Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rosewood Suites (D25, 99 years, EL Development)

Hi, what is the difference between Chenghai wood and Ironwood? Which is better?

I suppose chennai wood is a easier way to decorate the balcony...with the chennai wood, we are not gonna cover the planter permanently, just gonna have a structure in it and have the chennai wood lay over it...

hmmm i dunno what is ironwood...

the laminate flooring is not new....it is cheaper than parquet and easier to maintain, my current house is with laminate flooring...when i walk with shoes on the laminate in rosewood...it does have a spongy feeling...but designer say is not an issue....hmm just remember to log your warranty with the supplier...

Default Please feedback!

Dear Residents,

I went to visit my unit again today and at the same time, I walked along the entire area of the condo. I have made some observations and will like to share with you:

1. Swimming Pool - Water is green, and of algae. I went up to the condo management and spoke to them - they are aware of this issue and replied that "they are getting people to clean it". This is definitely not right. There should be a better filtration system in the first place and we should not be incurring the added maintenance and cleaning fee of the swimming pool after 1 year (when the developers relinquish their duties).

2. Car Park - Anyone realised that the entrance to the carpark, just besides the rubbish point, is very narrow and not sufficient for 2 cars to pass? There is no convex mirror, not any line markings. In addition, it IS dangerous and accident prone.

I'll start writing to the management committee on these findings. Guys, if you will like to add on to the "fire power", please PM me your email and unit # so that I can make the case stronger. Not to say I expect anything will be done, but at least I am trying.

Regards,
    Lewei

Quote Originally Posted by lewei
    Dear Residents,

I went to visit my unit again today and at the same time, I walked along the entire area of the condo. I have made some observations and will like to share with you:

1. Swimming Pool - Water is green, and of algae. I went up to the condo management and spoke to them - they are aware of this issue and replied that "they are getting people to clean it". This is definitely not right. There should be a better filtration system in the first place and we should not be incurring the added maintenance and cleaning fee of the swimming pool after 1 year (when the developers relinquish their duties).

2. Car Park - Anyone realised that the entrance to the carpark, just besides the rubbish point, is very narrow and not sufficient for 2 cars to pass? There is no convex mirror, not any line markings. In addition, it IS dangerous and accident prone.

I'll start writing to the management committee on these findings. Guys, if you will like to add on to the "fire power", please PM me your email and unit # so that I can make the case stronger. Not to say I expect anything will be done, but at least I am trying.

Regards,
    Lewei
    Thanks for your initiative - i second that, dropped u a pm already.

Default LAND PARCEL AT WOODLANDS AVENUE 2 / ROSEWOOD DRIVE

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-68a.pdf

What is your view on this? $365psf?

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-68a.pdf

What is your view on this? $365psf?
    Moderating down, closing down to EC range, perhaps will fall further. I no expert or guru, just talk cock sing song lah.

Hi all RS owners, wanna check with you guys.

Do you have 3-pin wall socket in the fridge and microwave area? I do not have it.

The main con said that's the design and requirement of PUB. If I wanna use fridge and microwave, I got to ask my own electrician to install the 3-pin wall socket.

Sound ridiculous. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by clng

Do you have 3-pin wall socket in the fridge and microwave area? I do not have it.

The main con said that's the design and requirement of PUB. If I wanna use fridge and microwave, I got to ask my own electrician to install the 3-pin wall socket.

OMG that is rubbish. Who is the main con? They have done a horrible job.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    OMG that is rubbish. Who is the main con? They have done a horrible job.
    band together and see developer all at once!

Hi all, I've got the same question too. There is a switch for the microwave for me: (P12) but at the place where you can put the microwave, there is no 3 pin plug. There is a socket but it is only one-hole kind - not too sure what standards does this belong to.

Anyone can share how to get around the microwave issue?

Hi all, to add on, I think the water condition at the swimming pool has improved. They have also installed a mirror at the carpark when you turn from the main gate.

I am still hoping to band together to highlight this issue (narror carpark exit) as a design issue with the developers - hoping to get more support from residents (so far, only 2 ppl responded). If you are keen to take this forward, do PM me your email and unit #. Thanks.
    Last edited by lewei; 12-06-11 at 16:01. Reason: More clarity

Hi all, to add on, I think the water condition at the swimming pool has improved. They have also installed a mirror at the carpark when you turn from the main gate.

