Thread: D-Pavilion (D19, Freehold, MCL Land)

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default D-Pavilion (D19, Freehold, MCL Land)

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...87712,00.html?

Published July 15, 2008

Condo sales at showflats tapering off

One developer blames Livia's pricing for 'spoiling' other projects' sales

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

WHILE City Developments managed to sell 96 units last week at its Livia condo at Pasir Ris, developers of most other projects suffered rapidly declining sales at their showflats.

Woodsville 28: When Frasers Centrepoint previews its project this weekend, the stakes for nearby Kovan Residences are expected to go up

At least one developer blamed Livia's attractive pricing - $650 psf on average - for 'spoiling' sales of other projects, while others said a tapering off was to be expected given negative news flows from overseas on the state of the financial and stock markets.

Developers and property agents generally reported still strong turnouts at showflats last weekend, although take-up slowed.

Sim Lian sold 19 units last week at its Clover By The Park condo in Bishan, less than the 59-unit sales it achieved in the preceding week. To date, Sim Lian has sold 273 of the total 616 units in the project. 'That's almost 45 per cent of a large project in just three weeks; that's quite an achievement given current market sentiment,' Sim Lian Group executive director Diana Kuik said when approached by BT.

The 99-year leasehold project's average price remains at $750 psf.

Sim Lian also sold a unit at The Amery, a freehold project in the Telok Kurau area, last week - again a less sparkling performance than the four units it sold a week earlier.

Next to Geylang River, NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee found buyers for another nine units at Dakota Residences last weekend. This brings total sales to 170 units in the 99-year project, which has an average price of about $980 psf.

Over in the Kovan MRT Station vicinity, the developer of Kovan Residences sold about 20 units last week, bringing total sales to over 100 units since the 99-year project was previewed at a private party on June 28. The average price is somewhere in the $870-900 psf range. Nearby, MCL Land sold another three units at its D-Pavilion, a freehold project priced at $900 psf on average last week. This was a slower sales rate than initial sales of 10 units the preceding weekend.

The stakes will go up for these two developers when Frasers Centrepoint previews this weekend its Woodsville 28 near Potong Pasir MRT Station - which is three MRT stops closer to town than Kovan MRT Station.

The 110-unit condo will have an average price of $880 psf. The 99-year leasehold development comprises two 17-storey blocks.

'The two- and three-bedder units, with respective average sizes of 883 sq ft and 1,195 sq ft, are about 5 to 6 per cent smaller than conventional units as we've adjusted our sizes to fit the profile of the market we're targeting - those just starting their families or young couples who want to stay near the city and even retirees.

'Two-bedroom apartments start at $700,000 and three-bedders from just over $1 million,' says Frasers Centrepoint Homes chief operating officer Cheang Kok Kheong.

CDL's spokeswoman said Livia saw strong take-up of various unit types last week, especially two- and three-bedders. 'The four-bedroom apartments were purchased either for owner occupation or rental potential in view of United World College's East Campus coming up in the vicinity.

'The project's average price remains $650 psf, with prices for certain unit types and facing being upped by 1-3 per cent for the latest release of 120 units last weekend,' she added.

The 96 units sold at Livia last week contrasted with sales of 160 units in the preceding week when CDL previewed the 99-year leasehold project, resulting in total sales of 256 units. So far, 320 of the condo's total 724 units have been released.

A veteran property consultant said: 'Crowds were generally still very good at showflats last weekend, though take-up has slowed. In any development, demand for 30-40 per cent of units comes from the surrounding population catchment. Usually that's the case, good or bad times.

'Once sales in a project launch hits a certain percentage from this catchment demand, developers have to attract people from other parts of Singapore. That's a tougher job, with a lot more convincing to be done compared with selling to people who already know the area.'

Another problem is that buyers are unsure of the property market's direction. 'Even when there are attractively priced projects, potential buyers worry if property prices will go down further. They also ask themselves whether they really need to upgrade; they worry about the economy and their jobs. The bad news coming out from financial institutions in the US is a big concern,' a property agent said.

On a more positive note, Sim Lian's Ms Kuik said: 'If you have a good product in a location where there's a pool of buyers and if your pricing is reasonable, there will be take-up.'

Was at D'Pavillion showflat yesterday, the sales agent mention they are not even softlaunch yet but the showflat was opened. Strange.

There is only one showflat and is largely unimpressive.

Considering it is a 50 units condo, the facilities is pretty limited. One small gym, bbq pit and a small "lap" pool less than 20 metres.

