Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rosewood Suites (D25, 99 years, EL Development)

Quote Originally Posted by leekeith
    how many bedrooms did you purchase based on your percentage increased
    3 bedroom. 7 shares. Nothing I can do about it.

I haven't got my letter leh....sian

Hey did anyone get a scale floor plan from the developer? I realized that we are not given any scale floor plan. Is this the usual practice?

Enquirer from the management office also dun have...

But amazingly my designer has...but it seems to be different from what we see on the ground....like her plan say width is 4m but we measured at most is 3.7m....

I got my scale floor plan on the day I got my keys. You're right, the scale is wrong. The position of the beam is wrong. I'm very disappointed with the quality of my unit. The wardrobe door, normal doors, basins, kitchen cabinet, etc are like HDB-quality. Not so mention the mickey mouse size bedroom, thanks to the bay window. Did anyone actually like the big hole they left for us at the balcony planter? cost me $1000 to fill that up. I found 15 defects in my unit, and after 3 weeks they still haven't retified them. I don't know what the management is doing...

Quote Originally Posted by clng
    I got my scale floor plan on the day I got my keys. You're right, the scale is wrong. The position of the beam is wrong. I'm very disappointed with the quality of my unit. The wardrobe door, normal doors, basins, kitchen cabinet, etc are like HDB-quality. Not so mention the mickey mouse size bedroom, thanks to the bay window. Did anyone actually like the big hole they left for us at the balcony planter? cost me $1000 to fill that up. I found 15 defects in my unit, and after 3 weeks they still haven't retified them. I don't know what the management is doing...
    Are your furnishings compliant with what you saw in the showflat? They can't possibly paint you an entirely different picture right?

Anyway take heart, development next to yours selling at almost double the price yah...

I got 20 defects leow and some I think are major like balcony door frame dented...this may need to change whole frame...

Is your condo built to last and how did it get its TOP status from BCA? Probably the developer wasn't making $ and did a hasty poor job.

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    I got 20 defects leow and some I think are major like balcony door frame dented...this may need to change whole frame...

Did you check your doors? all my doors are badly scratched. No way I can accept that. I want them to change all my doors to new ones. And I don't have a 3 pin socket at the fridge area, so how can I move in without my fridge..
    I know another owner water pipe burst and soaked/damaged his whole kitchen cabinet. The developer really did a sloppy job. Think twice if u wanna buy another property from this developer.

No to mention close to each other and kana blocked.

I think usually developer have to response within 1 month. email to the developer and main contractor should be able to expediate.

Did you check your doors? all my doors are badly scratched. No way I can accept that. I want them to change all my doors to new ones. And I don't have a 3 pin socket at the fridge area, so how can I move in without my fridge..
    I know another owner water pipe burst and soaked/damaged his whole kitchen cabinet. The developer really did a sloppy job. Think twice if u wanna buy another property from this developer.
    You mean they omitted the fridge power point? Based on the floor plan, there should be one...

My main defects are the dents on window frames...just found another 2 dents today...sian...wife also think the toilet bowls are slanted...

But generally I still think is a nice small development.....except no cover walkways to the multiple story carpark....why??

You mean they omitted the fridge power point? Based on the floor plan, there should be one...

My main defects are the dents on window frames...just found another 2 dents today...sian...wife also think the toilet bowls are slanted...

But generally I still think is a nice small development.....except no cover walkways to the multiple story carpark....why??

There's a power point but no 3 pin wall socket so how to use? Talking about multi storey car park, why do you need cover walkway? most of the time we have to park at the open space carpark. So we'll drenched walking to our car if it rain. If you count the no of lots in the mulit storey car park, there's only about 50 lots. Include the open space car park, there's only 200 lots, just enough for the resident. What if you have a visitor? Well, the management won't allow them to park inside, they have to park along Rosewood drive and risk being summon $70. Thanks Rosewood suites for discouraging my friends from visiting me...

