Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Quite a few IDs recommend this, just that the hollow structure must be able to withstand a certain weight
    Would it be with timber strip then? Would there be water proofing issues to the items stored underneath any idea? tks!

heckler & koch Guest

Would it be with timber strip then? Would there be water proofing issues to the items stored underneath any idea? tks!
    of course there will be. it is open to the elements, what do you think.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heckler & koch
    of course there will be. it is open to the elements, what do you think.
    Not exactly completely Opened to elements right? There will afterall be some protection by the timber strips? Albeit not completely?!?

Unregistered Guest

most IDs will take into account waterproofing issue for outdoor areas. they'll prob do a box-cabinet style underneath, similar to what you see on yachts storage areas

Unregistered Guest

Hi, there is an article in Business Times today which might be of interest to us in the future, for your information

Special Focus

Published April 6, 2007

ENVIRONMENT
    Origin-ator of eco-friendly pest control business
    By PAMELA CHEW

A PEST control business winning even one award for being environment-friendly might sound a bit of a contradiction, but not so for the family-owned company Origin Exterminators which has taken two awards for being eco-friendly.

One of the green alternatives Origin uses in its war against pests is a water-based misting method of pesticide dispersal. Unlike the traditional fogging method, this reduces air pollution significantly.
    In an industry that relies heavily on toxic chemicals for pest control, Origin has stood out against using traditional pesticides but still manages to act effectively against infestations.
    Origin is a trailblazer in the industry, and says it is the first in the world to achieve the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certification.
    And its efforts to sustain the environment were further validated last month when Origin won an award for best environmental reporting at the Singapore Green Summit. The award acknowledged the firm's success in transparent accounting and promoting environmental awareness in its business.
    Origin develops eco-friendly pest management methods ranging from general services such as termite baiting to mosquito and rodent management for the residential sector, to more tailored and specific solutions for businesses.
    One of the green alternatives Origin uses in its war against pests is a water-based misting method of pesticide dispersal. Unlike the traditional fogging method, misting reduces air pollution significantly.
    And Origin believes that other businesses can be profitable by going 'green' too.
    As a small and medium-sized enterprise (SME), Origin takes in about $8 million in annual turnover. While the company did not want to divulge its profits in detail, it said that profit takings are healthy enough for the bulk of it to be reinvested in research and development (R&D).
    Director and head of R&D Carl Baptista said that businesses have to look at being eco-friendly from a different angle.
    'Companies think that by going green, it may eat at their profits, but look at it this way - by going green, they would be targeting customers who appreciate the importance of sustaining the environment, and increasingly there are more of these people around,' he said.
    There are some notable names in Origin's clientele. Hotels Ritz Carlton Millenia and Conrad Centennial, pharmaceutical firm Pfizer, the Singapore Zoological Gardens, the National Parks Board and various town councils.
    The company emphasises that it does more than just render a service. Origin business development manager Deanne Ong said the pest control business is more than just spraying pesticides and killing pests.
    'Anyone can just spray pesticides, but to control the pests well, you need to know when, where, why, and how to use it, so as to not harm the environment and affect the biodiversity,' Mrs Ong said.
    Mr Baptista added: 'If you have a mosquito problem, we'll deal with them specifically and customise our methods so as to preserve other species of insects within the affected area.
    'For instance, the Istana had a mosquito problem but they wanted to keep the cicadas chirping. . . . so we came in and developed a treatment that delivers the desired results.'
    Origin's ability to kill pests while preserving biodiversity has seen luxury resorts knocking on its door for consultancy services.
    'In the last four years, I've been a consultant for eco-friendly pest control methods for resorts under the Como and One&Only brands in the Maldives and Bali. . . . and in Mauritius, the national environment agency sought advice on methods to contain a vector-borne disease similar to dengue which was threatening tourism,' Mr Baptista said.
    Origin has employed green practices for over a decade and it is no longer a conscious effort for the company.
    'We started using green methods not only because ethically we felt it was right, but also because we thought it'd be a great marketing tool to differentiate ourselves from the competition. . . We did have sceptics, even within the company, but now being green is part of our idealogy,' Mr Baptista said.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln
    I got a prelim estimate for covering the planter with timber. May cost about $1k including material and workmanship. Apparently, it has to be custom made to fit so cost a little more.

