Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Suites (D11, Freehold, Koh Brothers / Heeton / KSH / Lian Beng)

assuming 200psf difference ie 1700psf for newton suites and 1900psf for lincoln suites 2 bedders. the difference in area between the smallest 2 bedder (1033sq ft) for lincoln suites and newton suites (797sq ft) is 236 sq ft. So the difference in price will be 236sq ft*1900psf + 797sq ft *200psf =$607,800. I seriously wonder how the difference can be justified with rentals. Even asking rent 1k more a month for Lincoln Suites also cannot cover this huge difference after 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    Thanks for everyone's comments. I have been debating this for a while and these are my observations:

Lincoln suites has larger land area compared to Newton Suites and hence it has more freedom to put facilities and recreations. Lincoln Suites has also the sky garden/gym which seems to be the new trend allowing all residents to enjoy different views from the condo. Lincoln suites will be much quieter compared to Newton Suites. Lincoln lodge is currently almost fully occupied with cheaper renters and it is popular with singles or couples carrying shopping bags from USQ.

The risk is that the Lincoln developers may cut corners since they have bought the land at peak peak $psf to try to recover some of their losses. It is without doubt Newton Suites proved an excellent investment for owners who have bought at $900psf and now riding on the excellent design publicity. In fact regretted not picking up Newton Suites in 2005 because of the potential noise level along newton road.

Looking ahead when Lincoln is TOP at 2014, Newton Suites would be 7 year's old. Well things starts to break down after 5-6 years in a condo in my experience in SG regardless how well it is built. So if I wanted to buy for investment a 1000 sqft in Novena, it is probably worth paying $200psf premium for a new unit. On top of that, the interest on the 45% loan amount is so so low now.

I can see the small units selling really fast if the price is right

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    assuming 200psf difference ie 1700psf for newton suites and 1900psf for lincoln suites 2 bedders. the difference in area between the smallest 2 bedder (1033sq ft) for lincoln suites and newton suites (797sq ft) is 236 sq ft. So the difference in price will be 236sq ft*1900psf + 797sq ft *200psf =$607,800. I seriously wonder how the difference can be justified with rentals. Even asking rent 1k more a month for Lincoln Suites also cannot cover this huge difference after 40 years.
    Actually I'm referring to the studio units of Lincoln suites @ 527 sqft and 538 sqft. In 5 years' time I am assuming the 538sqft will fetch the same rental as 797sqft. So even if I pay $300psf more, I will still be better off

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by 联合早报

尺价超过1280元 超小公寓首日卖出九成
    吴慧敏
    联合早报
    4-10-2009

靠近芽笼的超级小单位公寓掀起抢购热潮,虽然最小的单位只有区区258平方英尺,而且尺价高达1450元,但却在首日推出的短短90分钟内就马上被抢购一空

据消息说,到昨天傍晚, Suites@Guillemard已经售出大约九成的单位,只剩下还不到10个售价在50万元以上的较大单位。

房地产顾问麦俊荣说:“这显示进场的人,都是因为单位价低而进场的,但是预算却非常紧,没有办法负担面积较大的公寓单位。”

他认为,如果这些人是抱着投资的心态进场,那么就实在让人担心,因为这意味他们也没有太强的持守能力。

尺价媲美纽顿区公寓

他也指出,每平方英尺1280元至1450元的价格,已经完全打破芽笼一带所有尺价纪录,几乎可以媲美纽顿一带的房子。
    据了解,早在该项目发售之前,已经有上百名经纪和公众在示范单位外等候进场。有兴趣的买家必须附上一张签了名的空白支票,才有抽签进示范单位看房子的机会。

Suites@Guillemard位于基里玛路和林亚雨路交界处,共有72个单位,大部分为面积只有40多平方米的“套间公寓”或一卧房式单位。

消息透露,在星期五推出的第一天内,所有的小单位都已经卖出,剩下不到20个面积较大的两卧房式单位,以及西照的单位,昨天剩下的单位本来就已经不多,但还是几乎每个小时都有几个单位卖出