There is no cover walkway from all units to the multiple story carpark. I would like that cause I usually have to bring 3 sleeping kids to the car in the morning...so when it rains, it would be a hassle for me...

The number of carpark lots in the condo was known before we bought the condo...din you know that??

There is no cover walkway from all units to the multiple story carpark. I would like that cause I usually have to bring 3 sleeping kids to the car in the morning...so when it rains, it would be a hassle for me...

The number of carpark lots in the condo was known before we bought the condo...din you know that??
    well you can get the kids to rest in your lobby and you can drive the car over to pick them

No basement carpark already bad.

No cover link way worst than HDBs.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    well you can get the kids to rest in your lobby and you can drive the car over to pick them
    err...what lobby?? The front porch behind the guard house? There is also no covered walkway to the front porch...

Anyway this is not a big pain point...1.5 more years to go and no more carrying of kids while they sleep in the morning cause all will be going to school in the morning...

End of day, I still like this condo cause it suits me needs

err...what lobby?? The front porch behind the guard house? There is also no covered walkway to the front porch...

Anyway this is not a big pain point...1.5 more years to go and no more carrying of kids while they sleep in the morning cause all will be going to school in the morning...

End of day, I still like this condo cause it suits me needs
    Big and cheap
    Home to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Big and cheap
    Home to sleep.
    Exactly! hahaha

Now I understand why my reservist campmate in the construction line mentioned always go for reputable developers.

Hi everyone, I am also a resident here and moving in mid-jul. Currently, just started doing the reno works.

Besides no sheltered walkway to carpark, the letter box is not at the block itself and you have to walk to the multi-storey carpark to open your letter box. The other feedback is the washing machine area is quite small - can only fit a sideload washing machine for 7kg. The bomb shelter is quite stuffy - think it will be hard for my maid to stay in there unless I do something about the ventilation.

The finishing is not as good - floor is ceramic tiles and even the flooring is just wooden laminate. Did not really observe the details when I bought, being a first time home buyer. I have 16 items on my defect list from uneven surface at the planter area (not a big deal but I still listed it), a rusty hinge and one of the door is not very aligned.

Having said all these, I like the layout of the blocks and pools - and the balcony area is pretty big by my standards. Will cover up the planter area with ironwood and put outdoor table and chairs for kopi and newspaper in the morning. The direction of the blocks means that you will not get the sun shining right into your windows which reduces the heat. There is bay windows for all my 4 rooms so now, have to find some asthetic use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skateboard
    Hi everyone, I am also a resident here and moving in mid-jul. Currently, just started doing the reno works.

Besides no sheltered walkway to carpark, the letter box is not at the block itself and you have to walk to the multi-storey carpark to open your letter box. The other feedback is the washing machine area is quite small - can only fit a sideload washing machine for 7kg. The bomb shelter is quite stuffy - think it will be hard for my maid to stay in there unless I do something about the ventilation.

The finishing is not as good - floor is ceramic tiles and even the flooring is just wooden laminate. Did not really observe the details when I bought, being a first time home buyer. I have 16 items on my defect list from uneven surface at the planter area (not a big deal but I still listed it), a rusty hinge and one of the door is not very aligned.

Having said all these, I like the layout of the blocks and pools - and the balcony area is pretty big by my standards. Will cover up the planter area with ironwood and put outdoor table and chairs for kopi and newspaper in the morning. The direction of the blocks means that you will not get the sun shining right into your windows which reduces the heat. There is bay windows for all my 4 rooms so now, have to find some asthetic use for it.
    Congrats....if u willing to spend, cover ur baywindow with marble or granite top.....dun ever use those hard top material similar to those kitchen top bcoz very easily scratchable especially u use dark colored ones....another cheaper option will b using engineered wood to lay on it

Can we remove the door of the storeroom/bomb shelter? Without the door I believe we could put in a bigger washing machine...

I think most defects are easily rectifiable so not a major issue with me.