Am also thinking of converting kitchen into wet and dry areas, seems to be the "in" thing now.
    Hi Lincoln, I have also asked a contractor from Beauty World Centre to go down to Raintree showflat to check out the planter and give me a prelim estimate. According to him, the showflat unit is using parquet for the conversion. His estimate for material (using Chengai wood --meant for outdoor purposes) and workmanship is about S$1800 with 2 years warranty. Do you know whether your quote is for parquet (indoor) or chengai wood (outdoor)? Thanks.

Unregistered Guest

Anyone has any idea who is the contractor that did the planter conversion for Raintree showflat? We could get a quotation from them too.

Unregistered Guest

Just went to showflat today. Very impressed with showflat ID and adding $45K if buying it is good value. But I already bought my unit last year at $520 psf. With present selling price of $620 psf, my $100K plus cost avoidance will be more than enough to get similiar kilat ID as latest showflat. Will definitely spend it to make my RT a dream home in nature. Also went to foot of Bt Timah Hill. My 3 year old son was holding ice-cream in plastic bag and shit a fierce monkey just SNATCH the food from him. He got a big fright and cried loudly saying he don't want to go there any more. Neighbours please be reminded NOT TO FEED MONKEYS, else we might get siniliar experience if our love-ones walks home holding packet food from hawker centre and unfortunately encounter such "human feeded" monkeys who are daring enough. Perhaps Monkey also know how to bully small boys.

lincoln Guest

Hi Lincoln, I have also asked a contractor from Beauty World Centre to go down to Raintree showflat to check out the planter and give me a prelim estimate. According to him, the showflat unit is using parquet for the conversion. His estimate for material (using Chengai wood --meant for outdoor purposes) and workmanship is about S$1800 with 2 years warranty. Do you know whether your quote is for parquet (indoor) or chengai wood (outdoor)? Thanks.
    The quote I have got is for Chengai wood. But it may not be as accurate as yours cos my ID hasn't seen the real showflat.

To find out which ID company did the showflat can check with the agent.

Unregistered Guest

Just went to showflat today. Very impressed with showflat ID and adding $45K if buying it is good value. But I already bought my unit last year at $520 psf. With present selling price of $620 psf, my $100K plus cost avoidance will be more than enough to get similiar kilat ID as latest showflat. Will definitely spend it to make my RT a dream home in nature. Also went to foot of Bt Timah Hill. My 3 year old son was holding ice-cream in plastic bag and shit a fierce monkey just SNATCH the food from him. He got a big fright and cried loudly saying he don't want to go there any more. Neighbours please be reminded NOT TO FEED MONKEYS, else we might get siniliar experience if our love-ones walks home holding packet food from hawker centre and unfortunately encounter such "human feeded" monkeys who are daring enough. Perhaps Monkey also know how to bully small boys.
    I presume the actual cost for the ID should be more than 45K, wondering what is the market rate for the ID. The agent said the name of the ID firm is "expression ,,,something:. anyone bother to share the information, I guess we can just call the ID company to find out.

lincoln Guest

Expression Galleries.... that was the ID for the old show flat. Not sure if the new one is using the same company.

The agent has also told me that the ID of the current showflat cost $45k and that includes the furnitures and most things you see in the show room. I didn't probe for further details so anyone else who knows otherwise, please correct me.

Actually, a $45k budget for ID of a condo is rather generous already, especially if you don't intend to do any hacking or major modification of layout. Most of the ID packages for Condo are about $10k+.

Unregistered Guest

Latest news: 11 units left and as from today, no more discount given. Showflat #02-04 sold today too!

camelot Guest

Someone here asked -- What kinda fencing we will have at RT? Acc to the agent, it's going to be a solid concrete white wall around the perimeter.

Unregistered Guest

Agreed! Peoople should not feed monkeys! For all we know the monkeys may have had experience of bring fed by small boys ice-cream or otherwise,with the encouragement of adults.

Litterbugs too have a hand to play. Throwing ice-cream sticks and remnants on the floor. Have seen monkeys picking up sticks & wrappers with ice-cream bits leftover to munch on...

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by camelot
    Someone here asked -- What kinda fencing we will have at RT? Acc to the agent, it's going to be a solid concrete white wall around the perimeter.
    That's too bad! The whitewalls would probably turn blackish in no time.. especially being so close to plants, trees & moisture...

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln
    Expression Galleries.... that was the ID for the old show flat. Not sure if the new one is using the same company.

The agent has also told me that the ID of the current showflat cost $45k and that includes the furnitures and most things you see in the show room. I didn't probe for further details so anyone else who knows otherwise, please correct me.

