Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New condos within 1 km of Tao Nan

Default New condos within 1 km of Tao Nan

Hi We are newbies who are looking to buy our first private residential property in the East within 1 km of Tao Nan.

Hoping to look at only new condos, between 1200-1500 area and 3 or 4 bedrooms. Any recommendations?

Unregistered123

Don't bother about Tao Nan. It doesn't produce better results than neighbourhood schools and has no affiliation. It has the backing of the hokkien association, that's all. I don't recall any outstanding person coming from Tao Nan. If you insist on sending your child to a "elite" primary school go for the Nanyang Primary, ACS, RGPS, SCGS, MGS - those with affiliation. Otherwise, the rest are no different from neighbourhood schools. It's okay putting your child to a neighbourhood school. If he or she is good, he or she will do well and get into a good secondary school. If you have no faith in your child's ability, then try to get into one with strong affiliations. Tao Nan is not in that category - no different from neighbourhood schools. My humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie
    Hi We are newbies who are looking to buy our first private residential property in the East within 1 km of Tao Nan.

Hoping to look at only new condos, between 1200-1500 area and 3 or 4 bedrooms. Any recommendations?

User Info Menu

Hi I would recommend Cote D azur and The Seaview, CDA is leasehold while TS is freehold, in my opinion they are the best condos in this part of Singapore, next to look our for will be Silversea, but it is not in the market as yet

Decosia is ok but like many others along Marine Parade Rd, they are small projects, not full condo facilities

MaryJane

Agree. Forget about Tao Nan. It's not worth it and gets your child nowhere. just buy a place that you like and not be constrained by the primary school. I studied in a neighbourhood primary school, did well in my PSLE to end up in RGS and RJC. When I was in RGS, most of my schoolmates were from the good students from the various neighbourhood schools. I admit there is an "above average" representation from RGPS and Nanyang Primary but most were from neighbourhood schools. I don't even recall a single school mate from Tao Nan.

This proves the point that, if your child is bright. He will do well, even if he goes to a neighbourhood primary school. If you child is not bright, the best course of action is to send him to those top affiliated schools, because it is almost certain that your child will be able to get into the affiliated secondary school, as the cut-off point for affiliation is much lower. For instance, if you send your child to St Nicks, you can be sure that your child can get into St Nicks seconday because they accept almost everyone from their primary school. It's the same for ACS, SCGS etc. These are the top schools in Singapore. Tao Nan is not in the same league, and does not gurantee your child good PSLE results or the ability to enter a good secondary school.

In short, just buy a property that you like within your means. If you want to pay a premium to those affiliated schools - by all means if you think it gives your child a leg-up. But for Tao Nan? Too mediocre and not worth any premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Don't bother about Tao Nan. It doesn't produce better results than neighbourhood schools and has no affiliation. It has the backing of the hokkien association, that's all. I don't recall any outstanding person coming from Tao Nan. If you insist on sending your child to a "elite" primary school go for the Nanyang Primary, ACS, RGPS, SCGS, MGS - those with affiliation. Otherwise, the rest are no different from neighbourhood schools. It's okay putting your child to a neighbourhood school. If he or she is good, he or she will do well and get into a good secondary school. If you have no faith in your child's ability, then try to get into one with strong affiliations. Tao Nan is not in that category - no different from neighbourhood schools. My humble opinion.

Cote D Azur Lover

Do anyone knows whether One Amber , silver sea, The Esta or the Amber residence within 1 km from Tao Nan?

kpo

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    why don't you just answer a simple question? no one asks you for opinion about tao nan, only what devts near tao nan.

KPO

Quote Originally Posted by Cote D Azur Lover
    Do anyone knows whether One Amber , silver sea, The Esta or the Amber residence within 1 km from Tao Nan?

None within 1km of TNS.

Waste time

just buy a home that you like and forget about being 1km to Tao Nan. There are no good developments with 1km of Tao Nan. If you're willing to pay $1500 psf to be near Tao Nan, there are many choices because the prices in the vicinity are not in the region. So it is a moot question - waste of people's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpo
    why don't you just answer a simple question? no one asks you for opinion about tao nan, only what devts near tao nan.

vested

Ppl ask about condo and you ppl about school...

Anyway why slam any particular school? If it is not good enough, then keep that opinion to yourself.. did anyone asks for it?

User Info Menu

Default New condos within 1 km of Tao Nan

A toad in the well !!

Are you sure RGS is the top school now? or even SCGS and St Nich? Both of these are not even in the TOP5. RGS is definitely not among the TOP 3.

Most of TNS students end up in TOP 3 , Dunman High, Hwa Chong and RI.

I think that is why you don't see TNS students in RGS because not TOP 3.

High IQ but no EQ. Any how slam people schools. So bitchy

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast