Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Varsity Park (D5, 99 years leasehold, CapitaLand)

Property_Agents Guest

Thumbs down

Gonna avoid all DTZ agents ! Unprofessional with vested interests !

sf Guest

got a 2-bdrm for sale.....any offer

123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sf
    got a 2-bdrm for sale.....any offer
    650psf - 700psf ai mai

Price_2room Guest

Smile

Bruddy,,, what price are you looking at ? What floor ? What facing ?

VP buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Price_2room
    Bruddy,,, what price are you looking at ? What floor ? What facing ?
    I am also trying to look for a 2 bedder for the last 2 months at VP. I believed there are only 2-3 units left for sale for 2 bedder. All are asking above 800psf, 1 even ask for 920psf which of course is a pool facing and high floor.

Anyone who knows got cheaper 2 bedder, please contact me. thanks.

JasonK Guest

Default Good yield?

To owners of VP,

What rent psf are you getting currently? I am very keen on buying a unit for investment. Thank you

VP owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK
    To owners of VP,

What rent psf are you getting currently? I am very keen on buying a unit for investment. Thank you
    Bro, rental is about 3.5 - 4.5k depending on when you start yr rental.

If you check last Sat advert., u will noticed only 1 seller at 900psf. I believed those who want to sell already sold off their property. If you want to buy for investment, be prepared to pay high psf.

My honest opinion of VP:-

Pros of VP - generous surrounding, good for families with lots of kids
    - low level units
    - affordable maintenance fee
    - lots of expats
    - few units on sale/rental, good to maintain psf, particularly
    during a slump
    - nice pool
    - generous and spacious basement carpark (bright
    and airy
    - near NUS, 2 Jap school, polytechnics, SIM etc etc, good for
    rental.
    - Proximity to AYE and City

Cons of VP - Average quality finishing
    - Leasehold
    - near the port
    - no MRT

-

jan Guest

I went to VP twice recently because a friend owned a unit at block 6X. Really like it a lot and my partner and friend viewed it yesterday.

Of course, like what some of you say nothing is perfect. The furnishings of her unit is so-so. While sitting in the living room, the lights flicker on and off throughout. I asked them what's that and was told it was bad electricial wiring. I didn't really like the adult pool and the area is a little too empty with limited facilities.

BUT, I do like the carpark, the low-rise buildings which means low density population. Taking a walk around on a sunday evening to get a feel of it's crowd density is ok. I have seen worse projects with highrise buildings and a lot of people! I particularly like units at certain floors and relax feel. It reminds me a little of SAFTI MI but I think it's still different and ok. The design of the buildings look ok to me and sitting in their house i can't hear much noises from the outside. Location wise i think it's not too bad really. I think it's a worth buy for what they paid for before TOP.

However, I did a little search for prices now and i think it's too expensive with some units going for almost a million for a 99 year project. For 1.2million i can get freehold landed property and build 3 storeys closer to the city. I'm just comparing it with the sale of a loft unit at 1.6m which the agent claimed to be. Not putting down VP, i think it's nice and did try to look for a unit.

JasonK Guest

Default VP

Thanks very much. VP is very beautiful but I have decided to buy The Foliage as it is freehold and also just recently completed.

dadaism Guest

would u consider central? Largest price dip
    Thanks very much. VP is very beautiful but I have decided to buy The Foliage as it is freehold and also just recently completed.

Leasehold Supporter Guest

Jason,

U should not put freehold as a top priority when searching for yr dreamhome. MOre importantly, yr family must enjoy the layout, the practicality, the location etc etc. Did you noticed that there is no yard at Foliage? This is important when you need space to hang yr clothings and do yr laundries.

If you have not noticed enough, most of the units at Foliage are hanging and drying their laundries at their balcony which to be frank, its really an eyesore and a dis-service to Foliage. My 2 cents worth. Happy living.

wasted Guest

jan

i doubt you will buy anything, not at varsity park or anywhere.
    your points of considerations are just too shallow.

<<I went to VP twice recently because a friend owned a unit at block 6X. Really like it a lot and my partner and friend viewed it yesterday.