由Oxley Land发展的Suites@Guillemard,位于基里玛路(Guillemard Road)和林亚雨路交界处,共有72个单位。它们绝大部分为面积只有40多平方米的“套间公寓”(studio apartment)或一卧房式单位。

不过,最引人瞩目的是,最小的单位只有区区258平方英尺,面积还不到三房式政府组屋的一半,或6个半乒乓桌。

这相信是本地最小的公寓单位。

消息透露,整个项目只有四个这种属于L型的小型公寓单位,它们的售价从37万5000元起,也就是相等于每平方英尺1450元。

由于之前就已经有好几个买家“瞄准”这个单位,因此星期五一开放选购,就马上被抢购一空。

至于面积达388平方英尺的一卧房式单位,售价则从50万元起,也就是每平方英尺1288元。
    Like what 联合早报 says, 纽顿区 (Newton and District 11) is a disgrace!
    Not only did it not command any premium over District 14, but it also want to sell below $1,450 psf!
    And just to add to the insult: That mouse "sells like hot cakes in the first 90 minutes"!!!!!!

Anyway, I take my words on this Mickey Mouse back.
    You win! I lose!

we can't compare that way right? 258sq ft of course can command significantly higher psf than D11 units. There will always be fans of MM units. You can still take your stand of not being with the fans. nothing wrong. If they can flip, then the buyers are winners, if not, the developer is a big winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Like what 联合早报 says, 纽顿区 (Newton and District 11) is a disgrace!
    Not only did it not command any premium over District 14, but it also want to sell below $1,450 psf!
    And just to add to the insult: That mouse "sells like hot cakes in the first 90 minutes"!!!!!!

Anyway, I take my words on this Mickey Mouse back.
    You win! I lose!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Allow me to add on to the downside, in contrary to your opinion, I do really feel the cram of Newton suite because its ceiling is very low ( estimated about 2.1-2.3M range)
    In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable...
    Somemore, there is no proper playground (only three bouncing chairs near the carpark!!)
    A 1238sf is a 1238sf, so will not feel that the space is big. Point is that compare to other projects, dun feel as cramp due to the better design (personal opinion)

As of dim/lack of lighting, really did not feel so when I went for the open house. The unit that I view have the balcony facing the Berkely18 side which is a bit down slope and thus unblock, hence ample lighting. It might also be the case that its a very sunny day when I visit.

However completely agree that there's no play ground, only bouncing chair.

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    est psf should be around 1850-2000+psf...even if exceed 2000psf...should not be too way off otherwise ppl will rather buy cairnhill area....ultimately the overall quantum for the small units should be attractive enough for investors looking for a gd rental yield investment in this area...will keep u guys updated once i get more updates from developer most prob next wk.

Cheers =)
    The typical Chinese buyers have a budget of S$5M to S$10M (500万元至1000万元) for Singapore properties.
    China's and HongKong's property prices have climbed more and faster than Singapore's.
    These Chinese buyers could be taken some profit there and started snapping up (扫货) Singapore properties.

Do you know if they are keen in Lincoln Suites?

Quote Originally Posted by 联合早报

占私宅成交量22% 外国人涌入购房地产
    吴慧敏
    联合早报
    29-9-2009

全球股市大反弹不但吸引了本地人蜂拥抢购私人房产,外国人也在过去几个月来大举涌入,到新加坡“扫货”。

根据第一太平戴维斯(Savills)整理的数字,外国人(包括新加坡永久居民)在去年8月,买下大约300个私宅单位,占所有私宅成交量的22%。

当美国投资银行雷曼兄弟破产、引发全球金融大海啸时,外国人骤然消失。去年11月12月期间,外国人所购买的私宅单位剧跌至70、80个,所占的买家比率也下跌至16%。

今年3月全球股市大回弹后,外国买家又迅速回流。到了6月份,外国人在一个月内买下的私宅单位已回升至876个,比去年11月最低潮时的需求量暴增十倍。所占的买家比率,也回升至全球金融大海啸之前的22%、23%水平。

戴德梁行(DTZ)研究部主管蔡楚芬说:“外国买家确实回来了。不单单是中国人马来西亚人印尼人这两个本地楼市的传统上最大买家,也都在过去几个月显著增加。”

她透露,马来西亚和印尼人仍然是新加坡楼市最大的买家。本地每卖出100间私人房子,约22间由外国人或永久居民买下。其中,六间由马来西亚人买下、五间由印尼人买下、三间由印度人买下、三间由中国人买下。

仲量联行私宅部主管黄洁玲说:“新加坡本来就是马来西亚人和印尼人喜欢置业的地点,第一是新元的币值强劲,第二是政治和社会稳定。他们也喜欢将子女送到新加坡求学、在新加坡求医,在新加坡买房子还可以防万一,一旦国内发生了什么事情,总算有个安身之所。”

一名房地产人士也指出,去年发生金融大海啸后,许多外国人,包括马来西亚人和印尼人,已经将钱转到新加坡来,以对冲其国家货币的贬值。当楼市在三四月份开始“动”起来,更多的外汇更是涌入本地楼市中。

一名房地产观察家认为,由于中国和香港楼价升得比新加坡更快、更高,过去两三个月来,很可能有一些投资者开始将钱从中国和香港股市和楼市套出来,转到新加坡

ERA产业经纪王德金并没有听到这种情况,不过他表示,近年来进场的一些中国买家已经跟过去有很大的不同。

“过去,在新加坡买楼的中国人,一般都是买一些单位价比较低廉的房子,预算在50万元至80万元之间。”

有一些中国大客户

但是,现在他手头上的十多个大客户七八个是中国人。这些中国买家最近分别授权他500万元至1000万元的预算,代他们在新加坡买房子。

“这一类中国买家通常对新加坡非常熟悉,有的孩子在新加坡念书或工作,也有的打算在新加坡做生意。他们来到新加坡,只住六星级酒店,买的都是劳力士名表和名牌手袋。看的房子,通常在市区,售价在一两百万元,甚至两三百万元左右。”

他透露,以500万元至1000万元的预算来说,他通常会帮这些中国买家购买三五个单位,其中一两个短持,只要有钱赚就代他们放手,其他的则留作长线投资。

市场消息说,远东机构最近推出的中高档公寓Silversea就吸引了不少中国买家进场。

戴德梁行的数字也显示了中国买家的购买能力相当两极化。资料显示,50万元至100万元的房子,中国买家的比率相当高。其次,就是售价在500万元以上的房子。

市场消息说,远东机构最近推出的中高档公寓Silversea就吸引了不少中国买家进场。这个位于马林百列录的99年地契公寓,共有383个单位,截至8月底卖出了70个,每平方英尺中位价约1386元。

远东机构房地产销售营运总裁谢文华证实,这个项目的中国买家比率确实较高,达到17%。他相信,一览无余的无敌海景应该是吸引他们进场的一大因素,而且交通也非常方便,距离滨海湾只有5分钟车程。

不过,位于中部的The Arte却吸引了较多的印尼买家进场。城市发展的这个公寓共有336个单位,每平方英尺推出价格约880元,它自3月推出以来已卖出330个,城市发展发言人说,其中15%由印尼人买下。

戴德梁行的数字也可以看到,所有外国买家中,印尼人的购买力还是最强的。今年第二季,售价在150万元以上的房子,有大约14%是外国人购买的。当中,印尼人就占了三分之一。售价在500万元以上的房子,印尼人也是最大的外国买家。

至于马来西亚人所买的房子,价格一般在50万元以下,所占的比率超过一半。至于售价在50万元至100万元的房子,马来西亚人也是最大的外国买家。

Newton area is more like a Indonesians favourite.

But there is nothing stopping rich Chinese from snapping up whatever there is in the market. The common knowledge now is that the probability of prices next year being higher than this year is more than 60%.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    The typical Chinese buyers have a budget of S$5M to S$10M (500万元至1000万元) for Singapore properties.
    China's and HongKong's property prices have climbed more and faster than Singapore's.
    These Chinese buyers could be taken some profit there and started snapping up (扫货) Singapore properties.

Do you know if they are keen in Lincoln Suites?
    This will happen sooner or later.