I am still hoping to band together to highlight this issue (narror carpark exit) as a design issue with the developers - hoping to get more support from residents (so far, only 2 ppl responded). If you are keen to take this forward, do PM me your email and unit #. Thanks.
    I would think this is tough - enlarging the exit now will undermine the foundation of the MSCP. It would have been far easier to rectify this before laying the structures - unfortunately this developer seems to be cost-cutting quite a bit on both materials and quality of design.

Whoever the managing agent appoints will have a hard time dealing with complaints for first few years. Cracks in tiles, water seepage, drainge choking, landscape problems, interior defects...list goes on but usually with a reputed developer the list is smaller.

Anyway good luck!

From what I understand, there should be a 3pin socket behind/beside your fridge for your use.

Once the fridge is installed, u will not be able to access the plug (unless u shift the fridge). Hence under the new regulations (dont know when) the developer is required to install another switch which is linked to the socket behind/beside your fridge for you to on/off easily (eg switch off the fridge when doing cleaning job).

My 2 projects have them and both are relatively new. One TOPPed earlier than yours and the other same period.

You can raise a defect and refuse to sign off until they fix it??

Hi all, I've got the same question too. There is a switch for the microwave for me: (P12) but at the place where you can put the microwave, there is no 3 pin plug. There is a socket but it is only one-hole kind - not too sure what standards does this belong to.

Anyone can share how to get around the microwave issue?

developer must cater for it. No? Is this microwave free from developer?

Microwave Oven not from Developer. Funny thing is there is a switch (with light indicator) just below my cabin labeled "Microwave". However, I do not see any 3-pin plug which I can connect to my microwave oven.

Seems like there are quite some confusion over the plug...

These is what I have and what i gathered after looking at the switch and the floorplan...

1. There is a cupboard on top of the oven. This is for the microwave and there is a one point plug there. according to the developer, we can ask them to come fix the microwave once we are ready to install the microwave.
    2. Open the cupboard on top of the cooker hood. You will see the same one point plug for the cooker hood. this is probably how it will be for the microwave as well.
    3. As for the fridge, there is no plug for the fridge directly behind the fridge. Just below the cabinets, there is a row of 5 power points/switch. This is where you see the switch with the microwave words. And the last switch in this row of switches, is a 3-pin plug. This one is probably for the fridge. I believe the floorplan also indicated as such....

Good to see that they have installed a mirror at the entrance...what i would like to see now is them to start cleaning up the whole place...

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Seems like there are quite some confusion over the plug...

These is what I have and what i gathered after looking at the switch and the floorplan...

1. There is a cupboard on top of the oven. This is for the microwave and there is a one point plug there. according to the developer, we can ask them to come fix the microwave once we are ready to install the microwave.
    2. Open the cupboard on top of the cooker hood. You will see the same one point plug for the cooker hood. this is probably how it will be for the microwave as well.
    3. As for the fridge, there is no plug for the fridge directly behind the fridge. Just below the cabinets, there is a row of 5 power points/switch. This is where you see the switch with the microwave words. And the last switch in this row of switches, is a 3-pin plug. This one is probably for the fridge. I believe the floorplan also indicated as such....

Good to see that they have installed a mirror at the entrance...what i would like to see now is them to start cleaning up the whole place...

I do not understand your point 3. I have looked everywhere and couldn't find any 3-pin socket near my fridge. I have checked with the main con, and this is what I gather. The 1-pin socket is by design, which enable us to off/on the fridge from another place. This is the same for the cooker and hob. According to them its very easy to connect to the socket. Just ask a electrician to cut your fridge power cable and connect. The problem is my new fridge/microwave warranty will be void if I cut the power cable. I have give up reasoning with them and decided to ask my contractor to change the 1-pin socket to 3-pin one. The on/off is still from another place. I have to pay for it of course.
    Question is why the developer couldn't just installed a 3-pin socket instead of 1-pin? Cut corner again?