Of course, like what some of you say nothing is perfect. The furnishings of her unit is so-so. While sitting in the living room, the lights flicker on and off throughout. I asked them what's that and was told it was bad electricial wiring. I didn't really like the adult pool and the area is a little too empty with limited facilities.

BUT, I do like the carpark, the low-rise buildings which means low density population. Taking a walk around on a sunday evening to get a feel of it's crowd density is ok. I have seen worse projects with highrise buildings and a lot of people! I particularly like units at certain floors and relax feel. It reminds me a little of SAFTI MI but I think it's still different and ok. The design of the buildings look ok to me and sitting in their house i can't hear much noises from the outside. Location wise i think it's not too bad really. I think it's a worth buy for what they paid for before TOP.

However, I did a little search for prices now and i think it's too expensive with some units going for almost a million for a 99 year project. For 1.2million i can get freehold landed property and build 3 storeys closer to the city. I'm just comparing it with the sale of a loft unit at 1.6m which the agent claimed to be. Not putting down VP, i think it's nice and did try to look for a unit.>>

jan Guest

Thanks for your concern. I just did and it's better.

Unregistered12345 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wasted
    jan

i doubt you will buy anything, not at varsity park or anywhere.
    your points of considerations are just too shallow.

<<I went to VP twice recently because a friend owned a unit at block 6X. Really like it a lot and my partner and friend viewed it yesterday.

However, I did a little search for prices now and i think it's too expensive with some units going for almost a million for a 99 year project. For 1.2million i can get freehold landed property and build 3 storeys closer to the city. I'm just comparing it with the sale of a loft unit at 1.6m which the agent claimed to be. Not putting down VP, i think it's nice and did try to look for a unit.>>
    Pls lah, 1.2M get freehold landed property in D5 and can build 3 storeys closer to the city => u trying to cheat small kids ah? Tell me where 1.2M can do it?

nice but waste of time Guest

varsity park is a nice development to live in or experience resort living, but when it comes to investment propects, it is a waste of time.

Ardmore1* Guest

Hello everyone. Heard that SG in recession so i came here
    to laugh at you guys. Hip hip hooray!

Ardmore2* Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ardmore1*

"..... you need to be technically correct when you post.

Singapore government forecasted Singapore in Technical Recession for Q3 2008 based on July and August figures. We will know the September results by the end of October.

Economists forecast lower GDP Growths for the next 2-3 years. They did not forecast Recession. ....."

News Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ardmore2*

Singapore government forecasted Singapore in Technical Recession for Q3 2008 based on July and August figures. We will know the September results by the end of October.

Economists forecast lower GDP Growths for the next 2-3 years. They did not forecast Recession. ....."
    Just f.y.i..

The last "technical recession" occurred in 2002.

The last "recession" occurred in 2001 when the GDP growth was -2.4%.

$1 million Guest

i came to laugh at a poor joker like u who cant afford to buy a condo...hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardmore1*

tigersee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by $1 million
    i came to laugh at a poor joker like u who cant afford to buy a condo...hahaha
    Confirmed you are stucked man.

tigersee2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tigersee
    Confirmed you are stucked man.
    So are you. Ha ha ha!

singapore Guest

Oct 10, 2008

S'pore slips into recession

# MTI lowers 2008 forecast to 3%, from earlier 4-5%
    # MAS moves to ease monetary policy
    # Inflation has peaked

SINGAPORE has slipped into its first recession since 2002 after its economy declined for a second straight quarter, prompting the central bank to ease monetary policy favoring gains in its currency in an effort to confront the downturn.

The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) on Friday also revised downwards Singapore's full-year growth forecast to around 3 per cent from an earlier estimate of 4 to 5 per cent, citing a slowdown in the global economy and key domestic sectors.

At the same time, the Monetary Authority of Singapore said it was easing monetary policy for the first time in more than four years. It said on Friday it is shifting to a 'zero-percent appreciation' stance and will intervene to reduce "excessive volatility'.

There will be no re-centering of the band of change in the so-called width, the range in which it is allowed to trade, said MAS.

