Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Suites (D11, Freehold, Koh Brothers / Heeton / KSH / Lian Beng)

teddybear is a cheena ah pek who like practical condos, if a bit obiang. all that modern stylish design wasted on him. just like how cheena mainlanders and obiang indo prefer 4 seasons to BLVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Instead of arguing endlessly, why not sit down, relax and enjoy the beauty of this picture?

thanks. Most sensible comment to date

Last edited by moneyspinner; 06-10-09 at 18:55.

Teddybear's taste is a bit heartlander, due to his upbringing, but cannot blame him.

There is a reason why there is such a disparity between Park Infinia prices/rents and Newton Suites', despite Park Infinia's attributes like land size and proximity to amenities. It all sounds very good on paper.

No need for me to tell you guys that NS price and rent $psf is a good deal higher than PI.

It is pretty obvious which group of buyers have both taste AND money. They are willing to pay premium for art, design and ***y living, a concept that is totally foreign to buyers like Teddybear.

Teddybear's mantra is typically heartlander Singaporean: rooms must be square, otherwise loogi space! must have a lot of facilities so that extended family can use during weekends! must be freehold! better still, must be condo status! must be near MRT and supermarket! if don't have all this, really loogi one! bang for the buck argh!!

Please see attach file.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Well well, now we have heard from the horse's mouth - the ceiling height of Newton Suites is confirmed 2.7m, which is much lower than the standard height of about 3m for private condos. Thanks for confirming that the ceiling height of Newton Suites is indeed so low (as low as that of HDB ceiling heights). No wonder I always wonder why the height of each unit looks so low as compared to neighbouring condos, and the building looks so dark and blackish and eerie-ish.
    Winning awards? Huh, the developers and architects win awards and fame while the residents have to endure with such low ceiling heights and blackish & erie-ish building, tiny swimming pool, 3 bouncing seats labelled as 'Children's playground' and cannot even put in a tennis court. Can still go on with the cons but these are already killers enough.
    Newton Suites was never intended to be a family condo. Childrens playground is totally unused. Newton Suites is a yuppies condo, as can be inferred from the type of stylish cars in the carpark.

Go to skyscraper city forum, they have many Newton Suites fans there who can educate you a little on classy design, style and taste.

But i think lao obiang cheenas like you will still totally miss the point.

I am not vested in NS, but i really like it. In fact, love all SCDA and WoHa designs. That is really modern Euro design, avant garde.

I am young and loaded and drive a 335 cabrio so I am really hating on all these old foggies who shake their head everytime they see an "impractical" expensive purchase, be it a car, watch or condo! So therefore as an analogy, i hate 4 door Mercs, Rolex watches, and family practical condos like Park Infinia!
    Last edited by orange; 06-10-09 at 19:07.

Quote Originally Posted by moneyspinner
    Please see attach file.
    hello! you know how to use forum or not? alamak... primary school kid also know how to attach file or graphic URL lah!

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I have a vested interest in this area but not this one. From a bigger picture, the higher the LS sells, the better for every one, so I'm neutral.
    Well it's just me: I see these 2 projects as being equal,each having its own merit. but for investment now, I will go NS not LS, simply because I find the upside over 1800/2000 for LS is limited. For NS now, not only u can have a yield to support the leverage, you can also benefit from the same possible upside if there is any. This is just my view.
    Also Koh Bros paid close to 1500psf for the site. Even at $2000psf, taking out construction cost, it makes a mere $150 psf profit. With such low profit margin I'm a little bit concerned on the final product. And whether it will pay top dollar for architect and supplier. Compounded with the fact they are not exactly big name developers.
    This is my reasoning, you of course do not have to agree. (If every one agrees, some one is not thinking )
    At last we agree on one thing. The higher LS sells and if LS sells well, the better it is for everyone who has a vented interest in this area. This includes developers. If LS is a failure then where do we go? Balestier/Novena?