China buyers are grabbing Hong Kong properties to diversity their risks and wealth, in the same way that Shanghai money flowed into Hong Kong when the Communists took over China.

But very soon, China buyers will realise that Hong Kong is no longer safe under British rule like in 1949, and if there is another Revolution, Hong Kong may not be able to escape.

Even Taiwan cannot escape if some mad Chinese revolutionary leader wages a war to "reclaim" Taiwan.

The only country which has a majority Chinese population, and yet is not within the political boundaries of Greater China, is Singapore.

It is only a matter of time before China buyers "take note" of Singapore.

Once that happens, all hell will break loose in the property market here.

The upside risks of Singapore's property market is much higher than the downside risks (because we have Tharman and Obama ready to print money any time).

Allow me to add on to the downside, in contrary to your opinion, I do really feel the cram of Newton suite because its ceiling is very low ( estimated about 2.1-2.3M range)
    In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable...
    Somemore, there is no proper playground (only three bouncing chairs near the carpark!!)
    I own a unit Newton Suites and you can come down and measure the height of the ceiling. It is a standard 2.7 metres. 2.1 m will make it even lower than HDB ceiling. How to win so many international awards if the ceiling was so low. Next time want to lie do it intelligently.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

China buyers are grabbing Hong Kong properties to diversity their risks and wealth, in the same way that Shanghai money flowed into Hong Kong when the Communists took over China.

But very soon, China buyers will realise that Hong Kong is no longer safe under British rule like in 1949, and if there is another Revolution, Hong Kong may not be able to escape.

Even Taiwan cannot escape if some mad Chinese revolutionary leader wages a war to "reclaim" Taiwan.

The only country which has a majority Chinese population, and yet is not within the political boundaries of Greater China, is Singapore.

The upside risks of Singapore's property market is much higher than the downside risks (because we have Tharman and Obama ready to print money any time).
    Beside the Chinese grabbers, we have the Korean grabbers too.

Recently, I sold one of my condo to a Korean couple.

It seems like the Koreans are flushed with hot money too. They are also snapping up properties despite warning from their "Minister Mah"?

Quote Originally Posted by The Business Times

South Korea home prices up again
    The Business Times
    Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Apartment prices across South Korea rose for the 17th straight week, the longest gaining streak since July 2008, data from the country’s top lender showed yesterday.

Apartment prices rose by 0.1% last week from the previous week, extending a rising trend that started in early June, according to data from Kookmin Bank. The data came amid growing expectations for a rate increase this year after the central bank warned several times that it would lift interest rates to calm the property market.

The Bank of Korea is scheduled to review rates on Friday.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Well well, now we have heard from the horse's mouth - the ceiling height of Newton Suites is confirmed 2.7m, which is much lower than the standard height of about 3m for private condos. Thanks for confirming that the ceiling height of Newton Suites is indeed so low (as low as that of HDB ceiling heights). No wonder I always wonder why the height of each unit looks so low as compared to neighbouring condos, and the building looks so dark and blackish and eerie-ish.
    Winning awards? Huh, the developers and architects win awards and fame while the residents have to endure with such low ceiling heights and blackish & erie-ish building, tiny swimming pool, 3 bouncing seats labelled as 'Children's playground' and cannot even put in a tennis court. Can still go on with the cons but these are already killers enough.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    I own a unit Newton Suites and you can come down and measure the height of the ceiling. It is a standard 2.7 metres. 2.1 m will make it even lower than HDB ceiling. How to win so many international awards if the ceiling was so low. Next time want to lie do it intelligently.

Actually I'm referring to the studio units of Lincoln suites @ 527 sqft and 538 sqft. In 5 years' time I am assuming the 538sqft will fetch the same rental as 797sqft. So even if I pay $300psf more, I will still be better off
    I am expecting a 2 bedder at NS to fetch a premium of at least $500 over a studio at LS in 5 years time. Currently 2 bedders at NS are fetching around 4.5k – 4.8k . This may go down to around 4k in 5 years due to its age (assuming rents remain stable until then). A 500+sqft studio at Vida (Cairhill) or even at other prime areas are currently fetching around 3.5k. So there should be a premium of at least $500 for a 2 bedder at NS in 5 yrs time. It might be more as NS will get a fresh coat of paint by then and it remains well maintained.

