Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: The Raintree (D21, 99 years leasehold, Frasers Centrepoint)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    May I ask which blk did you get? When I purchase my unit in Jan this year, agent told me all pool facing 3-rm top floor taken? I even have the print out of all the unit available (with pricing) with me, dun c any top floor available. Hope my agent did't pull a fast one on me

You said highest floor meaning top floor or highest floor available?
    mine's 7th flr, highest for my blk... agents sometimes show u wat they wan to sell, or maybe kiv some units for other buyers, frens, etc

Unregistered Guest

[QUOTE=Unregistered]not all waves are the same....
    light is an electromagnetic wave.
    radio wave is an electromagnetic wave.
    can light penetrate a wall?

the waves are just bending around the walls.
    so the more walls between tower and self, the better!

kudos to those who bought rail facing units!
    sound waves better than radio waves.[/QUOT

How many radio towers are directly facing RT? At what angle? Do you know what sort

I went there a couple weeks ago when all the blocks are elected and managed to take a lot of pics from many angles, only one particulat angle from the pool can actually see part of the tower (the rest was hidden (blocked) by trees) on the mountain top, unless you get an unit #19 or #20, you should even not be able to see thw tower. I think you are simply not making sense by saying that all pool units are facing radio towers. I doubt whether you have been to the site at all?

Unregistered Guest

not all waves are the same....
    light is an electromagnetic wave.
    radio wave is an electromagnetic wave.
    can light penetrate a wall?

the waves are just bending around the walls.
    so the more walls between tower and self, the better!

kudos to those who bought rail facing units!
    sound waves better than radio waves.

I heard the rail facing unit will have more insect problem and afternoon sun. If you can't afford pool facing, just admit it instead spending time here to curse your future neighbours. I have doubt whether you can afford any unit at all. If you do plan to live there, I feel sad for the residents of RT to have your kind of neighbours around. Then again, every basket would have a few apples and that is life, we just need to learn to live with it.

Unregistered Guest

I heard the rail facing unit will have more insect problem and afternoon sun. If you can't afford pool facing, just admit it instead spending time here to curse your future neighbours. I have doubt whether you can afford any unit at all. If you do plan to live there, I feel sad for the residents of RT to have your kind of neighbours around. Then again, every basket would have a few apples and that is life, we just need to learn to live with it.
    Correction:

Every basket will have a few bad apples and sour lemons and you are just one of those bad apple. No big deal

Unregistered Guest

Hey, cool down man! Why all the arguments here? Every apartment unit is a gem to its home owner. We are not in a position to criticise the bad of other pple's apartment. Home is a very personal thing to individual. Let us all live in peace and harmony at the Raintree =)

Unregistered Guest

mine's 7th flr, highest for my blk... agents sometimes show u wat they wan to sell, or maybe kiv some units for other buyers, frens, etc
    Ok, my mistake. After looking thru the lists of available units, yes, yours was still available then.

Unregistered Guest

You explained that radio waves can reach all places using the
    radio-got-music illustration. I explained more technically that
    radio wave, like light, is an electromagnetic wave and
    won't penetrate walls. Bending over multiple walls would be difficult.

If you can't refute back technically, don't use personal insults
    like implying I don't have financial capability, a sour lemon,
    or a bad neighbour. All of which you cannot prove factually.
    Such statements only reflect poorly on your intelligence,
    temper, and civility.

I am glad RT has 300 over units. If it was a smaller development,
    chances of bumping into you would be great.

Unregistered Guest

temper, and civility.

You can't just say radio wave is bad and therefore you are glad that your next door neighbour (those facing the pool) will just absorb the bad wave on your behalf to keep you healthy. You are more than a bad apple, you are actually evel!

If you are really intelligence, you should provide us with the information to inform us on "potentially harzadous" doses by which radio wave may be a probelm. Based on the distance of the tower to RT, in the worst case senario, you find a spot in the RT that you stand there 24h facing the tower directly, what would the daily expsure be and would this level of exposure is considered dangerous?

There is only one radio tower that is partially facing RT. In Hillview area, there are a cluster of radio tower facing the condos. If radio wave is so bad, those folks would be in bad shape by now.

Unregistered Guest

temper, and civility.

It is actually rather insulting that you try to convince us that you are "intelligence". However, given the choice to choose between "intelligence" and "evil", I would rather to live with neighbours who are not intelligence rather than "evil".

Unregistered Guest

It is actually rather insulting that you try to convince us that you are "intelligence". However, given the choice to choose between "intelligence" and "evil", I would rather to live with neighbours who are not intelligence rather than "evil".
    I am a "ghost and evil" crusher, I can help.

Unregistered Guest

last month price has not increased?

anyone buying, drop me an sms 98381221.
    maybe can arrange to buy together...get the 1% additional discount.
    just got the news from the agent, developer has increased the price by another 5% from today. Hope you can ask your agent to lock-in or honor the old rate. I found this surprising as I thought they will do so only on the day they open the showflat. Wondering whether they will increase again when showflat finally open in a few weeks time?

Unregistered Guest

Hello Aunties and Uncles - I call you Aunties and Uncles because you people listen to old wives tales and urban myths on how being near radio towers can cause you radioactive sickness.

My point is: they don't cause you any illness. There is no scientific evidence that it does. The Singapore Government will never let that happen to Singaporeans. Bukit Timah Hill is still a lush evergreen forest inhabited by healthy teeming wildlife and visited daily by many tourists and locals alike. There is practically ZERO effect that radio waves from the tower have on any living thing around.

You get more radiation into your body just by watching your widescreen LCD/plasma TV or typing on your laptop. Did you know that?

Let us put it this way. Do you know Lim Chu Kang, where a lot of Singapore's organic foodstuff are grown? There are lots of radio towers there as well. Won't our food be polluted by radioactive waves? The answer is NO. The radiation is definitely not strong enough, by a few square roots.

Unregistered Guest

Hello Aunties and Uncles - I call you Aunties and Uncles because you people listen to old wives tales and urban myths on how being near radio towers can cause you radioactive sickness.

My point is: they don't cause you any illness. There is no scientific evidence that it does. The Singapore Government will never let that happen to Singaporeans. Bukit Timah Hill is still a lush evergreen forest inhabited by healthy teeming wildlife and visited daily by many tourists and locals alike. There is practically ZERO effect that radio waves from the tower have on any living thing around.

You get more radiation into your body just by watching your widescreen LCD/plasma TV or typing on your laptop. Did you know that?

Let us put it this way. Do you know Lim Chu Kang, where a lot of Singapore's organic foodstuff are grown? There are lots of radio towers there as well. Won't our food be polluted by radioactive waves? The answer is NO. The radiation is definitely not strong enough, by a few square roots.
    Thanks,
    I hope you will be living there. Good to have neighbour like you.

Unregistered Guest

hey, neighbour...waves are not radioactive.
    they are different.

1. at high level, radio wave is *known* as fact to have an effect
    on human health.
    2. at low level and temporary exposure, it is deemed to be safe.
    3. at low level AND long term exposure, scientists are still studying.

government only has guidelines for situation 1 and 2.
    seems like you have guideline for situation 3.
    we must be informed buyers. some of us buying there
    have studied the pros and cons, and made the best
    decision according to each personal conditions and
    environment.

Unregistered Guest

Hey, intelligent but "evil" neighbour! I like your technical explainations.
    Good to have some smart people in RT. Good diversity!

VP Guest

Thanks. I don't live at RT. I am just stating some explainations after reading the post. But don't know why this RT owner so sensitive. If he believes so much that radio wave is safe, then no need to shout so loud. If cannot accept the explaination, then just ignore. No need to call names and make personal remarks. Very childish.

Unregistered Guest

they are different.

on human health.

environment.
    I am glad that you said you have studied before you buy. Please enlighten us if I am at an unit facing pool or evn better, I don't work, but simply sitting at a position directly facing the radio tower all day, am I considered my level of exposure "high"? You must have all the technical number regarding to emission for the radio tower there, can you kindly share with the rest of us.
    Proof us you had really done the research pertaining to the specific case to RT, else anyone can pull out the type of statements made by you from internet in five mins.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VP
    Thanks. I don't live at RT. I am just stating some explainations after reading the post. But don't know why this RT owner so sensitive. If he believes so much that radio wave is safe, then no need to shout so loud. If cannot accept the explaination, then just ignore. No need to call names and make personal remarks. Very childish.
    I think he/she was angry not because he annoyed by the comment that radio wave wasn't safe. He/She simply annoyed by this person "evil" attitude that his neighbour shield him from all the harmful effect of radio effect. If after 10-20 yrs, it proves that indeed is true, the value of RT would certainly affected and no question entire RT would be affected. If he/she is concerning about the wave, he/she should not live at RT in the first place

Unregistered Guest

they are different.

on human health.

environment.
    Scientists have been studying and debating it for close to hundred year on the so called, "long term effect for low level exposure". I guess the reason that it is so difficult in getting an answer is that no scientist live long enough himself/herself to obtain a definitive conclusion. We all will die someday and I am sure we will never know whether our life span has been cut short by a few years because we are living at RT. Why don't we enjoy all the wonderful things that RT can offer and live life to the fullest

Unregistered Guest

Well said! THere is much more things in life to tackle than fussing over the uncertainties of radio tower. Life is short, enjoy it to the fullest!

sylar Guest

evil implications was put in by the hot tempered RT owner (hotro).
    there was no negative intent when the radiation issue was explained.
    it was just stated as a matter of fact that concrete walls would deflect
    waves. it was not about neighbours human bodies abosrbing waves on
    other's behalf.

