Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosewood Suites (D25, 99 years, EL Development)

jazzzz

My wife and I finally placed a deposit for one of the units during the weekend sales preview after much deliberation. Honestly, it was quite painful having to fork out so much money for the deposit but we really love the development for its excellent location in Woodlands, resort ambience with its generous water features and comprehensive suite of amenities including a basketball court. However, what really sealed the deal for us was the attractive pricing of approx $560 psf!

Hope to hear from more Rosewood Suites owners/ potential owners on what they like about the development. Letís keep this thread going!

Spin, did you get a unit in the end?

jazzzz

My wife and I finally placed a deposit for one of the units during the weekend sales preview after much deliberation. Honestly, it was quite painful having to fork out so much money for the deposit but we really love the development for its excellent location in Woodlands, resort ambience with its generous water features and comprehensive suite of amenities including a basketball court. However, what really sealed the deal for us was the attractive pricing of approx $560 psf!

Hope to hear from more Rosewood Suites owners/ potential owners on what they like about the development. Letís keep this thread going!

Spin, did you get a unit in the end?

cheeze

Hi jazzz & spin, glad to see a thread on Rosewood Suites! We've also booked a unit there.

Well, hereís my take on what I like about this development:

1) Absolute price of the unit that we like is within my budget (between 600k to 650k)

2) Price per square foot is very reasonable at $550++ psf for a 2/ 3 bedroom.

3) We find the development to very appealing for the following reasons:-
    - Good location in Woodlands (walking distance to Woodlands MRT and Causeway Point shopping mall are big draws for us).
    - Efficient layout means Iím getting greater value for my dollar
    - Full amenities and nice modern facade
    - Medium size project with only 200 units avail. Most mass market projects these days such as Livia and Clover have > 600 units each. Imagine, if I were to assume a very conservative 3 residents per household unit, Iíll be looking at vying with 1,800 people for the use of the pool or gym during the weekends!
    - Rosewood area and nearby woodgrove are designated for private property development only. This translates into greater exclusivity for residents.

4) Monthly maintenance fee at $210 (2 bedroom) and $245 (3 bedroom) is very reasonable when compared to HDB conservancy fees (including parking) of $160+ since Iíll get to enjoy the use of the lap pool, gym and an overall nicer living environment.

Hope I'm not too late in replying to this thread. See you around neighbours!

optraman

Hi Cheeze,

Can you share what size of the unit (2 or 3 bedroom) that you book and the price ?

I was there the last weekend (9 Nov) but was quoted by the Agent around 780K for a 3 bedroom unit (about 1300 sqf) which is non pool facing. Turn out to be about $600 / sqf.

Anyone close at 500 - 550/ sqf. Please share

Rosemary

Quote Originally Posted by cheeze

1) Absolute price of the unit that we like is within my budget (between 600k to 650k)

2) Price per square foot is very reasonable at $550++ psf for a 2/ 3 bedroom.
    Hi Cheeze

Which agent quoted you those prices?
    I couldnt find any decent 2/3 br for less than 600$ psf

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by optraman
    Hi Cheeze,

Can you share what size of the unit (2 or 3 bedroom) that you book and the price ?

I was there the last weekend (9 Nov) but was quoted by the Agent around 780K for a 3 bedroom unit (about 1300 sqf) which is non pool facing. Turn out to be about $600 / sqf.

Hi optraman,

If you are looking at 3 bedroom of 1259 sqft of a non pool facing, there are defintely units that are around $570psf.

Feel free to contact me @ 93369034 if you have any enquiries with regards to this development.

Regards,
    Kelvin
    PropNex

jazzzz

Quote Originally Posted by optraman
    Hi Cheeze,

Hey cheeze, hasnít found the time to check this thread of late but it's great to know that the Rosewood Suites community here is growing!

Optraman, we bought the non-pool facing 1,1xx sq feet (sorry, I got to go home and check if you want the exact size) 3-bedroom unit at Rosewood Suites for $665K which works out to be about $560+ psf. Developer offers 2 financing schemes: progressive and non-progressive, we decided to take up the progressive payment scheme after much discussion.

If you want to enjoy the more preferential rates and assuming your finances allow, I would advise you to take up the progressive payment scheme as I remember the savings to be pretty substantial.

jazzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary
    Hi Cheeze

Rosemary, not quite sure whatís your definition of a Ďdecentí 2/ 3 bedroom but there are many layouts for 2/ 3 bedroom units so you should be able to find a unit that is to your liking. If the unit that you like is from an unreleased stack, you can actually check with your agent on the indicative price range.

cheeze

Quote Originally Posted by jazzzz
    Hey cheeze, hasnít found the time to check this thread of late but it's great to know that the Rosewood Suites community here is growing!

Optraman, we bought the non-pool facing 1,1xx sq feet (sorry, I got to go home and check if you want the exact size) 3-bedroom unit at Rosewood Suites for $665K which works out to be about $560+ psf. Developer offers 2 financing schemes: progressive and non-progressive, we decided to take up the progressive payment scheme after much discussion.

If you want to enjoy the more preferential rates and assuming your finances allow, I would advise you to take up the progressive payment scheme as I remember the savings to be pretty substantial.
    Jazzzzz, is this your first property purchase? Itís my first so itís great that we have a thread here to share our experience.

cheeze

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary
    Hi Cheeze

Rosemary, I was served by a Propnex agent. I can give you his contact if youíre keen.