Actually, a $45k budget for ID of a condo is rather generous already, especially if you don't intend to do any hacking or major modification of layout. Most of the ID packages for Condo are about $10k+.
    Well guess there are some amount of custom work done in the showflat, like headboards, dressing tables, fales ceilings, full length wall mirrors, dining display unit, increasing electrical points, patchworks, decor items etc, and perhaps the 45k includes furnitures?

Unregistered Guest

Thanks.....good to know that it's solid concrete and not wooden, definitely feel more secure

Unregistered Guest

Question Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Wonder why the develper did not choose a more "woodish" colour like the dark brown that they use for the separating wall of the planter. Colour should be easier to maintain and in no time when climbers plants overgrow and cover the concrete wall, should look pleasing and natural as it will blend in very well with its natural surroundings....

Yeah... I find the brown a little too raw and chocolatey... dark deep brown would be more classy....

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jrdl
    Yeah... I find the brown a little too raw and chocolatey... dark deep brown would be more classy....
    Deep brown wood? Ewwwww you mean classy like KTV lounge?

I don't know what u mean cos I have never been to a KTV Lounge.... deep dark brown like the chengai wood staircase of Lincoln Modern loft units....

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jrdl
    I don't know what u mean cos I have never been to a KTV Lounge.... deep dark brown like the chengai wood staircase of Lincoln Modern loft units....
    It is okay. What about Chinese restaurants? Yeah I think I know what you are talking about... the deep dark wood like the ones they use in Chinese restaurant decor and furniture.

Unregistered Guest

"Some IDs are defalut tho.Like glass kitchen walls"

Read the above at another forum. Just to get some clarity if this is true? All along I thought it was a wall.

Precieux Guest

Read the above at another forum. Just to get some clarity if this is true? All along I thought it was a wall.
    Believe it's true. Not walls per se though, its glass panels replacing half of 2 of the kitchen walls.

Never did clarify with them as it doesnt bother me either way. However, the floor plans in the RT sales brochure/ online reflects glass panels with universally recognizable diagramatic representations. (e.g. Walls as double lines, glass/ windows as triple lines, sliding quad lines, etc)

Best check with developer if you would really like to confirm this?
    Last edited by Precieux; 08-04-07 at 03:07.

Unregistered Guest

I have earlier mentioned about DB box,.............. not all DB box is in utility/maid room, for some units, the DB box is in the store area (for shoes) just next to the main entrance door (fyi)

Unregistered Guest

Hi, have a feeling that carpark space might be a little too tight for RT. Only 330 carpark lots for 315 units and 2 shophouses and a management office and contractors. Maybe chaotic if someone holds a party..... where do the guests park their cars? And also families with 2 cars?

Just wondering what are the pros and cons of free parking versus alloted carpark lot to owner either random allocated by developer or by balloting? Will it help to avoid conflict/friction among residents in the future? Will be good to avoid forseeable problems rather than have a bad start with residents potentially arguing about carpark space.

Any comments?

camelot Guest

Yes. that's right. There's a glass wall (only top half) between the kitchen and the dining area.

camelot Guest

Hi, have a feeling that carpark space might be a little too tight for RT. Only 330 carpark lots for 315 units and 2 shophouses and a management office and contractors. Maybe chaotic if someone holds a party..... where do the guests park their cars? And also families with 2 cars?

Just wondering what are the pros and cons of free parking versus alloted carpark lot to owner either random allocated by developer or by balloting? Will it help to avoid conflict/friction among residents in the future? Will be good to avoid forseeable problems rather than have a bad start with residents potentially arguing about carpark space.

Any comments?
    I believe the carpark lots will be allocated by the developer. It will make sense if they allocate the lots according to the location of the condo units. E.g. If you are a Blk 97, your carpark lot will be just right there... and so on. But I do agree that 330 lots are not too many. Maybe they're looking into allowing parking along the stretch of the new road leading into the dvelopment?

Unregistered Guest

I think allocating a designated carpark lot to each resident is a good idea. Imagine the time saved over the years if one can just "zoom into" his/her own carpark lot instead of driving round and round looking for empty lots. Can anyone check with the developer?

Unregistered Guest

I think allocating a designated carpark lot to each resident is a good idea. Imagine the time saved over the years if one can just "zoom into" his/her own carpark lot instead of driving round and round looking for empty lots. Can anyone check with the developer?
    Another advantage: You can easily remember where you park your car the night before instead of trying hard to recall especially if there are more than one driver in the family? haha