Pricing wise for a two bedder of 969sq ft, average is approx $939psf. I was quite disappointed at the quality of the finishes provided. Compressed marble for living room and ceramic tiles for Master bath. To buy a property at close to S$1mil , I think MCL should at least be providing marble/granite for Masterbath. As usual huge balcony space and bay window makes the whole place looks smaller.

Wouldn't recommand to anyone who drives as the traffic along the stretch of road is terrible too. I was expecting a higher quality development but in the end, I was quite disappointed.

Well Said Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Was at D'Pavillion showflat yesterday, the sales agent mention they are not even softlaunch yet but the showflat was opened. Strange.

There is only one showflat and is largely unimpressive.

Considering it is a 50 units condo, the facilities is pretty limited. One small gym, bbq pit and a small "lap" pool less than 20 metres.

Pricing wise for a two bedder of 969sq ft, average is approx $939psf. I was quite disappointed at the quality of the finishes provided. Compressed marble for living room and ceramic tiles for Master bath. To buy a property at close to S$1mil , I think MCL should at least be providing marble/granite for Masterbath. As usual huge balcony space and bay window makes the whole place looks smaller.

Wouldn't recommand to anyone who drives as the traffic along the stretch of road is terrible too. I was expecting a higher quality development but in the end, I was quite disappointed.
    well said, same opinion as u. Nowadays the developers are trying to rip off buyers other than the flippers. High price with low quality furnishings...gd luck to them....anyway, do take a look at Charlton Villa if u can pay abit more...its worth the $$$ spent.

KK1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Well Said
    well said, same opinion as u. Nowadays the developers are trying to rip off buyers other than the flippers. High price with low quality furnishings...gd luck to them....anyway, do take a look at Charlton Villa if u can pay abit more...its worth the $$$ spent.
    Anyone know how's sales so far? Finishing quality quite subjective. How can this be compared to Charlton which is at least 50% more in price tag? Comparing apples to oranges. A bit talk cock.

only 10%~20% sold ... agreed it is over price

KK1 Guest

Has developer lower prices for this project?

toady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KK1
    Anyone know how's sales so far? Finishing quality quite subjective. How can this be compared to Charlton which is at least 50% more in price tag? Comparing apples to oranges. A bit talk cock.

been to the showroom during softlaunch, price really to high for the area, finishing really don't justified the psf price...... i always driving pass the showroom during weekends and i must say it is really quiet...... wit current financial crisis and property market starting to slow down, i think it will take a long time to sell their units.

Quote Originally Posted by toady
    been to the showroom during softlaunch, price really to high for the area, finishing really don't justified the psf price...... i always driving pass the showroom during weekends and i must say it is really quiet...... wit current financial crisis and property market starting to slow down, i think it will take a long time to sell their units.
    I concur. I am surprised that the prices have not dropped

Passby the site on Sunday. Anyone has the latest update on this project?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    I concur. I am surprised that the prices have not dropped
    was at the showflat yesterday...
    not at all impressive...
    can see from the construction that it is a really congested project...
    if you ask me,i would tell u dun waste your time there . ..

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...87712,00.html?

Published July 15, 2008

Condo sales at showflats tapering off

One developer blames Livia's pricing for 'spoiling' other projects' sales

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

WHILE City Developments managed to sell 96 units last week at its Livia condo at Pasir Ris, developers of most other projects suffered rapidly declining sales at their showflats.

Woodsville 28: When Frasers Centrepoint previews its project this weekend, the stakes for nearby Kovan Residences are expected to go up

At least one developer blamed Livia's attractive pricing - $650 psf on average - for 'spoiling' sales of other projects, while others said a tapering off was to be expected given negative news flows from overseas on the state of the financial and stock markets.

Developers and property agents generally reported still strong turnouts at showflats last weekend, although take-up slowed.

Sim Lian sold 19 units last week at its Clover By The Park condo in Bishan, less than the 59-unit sales it achieved in the preceding week. To date, Sim Lian has sold 273 of the total 616 units in the project. 'That's almost 45 per cent of a large project in just three weeks; that's quite an achievement given current market sentiment,' Sim Lian Group executive director Diana Kuik said when approached by BT.

The 99-year leasehold project's average price remains at $750 psf.

Sim Lian also sold a unit at The Amery, a freehold project in the Telok Kurau area, last week - again a less sparkling performance than the four units it sold a week earlier.

Next to Geylang River, NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee found buyers for another nine units at Dakota Residences last weekend. This brings total sales to 170 units in the 99-year project, which has an average price of about $980 psf.