Now back to the original debate which is better for investment, LS or NS? Let's not worry about how much developer paid for the land. They paid peanuts for GLS and yet they will still sell at market rate. If they paid high they must still sell if they don't make or they lose more money

This is my take if you must buy something in the area. Let me also make it provocative so that we get some reactions going
    Price differential >$250-$300 go for NS or PI or Viva else go for LS or Trilight

Teddybear's idea of condo is: must be bright, lots of space, must be "dai fong" with big driveway and the name in cursive fonts everywhere... better still if got little boy angel statue pissing in the fountain... wah lau.. this guy must be just walked out of those '80s HK movie sets, with the slick back hair and the baggy white suit and cigar in his mouth, sitting in white Mercedes SEL or Rolls Royce.

Sibeh Obiang ah!

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Teddybear's idea of condo is: must be bright, lots of space, must be "dai fong" with big driveway and the name in cursive fonts everywhere... better still if got little boy angel statue pissing in the fountain... wah lau.. this guy must be just walked out of those '80s HK movie sets, with the slick back hair and the baggy white suit and cigar in his mouth, sitting in white Mercedes SEL or Rolls Royce.

Sibeh Obiang ah!
    please don't be mad, it retard your inteligience.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

[deleted.....]
    deleted.
    deleted.....................

Ha ha ha! Why you guess I am ah pek? Only those goodus pay an arm or a leg for the so-called 'modern' blackish eerie-ish and still cannot see day-light type of apartment and paying condominium price! Seems like only those 'mouse head mouse eye' type like to live in such dark apartments. Not only that, all the units so small size. Good to be used as high-class Hotel 81 like Pacific Mansion.
    Real stylish design can also be practical, not those fake type.

teddybear is a cheena ah pek who like practical condos, if a bit obiang. all that modern stylish design wasted on him. just like how cheena mainlanders and obiang indo prefer 4 seasons to BLVD.

Yah lor. Newton Suites all units so small and blackish and dark, first impression from outside is that it seems designed to be a high-class Hotel 81 like Pacific Mansion. Seems to be so too. Children not suitable to live here (discourage to have children living there, so better don't have children playground). All sort of orgies happening there so must be dark and cannot see clearly is it? Ha ha ha! Those who like such condos must be such orgy type, that is why when I reveal the truth and they so worked up! Ha ha ha! Orgy mouse head get lost lah! Otherwise need to set mouse trap already. Otherwise cannot tahan I sent 1 post and he needs to send so many posts.
    Who cares you are loaded or not? This type of people sooner or later will die of AIDS or meet accident for speeding. No cure one (luckily). Unluckily they are so near to the hospital. Ai yah, wasted, so always get saved, but never mind lah, they don't die suffer even more (cannot die but also cannot live). This type of people "eat & waste rice", don't know live in this world for what.

Newton Suites was never intended to be a family condo. Childrens playground is totally unused. Newton Suites is a yuppies condo, as can be inferred from the type of stylish cars in the carpark.

Go to skyscraper city forum, they have many Newton Suites fans there who can educate you a little on classy design, style and taste.

But i think lao obiang cheenas like you will still totally miss the point.

I am not vested in NS, but i really like it. In fact, love all SCDA and WoHa designs. That is really modern Euro design, avant garde.

I am young and loaded and drive a 335 cabrio so I am really hating on all these old foggies who shake their head everytime they see an "impractical" expensive purchase, be it a car, watch or condo! So therefore as an analogy, i hate 4 door Mercs, Rolex watches, and family practical condos like Park Infinia!

haha teddybear, go back to your heartland lah. you have no business living in D9,10. maybe PI D11 is suitable for your type.

Stupid teddybear, want to argue with market. Market don't lie, Newton suites price and rent still higher than heartlander PI!

cross breed betwn HDB n condo gd 4 teddy.
    condo looks n facilities, HDB design square rm at HDB price