For yield, it is best to invest in a 2 bedder which is not more than 900sq ft. There is hardly any difference in rent for a similarly located 900 sqft and 1100sqft 2 bedders.

Well well, now we have heard from the horse's mouth - the ceiling height of Newton Suites is confirmed 2.7m, which is much lower than the standard height of about 3m for private condos. Thanks for confirming that the ceiling height of Newton Suites is indeed so low (as low as that of HDB ceiling heights). No wonder I always wonder why the height of each unit looks so low as compared to neighbouring condos, and the building looks so dark and blackish and eerie-ish.
    Winning awards? Huh, the developers and architects win awards and fame while the residents have to endure with such low ceiling heights and blackish & erie-ish building, tiny swimming pool, 3 bouncing seats labelled as 'Children's playground' and cannot even put in a tennis court. Can still go on with the cons but these are already killers enough.
    There are buyers who are willing to pay a premium for it over other seemingly better located condos like Residences @ Evelyn or even Newton One, etc. Only refined classy people can appreciate the design/colour scheme of NS just like the panel of judges from all over the world who have given NS three top awards so far. I don't expect a HDB staying Ah Beng like "Teddy Bear" to appreciate it and neither would anyone care and these are the kind of people the owners of NS would not want to mix with. So it is good you find it ugly as we want to keep people like you away. If ah bengs like you start buying NS, its price will depreciate overnight.

I just checked the height of the ceiling. I was wrong. It is actually 3.1 metres - higher than the standard ceiling.

The panel of judges are not going to live in Newton Suites away. Try asking them to pay for their units in NS and then live there for 3 years and see whether they will still give it top awards? They probably complain that they are becoming 'dwarfs' from the low ceiling and lack of facilities and yet paying so much for the units there. Uniqueness and practically are totally different matter. We buy properties to live in, we want practically in terms of livable space and comfortable environment & full facilities, not the low ceiling & blackish & eerie-ish building & facility-lacking estate that won some awards which when won are not for the residents anyway but the residents have to live with all the cons of the project. Ah Bengs can live anywhere. Living in private properties doesn't make him less Ah Beng. What a naive thinking! Huh!

There are buyers who are willing to pay a premium for it over other seemingly better located condos like Residences @ Evelyn or even Newton One, etc. Only refined classy people can appreciate the design/colour scheme of NS just like the panel of judges from all over the world who have given NS three top awards so far. I don't expect a HDB staying Ah Beng like "Teddy Bear" to appreciate it and neither would anyone care and these are the kind of people the owners of NS would not want to mix with. So it is good you find it ugly as we want to keep people like you away. If ah bengs like you start buying NS, its price will depreciate overnight.

Ha ha ha! Can twist and turn now!

I just checked the height of the ceiling. I was wrong. It is actually 3.1 metres - higher than the standard ceiling.

Ha ha ha! Can twist and turn now!
    At least I do not make myself sound stupid by implying that the ceiling is even lower than HDB flat. You think the forumers here are as stupid as you?

The panel of judges are not going to live in Newton Suites away. Try asking them to pay for their units in NS and then live there for 3 years and see whether they will still give it top awards? They probably complain that they are becoming 'dwarfs' from the low ceiling and lack of facilities and yet paying so much for the units there. Uniqueness and practically are totally different matter. We buy properties to live in, we want practically in terms of livable space and comfortable environment & full facilities, not the low ceiling & blackish & eerie-ish building & facility-lacking estate that won some awards which when won are not for the residents anyway but the residents have to live with all the cons of the project. Ah Bengs can live anywhere. Living in private properties doesn't make him less Ah Beng. What a naive thinking! Huh!
    NS is already 2 years old and they just won another award recently as mentioned in the Life section of Straits Times 2 weeks ago. Sour grapes because you can't afford it?. Just too bad life is not fair to you.