Over in the Kovan MRT Station vicinity, the developer of Kovan Residences sold about 20 units last week, bringing total sales to over 100 units since the 99-year project was previewed at a private party on June 28. The average price is somewhere in the $870-900 psf range. Nearby, MCL Land sold another three units at its D-Pavilion, a freehold project priced at $900 psf on average last week. This was a slower sales rate than initial sales of 10 units the preceding weekend.

The stakes will go up for these two developers when Frasers Centrepoint previews this weekend its Woodsville 28 near Potong Pasir MRT Station - which is three MRT stops closer to town than Kovan MRT Station.

The 110-unit condo will have an average price of $880 psf. The 99-year leasehold development comprises two 17-storey blocks.

'The two- and three-bedder units, with respective average sizes of 883 sq ft and 1,195 sq ft, are about 5 to 6 per cent smaller than conventional units as we've adjusted our sizes to fit the profile of the market we're targeting - those just starting their families or young couples who want to stay near the city and even retirees.

'Two-bedroom apartments start at $700,000 and three-bedders from just over $1 million,' says Frasers Centrepoint Homes chief operating officer Cheang Kok Kheong.

CDL's spokeswoman said Livia saw strong take-up of various unit types last week, especially two- and three-bedders. 'The four-bedroom apartments were purchased either for owner occupation or rental potential in view of United World College's East Campus coming up in the vicinity.

'The project's average price remains $650 psf, with prices for certain unit types and facing being upped by 1-3 per cent for the latest release of 120 units last weekend,' she added.

The 96 units sold at Livia last week contrasted with sales of 160 units in the preceding week when CDL previewed the 99-year leasehold project, resulting in total sales of 256 units. So far, 320 of the condo's total 724 units have been released.

A veteran property consultant said: 'Crowds were generally still very good at showflats last weekend, though take-up has slowed. In any development, demand for 30-40 per cent of units comes from the surrounding population catchment. Usually that's the case, good or bad times.

'Once sales in a project launch hits a certain percentage from this catchment demand, developers have to attract people from other parts of Singapore. That's a tougher job, with a lot more convincing to be done compared with selling to people who already know the area.'

Another problem is that buyers are unsure of the property market's direction. 'Even when there are attractively priced projects, potential buyers worry if property prices will go down further. They also ask themselves whether they really need to upgrade; they worry about the economy and their jobs. The bad news coming out from financial institutions in the US is a big concern,' a property agent said.

On a more positive note, Sim Lian's Ms Kuik said: 'If you have a good product in a location where there's a pool of buyers and if your pricing is reasonable, there will be take-up.'
    if this is USA or any other country ..buyers can sue the developer for misrepresentation ....

Are you sure the project is surrounded by greenery ? no other building in sight ??

I just dropped by the new showflat.

Prices for a 4th floor, 3 bedroom is roughly above 950psf. Unit price was way above $1M.

They are going to relaunch the project. Not sure about new prices to come.

Quote Originally Posted by KSeet
    I just dropped by the new showflat.

Prices for a 4th floor, 3 bedroom is roughly above 950psf. Unit price was way above $1M.

They are going to relaunch the project. Not sure about new prices to come.
    That means more than SGD 1.2Mil for a 3 bedder.......can buy penthouse at other Kovan area with this money. Why MCL land so yaya papaya with it's pricing?

Finally have a chance to visit this showflat today with my wife.

The new showflat is using the actual ground storey unit for showroom purpose.

The current pricing is approximately S$900psf. If purchase on the spot, the lady agent showing us around mentioned that we will be given a further 2% discount off the psf thus bring the pricing to S$ 882psf.

Overall feel at the site feels kind of contemporary.....the buildings around quite old.....and with the busy Upper Serangoon road just besides the main stack, it just makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and frustrated to some extent.

Parking provided is exactly 50 lots to match the 50 units. When questioned the lady agent where my friends and relatives visiting me supposed to park, she immediately said not an issue as not everyone is back at the same time so there will always parking lots for visitors......I was totally stunned with the answer given and just smile away.

Bad points on this project:

(i)The master bedroom was a real disappointment. It offered the tiniest built in wardrobes I have ever come across so far. Of course, my wife frowned a lot when she opened the wardrobe door and stare inside....not a good sign....it means the wardrobes provided is the enemy of modern women. The lady agent said we can just move the bed directly besides the bay windows and that will create additional space to build more wardrobe. She mentioned that we can tear down the wall to the other normal bedroom and build a walk-in wardrobe.

