Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Aristo @ Amber (D15, FH)

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Sorry to disappoint you but my portfolio of properties are all above 1500sf in area and I play mainly in landed. I don't have a unit in Aristo as all the units (except the PH) are too small for my consideration.

I am merely posting what I know when I was doing an assessment of the views for The Seaview & surrounding apts for a friend. I posted this so that gullible buyers will be wary of agents like yourself who make all sorts of baseless claims.

Good luck on your attempts to market the puny units!
    Only an idiot will believe that you have no stake in the Aristo

If you are privileged to buy a penthouse, you would know that they have a different way to calculate pes areas and the psf is substantially lower than the psf for let's say a 2 or 1 bedder. Aristo is one of the few projects i was waiting for before, but when i saw the floorplan, i threw this project out of the window and i believe any sensible investor would do the same. I don't know what kind of psf you paid for your small unit, but if you are patient enuf to do some maths, take the area of your balcony, pes area, bay window and express that as a fraction of the total area of your unit and let us know what the fraction is. later, multiply that fraction with the price of the unit and you will get a rough figure of what you paid for those non-livable space. If you are taking mortgage, you may also wish to calculate the years you need to take to pay for those non-livable space. One other thing, please don't let us believe that you bought a unit with a gigantic balcony becoz you listened to some guy selling furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    You have a point but are you aware that demand for units with balconies and roof terraces are going faster than normal units?

One example is Waterbank At Dakota . All its penthouses and units with big balconies are sold even before official launch. This is because these units are on higher floors with good views. As such, having open terraces or big balconies is an added bonus. And foreigners do not stop short at paying higher psf even if these are what you term as 'non-livable" space.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    If you are privileged to buy a penthouse, you would know that they have a different way to calculate pes areas and the psf is substantially lower than the psf for let's say a 2 or 1 bedder. Aristo is one of the few projects i was waiting for before, but when i saw the floorplan, i threw this project out of the window and i believe any sensible investor would do the same. I don't know what kind of psf you paid for your small unit, but if you are patient enuf to do some maths, take the area of your balcony, pes area, bay window and express that as a fraction of the total area of your unit and let us know what the fraction is. later, multiply that fraction with the price of the unit and you will get a rough figure of what you paid for those non-livable space. If you are taking mortgage, you may also wish to calculate the years you need to take to pay for those non-livable space. One other thing, please don't let us believe that you bought a unit with a gigantic balcony becoz you listened to some guy selling furniture.
    bro relax...

this guy even worse den the 'x' at other forum...

when selling big balconies/roof terrace ...say lifestyle

no balcony: say max livable space...

typical sell wat say wat is gd

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bro relax...

who r u talking abt here?

the shocking part is he is a proclaimed huttons agents. i have spoken to huttons agents (of course referring to the top 10) who are very shrewd investors, but of course i can't say that for all.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bro relax...

are your talking abt shawn?

Only an idiot will believe that you have no stake in the Aristo
    Coming from an agent who says he has no vested interest and then goes on to say that he is merely marketing several units in the development. Hmmm, maybe those same idiots will believe you too.

I don't have any units in Aristo but its kinda fun to see some idiots making a fool of themselves in this thread.

Originally Posted by Shawn
    I don't have any vested interest in The Aristo but am merely marketing several units there.

Are you living in Singapore or Malaysia?

I am sure you are aware that current luxury developments like Alto, Seafront At Meyer all come with big balconies. The way you talk is as if its only applicable to Aristo which has this so called 'non-liveable space

Perhaps you should just consider buying a HDB which does not come with the luxuries of spacious balconies and bay windows.

It all depends on design, layout and concept. To me, I saw a unique design and concept in the Aristo. Aristo layout of its bedrooms and living area is pretty squarish and easy to fit furnitures etc. I have seen worst layouts with weird angles in the bedrooms etc in other condos.

And at a sales price of $1,250 psf now on average, it is certainly a steal for a freehold development in Amber Road. My advise to you, wait till end of this month and see what's the next asking price psf for new launches in Amber Road. See if its still $1,250 psf by then.

Talking about penthouses, one at Aalto was transacted at $3,000 psf a couple of years back and this included its huge roof terrace etc.. It is not true that penthouses are sold at a discount. Perhaps your statement might only be partly true for those penthouses at low floor developments at Telok Kurau which did not come with any views. Otherwise, everyone will be buying penthouses and not 4 bedroom units in places like The Seaview, One Amber etc. Who don't want to stay in a penthouse??