hotro threw in those remarks as his personal insults when he couldn't
    refute simple technical explainations. now he's trying to use the technical
    approach to his advantage by asking unreasonably for hard numbers.
    he refuses to understand that this issue is under study! it is a concern big enough for government to pour money into research and rethink of their guidelines. this topic is not studied for hundred years. electricity and radio waves are not around for so long.

how do you define real evil? my statements which are meant to raise a potential issue which might affect everyone? OR one who chooses to make blanket statements to brush away the possible hazards and make it *definitely* safe (because it is safe for yio chu kang vegetables, it is safe for us!).

who is worse? the one who cried...hey, i smell smoke. maybe got fire!
    or the next guy who said...what smoke? no smoke. small fire won't kill.
    let's enjoy the fresh air instead!

....because he wants to believe that the fire will not affect his life or his property? ignorance is bliss indeed. radiation may or may not shorten one's life. maybe not by a few years. maybe not at all. maybe it might affect our kids instead. or maybe not at all.

do you know of asbestos history in the 40's? at that time even governments aided in the denial that asbestos was hazardous. asbestos were used in house insulation. everyone claimed it was safe.

medical science is not a definitive science. it is made up of observations and a lot of statistics. it takes years to collect such data. even then it is a probabilistic science. e.g. when a doctor see symptoms in a patient, he can only say it high percentage to be a certain illness. compared to engineering which uses more formulas and hard numbers. 1 plus 1 is confirmed 2. when hotro asked for hard numbers of how much exposure is confirmed entering his room and how much is required to fry his naive mind? it's like saying...tell me how hot is the fire in the absolute kelvin scale. tell me how big is the fire and how many houses it is confirmed to burn down! tell me the actual burning pattern of fire! if you can't tell me those actual numbers, then fire must be safe.

i will not make any more post. i have already made my point.
    any more post is only meant to educate one single hotro
    which is a waste of time. hotro likes to bend statements. it is obvious
    his emotion is stronger than his logic. so i have decided let it be then.

the remaining 30 or so potential buyers can weigh all such issues and make their decisions respectively according to their financial capability, risk appetite, and comfort level.

lincoln Guest

Hi fellow RT neighbours

Glad to see such active discussions in this thread.

I bought a 3-room reserve facing unit last year for about $492 psf. I consider it a value-buy for a location like this. There aren't really many reserve facing units left and if I am not wrong, maybe only 2nd or 3rd storey units are available now. Personally, I also think the railway facing units are not that bad, considering the prices are really attractive! For less than $600k, you can get a very high floor unit.....

There has been a lot of concerns about monkeys, pest, huminity, etc. But I guess if you want to live in a surrounding like this, you must be prepared to deal with these less favourable factors. Honestly, I doubt monkey will be an issue, especially for higher floor units.

Last weekend, I've been to the site. Don't think the showroom is opened yet but it will be at Blk 81 near the entrance.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sylar
    evil implications was put in by the hot tempered RT owner (hotro).
    there was no negative intent when the radiation issue was explained.
    it was just stated as a matter of fact that concrete walls would deflect
    waves. it was not about neighbours human bodies abosrbing waves on
    other's behalf.

hotro threw in those remarks as his personal insults when he couldn't
    refute simple technical explainations. now he's trying to use the technical
    approach to his advantage by asking unreasonably for hard numbers.
    he refuses to understand that this issue is under study! it is a concern big enough for government to pour money into research and rethink of their guidelines. this topic is not studied for hundred years. electricity and radio waves are not around for so long.

how do you define real evil? my statements which are meant to raise a potential issue which might affect everyone? OR one who chooses to make blanket statements to brush away the possible hazards and make it *definitely* safe (because it is safe for yio chu kang vegetables, it is safe for us!).

who is worse? the one who cried...hey, i smell smoke. maybe got fire!
    or the next guy who said...what smoke? no smoke. small fire won't kill.
    let's enjoy the fresh air instead!

....because he wants to believe that the fire will not affect his life or his property? ignorance is bliss indeed. radiation may or may not shorten one's life. maybe not by a few years. maybe not at all. maybe it might affect our kids instead. or maybe not at all.

do you know of asbestos history in the 40's? at that time even governments aided in the denial that asbestos was hazardous. asbestos were used in house insulation. everyone claimed it was safe.

medical science is not a definitive science. it is made up of observations and a lot of statistics. it takes years to collect such data. even then it is a probabilistic science. e.g. when a doctor see symptoms in a patient, he can only say it high percentage to be a certain illness. compared to engineering which uses more formulas and hard numbers. 1 plus 1 is confirmed 2. when hotro asked for hard numbers of how much exposure is confirmed entering his room and how much is required to fry his naive mind? it's like saying...tell me how hot is the fire in the absolute kelvin scale. tell me how big is the fire and how many houses it is confirmed to burn down! tell me the actual burning pattern of fire! if you can't tell me those actual numbers, then fire must be safe.

i will not make any more post. i have already made my point.
    any more post is only meant to educate one single hotro
    which is a waste of time. hotro likes to bend statements. it is obvious
    his emotion is stronger than his logic. so i have decided let it be then.

the remaining 30 or so potential buyers can weigh all such issues and make their decisions respectively according to their financial capability, risk appetite, and comfort level.
    The nice thing about this thread is that you can't erase what you wrote.