(ii) The other 2 bedrooms are not too bad.....just that 1 of the bedroom is slightly smaller in size.

(iii) Kitchen is very small. The workmanship seems overly "simple".

(iv) Inadequate parking lots for visitors. Maybe visitors have to park along Upper Serangoon Road?

(v) Personally, don't feel right at this place. Feel frustrated throughout the entire visit. Maybe due to many moving vehicles along the main road when entering the site. Do not like projects so near main road. Bad for Feng Shui.

Good aspects:

(i)Unique and exclusive developments with only 50 units which thus offers much privacy.

(ii) Facilities include function room. This is rare for boutique developments. It thus offers plenty of chance to chat and network with fellow "rich" neighbours and to explore new business opportunities.

(iii) Basement carpark. Helps to protect cars from bird shit and acid rain.

(iv) Near to Kovan MRT. 10-12mins walk to Kovan MRT (but if rain good luck as not sheltered pavement to MRT)

(v) Near many interesting places to feast like Chomp Chomp and Punggol Nasi Lemak.

(vi) Masterbathroom unique. The bathtub and the large bay windows surrounding it makes it ultra cool.

don't waste time and money on this kind of project. buy at 882psf, at best value remains at this level ie no future potential.

get a small old landed unit in the area instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Finally have a chance to visit this showflat today with my wife.

The new showflat is using the actual ground storey unit for showroom purpose.

The current pricing is approximately S$900psf. If purchase on the spot, the lady agent showing us around mentioned that we will be given a further 2% discount off the psf thus bring the pricing to S$ 882psf.

Overall feel at the site feels kind of contemporary.....the buildings around quite old.....and with the busy Upper Serangoon road just besides the main stack, it just makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and frustrated to some extent.

Parking provided is exactly 50 lots to match the 50 units. When questioned the lady agent where my friends and relatives visiting me supposed to park, she immediately said not an issue as not everyone is back at the same time so there will always parking lots for visitors......I was totally stunned with the answer given and just smile away.

Bad points on this project:

(i)The master bedroom was a real disappointment. It offered the tiniest built in wardrobes I have ever come across so far. Of course, my wife frowned a lot when she opened the wardrobe door and stare inside....not a good sign....it means the wardrobes provided is the enemy of modern women. The lady agent said we can just move the bed directly besides the bay windows and that will create additional space to build more wardrobe. She mentioned that we can tear down the wall to the other normal bedroom and build a walk-in wardrobe.

(ii) The other 2 bedrooms are not too bad.....just that 1 of the bedroom is slightly smaller in size.

(iii) Kitchen is very small. The workmanship seems overly "simple".

(iv) Inadequate parking lots for visitors. Maybe visitors have to park along Upper Serangoon Road?

(v) Personally, don't feel right at this place. Feel frustrated throughout the entire visit. Maybe due to many moving vehicles along the main road when entering the site. Do not like projects so near main road. Bad for Feng Shui.

Good aspects:

(i)Unique and exclusive developments with only 50 units which thus offers much privacy.

(ii) Facilities include function room. This is rare for boutique developments. It thus offers plenty of chance to chat and network with fellow "rich" neighbours and to explore new business opportunities.

(iii) Basement carpark. Helps to protect cars from bird shit and acid rain.

(iv) Near to Kovan MRT. 10-12mins walk to Kovan MRT (but if rain good luck as not sheltered pavement to MRT)

(v) Near many interesting places to feast like Chomp Chomp and Punggol Nasi Lemak.

(vi) Masterbathroom unique. The bathtub and the large bay windows surrounding it makes it ultra cool.

Any knows how many units have been sold for this project? The URA website only listed one caveat lodged since Oct 08. Another minus point for this project is the name. Sounds like some hair salon or massage parlour to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Any knows how many units have been sold for this project? The URA website only listed one caveat lodged since Oct 08. Another minus point for this project is the name. Sounds like some hair salon or massage parlour to me.
    Perhaps u can check out the figures for August sales ... got sales price leh. It appears that even before the recent re-launch, a few sales were registered.

Yup, agree the name does sound like some salon

Thought this project was only launched about 2 weekends ago? Think could be the old development sales before it was rebuilt? But to retain the same condo name?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Thought this project was only launched about 2 weekends ago? Think could be the old development sales before it was rebuilt? But to retain the same condo name?
    Nope, it's relaunch ... can check tt out in URA.