A word of fairness: I did not think it was possible for the ceiling to be only 2.1 to 2.3m.

but nav, care to give an unbiased comment on teddy's other sentence? "In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable..."

At least I do not make myself sound stupid by implying that the ceiling is even lower than HDB flat. You think the forumers here are as stupid as you?

I am expecting a 2 bedder at NS to fetch a premium of at least $500 over a studio at LS in 5 years time. Currently 2 bedders at NS are fetching around 4.5k – 4.8k . This may go down to around 4k in 5 years due to its age (assuming rents remain stable until then). A 500+sqft studio at Vida (Cairhill) or even at other prime areas are currently fetching around 3.5k. So there should be a premium of at least $500 for a 2 bedder at NS in 5 yrs time. It might be more as NS will get a fresh coat of paint by then and it remains well maintained.

For yield, it is best to invest in a 2 bedder which is not more than 900sq ft. There is hardly any difference in rent for a similarly located 900 sqft and 1100sqft 2 bedders.
    In 5 year's time NS will be 7year's old. A renter will always choose a new building over a older building if everything else is about equal. In fact, I have seen tenants choosing a smaller but new unit versus a larger old unit and be willing to pay more for the smaller unit. This is so even if the old unit is renovated

In 5 year's time NS will be 7year's old. A renter will always choose a new building over a older building if everything else is about equal. In fact, I have seen tenants choosing a smaller but new unit versus a larger old unit and be willing to pay more for the smaller unit. This is so even if the old unit is renovated
    Yes a renter will prefer a new condo then to an old one but not at the expense of paying the same rent for a studio vs a 2 bedder which are located in the immediate vicinity. Furthermore, an iconic condo like NS will have lots going for it even 5 yrs down the road and don't be surprised when the LS condos are built , NS may still be able to look better than it

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    A word of fairness: I did not think it was possible for the ceiling to be only 2.1 to 2.3m.

but nav, care to give an unbiased comment on teddy's other sentence? "In addition, the whole unit is lack of brightness..the lift entrance is very dark and feel uncomfortable..."
    The lift lobby is dark I admit but I believe this has got to do with the overall theme by the architects. But the interior of the units are very bright.

To add further, yes a tenant may choose a new 800sq ft 2 bedder for a older 950sq ft 2 bedder but unlikely he is going to sacrifice an additional room by going for a studio just because it is new even though he intended to get a 2 bedder.

I had a tenant who really liked my designer decor brand new studio in another development. But he opted for a bare/basic 2 bedder in the same condo because he wanted to maximise the fixed amount allocated by his company for housing rent (it was a company lease). He might as well get an extra room and maximise what he is given. For personal leases this might not apply.

For investment, between LS and NS, is there even a point of argument ? NS is with immediate yield now, LS is 6ys later. $1600-$1800 psf you can find very good units in NS now, no need to go for LS. LS has to sell minimum $1800. For investment purpose I think it's no brainer.

every1 knows property loses value over time. key thg is maintenance. can any1 share d level of maintenance in NS/

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

When comes to making purchases on luxurious items or big ticket items, mainland Chineses are a very aggressive lot.

When I was in Paris, they insisted that I buy high-end luxurious perfume for them. They forced me to accept their money and asked me to go into the shop and buy whatever I like to buy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomberg

Hong Kong luxury home deals triple on mainland buyers
    Bloomberg
    Hong Kong
    Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Hong Kong’s luxury home sales almost tripled in September from a month earlier, as mainland Chinese residents flocked to buy flats in the city.

The registered sales of residential units worth more than HK$10 million ($1.3 million) rose to 1,351 from 500 in August, according to Land Registry figures released yesterday. A one- bedroom flat in Kowloon sold for a record HK$24.5 million, Centaline Property Agency Ltd. said last month.

Luxury home prices in Hong Kong climbed as much as 28% in the first nine months of the year, as low mortgage costs fueled buying, according to Colliers International Ltd. Prices may rise by between 5 and 10% in the next 6 to 12 months, the global real-estate broker said last month.

“The luxury home market is very active,” Buggle Lau, chief analyst at Midland Holdings Ltd., said by phone today. “Capital from the mainland and overseas is contributing.”

