011/2012 or even now. But still Aristo is almost fully sold within a year. They did better than The Cape, its neighbour, which still has 12 units unsold after 2 years launch.

No bomb shelter, kitchen yard, aircon ledge = good layout?

Bomb shelter is more useful than planters. Can be used as store room.
    Kitchen yard is definitely more useful than bay windows.

Lastly, you are right about how huge. When 40% of the house is taken up by bay windows, balcony and planters, you know you have a serious problem.

Well at least these 3 layouts are better than the Stack 1 that you have shown earlier. In addition, they dont have bomb shelter, kitchen yard and a huge aircon ledge. Why dont u add up all these together with a balcony and see how huge can that be ?

At least HDB is spacious. You buy 90 sqm, you get 90 sqm. Here, you buy 700 sq ft, 300 sq ft is balcony + planters + bay windows. Left 400 sq ft 2 bedroom. Walk also big problem. This kind of house, never mind la. Why torture yourself....

Haha I dont see it as a waste of land. I find it a modern design suitable for the high end lifestyle consumers, not a crappy person like u stuck in a big cave-like dwellling like HDB or those old condos near Pasir Ris.

To some people, they dont like big balcony but to some its nice especially if it has a seaview. To a crappy person like u, you should just stay in HDB which has no planter box, no balcony, no bay window.

You can continue to make your contributions here at this Aristo forum. It will become so obvious that you are a SOURGRAPE

They open showflat in late 2008/early 2009 mah...they need some time to sell the units mah. And there is also the contending issue on the Butterfly House and how its going to be preserved. So construction started in 2010

2008/2009 wasnt a good time for property not like 2011/2012 or even now. But still Aristo is almost fully sold within a year. They did better than The Cape, its neighbour, which still has 12 units unsold after 2 years launch.
    checking squarefoot, the cumulative takeup 62.5% by jan 2009.
    still cannot start project meh 62% already sold by jan 2009

also 92% sold by jun 2009. also cannot start construction?

No thanks. This kind of layout, I will give it a miss. As I said, a picture tells a thousand words. People can see the layout when it TOP also. High floors, I have no doubt people will buy for its views. Low floor, I am not sure. Anyway, developer lowered its price to $900 psf. I am sure owners would have made some money (Sorry, first batch buyers. You are pretty much screwed).

Sell in 2008, start construction in 2010. 2 years delay.

Then took a full 3 years to build such a small, tiny 56 units project. 3 years? You kidding me? Marina Bay Suites start selling in 2010, now TOP already.

When the developer cut its price from 1700 psf to 900 psf, you know you have a problem.

The project was launched in Jun 2008 @ 1700 psf ++.

I don't see Silversea reducing its price. Only increasing and preserving owner's interest.

Smile

When the developer cut its price from 1700 psf to 900 psf, you know you have a problem.

I don't see Silversea reducing its price. Only increasing and preserving owner's interest.
    Haha somebody become SOURGRAPE already cause he never buy at $900psf...or else now he could easily sell double making a 100% gain.

Hahaha high floor and low floor can never be the same my dear dear Thomastan...all the $1700psf are on the topmost floor and only about 5-6 units are transacted at that psf before the Singapore property market crash. The rest of the units are sold mostly around $900-1100psf.

I guess he regretted for not buying at 900psf or else now he be sitting on a big heap of gold.

Hahaha thats Far East they will always sell at high price. Why dont u go buy SilverSea then.

Even Marina Bay Residence was sold at a discount in 2008/2009. I was offered $1400psf for a 35th floor 1 bedroom unit at Marina Bay Residence that time. Now the same unit probably selling abover $2500psf.

The butterfly house was converted to become the showroom. On top of that they have a Physical showroom with the actual Stack 2 unit layout although this is only a 56 unit development. Nowadays where can u find small development with actual showroom ? To dismantle the showroom and the butterfly house will not be a good idea before they sell most of their units. They start demolishing the showroom and the back part of the conservation house in December 2009.

Piling work starts in March 2010.

If you want my honest opinion, its better to get a developer who does his work properly ensuring the units are properly finished with good workmanship rather than a developer who rushes to finish a unit ending up with so many defects. U know what I mean. I went up to see a unit at The Aristo so I know what I am talking about. This developer is just super fussy. They make sure the contractor finishes all the work in all due course.
    Last edited by Shawn; 14-09-13 at 14:16.