I also like the n-s orientation of the house...after saying in a hdb that faces the full afternoon sun....finally can stay home in the afternoon and dun feel like in a oven!!

Can we remove the door of the storeroom/bomb shelter? Without the door I believe we could put in a bigger washing machine...

I think most defects are easily rectifiable so not a major issue with me.

I also like the n-s orientation of the house...after saying in a hdb that faces the full afternoon sun....finally can stay home in the afternoon and dun feel like in a oven!!
    Hi Kurby, think we can never remove the bomb shelter door under regulation. Up to now, i still cannot figure how we can fit in a decent size washing machine with only 57-58cm of depth.

An alternative I am looking at is to hack off part of the pipe. The other alternative is to shift the washing machine as far left as possible, such that it is the furthest distance from the bomb shelter door. Will do some detailed measurement tomorrow.

Think can fit those simple no frills kind of front loading washer for max 7.5kg...i measured the area vut haven't got around to measuring the washers to see what size fit...but again...not a big issue for me...cause i dun need a big wahing machine, even though i have a big family...

Can wait to move it...the future constructions in this area is what will bother me...especially the land beside us...

Ya.. it is a major concern, as the land is already up for tender. At least 2 years of noise - will be worst for residents facing the hammock

Quote Originally Posted by Skateboard

Why you need a side load washing machine. I bought a top load 10k washing machine and I think it will fit in just nice.

I thought the flooring is homogenous tile, not ceramic? My hdb tiles are ceramic and so I can see the difference. As for the wooden flooring, its exactly same as the showroom, as far as I can remember. The planter area is a joke. Luckily my contractor did a nice job of covering up with tiles, exactly same as the balcony tiles. My balcony looks bigger now, but cost me a cool $1000.

The bay window is another joke. There's no way I can just leave it bare. Its too ugly. I have installed cushion on it. I opt for cushion rather than wooden plank or granite, cos I think its more practical.

Why you need a side load washing machine. I bought a top load 10k washing machine and I think it will fit in just nice.

I thought the flooring is homogenous tile, not ceramic? My hdb tiles are ceramic and so I can see the difference. As for the wooden flooring, its exactly same as the showroom, as far as I can remember. The planter area is a joke. Luckily my contractor did a nice job of covering up with tiles, exactly same as the balcony tiles. My balcony looks bigger now, but cost me a cool $1000.

The bay window is another joke. There's no way I can just leave it bare. Its too ugly. I have installed cushion on it. I opt for cushion rather than wooden plank or granite, cos I think its more practical.
    just curious......I was informed that it's better not to cover up the planter area for a year until the CSC or something like that is issued? will they make u revert to original condition if they find that u have covered up? I'm very interested to know as my new place will also have lots of planter area & I also intend to cover them up

I intend to cover mine with changnai wood...ID say they will not do a fixed cover but rather a 2 section cover so that one part of it can be open to reveal the planter below...then after one year, if you want, you could change the chengnai to whole piece kind...

Hi all, I am also the proud owner of a unit at RS. I stay in one of the pool facing units and reno will be completed by end Jun.

Things are ok so far, except I realise that part of the laminate at my unit does not fully stick to the ground, thus, there is a hollow feel to some parts of the laminate. Has anyone experience this and can this be considered a defect?

Hope to see all of you soon, fellow residents!

I got the hollow feel too. Heard from my ID that its not really a defect. Its a cheaper way to do wooden flooring without using parquet. Just another way for the developer to save money.

As for the planter area, the management did not reject when I submit the proposal to cover it. In fact, they look guilty, knowing that I hate the big hole they left behind. They hope I can plant a few banana trees on it, but sorry, no way is that going to happen.

Kurby, looks like Chennai wood is the popular choice. A lot of ID suggested that to me. I wonder why. I rather have black tiles that looks exactly like my balcony tiles, so that it looks more uniform.

Last week I saw a lot of 1st floor owner covering up their PES with wooden flooring. One of them use Chennai wood. Very nice. Really have the resort feel!