And to think you can even think of developer giving huge discount for penthouse is the biggest joke I ever heard in this forum.

Talking about penthouses, one at Aalto was transacted at $3,000 psf a couple of years back and this included its huge roof terrace etc.. It is not true that penthouses are sold at a discount. Perhaps your statement might only be partly true for those penthouses at low floor developments at Telok Kurau which did not come with any views. Otherwise, everyone will be buying penthouses and not 4 bedroom units in places like The Seaview, One Amber etc. Who don't want to stay in a penthouse??

And to think you can even think of developer giving huge discount for penthouse is the biggest joke I ever heard in this forum.

a lot of such prices are ONE OFF transaction to some ignorant foreigners... seriously any subsequent transaction with the same PSF ?
    or even close to that psf ? no .. it is becos market drop ? or what ?

PH with open terraces (non enclosed space) are calculated differently .. it averages out the psf of the whole unit ..and hence its lower .. NOT A DISCOUNT

IF Alto sets the benchmark, then every PH on Meyer will be commanding 3000 psf .. there are still many units on Seafront, big units with big balcony, with IR and seaview .. ..not even close to 2300 psf ... go check it out ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    a lot of such prices are ONE OFF transaction to some ignorant foreigners... seriously any subsequent transaction with the same PSF ?
    I don't think you can use the word "ignorant" to describe these foreign penthouse purchasers.

Some of them have more money than can be spent in a hundred generations (does that sound like someone here with the same initials as you? ).

To them, their properties are like their watch collections and worth every cent they pay. I don't think they intend to sell them either. They're probably even more devout PROPERTISTS than I.

Incidentally I notice that some recent launches are called "collections", e.g. Holland Collection, Grange Collection, which reminds me of what you said once ...

true .. my friends in law ( chinese) own golf courses around the world .

they live in a 7000 sqft townhouse in singapore ( father mother and a maid) ..they own scotts 28 (gave to the son ) .. they bought 7 units at residences@evelyn ( 1 gave to the daughter as her wedding gift ) .. they rest are kept empty .. so how to beat them ?

i like the term Collectibles

say, at $3000psf for a penthouse, won't i be able to comfortably afford a landed property around mountbatten or holland area? if we assume the penthouse is, let's figure a theoretical figure, 2500sqft

PH with open terraces (non enclosed space) are calculated differently .. it averages out the psf of the whole unit ..and hence its lower .. NOT A DISCOUNT

IF Alto sets the benchmark, then every PH on Meyer will be commanding 3000 psf .. there are still many units on Seafront, big units with big balcony, with IR and seaview .. ..not even close to 2300 psf ... go check it out ..
    Saw somewhere in this forum.. that PH was bought by someone from HL...

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    doesn't matter who bought it. my point is with the same quantum spent, i can buy a decent landed property around holland or mountbatten area. i would definitely choose to do so than otherwise, buying a PH

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    I don't think you can use the word "ignorant" to describe these foreign penthouse purchasers.

Some of them have more money than can be spent in a hundred generations (does that sound like someone here with the same initials as you? ).

To them, their properties are like their watch collections and worth every cent they pay. I don't think they intend to sell them either. They're probably even more devout PROPERTISTS than I.

Incidentally I notice that some recent launches are called "collections", e.g. Holland Collection, Grange Collection, which reminds me of what you said once ...
    Yup.. richness beyond me...
    Someone just spent US$6mil on a Patek Philippe watch in a Christie auction.. and it looks amazingly similar to a retail Patek Philippe.. Just for the heritage and history..

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Yup.. richness beyond me...
    Someone just spent US$6mil on a Patek Philippe watch in a Christie auction.. and it looks amazingly similar to a retail Patek Philippe.. Just for the heritage and history..
    And Aristo is just like that watch. Its conservation house in front boasts of more than 100 years history with the same architect for Raffles Hotel, while the condo building is modern similar to what you can find at any other good class developments at Orchard Road . Hahaha just a word of inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    doesn't matter who bought it. my point is with the same quantum spent, i can buy a decent landed property around holland or mountbatten area. i would definitely choose to do so than otherwise, buying a PH
    That's your own personal choice. People who bought penthouses are the supra rich who own many other houses or condos.