The butterfly house was converted to become the showroom. On top of that they have a Physical showroom with the actual Stack 2 unit layout although this is only a 56 unit development. Nowadays where can u find small development with actual showroom ? To dismantle the showroom and the butterfly house will not be a good idea before they sell most of their units. They start demolishing the showroom and the back part of the conservation house in December 2009.

Piling work starts in March 2010.......
    fair enough. yet in June 2009, already sold off 92%, according to squarefoot.
    thats a good 6 months between 92% sold and demolishing showroom.

i do agree the part about quality though. have to let the concrete sweat it out. if not, will bring about many problems later.

fair enough. yet in June 2009, already sold off 92%, according to squarefoot.
    thats a good 6 months between 92% sold and demolishing showroom.

i do agree the part about quality though. have to let the concrete sweat it out. if not, will bring about many problems later.
    Well i do agree with u that this developer is a bit slow in construction. But we have to acknowledge that there is this conservation house in front of the construction site. So this slows up the whole construction process, not to mention the application procedure for TOP will become even more complicated as they need to go through various bodies for approval.

But after going up to see the actual unit just few weeks ago, I am just lost for words. The workmanship is good. I seen a lot of other condos...they finish completing the project in 2 years but some of the workmanship is horrendous and after u take possession u need to spend half a year rectifying the defects.

Well i do agree with u that this developer is a bit slow in construction. But we have to acknowledge that there is this conservation house in front of the construction site. So this slows up the whole construction process, not to mention the application procedure for TOP will become even more complicated as they need to go through various bodies for approval.

But after going up to see the actual unit just few weeks ago, I am just lost for words. The workmanship is good. I seen a lot of other condos...they finish completing the project in 2 years but some of the workmanship is horrendous and after u take possession u need to spend half a year rectifying the defects.

Again pure speculation and salesman talk. Honestly, why not go chinatown sell snake oil? I am sure you will sell more oil than property.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Again pure speculation and salesman talk. Honestly, why not go chinatown sell snake oil? I am sure you will sell more oil than property.

Hiyo Ringo moves to Aristo forum. I not salesman talk. U are the snake oil man la...u claim east coast going to be reclaimed so u thought with your lame talk, people will get frightened to buy east coast.

2000sf unit with 400sf of balcony is luxury living.
    800sf unit with 400sf of balcony is luxury wanabe. Lol

I rather they TOP 1 yr earlier with some defects than 1 yr later with no defects.
    At least I collect my 1 yr rental 1st.

I prefer my D1 unit.

Haha somebody become SOURGRAPE already cause he never buy at $900psf...or else now he could easily sell double making a 100% gain.

Hahaha high floor and low floor can never be the same my dear dear Thomastan...all the $1700psf are on the topmost floor and only about 5-6 units are transacted at that psf before the Singapore property market crash. The rest of the units are sold mostly around $900-1100psf.

I guess he regretted for not buying at 900psf or else now he be sitting on a big heap of gold.

1 to 2 years of rental is worth 10x of good workmanship. 3k x 24 months = 72k already. Anyway, slow doesn't mean good workmanship. Fast doesn't mean lousy. There is little correlation, if any.

Piling work starts in March 2010.

If you want my honest opinion, its better to get a developer who does his work properly ensuring the units are properly finished with good workmanship rather than a developer who rushes to finish a unit ending up with so many defects. U know what I mean. I went up to see a unit at The Aristo so I know what I am talking about. This developer is just super fussy. They make sure the contractor finishes all the work in all due course.

type B is 75sqm. the dimensions looks like 8m x 9m.
    planter is like 7m x 1m. if depth is 0.5m. then volume is 3.5m3 or 3.5ton of water.
    u memory very good arh. actually hor, i frankly think the planter box is too big leh. My one even empty until now, dunno what to do with it. Actually balcony big i dun mind, but planter in your project looks bigger than the balcony .

paiseh...to each his own, I just sharing my personal view only.

Hiyo Ringo moves to Aristo forum. I not salesman talk. U are the snake oil man la...u claim east coast going to be reclaimed so u thought with your lame talk, people will get frightened to buy east coast.
    maybe brother Shawn can suggest something to do with the planter box, like put planks on top can bo? Or later under the planks will have water or pests problem?

because I am interested in a unit here but the planter size really giving me a big problem in deciding leh.