Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: D8 Urban Lofts (FH)

I think this web site is getting kinda abusive & racist already... Haiz.. shouldn't the moderator be doing something here???

Pet

Dont worry abt the childish banter, Petmail. You can just ignore them. In any case - racism is caught under the Singapore penal code and much like people on-line here doesnt realise - these are constantly being monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    make love not make war. let's be pretty neutral about the whole issue. there are many concerns by many people. but i do agree most super rich are mainly really wise people who do not follow the majority public when it comes to investment either stock or property. They know when its the right time to go in and majority of them have already started moving in while the rest of the public are still very dependent on the paper to feed them mostly outdated information that eventually motivate or demotivate them. in fact of of the them those who comment good and bad news about the economy are the people who actually taken action before they start to conclude and comment publicly. they would be billionaires already if they are really so accurate! most often, their comment are usual quite the opposite. the said US dollar will fall beyond $1.30 but its started to rebound, say investors are not keen to buy but there are still so many new cars and in fact mostly super cars and expensive cars being registered and bought by Singaporean. Ferraris, Porsche, Lamborgini, Audi R8, Nissan Skyline, Mercedes Benz S or C class, BMW 7 or 6 series, etc. These are all the kinda cars that is running with mostly new plate number and most with bidded numbers. Why would they be so crazy to spend half the amount of what is regarded to the rest of the public the amount to buy a private property when most are telling themselves bad economy, bad times etc. As for urban loft, it was really sold out the same day within the first 2 hrs of price list release and not on a first come first served basis but on a ballotting basis instead. there are a mixture of both investors and HDB upgraders as well. some of the investors are in fact our client who lost out on the ballotting during the last few ballotted project like suites123, mackenzie88 etc. Beacon Height currently the best buy in the market and definitely one looking at the kinda price, location, finishing, views, etc. We should be considering not just the development but also the most important factor that will determine if property markets are still going to be strong in many years to come; Social factor within Singapore at least for the last 10 years and next 10 years. Why was Singapore quoted as one of the world richest land in the world other than switzerland? why would most investors prefers to invest into Singapore? Why do you realise most of the recent investor and numbers still increasing are nationalities like China Chinese, India Indian, Indonesian (the long time supporters, Hong Kong People, European and even those super rich malaysian and thais are current major buyers into Singapore properties. Why did URA announced and promise more residential site within near distance from the city even areas near tanjong rhu as well? All for one simple factor: We are Simply Economically STABLE with extremely GOOD SECURITIES FREE FROM CORRUPTION & we definitely gonna see our property soar in time to come!!! Now ask yourself this question: "Do you wanna be one of the average beings in Singapore who may have to continue slogging till you retire or would you rather be one of those in the top earnings thru wise and sharp property investment?" One simple property investment might just be the turning point in your life!

Just my humble two cents without any prejudices.

Pet
    Well said, you have a point there.

withdraw Guest

Apparently, 3 units have been given up by buyer who got it in the first ballot. These 3 units are open for sale again. Wonder why they are giving up their unit..

8:::::::::::o Guest

becoz these wise people realise they are paying condo money for only mickey mouse apartments so not worth their time. Urban loft is near town but the area offers low quality living
    Quote Originally Posted by withdraw
    Apparently, 3 units have been given up by buyer who got it in the first ballot. These 3 units are open for sale again. Wonder why they are giving up their unit..

question mark Guest

what is so racist bout any of the postings? are there any insults hurled at a particular racial group whch i see none? Don't anyhow play the race card coz it is dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by silentsoul
    Dont worry abt the childish banter, Petmail. You can just ignore them. In any case - racism is caught under the Singapore penal code and much like people on-line here doesnt realise - these are constantly being monitored.

By one buyer? Something is fishy. Any idea what are the units?

withdraw Guest

Quote Originally Posted by frontosa
    By one buyer? Something is fishy. Any idea what are the units?
    I think it's different buyers. #02-08, #02-06 and #04-06.

Sold or not Guest

I think it's different buyers. #02-08, #02-06 and #04-06.
    Any idea if the withdrawn units have been sold? Heard they had a fresh round of ballot again yesterday.

If there is balloting meaning that they are interested parties. There are always people pulling off the sales due to many reasons. If the property is attractive, there will be peple grabbing it.

If there is balloting meaning that they are interested parties. There are always people pulling off the sales due to many reasons. If the property is attractive, there will be peple grabbing it.
    Balloting start already....

Unregistered999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silentsoul
    I think its a matter of personal investment choice - no point to time the market. That aside - its also dependent on the development. For Urban Loft, I think it stands apart from the rest of the development with its unique and upmarket design (jacuzzi and penthouse swimming pool). Might not be a few hundered unit development but sited quite strategically near MRT (across the road) and away from the crowds. The area is also more Chinese being at the north of Farrer park MRT.
    Urban lofts have shop units below. It is far from condo like with limited features and yet buyers are paying more for it than City Square? I am just baffled. Can somone explain why City Square is cheaper???

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    Urban lofts have shop units below. It is far from condo like with limited features and yet buyers are paying more for it than City Square? I am just baffled. Can somone explain why City Square is cheaper???
    Because many people prefer to buy straight from developers (and getting ripped off by them), rather than allow earlier buyers to make a profit by buying a subsale unit. It's psychological..

Stupid mentality which defies rationality, but it's true. Smarter buyers will know clearly which provides better value

James Bonds Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    City Square is a different product. Surrounded by red lights. And its wall is not concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bonds
    City Square is a different product. Surrounded by red lights. And its wall is not concrete.
    Then what is the wall made of?