To stay on top of a building with only the sky the limit is a world of difference compared to landed house.

That's your own personal choice. People who bought penthouses are the supra rich who own many other houses or condos.

To stay on top of a building with only the sky the limit is a world of difference compared to landed house.
    sure with only sky's the limit and the rest of the neighbouring condos too. this development is blocked on all sides, and why am i paying that quantum to look at the sky? can i pay the same amount for a bungalow in holland with a garden where i can lay on the grass and look at the sky?

aren't those who buy landed properties "supra" (is this even english?) rich and own many other houses or condos too, going by your argument?

It will be ideal if the penthouse is way above all the other neighbouring buildings. The penthouse at Aristo may not have privacy with the higher floor neighour (Silversea).

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    sure with only sky's the limit and the rest of the neighbouring condos too. this development is blocked on all sides, and why am i paying that quantum to look at the sky? can i pay the same amount for a bungalow in holland with a garden where i can lay on the grass and look at the sky?

aren't those who buy landed properties "supra" (is this even english?) rich and own many other houses or condos too, going by your argument?
    I think its no use talking to a person like you. Just a waste of time. You may as well buy your Holland V bungalow. And stop posting in this condo based site.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk

ok wrong choice of word ..i should not use 'ignorant' ..

my point is .. has there been ANY MORE transaction of big units along Meyer that went thru at 3000 psf ??

not that i am aware of ...

so it is a ONE OFF transaction for now ..

and IF PH huge terraces and big balconies are the likings of the rich people... then we should see MORE 3000 psf traded for the PH / or big balcony units there .... right ?

since theres only 1 trade ...does it mean theres only 1 rich person ?
    or does it mean ONLY THAT 1 person like huge balcony and big terraces ?

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Wow! so big planter! even bigger than balcony! Planter every where, baywindow every where. The Worse, give big big bay window in living room some more! too much lah! 711 sqft, i wonder how much is the actual can-be used floor area? 500 sqft? 350 spft?
    Can build study room at the balcony?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    definitely impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    definitely impossible.
    Anyone knows if it is possible to install a ceiling fan in the balcony?

And also if i can put up blinds or satin sheets as a sun shade in the balcony?

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Anyone knows if it is possible to install a ceiling fan in the balcony?

And also if i can put up blinds or satin sheets as a sun shade in the balcony?
    of coz u can as long as there's a power point on the ceiling.
    blinds or sun shades should be no problem also....
    only stack 3 n 4 will get the west sun fyi

I suppose anything that is protruding will not be allowed? eg an extended shade, especially to keep rain out?
    I can imagine that a big balcony is not too bad if well designed.
    Anyone know of any contractor specialising in balcony design/renovation?

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Sure why dont u design study room at your kitchen yard instead ?? Hahaha it will look nice and while u study, u can smell the aroma of food. Or perhaps in the bomb shelterb with the door closed. Ultimately u will go mad studying in the bomb shelter.

I hope u got my hint by now...

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    of coz u can as long as there's a power point on the ceiling.
    blinds or sun shades should be no problem also....
    only stack 3 n 4 will get the west sun fyi
    It will be plain stupidity to install ceiling fan at a unit at the Aristo bearing in mind that this condo is located just 200 metres away from the sea shore. It should be very windy.

And all units at Aristo will get either morning sun or afternoon sun from an angle. It doesnt matter cause Singapore weather nowadays is hardly sunny throughout or rainy throughout. Having a bit of sun and a bit of rain is no longer an issue nowadays.

Through my 10 years experience as an agent, many buyers nowadays have no issue on direction of sun as long as the units they bought have good views. Main criteria is layout, design and quality of furnishes. In fact, units that do not have any sun at all is presumably dark badly-lit units and extremely undesirable.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Coming from an agent who says he has no vested interest and then goes on to say that he is merely marketing several units in the development. Hmmm, maybe those same idiots will believe you too.

I don't have any units in Aristo but its kinda fun to see some idiots making a fool of themselves in this thread.
    Well from your posts in other sites here which I have noticed, it is obvious you own a unit at The Aristo and my guess it should be Stack 1.

You made a big mistake to underestimate my capability of analysing your statements. Dude, you are relatively inexperienced.