Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Peak @ Balmeg (D5, Freehold, MCL Land)

Are there any 2-beds owner sub-selling at Balmeg? Pls pm me your stack, floor/unit #, size & asking psf.

Ceavet for 2 bedder is now 1300psf for Balmeg.

Viva @ Vista indicative price is $1500psf for 1 bedder.

Latest Ceavet for Horizon Residence
    1 Pasir Panjang Hill #02-04
    Freehold
    $1366
    $1367k
    08 Jul 10

43 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-10
    Freehold
    $1384
    $1415k
    07 Jul 10

41 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-07
    Freehold
    $1688
    $2289k
    06 Jul 10

41 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-06
    Freehold
    $1522
    $1425k
    06 Jul 10

45 Pasir Panjang Hill #02-13
    Freehold
    $1340
    $1903k
    06 Jul 10

43 Pasir Panjang Hill #03-09
    Freehold
    $1357
    $1796k
    05 Jul 10

The MRT is nearer to Balmeg than to Horizon Residence, Parc Imperial or even Viva @ Vista.

Horizon Residence access is via Pasir Panjang Hill sharing with others while Balmeg has its own exclusive access road.

But the 3 bedder of Balmeg is not moving and I suppose the market price is cheaper than Horizon Residences. Just keen to know since its going to TOP very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    The MRT is nearer to Balmeg than to Horizon Residence, Parc Imperial or even Viva @ Vista.

Horizon Residence access is via Pasir Panjang Hill sharing with others while Balmeg has its own exclusive access road.

But the 3 bedder of Balmeg is not moving and I suppose the market price is cheaper than Horizon Residences. Just keen to know since its going to TOP very soon.
    Where did you get your source from that the MRT entrance is nearer to Balmeg? Care to share?

I have been driving pass the area at least once a week and I thought the construction, hence the entrance is nearer to haw par villa?

TIA

Default Horizon

Ceavet for 2 bedder is now 1300psf for Balmeg.

Viva @ Vista indicative price is $1500psf for 1 bedder.

Horizon Risedence has a back door facing Pasir Panjang Road, so it is as close as The Peak to the MRT. Parc Imperial is just opposite it. So these 3 projects are equally close to MRT. (Viva Vista and Maylea are slight far).

The price difference is mainly due to timing of launch. The Peak was launched during financial crisis. It was $900+ psf. I thought it was crazy price because at that time, I could get $700+ psf in that area. Parc Imperial was launch just when the price started to bounce. The price was $1200 psf due to its MM size. Horizon was launched during The Vision launch period. The price was $1400 psf. (And The Peak re-sale then increased to $1300 psf).

Timing is the main reason for these closely located projects to have the price difference.

Thanks,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Horizon Risedence has a back door facing Pasir Panjang Road, so it is as close as The Peak to the MRT. Parc Imperial is just opposite it. So these 3 projects are equally close to MRT. (Viva Vista and Maylea are slight far).

The price difference is mainly due to timing of launch. The Peak was launched during financial crisis. It was $900+ psf. I thought it was crazy price because at that time, I could get $700+ psf in that area. Parc Imperial was launch just when the price started to bounce. The price was $1200 psf due to its MM size. Horizon was launched during The Vision launch period. The price was $1400 psf. (And The Peak re-sale then increased to $1300 psf).

Timing is the main reason for these closely located projects to have the price difference.

Thanks,
    Richard
    among the 3 balmeg will be my choice project

the fact that it has the hill all to itself is already 1 up ... the land is also bigger ..

Horizon shares the hill with 6 other condos and landed house ...the road up is pretty jam on weekend when the church goers park by the side ..

maybe the size and hence the overall quantum also matters? balmeg has bigger units, hence it could affect the psf on the downside slightly.

Thanks,
    Richard

guyes...dun be fooled by psf...u really nid to look at both horizon and peak flr plans...i did a comparison for both projects 2bedders b4...if only 100psf diff...i will choose horizon actually(if dun mind waiting for 2-3yrs)...at least no noon sun....peak 2bedder i tink all noon facing....i only compare 2bedders...