I do not understand your point 3. I have looked everywhere and couldn't find any 3-pin socket near my fridge. I have checked with the main con, and this is what I gather. The 1-pin socket is by design, which enable us to off/on the fridge from another place. This is the same for the cooker and hob. According to them its very easy to connect to the socket. Just ask a electrician to cut your fridge power cable and connect. The problem is my new fridge/microwave warranty will be void if I cut the power cable. I have give up reasoning with them and decided to ask my contractor to change the 1-pin socket to 3-pin one. The on/off is still from another place. I have to pay for it of course.
    Question is why the developer couldn't just installed a 3-pin socket instead of 1-pin? Cut corner again?
    Seems like we may have a different design in our kitchen. I have no 1-pin for the fridge...just have a 1-pin for the microwave inside the cupboard...

I attached a pic...hope you can see it...to the left of the empty space (for the fridge) is a row of plugs/switch...the rightmost one is a 3-pin plug which i believe is for the fridge...

Seems like we may have a different design in our kitchen. I have no 1-pin for the fridge...just have a 1-pin for the microwave inside the cupboard...

I attached a pic...hope you can see it...to the left of the empty space (for the fridge) is a row of plugs/switch...the rightmost one is a 3-pin plug which i believe is for the fridge...

Yes, different design. I believe yours is a 4 bedder. For those 3 bedder like myself, we'll have the same problem. The developer obviously didn't use their brain when designing the kitchen. Or perhaps, they're just inexperience.

I spoke to the MA today. The reason why it is a one-hole plug is to comply with fire safety regulation. You will have to either change it to a 3-pin plug yourself or you have to modify the microwave cable - in essence cuttting it and getting a ceritified electrician to install it for you.

THis will of cus void the warranty of your microwave oven. Funny huh..

Developers should have provided the microwave oven if this is the case, as the installation of it by ourselves is not so straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Skateboard
    I spoke to the MA today. The reason why it is a one-hole plug is to comply with fire safety regulation. You will have to either change it to a 3-pin plug yourself or you have to modify the microwave cable - in essence cuttting it and getting a ceritified electrician to install it for you.

THis will of cus void the warranty of your microwave oven. Funny huh..

This is absurd! If it is to comply with fire safety regulation, we shouldn't be allowed to change it to 3-pin plug ourselves in the first place. Does that means that we have to void all our electrical appliance warranty in order to use the 1-pin one? I hate to imagine next time the cooker,hob and oven spoilt and I need to replace them. If i buy a new oven, do I have to seperately engage a certified electrician to install it for me? This doesn't make sense at all. And why only condo has this fire safety regulation and not HDB?

We should actually find out if this is common practice...it seems rather wierd to allow us to change it to 3-pin plug ourselves if it a against fire regulations...dun believe everything the MA says...hahaha...sometimes they just bs us...

I will not let this dampen my excitement of moving to my new place hahaha....

We should actually find out if this is common practice...it seems rather wierd to allow us to change it to 3-pin plug ourselves if it a against fire regulations...dun believe everything the MA says...hahaha...sometimes they just bs us...

I will not let this dampen my excitement of moving to my new place hahaha....
    Well I can tell you it's not common practice at all - I am surprised why they did that!

Anyway u got it at a good deal so just suck it up and enjoy yah

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Well I can tell you it's not common practice at all - I am surprised why they did that!

Anyway u got it at a good deal so just suck it up and enjoy yah
    Hahaha...Enjoying every moment of it...the good the bad...anything that can be repair or change is not an issue...just a hassle...

I notice actually quite many have moved in and not so many are up for sales...there is even a ground floor unit that is combining 2 units into one....wow very nice!!

Hahaha...Enjoying every moment of it...the good the bad...anything that can be repair or change is not an issue...just a hassle...

I notice actually quite many have moved in and not so many are up for sales...there is even a ground floor unit that is combining 2 units into one....wow very nice!!

Combine 2 unit into 1? Can do that meh? like HDB jumbo flat. haha.

When are you moving in? I moving in on the 2nd July. Less than 3 weeks left. YEAH!

When are you moving in? I moving in on the 2nd July. Less than 3 weeks left. YEAH!
    can, only if design is possible. The non load bearing walls can go.

Just like a mirror image type units. The center wall could be partially removed. (Join living room can already)

Me not so soon...ID haven't even do site visit yet

No hurry....

Saw some 7xxpsf sales going on propertyguru

Btw, feels a bit weird to move in so early. Room is surprisingly cool, even during daytime. But things are so quiet at night..