There is “enormous liquidity and buying” from Chinese residents, Martin Cubbon, executive director of Swire Pacific Ltd., said Sept. 29.

The aggregate number of homes registered increased to 12,285 from 11,250 in August, the government said on its Web site.

“We probably will see consolidation after home prices, especially luxury apartments, jumped quite a bit, because the market thinks interest rates may have bottomed out,” Credit Suisse analyst Cusson Leung said in a telephone interview.

Mortgage Rates

Mortgage rates in Hong Kong are the lowest in at least 19 years as banks seek to offset slower demand for other types of credit.

Lenders have cut mortgage rates “to such an extent that they might not have given due regard to the reputation risk, interest rate risk and liquidity risk potentially associated with their pricing,” Hong Kong Monetary Authority Deputy Chief Executive Y.K. Choi said Sept. 17.

“Average mortgage rates are going to pick up gradually,” Peter Wong, head of the Hong Kong unit of HSBC Holdings Plc, said in the city last week.

New mortgage loans approved fell 8.2% in August from a month earlier to HK$34.2 billion, the HKMA said last month.

Hong Kong home prices may fall in coming months as Chinese investors face a slowdown in lending growth at home, reducing their buying power, said Leung at Credit Suisse. “Mainland investors’ appetite goes along with growth of liquidity in China, which has already showed signs of slowing down,” he said.

Loans in China

China’s banks extended 410.4 billion yuan ($60.1 billion) of local-currency loans in August, up from 355.9 billion yuan in July, according to official figures. New lending in September may fall to a range between 300 billion and 400 billion yuan, China Banking Regulatory Commission Chairman Liu Mingkang said yesterday.

A one-bedroom apartment at the Masterpiece development in Hong Kong’s Kowloon district was bought for HK$30,025 a square foot last month, a record for a property of that type in the city, Centaline said. The home, with space of 816 square feet (75 square meters) was sold for HK$24.5 million.

Hong Kong is the world’s 5th-most expensive residential real estate market, after Monte Carlo, Moscow, London and Tokyo, according to Global Property Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    For investment, between LS and NS, is there even a point of argument ? NS is with immediate yield now, LS is 6ys later. $1600-$1800 psf you can find very good units in NS now, no need to go for LS. LS has to sell minimum $1800. For investment purpose I think it's no brainer.

Do you own NS or you have not noticed ppl mainly buying uncompleted projects and not resale?

I understand the term that refers to some people "dog eyes see people low" very well. Doesn't matter. Anyway, whether I can afford or not doesn't make Newton Suites a better condo estate and it is still a blackish, eerie-ish, dark in entrance and lift (more suitable for those who is not suitable to see bright day light or let people see clearly type), small swimming pool, no tennis court, 3 bouncing seats called playground type of laughable smallish crampy type of condo project. In case people get conned to buy a 'condo' unit here, be aware that the 'condo' here is actually classified as "Apartment" and not condominium" by URA. Buyers caveat emptor!

NS is already 2 years old and they just won another award recently as mentioned in the Life section of Straits Times 2 weeks ago. Sour grapes because you can't afford it?. Just too bad life is not fair to you.

Instead of arguing endlessly, why not sit down, relax and enjoy the beauty of this picture?

Do you own NS or you have not noticed ppl mainly buying uncompleted projects and not resale?
    I have a vested interest in this area but not this one. From a bigger picture, the higher the LS sells, the better for every one, so I'm neutral.
    Well it's just me: I see these 2 projects as being equal,each having its own merit. but for investment now, I will go NS not LS, simply because I find the upside over 1800/2000 for LS is limited. For NS now, not only u can have a yield to support the leverage, you can also benefit from the same possible upside if there is any. This is just my view.
    Also Koh Bros paid close to 1500psf for the site. Even at $2000psf, taking out construction cost, it makes a mere $150 psf profit. With such low profit margin I'm a little bit concerned on the final product. And whether it will pay top dollar for architect and supplier. Compounded with the fact they are not exactly big name developers.
    This is my reasoning, you of course do not have to agree. (If every one agrees, some one is not thinking )