AND...anyone got a unit in tat area...can hold pls hold until far east release the top flrs at horizon...expecting them to sell above 1.6kpsf for seaview units

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

the fact that it has the hill all to itself is already 1 up ... the land is also bigger ..

Horizon shares the hill with 6 other condos and landed house ...the road up is pretty jam on weekend when the church goers park by the side ..
    iirc, there are quite a few units facing the afternoon sun. was there during one hot afternoon... those seaviews all kena afternoon sun...

Sustainable energy resources.... now we can use sun power than the electric dryer!

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    Sustainable energy resources.... now we can use sun power than the electric dryer!

in USA if you harness energy from the sun ..for household use, one can get a rebate from govt ..

in spore .. if yuou use TOO MUCH solar polar .. govt will not allow , i think ..a case where someone covered his whole house with solar panel and got into some kind of trouble

if all use solar power .. Singapore power will lose money big time .. govt sure dont allow ..

while we have the 'privilege' of sun ..and yet we cannot make use of it .. how ironic

the irony is govt want to make money from us yet act to the whole world that singapore is a green country

in USA if you harness energy from the sun ..for household use, one can get a rebate from govt ..

in spore .. if yuou use TOO MUCH solar polar .. govt will not allow , i think ..a case where someone covered his whole house with solar panel and got into some kind of trouble

if all use solar power .. Singapore power will lose money big time .. govt sure dont allow ..

while we have the 'privilege' of sun ..and yet we cannot make use of it .. how ironic

Default Solar Enegy

In Australia, there are similar incentives. Goverment will pick most of the initial cost for solar enengy.

The good news is Singapore is also changing. We now have buildings fully covered with solar cells on the top. The main chanllenge is the rain. It shortens the solar cell life span. So we need to invent something to catch both the rain and the sun heat. Maybe we need a 5th university to do that. (It should be located in the North?)

Thanks,
    Richard

Default 2 bedders

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    guyes...dun be fooled by psf...u really nid to look at both horizon and peak flr plans...i did a comparison for both projects 2bedders b4...if only 100psf diff...i will choose horizon actually(if dun mind waiting for 2-3yrs)...at least no noon sun....peak 2bedder i tink all noon facing....i only compare 2bedders...

AND...anyone got a unit in tat area...can hold pls hold until far east release the top flrs at horizon...expecting them to sell above 1.6kpsf for seaview units
    If you are considering for own stay. Forget about the 2 bedders in The Peak. There are only 2 rows: 1 facing West with afternoon sun. Another facing West Coast High Way. You can hear the road traffic very clearly. None facing swiming pool.

Thaniks,
    Richard

Default Horizon prefereed

I don't work for Far East, and generally don't like their prices. But for own stay, I prefer Horizon over The Peak.

1) I don't drive. So jam is not a problem for me.
    2) The wash room in The Peak is TOO big (2 sinks in each wash room). That's good for real resorts because you might wake up with your partener at the same time and rushing to use it. But for long term family stay, I don't wake up at the same time as my wife.
    I prefer to use that space for bigger room, so I can put a desk for reading (or a dressing desk for wife).

Thanks,
    Richard

I dont have any internal source, I just look at the map and the map does shows that Balmeg is nearer to Haw Par Villa MRT. I think there should be a underpass at Haw Par Villa so it is safe without the need to cross the road.

Quote Originally Posted by victorchoo
    Where did you get your source from that the MRT entrance is nearer to Balmeg? Care to share?

I have been driving pass the area at least once a week and I thought the construction, hence the entrance is nearer to haw par villa?

