Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    dumb? who's the one that said it's worth paying 2000psf for a useless grand entrance??
    I guess you know nothing about the architect and the project.

Next year go and checkout Aristo

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Many people didn't realize the downside of buy a property with conserved house(s). They will know once they have lived for 10 years or more. The cost to conserve and maintain the conserved house(s) according to the rules and regulations and requirements under the conservation law means that they will end up paying an arm and a leg in maintenance fund to maintain that conserved house(s) (conserved by government but end up expenses paid by the strata title owners!).

Another good example is The Wharf Residences. Go and find out how much is their maintenance fund despite the large number of units in the estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

Dude I been living in eastside for 10 over years.

ECP is one of the best expressways less frequent to jams compared to PIE or BKE or CTE

I am slightly closer to city. I use the nicoll highway. I still need 10 min to city. Is it possible to make it to city within 10 minutes at 8am as you have mentioned earllier?

I used to travel along ECP in the morning towards the city, at morning peak hours (and evening peak hours from city towards East Coast), the traffic was jammed like hell! I had also used CTE before and I can bet that they are really not much difference. Just to travel from Fort Road entrance into ECP and to arrive in Shenton Way takes me >15 mins!

Dude I been living in eastside for 10 over years.

ECP is one of the best expressways less frequent to jams compared to PIE or BKE or CTE

If you take forever to get to work, you are definitely a later riser who leave home after 8am. If you leave for work at 7.30am, 10 mins is possible.

What you are talking is non-peak hours. If this is the case, there are many other places to live that can get people to say Shenton Way within 10 mins any time of the day and don't have to even wake up early to avoid peak hours or leave workplace early or late just to avoid peak hours and don't have to pay ERP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SV88
    If you take forever to get to work, you are definitely a later riser who leave home after 8am. If you leave for work at 7.30am, 10 mins is possible.

why the heck am i paying $2000psf for a grand entrance? if the development depends on it to command that price, it's not even worth a dump. if u say i'm paying $2000psf for the location or whatever, fine. just don't say a bloody conserved grand entrance will entice people to pay that kind of price

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Another good example is The Wharf Residences. Go and find out how much is their maintenance fund despite the large number of units in the estate.
    Please share the monthly maintenance fund of Wharf Residences. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Many people didn't realize the downside of buy a property with conserved house(s). They will know once they have lived for 10 years or more. The cost to conserve and maintain the conserved house(s) according to the rules and regulations and requirements under the conservation law means that they will end up paying an arm and a leg in maintenance fund to maintain that conserved house(s) (conserved by government but end up expenses paid by the strata title owners!).

well its a small grand entrance I dont think maintenance costs will go to the sky . Most important is the concept of The Aristo. Its beautiful grand entrance is one of its only kind in Singapore.

No where else can such concept be found.

And to top it all, The Aristo has sea views as good as SilverSea. And a beautiful infinity edge pool on the 14 floor.

And it only has 56 units.

How do u define luxury then ?

Luxury is when people are willing to pay >$2400 psf now to buy the property. Let's see whether the grand entrance can make Aristo becomes "luxury".

well its a small grand entrance I dont think maintenance costs will go to the sky . Most important is the concept of The Aristo. Its beautiful grand entrance is one of its only kind in Singapore.

No where else can such concept be found.

And to top it all, The Aristo has sea views as good as SilverSea. And a beautiful infinity edge pool on the 14 floor.

And it only has 56 units.

How do u define luxury then ?

checked out propertyguru. the transactions back in july/aug 2008 were at $1600-1700psf, but now it's $1200+psf.

not sure if the comparison is accurate as it could be units of different sizes. does anyone have any idea what's the psf at launch?

It was $1600-1700psf at the launch.

checked out propertyguru. the transactions back in july/aug 2008 were at $1600-1700psf, but now it's $1200+psf.

not sure if the comparison is accurate as it could be units of different sizes. does anyone have any idea what's the psf at launch?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It was $1600-1700psf at the launch.
    OMG !!

Selling at loss?

BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Selling at loss?
    It was fortunate that we did not commit one at that time.

Does it means that its considered a good buy now, since OA is already selling at $1.5Kpsf?

It was fortunate that we did not commit one at that time.

You have to really study the floorplan carefully to see if it is good for you or your prospective tenants. We did not like it but it may be suitable for you.
    Does it means that its considered a good buy now, since OA is already selling at $1.5Kpsf?

Got what you mean with those supersize planter & balcony.

You have to really study the floorplan carefully to see if it is good for you or your prospective tenants. We did not like it but it may be suitable for you.

guess now it's more like a normalization, trending downwards to the average psf for the amber area.

come to think of it, 1600-1700psf is pretty steep even during the launch time when everything was still rosy, albeit about to sputter and die.

just wonder how much was amber residences' psf at its launch. that's another expensive project as i recollect during the downturn a year ago, the remaining units were being priced by the developer at 1100-1200psf

So u know now the huge potential of the Aristo once its Top.

The earlier units sold at $1600 during the good economic times in 2008. By mid 2009, all Aristo units were sold as developer dropped the price to $1,000 to $1,100 psf due to the financial crisis in 2009. Not only Aristo but everywhere is cheap in early 2009.

As such, there is not much sales activity left for the Aristo now as all units sold. Subsale is slow as this condo is not Top yet .