Yah lor. Newton Suites all units so small and blackish and dark, first impression from outside is that it seems designed to be a high-class Hotel 81 like Pacific Mansion. Seems to be so too. Children not suitable to live here (discourage to have children living there, so better don't have children playground). All sort of orgies happening there so must be dark and cannot see clearly is it? Ha ha ha! Those who like such condos must be such orgy type, that is why when I reveal the truth and they so worked up! Ha ha ha! Orgy mouse head get lost lah! Otherwise need to set mouse trap already. Otherwise cannot tahan I sent 1 post and he needs to send so many posts.
    Who cares you are loaded or not? This type of people sooner or later will die of AIDS or meet accident for speeding. No cure one (luckily). Unluckily they are so near to the hospital. Ai yah, wasted, so always get saved, but never mind lah, they don't die suffer even more (cannot die but also cannot live). This type of people "eat & waste rice", don't know live in this world for what.
    I see you getting too carried away ... There was a clip on pet pigs on TV. The pigs show more inteligience than you.

can give deep discount 2 such forumer. nt here 2 share.

So you are sharing? Ha ha ha! People here have eyes to see. I am already sharing so much by pointing out so much about things that people don't see (including the bad sides) but unfortunately sharing too much raised the irks of those with personal self-interest and they now resorting to personal attacks on me. No choice lah. Who ask me to share too much? May be I should just keep quiet and let other forumers get conned about how good these condos are so that these people with self-interest can pass on their 'babies'.

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    can give deep discount 2 such forumer. nt here 2 share.

Price and rent higher but net yield lower, so what for? May be some people are stupid to believe that having higher absolute rent amount is better but many are smart enough to know the trick here. They know how to look at net yield.

Stupid teddybear, want to argue with market. Market don't lie, Newton suites price and rent still higher than heartlander PI!

So you are sharing? Ha ha ha! People here have eyes to see. I am already sharing so much by pointing out so much about things that people don't see (including the bad sides) but unfortunately sharing too much raised the irks of those with personal self-interest and they now resorting to personal attacks on me. No choice lah. Who ask me to share too much? May be I should just keep quiet and let other forumers get conned about how good these condos are so that these people with self-interest can pass on their 'babies'.
    hmm... like that ah, don't take it too hard lah..

I agreed Teddy has probably shared too much. There are probably one or two others whose comments has lots of value if you care to digest the knowledge. These people are also into multiple forums and not just this one.

It's a pity other forumers take them either too seriously or not serious enough

Can we get back to the topic on Lincoln Suites please?

Pls vote Yes or No, if No what other options? Thanks.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Probably need another cup of tea and another picture to cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Probably need another cup of tea and another picture to cool down.

where exactly is Lincoln suite and Newton suite ?

Lincoln Suites just behind Newton Suite.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    where exactly is Lincoln suite and Newton suite ?

Lincoln Suites just behind Newton Suite.
    Newton Suites is precisely to the right of Lincoln Suites when looking at the picture posted by reporter. I know because I can drive to USQ in my sleep.

One thing LS will be blocked by USQ in front unless you go above 25 floors? There is probably 1 block which can peep thru Viva to the City.

Nice picture Reporter. Thanks.

andy I have just seen Trilight. Very nice. rooms pretty big. And the finishing at least in the showroom is nice enough. The layout is better than LS. (One lift with a star shape for the units, more privacy) And is cheaper (1800 for 2bd, 1700 for 3/4bd, but quantum bigger). If you are seriously considering LS I urge u take a look at Trilight.

how's the take-up rate for Trilight so far?

andy I have just seen Trilight. Very nice. rooms pretty big. And the finishing at least in the showroom is nice enough. The layout is better than LS. (One lift with a star shape for the units, more privacy) And is cheaper (1800 for 2bd, 1700 for 3/4bd, but quantum bigger). If you are seriously considering LS I urge u take a look at Trilight.

Saw trilight. The 2300sqft showunit feels very small. Don't know if it is the baywindows or large planters or the layout. Pricing starts about $1650 for the 2bedder. Not really that impressed with the quality.

Also note that they shared a common driveway with the small 10floor builing next door

I posted my impression of trilight at its thread. u can take a look. in short a little diff from yours, I guess just diff ppl diff taste.
    anyway not to OT too much here, did u talk to those eager LS agents outside Novena Square ? funny such a makeshift "stall" kind of practice. Koh Bro better setup a proper show venue asap. If not the image maybe tarnished. I saw a few girls with short/tight outfits handing out flyers, and I actually thought they were for some new opening bars outside NS