Condo Guest

Actually its a valid qn. Anyone know why the units at Rangoon road side is more expensive than Citysquare? PSF diff is abt SGD 100.

Serious discussion.
    Mornonic or racist answers - please keep away.

Just me again Guest

Default Fully sold again

There is a re-ballot on Friday 1 pm for the 3 units, and all taken up also. I heard 1 unit was given up, as the buyer thought he/she csn use the unit as SOHO kind of business, and wanted it to be written black and white. Hw can that be, SOHO, in a private luxury condo. Looks like the interest in this property is still there, juding from the reballot, and the many interests still coming in to query about the availability. For me, I think this property have huge potential for investment, rental, as I am sure, many professional and doctors working in the vicinity will like a place to stay in near to their office.
    Also one that is so near to central town, many good food places, MRT etc. Ths place around it, is booming, judging by the amount of activities and construction, coming up.

no big deal Guest

the development is so small what is the big deal in a sellout? Only people with mickey mouse brains would pay condo money to buy mickey mouse apartments with no facilities. Location also sucks as surrounded by black sea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just me again
    There is a re-ballot on Friday 1 pm for the 3 units, and all taken up also. I heard 1 unit was given up, as the buyer thought he/she csn use the unit as SOHO kind of business, and wanted it to be written black and white. Hw can that be, SOHO, in a private luxury condo. Looks like the interest in this property is still there, juding from the reballot, and the many interests still coming in to query about the availability. For me, I think this property have huge potential for investment, rental, as I am sure, many professional and doctors working in the vicinity will like a place to stay in near to their office.
    Also one that is so near to central town, many good food places, MRT etc. Ths place around it, is booming, judging by the amount of activities and construction, coming up.

Urban lofts Guest

Default Question Mark over the units

Yes, I heard abt the balloting and the so-called lucky ones got it at launch prices..all under $500k.
    No guarantee that the 1-rm apartment will be taken up by the tenants
    since its too tiny..most probably foreigners..
    But at least they will be comforted to know that SARS, bird-flu etc.. did not come from the black sea.

watcher Guest

Default Fast forward 2011

Let's wait and see if this project does well when it it ready..No one now knows for SURE if anyone will want to rent that place..

Yellow Sea Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Urban lofts
    Yes, I heard abt the balloting and the so-called lucky ones got it at launch prices..all under $500k.
    No guarantee that the 1-rm apartment will be taken up by the tenants
    since its too tiny..most probably foreigners..
    But at least they will be comforted to know that SARS, bird-flu etc.. did not come from the black sea.

Yes SARs did originate from the YELLOW sea. LOL

geography teacher Guest

got black sea but where got yellow sea?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Sea
    Yes SARs did originate from the YELLOW sea. LOL

Mother of Geog Teachers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by geography teacher
    got black sea but where got yellow sea?
    Yellow sea is next to China and where the Yellow river flows to. How come you don't know? Go and read your Geography book again.

SOHO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by watcher
    Let's wait and see if this project does well when it it ready..No one now knows for SURE if anyone will want to rent that place..
    Some other completed projects at the Farrer Park MRT have been fully taken up. Young profeesionals (even mediacorp artists) who work in the city areas and don't want to drive are mainly the tenants. It's a new living alternative that highly in demand now a day.

no yellow sea here Guest

sorry lah...no yellow sea in singapore, only black sea. D8 polluted by black sea. Air pollution ("Ba Woo") and a total eye sore to many...

Quote Originally Posted by Mother of Geog Teachers
    Yellow sea is next to China and where the Yellow river flows to. How come you don't know? Go and read your Geography book again.

Unregistered_A Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SOHO
    Some other completed projects at the Farrer Park MRT have been fully taken up. Young profeesionals (even mediacorp artists) who work in the city areas and don't want to drive are mainly the tenants. It's a new living alternative that highly in demand now a day.

The units that are north of Farrer Park MRT at Rangoon road side seemed to be in more demand. I dont think that units the size of 400-500 sqf would be desirable -but any studio >600 sqf (which is almost a 3room flat) would be quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SOHO
    I find this area cater for this group of people, a mixture of city and heartland. A location with rich heritage and a bit of city like, this place is unqiue of its kind.

rich ah neh heritage Guest

yeah, the place has rich ah neh heritage. The heritage comes at a price, the neighbourhood is dirty and smelly and everyday mingling with the prata and mutton curry crowd. The smell of black sea population is so overwhelming that my grandmother almost fainted walking around the area.....

I find this area cater for this group of people, a mixture of city and heartland. A location with rich heritage and a bit of city like, this place is unqiue of its kind.

bhowner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rich ah neh heritage
    yeah, the place has rich ah neh heritage. The heritage comes at a price, the neighbourhood is dirty and smelly and everyday mingling with the prata and mutton curry crowd. The smell of black sea population is so overwhelming that my grandmother almost fainted walking around the area.....
    Why are these people not arrested??? Thought the singapore police is very good at tracking down people who post racist remark on forums?? Someone should make a police report to get rid of all these jokers.

U care to explain? Guest

how are the remarks racist? Care to explain? Dont play the race card at ur whim. World wars happen becoz of people like u. Many people calling for jihad coz they have personal vendetta nt becoz anyone has insultd muslims. U better wake up ur idea
    Quote Originally Posted by bhowner
    Why are these people not arrested??? Thought the singapore police is very good at tracking down people who post racist remark on forums?? Someone should make a police report to get rid of all these jokers.