You said (for those who are interested, please refer to his message on page 6):

"buy Hey, no radio exposure! protected by rear neighbor"

While I guess residents at RT can come you with their own judgement whether it is fair that one resident think you are a bad apple or "evil", I certainly would consider myself very unlucky if I end you with you as my next door neighbour.

resident Guest

dude...are you sure it's the same person?
    i was the one who made the page 6 remarks.
    no wonder that guy called you hotro.

i have a unit facing rail. the guy who explained
    the radation issue to you seems like a kaypoh visitor!
    but heck, i think he's right....
    haha

take it easy. don't be so easily annoyed.

Unregistered Guest

Dear RT owners,

Hazardess or not (Radio wave) I do not know. What I do know is that Singapore has strict regulations on radio wave emissions and cell phone boardcasting station placement and anglement. If residents are uncomfortable with this issue, I'm sure we can raise this issue up with the developer to ask for an official assurance that RT is a safe place to live in. (Since we are not informed at the time of purchase on this issue and think they have a responsibility to survey the site to make safe the place for residence.)

Guess this can only be done when we move in next year. We have other important issues to tackle when moving in to make RT an ideal place to stay.

RT support group, U'll be getting emails mon or tues when I return to office. Thanks for writing in!

Unregistered Guest

hi RT owner:

i want to break my silence though i said i would make my last post.
    i raised the radiation issue because i felt hotro was not right to make
    an uneducated blanket statement.

some people buy houses right in front of main roads and they
    buy with the knowledge that it is *possible* that kids or pets
    might run out and get hit by cars. they don't deny that car accidents
    are impossible. they just live with the risk and try to be careful.

it is not right to say there is a gate or government has strict
    traffic rules. so there will be NO risk. this is irresponsible.
    worse is for the owner to tell other owners the same thing
    as a *fact*. this is considered selfish and stupid.

i didnt say radiation will definitely kill you. maybe or maybe not.
    i am just saying there are no guidelines and nobody knows!
    even present government guidelines are for temporary exposure
    only. they are very strict indeed for present knowledge of the
    sciences. more will be discovered or refuted as scientists collect
    their data.

i applaud what the previous post is trying to do. the effort to find out more instead of hotro's "sweep in under the carpet and call other people names".
    this is progress!

Unregistered Guest

May I ask which blk did you get? When I purchase my unit in Jan this year, agent told me all pool facing 3-rm top floor taken? I even have the print out of all the unit available (with pricing) with me, dun c any top floor available. Hope my agent did't pull a fast one on me

You said highest floor meaning top floor or highest floor available?
    U have been taken for a ride. I was there yesterday, for 3 bdrooms, they still have 3 units with pool facing, 4 units with track facing and 2 units facing the sides. No more top floor though, highest left was 5th flr

Unregistered Guest

Good that you pointed these out, I got so tired from reading postings from those childish ppl arguing. I trust that they are adults but I'm not sure now. For those who are freak out by the radio waves and stuff, I think you shld worry more about putting your mobile phone in your pocket than the radio tower. More likely, the radiation from your mobile would crush your balls instead of the radio tower.

Unregistered Guest

U have been taken for a ride. I was there yesterday, for 3 bdrooms, they still have 3 units with pool facing, 4 units with track facing and 2 units facing the sides. No more top floor though, highest left was 5th flr
    Maybe not. When I purchase my unit then, I had quite a lot of choices with pool facing (I just like pool) but pool facing with afternoon sun is a no no to me and any unit below 4th floor is also no gd. Therefore my choices is quite limited. Also I need to consider the price per sq feet. ;P

Anyway thanks for informing me. So u got a unit? Wonder which 5th floor are u refering to? Care to share?

Unregistered Guest

Maybe not. When I purchase my unit then, I had quite a lot of choices with pool facing (I just like pool) but pool facing with afternoon sun is a no no to me and any unit below 4th floor is also no gd. Therefore my choices is quite limited. Also I need to consider the price per sq feet. ;P

Anyway thanks for informing me. So u got a unit? Wonder which 5th floor are u refering to? Care to share?
    If I dont remember wrongly, it's unit 12 & 19. They are back to back with those track facing and at the 2 ends.
    Yes, I had already got a unit facing the track and was back yesterday just to have a looK as I was around that area.