Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Sky@eleven (D11, Freehold, Singapore Press Holdings)

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    I agree with your observation. Because i am one of those whom have pulled my units from the market since late last year. Reason? Cost of replacement is high (NO mother father CMs when I bought) and so is not worth to sell. Better to milk from the rental!

unlike you ... I have not even put it out for sale ... I just thought about it ..

since the price has rallied 225% from where I paid for it .. its tempting to take profit ... but replacement cost just as high ...

and since its been rented out .. at a very good yield .. I decided not to sell ..

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    If u stay in one, has another investment property and is holding cash, then you fall into the category I mentioned.

DKSG
    I fall into this category... but I'm not buying as i not willing to pay Abs(ur)d fees! And so are a lot of ppl...
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock
    I fall into this category... but I'm not buying as i not willing to pay Abs(ur)d fees! And so are a lot of ppl...
    Yup, i buy overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    unlike you ... I have not even put it out for sale ... I just thought about it ..

since the price has rallied 225% from where I paid for it .. its tempting to take profit ... but replacement cost just as high ...

and since its been rented out .. at a very good yield .. I decided not to sell ..
    It's hard to find a replacement with all the cash.

I mentioned in some other threads - there are more and more people paying the ABSDs. A quick check in the showflat will reveal quite a few of them.

Yesterday, when I was viewing a resale unit, I also come across an old couple who shake their heads when I mentioned the ABSD. And they told me "what to do, government want to tax more and more, but no choice, just got to pay, else money left in the bank, 10 years later, dont know become what ?!"

I believe this thinking is common amongst many ppl 50+ years. They have seen the wanton mee from $2.00 just a few years back sell until now $3.00-$3.50.

What are your thoughts ?

DKSG

I mentioned in some other threads - there are more and more people paying the ABSDs. A quick check in the showflat will reveal quite a few of them.

Yesterday, when I was viewing a resale unit, I also come across an old couple who shake their heads when I mentioned the ABSD. And they told me "what to do, government want to tax more and more, but no choice, just got to pay, else money left in the bank, 10 years later, dont know become what ?!"

I believe this thinking is common amongst many ppl 50+ years. They have seen the wanton mee from $2.00 just a few years back sell until now $3.00-$3.50.

What are your thoughts ?

DKSG
    When CM7 came out, I told myself `I'm not going to pay the ABSD'. But time goes by, I'm starting to think maybe should just pay this `tax'....treat it as nation building fund or security fund or whatever you call it....

Still undecided as I have not seen an `irrestible buy' that will challenge my earlier conviction. Was looking to add 1 or 2 more city centre 1-2 bedder for investment....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj
    When CM7 came out, I told myself `I'm not going to pay the ABSD'. But time goes by, I'm starting to think maybe should just pay this `tax'....treat it as nation building fund or security fund or whatever you call it....

Still undecided as I have not seen an `irrestible buy' that will challenge my earlier conviction. Was looking to add 1 or 2 more city centre 1-2 bedder for investment....
    That means there are quite a few people ahead of the thinking curve compared to you...

DKSG

What are your thoughts ?

DKSG
    There is no compelling factor for me to pay the ABSurD at this moment. Reason: Prices are at the peak, yields are low, not much upside and no, i am not following the herd though I must admit there are times when I was tempted.

I am doing what I have always preached - Patience. Timing is most crucial when it comes to buying and selling, just like stocks.

Whether this turns out to be the right or wrong tactic, nobody knows.

One thing for sure though, I am not selling my 2nd property.
    When you have eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Friends have been telling me that the prices of condos are beginning to reach their peak already.

But i thought otherwise, with improving infrastructure and more accessibility in future, i wonder how much higher they can go up to.

There is no compelling factor for me to pay the ABSurD at this moment. Reason: Prices are at the peak, yields are low, not much upside and no, i am not following the herd though I must admit there are times when I was tempted.

I am doing what I have always preached - Patience. Timing is most crucial when it comes to buying and selling, just like stocks.

Whether this turns out to be the right or wrong tactic, nobody knows.

One thing for sure though, I am not selling my 2nd property.
    Recently, I viewed a few units of PCs in an area outside town and was very surprised to see how prices have moved since 6 months ago. 6 months back, you can easily find FH PCs in this area that is $1,200 psf, but now, most have move up their prices (and people are buying) at $1,400.

You are right, patience is key to successful property investment. But now as the market moves to equilibrium, there are really quite a few good deals out there.

In April, alone, at least 10-20 developments have seen record prices being hit. And the reason ? Because they are selling for at least 15% below their comparable counterparts in the area.

So, in conclusion, I must say, there are PCs out there worth paying the ABSD for, but we will have to work much harder to find them.

May all forumers - Huat!

DKSG

SG market has always lagged behind HK ... we are much further behind this round ... And SG is beginning to shine like Monaco and already a proven tax haven ... As viewed by wealthy foreigners ... I think the upward growth is still intact ...

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2
    Friends have been telling me that the prices of condos are beginning to reach their peak already.

But i thought otherwise, with improving infrastructure and more accessibility in future, i wonder how much higher they can go up to.

Recently, I viewed a few units of PCs in an area outside town and was very surprised to see how prices have moved since 6 months ago. 6 months back, you can easily find FH PCs in this area that is $1,200 psf, but now, most have move up their prices (and people are buying) at $1,400.

You are right, patience is key to successful property investment. But now as the market moves to equilibrium, there are really quite a few good deals out there.

In April, alone, at least 10-20 developments have seen record prices being hit. And the reason ? Because they are selling for at least 15% below their comparable counterparts in the area.

So, in conclusion, I must say, there are PCs out there worth paying the ABSD for, but we will have to work much harder to find them.

May all forumers - Huat!

DKSG
    Agree... Having said that, if there is a `good' buy that I find irresistible I will pay the ABSD. Maybe I didnt look hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55
    SG market has always lagged behind HK ... we are much further behind this round ... And SG is beginning to shine like Monaco and already a proven tax haven ... As viewed by wealthy foreigners ... I think the upward growth is still intact ...

Yes, i think the gap is going to get wider between "Us".
    Not very ideal in terms of the future sociology of Singapore. I guess we all have different needs, and i hope people will stop categorising one another with regards to who stays in hdb/private.

That means there are quite a few people ahead of the thinking curve compared to you...

DKSG
    Exactly......like some of you, I also visit showflats AND resale units to feel the pulse of the market every now and then, when time permit. I had the same observation and you probably came to the same conclusion with similiar observation ie more people are swallowing the ABSD. In fact, if you were to read Thama's recent comment that there is no CM planned in the near future....I think the govt found that with each CMs, it will only push more people to buy since the huddle gets higher and harder to board the ship.

Anyway, I'm also somewhat limited by my budget due to the last CM. Would have been able to buy 1-2 but now at most can only buy 1 more. So I'm definitely behind the curve....can't be ahead all the time, have to be contented

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj
    .can't be ahead all the time, have to be contented
    That is the way man!

this deal very fishy .. sell to son?

2009-09-10 #XX-XX 2,271 970psf 2009-08-12 1,614psf -1,462,524 29 -99.8

n super large unit profit super

2013-05-06 #XX-XX 5,490 1,430 2007-02-28 1,075 $$$1,948,950 2,259 4.7
    Ride at your own risk !!!