TIA

u sure govt dun allow i remember i read on newspaper that excess power generated can sell back to National Grid. Few years back this guy is GM or MD of solar company so he fix his landed roof full of cells for a cost of S$700k+

and balemg is on high ground so going in and out is smooth. Besides, next to balmeg is a stretch of matured trees so should be quite breezing. One minus point for horizon hill is that the access road is deep in and is along the main pasir panjang road. Pasir Panjang hill itself is already very crowded right now.

far east is selling at 1600psf wor breaking record for west coast area. Personally I am happy to see that. Anyway another small plot of land near to Haw Par MRT just sold at 8XXpsf ppr. So I dont think the price in this vicinity is going to drop below 1000psf.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    u sure govt dun allow i remember i read on newspaper that excess power generated can sell back to National Grid. Few years back this guy is GM or MD of solar company so he fix his landed roof full of cells for a cost of S$700k+
    this guy got approval from the government (NEA). I also read that HDB has installed few solar panels in some HDB blocks for testing one year ago. Since then no news or any update on this project.

for solar energy, one big hinderance is our Singapore sky is cloudy so could be a set back for solar energy conservation.

tats why nuclear energy is more appealing now.

to each its own. I prefer bigger wash room cos you won hit yourself against the wall every time you take a bath. And got space for magazine racks.

I don't work for Far East, and generally don't like their prices. But for own stay, I prefer Horizon over The Peak.

1) I don't drive. So jam is not a problem for me.
    2) The wash room in The Peak is TOO big (2 sinks in each wash room). That's good for real resorts because you might wake up with your partener at the same time and rushing to use it. But for long term family stay, I don't wake up at the same time as my wife.
    I prefer to use that space for bigger room, so I can put a desk for reading (or a dressing desk for wife).

Thanks,
    Richard

It is about 300m to the station. How steep is the road leading to condo?
    I dont have any internal source, I just look at the map and the map does shows that Balmeg is nearer to Haw Par Villa MRT. I think there should be a underpass at Haw Par Villa so it is safe without the need to cross the road.

maybe another 150m from the main entrance of balmeg but its on elevated ground so not suitable for old folks with legs cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It is about 300m to the station. How steep is the road leading to condo?

Default MRT exits

There are a few MRT exits. One is just next to The Peak. The hill is rather smooth. The entrance is linked to basement car park.

Thanks,
    Richard

Default History of Transactions

I've noticed some of you have access to the unit number and the transacted prices. Do you have the history of the transactions. It will be interesting to see the history of

#02-04

I bet it has changed hands for something like 5 times and the agent is making a lot of money.

Thanks,
    Richard

There are a few MRT exits. One is just next to The Peak. The hill is rather smooth. The entrance is linked to basement car park.

Thanks,
    Richard

Where you got the source that it is next to Belmeg? Intersting info. I tot the nearest is at Haw Par MRT and one need to walk thru the under pass to talk MRT.

Default MRT exits

Where you got the source that it is next to Belmeg? Intersting info. I tot the nearest is at Haw Par MRT and one need to walk thru the under pass to talk MRT.
    Apart the map you have is a driving map - not to scale, just to show the directions. I don't drive, so I have the freedom to climb up the overhead bridge of West Coast HighWay, and walk around.

There are at least 2 exits: one next to YES center (that might be the actual train station). Another is at the back of Parc Imperial, so it is very close to The Peak.

They are now covered, but the construction site was huge. So I suspect there might be shops under the ground. ... or it can be an interchange for future. I would guess Science Park 2 juction can be the station for future extension. But that will be at least 10 years later.

Thanks,
    Richard

Default TOP

Anyone owning units in this project? When will it be TOP?
    It is under defer payment, so I would expect a few owners don't mind to sell it at a good profit when it is TOP.

Thanks,
    Richard

I read that the TOP now has been delayed to 2Q2011. Yes this is a deferred payment project but I think most bought from self stay. Potential buyer may not have any interest since the asking price is pretty high due to the size of the unit.

Anyone owning units in this project? When will it be TOP?
    It is under defer payment, so I would expect a few owners don't mind to sell it at a good profit when it is TOP.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Last edited by rattydrama; 14-11-10 at 19:32.

Default Expected TOP for Peak at Balmeg

The last update in MCL newsletter (Nov) says expected TOP is ard 1Q2011. Next Update will be in mid Jan.

Default Horizon Residences

horizon now 1700psf and Balmeg only 1300psf top earlier and yet no takers. Can anyone share why?

41 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-02
    Freehold
    $1765
    $2394k
    23 Nov 10

41 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-01
    Freehold
    $1707
    $2315k
    27 Sep 10