Once it TOP it will be too late to buy as I expect the units to sell from $1,500 psf to $2,000 psf .

Smile

Got what you mean with those supersize planter & balcony.
    Well with a beautiful sea and marina bay view, it will be good to have a balcony compared to having a household shelter and a kitchen yard; in both cases Aristo units do not have.

I am sure the condo you buy have a household shelter and a useless kitchen yard.

guess now it's more like a normalization, trending downwards to the average psf for the amber area.

come to think of it, 1600-1700psf is pretty steep even during the launch time when everything was still rosy, albeit about to sputter and die.

just wonder how much was amber residences' psf at its launch. that's another expensive project as i recollect during the downturn a year ago, the remaining units were being priced by the developer at 1100-1200psf
    U are such an idiot.

The remanding units usually are lousy units on low floors with no sea views. As such its always much cheaper.

why don't u compare the prices of Aalto, Silver Sea and Coralis or Shore Residence with new existing units? They are all located within the same vicinity.

U are such an idiot.

The remanding units usually are lousy units on low floors with no sea views. As such its always much cheaper.

why don't u compare the prices of Aalto, Silver Sea and Coralis or Shore Residence with new existing units? They are all located within the same vicinity.
    Hi buddy,

I think its a good 10-15 mins road march from Coralis to Aalto? In that respect, marina bay and Duxten area also same vincinity?

I am sure the condo you buy have a household shelter and a useless kitchen yard.
    Neither!

U are such an idiot.

hello moron, learn to follow the earlier posts in the thread.

i've already mentioned in a prior post that the comparison may not be accurate as there are different unit sizes and facing.

learn to read before you start calling names. basic knowledge like this is a given.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but looks like only Stack 2 has the view of the sea & marina bay. As Stack 1 will be blocked by Silversea and Stack 3 & 4 are both North facing. And perhaps the MBR of Stack 3 will also get the sea with marina bay view.

Well with a beautiful sea and marina bay view, it will be good to have a balcony compared to having a household shelter and a kitchen yard; in both cases Aristo units do not have.

I don't think so. Other projects have already recover back to 2007 peak level. Or not far from there. But if developer down price, then those early buyers will suffer. Like far east, I don't see them lowering their prices by that much in the crisis. They just stop selling. At least, you know the value will go back to developer prices during up turn. Now, people are just thinking that Aristo was sold by developer at 1100 psf and thus, the pathetic psf now. That is a 40% discount which is suicidal for those who bought in 2007 peak.

I mean, just look at other projects. Silversea, one amber, clift, esta, seaview etc. Silversea is the best comparison. Launched around 1400 to 1500 initially after discount, then during crisis, lower to 1300 but that is about it. Now, 1600 psf. Can you imagine silversea discount 40% to 900 psf, then people will always think silversea is 900 psf.

So must buy with your eyes open wide and big.

So u know now the huge potential of the Aristo once its Top.

The earlier units sold at $1600 during the good economic times in 2008. By mid 2009, all Aristo units were sold as developer dropped the price to $1,000 to $1,100 psf due to the financial crisis in 2009. Not only Aristo but everywhere is cheap in early 2009.

As such, there is not much sales activity left for the Aristo now as all units sold. Subsale is slow as this condo is not Top yet .

Once it TOP it will be too late to buy as I expect the units to sell from $1,500 psf to $2,000 psf .

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I don't think so. Other projects have already recover back to 2007 peak level. Or not far from there. But if developer down price, then those early buyers will suffer. Like far east, I don't see them lowering their prices by that much in the crisis. They just stop selling. At least, you know the value will go back to developer prices during up turn. Now, people are just thinking that Aristo was sold by developer at 1100 psf and thus, the pathetic psf now. That is a 40% discount which is suicidal for those who bought in 2007 peak.

I mean, just look at other projects. Silversea, one amber, clift, esta, seaview etc. Silversea is the best comparison. Launched around 1400 to 1500 initially after discount, then during crisis, lower to 1300 but that is about it. Now, 1600 psf. Can you imagine silversea discount 40% to 900 psf, then people will always think silversea is 900 psf.

So must buy with your eyes open wide and big.
    hmm, so is the launch price 1100psf or 1600-1700psf as another forumer had quoted? could be for units of different sizes too so erm well......

if we assume that the launch psf is 1100 and the recent subsale transaction is 1100psf and of similar floor size, then it's merely zero sum. though have to take into account inflation or interests incurred

this is the one with the mechanical carpark? shudder

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Hi buddy,

I think its a good 10-15 mins road march from Coralis to Aalto? In that respect, marina bay and Duxten area also same vincinity?
    I am comparing the Aristo with Coralis and Aristo with Aalto. Not distance between Coralis and Aalto . It takes 3 minutes walk from Aristo to Coralis. And 8 minutes walk from Aristo to Aalto. You can practically see both buildings clearly from Aristo.

The interesting fact is that Aristo enjoys similar sea views as those units at Aalto. While Coralis, another Far East project, doesn't even have proper sea views and Far East made it a 99 year lease project even though it has Freehold title. Only fools buy Far East project. And Silversea is a 99 year lease project with only 3 bedrooms having Sea views while 2 bedrooms are on lower floors. How thoughtful.

Duxton and Marina Bay are miles apart. Both in terms of location and sea views.