Anyway, juz verified the median price in August >> 942psf (MCL managed to sell another 4).

Wow, can't imagine why people want to pay so high for this development. Just because it is freehold?

With just 50 units, I wonder what the maintenance fee will be like?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Wow, can't imagine why people want to pay so high for this development. Just because it is freehold?

With just 50 units, I wonder what the maintenance fee will be like?
    Yup besides its name soundling like salon & your concern about its smallness & maintenance fees ... maybe can name a few more .. e.g. near main road, OCR, etc. etc.

Kenshinto80, thanks for the comprehensive review.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

降温措施刚推出 新公寓仍出现人潮
    吴慧敏 + 蔡慧玲
    早报星期天
    星期天, 21-2-2010

Altez的示范单位昨天吸引了700多人前往参观,据说一天内卖出了大约10个单位,反应比前天预售时稍微好些。

政府再为楼市降温,但是一些示范单位还是出现相当热闹的人潮。例如昨天第一天正式推出的丹戎巴葛摩天共管公寓——Altez,就吸引了700多人前往参观。

消息透露,远东机构在昨天卖出大约10个Altez单位,反应比前天预售时稍微好些。据了解,其中5个单位(5 units)是由一名中年生意人(middle age businessman),以1000万($10 million)元扫下的(snapped up)。

至于高文地铁站(Kovan MRT Station)附近的D’Pavilion,记者在下午参观示范单位时,也不时有潜在买家走进来,现场大约有十多组买家。不过,一些已经推出较久、剩下单位不多的示范单位依旧门可罗雀,人潮跟上几个周末并没有明显差别。

对于政府最新宣布的房地产降温措施,昨天受访的公众反应不一。

陈忠财(39岁,汽车贸易业)刚刚与太太,以158万元($1.58 million)买下了一间Altez的两卧房单位(2-bedder)。他们看好丹戎巴葛一带的重新发展潜能,所以已做好心理准备,要持守五至十年(holding for 5 to 10 years)。在房贷方面,由于两人同时拥有好几个房地产,银行本来就不愿意借贷房价的超过80%,因此新条例对他们没作用

“我们也不想借这么多,这样比较安全,因为一旦经济受到震荡,借贷较少的话,比较容易应付。我们卖掉其中一间,还可以应付其他的房贷。”

来自上海(Shanghai, China)的郑小姐,也称新措施对她没有影响。她刚刚以100余万元(around $1 million)买下一间Altez一卧房式单位(1-bedder)。她透露,在新加坡买过四间房子(bought 4),至今只卖过一间(sold 1),持守期介于五年至八年(holding period of 5 to 8 years)。她预备向银行贷款70%左右。

参观者中也不乏只是来“探温”的人。

45岁的梁先生(工程师)和太太说:“我们就是一直在等政府出手 ..... 我们已经看了很久的房子,但是价钱不断升高,起得太离谱了,今天看到新闻,政府果然出手了,所以就来看看。”

据了解,发展商也没有因为前天的降温措施而仓促降价。Altez反而取消了预售时的优惠折扣(cancelled discount after government measures)。

远东机构发言人说,Altez的成交价还是维持在每平方英尺1600元至2000元。

这个62层楼高的摩天共管公寓,共有280个单位,至今已推出了140个单位(介于10楼至27楼),其中129个单位已经找到了买家。

28岁的张先生(律师)昨天和友人一起到Altez参观,他们同样空手离开示范单位。“房子很漂亮,但是价格太高了,我负担不起。”

他希望政府在星期一的预算案中,将单身人士组屋拥屋年龄限制降低至30岁,否则他还是只能买私人房屋。由于他是买房自住,所以新措施对他没有影响

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by focus, Property market sentiments 2010, 31 March 2010 11.11 am
    D'Pavilion.. Anyone heard of it?
    My parents have "decided" they want to be near my adorable niece who lives in Kovan.

So I'm going to pay $1000psf for a 4 bedroom ($1.75m) or a PH($2m).
    1 Carpark lot.. i got 4 cars... but it's ok ... i will just park the rest in the nearby HDBs.

The most lousy ..losing proposition is a HOME..
    Congratulations!

Yet another record breaking in psf.. this time is D'Pavilion.. both 969sf & 1292sf unit at their record psf

$1,050,000 969sf $1084psf
    $1,418,000 1292sf $1098psf

FH new launches are moving fiercely moving pass $1200 psf so D Pavilion are still behind but the location is quite good... should move towards $1200 psf by next year!