Central banks around the world are loosening monetary policy and cutting interest rates as an escalating global credit crisis that's toppled banks in the US and Europe saps growth.

MTI said the impact of the worsening US financial crisis and the deepening credit crunch had weakened US consumer sentiment, which will affect demand from Asia and the rest of the world.

On a seasonally adjusted quarter-on-quarter annualised basis, real GDP declined by 6.3 per cent in the third quarter after contracting 5.7 per cent in the previous quarter, the ministry said.

While it did not describe the economy as being in recession, a technical recession is generally defined as two consecutive quarters of contraction in economic output.

Economists polled by Dow Jones Newswires had forecast a 0.3 per cent quarter-on-quarter rise in gross domestic product, the value of goods and services produced in the economy.

Singapore's last technical recession occurred in 2002 while the most recent full-scale recession was in 2001, when the economy contracted 2.4 per cent during the year.

Compared with the third quarter of last year, the ministry said Singapore's economy contracted by 0.5 per cent in real terms, against 0.8 per cent expansion foreseen in the Dow Jones poll.

In August the government had revised down its full-year GDP forecast to 4.0-5.0 per cent but since then, external economic conditions have deteriorated more than expected and some sectors of the economy have weakened significantly because of industry-specific or domestic factors, the ministry said.

'Singapore's export-oriented sectors, such as manufacturing, will be affected,' it added.

Last year the economy expanded 7.7 per cent but after years of growth, signs of a slowdown emerged with recent disappointing trade data and contractions in the important manufacturing sector, which includes the export-dependent electronic and pharmaceutical industries.

In August, key non-oil domestic exports fell for the fourth straight month, with electronic shipments continuing a decline begun in February 2007, while manufacturing dropped by 12.2 per cent.

The August fall in output followed a 21.5 per cent decline the previous month.

The government's preliminary third-quarter GDP estimates are based largely on data from July and August, and are subject to revision.

Inflation peaks
    Inflation, which reached a 26-year high earlier this year, has peaked, said MAS. Consumer prices will rise between 6 per cent and 7 per cent this year, and gains will ease to between 2.5 per cent and 3.5 per cent in 2009, it predicted.

'Against the backdrop of a weakening external economic environment and continuing stresses in global financial markets, the growth of the Singapore economy is expected to remain below potential in the period ahead,' said MAS.

'Inflation is expected to trend down in 2009 as the global and domestic economies slow.'

Exports slump
    Singapore's US$161 billion (S$239 billion) economy declined 0.5 per cent last quarter from a year earlier, compared with a revised 2.3 per cent gain between April and June.

Growth has deteriorated as a slump in export demand forced factories to cut production, tourist arrivals faltered and a real-estate boom ended, reported Bloomberg news.

The island's manufacturing industry, which accounts for a quarter of the economy, contracted 11.5 per cent last quarter from a year earlier, compared with a revised 4.9 per cent drop in the previous three months, according to today's report.

Singapore's government expects exports to decline as much as 4 per cent this year, and the island's shipments of electronics goods have fallen for 19 consecutive months.

Financial services
    Services climbed 6.1 per cent in the third quarter from a year earlier, slowing from a 7 per cent pace in the previous three months. The city-state will probably miss a government target of 10.8 million visitors in 2008, the tourism board said on Sept 23, after visitor arrivals dropped 7.7 per cent in August.

'The financial services sector is likely to see slower growth in the coming months as the ongoing global financial crisis has heightened uncertainties for sentiment-sensitive segments such as stocks trading and fund management activities,' said MIT.

The construction industry grew 7.8 per cent, easing from a revised rate of 19.8 per cent in the previous quarter.

Singapore's benchmark Straits Times Index slumped 7.3 per cent to its lowest level since November 2004 on Friday in opening trade after the economic data and policy statement.

The Singapore dollar rose to $1.4724 per US dollar after the central bank's announcement compared with $1.4780 as traders adjusted positions after the widely expected move. -- AFP, REUTERS

Question Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ardmore2*

Quote Originally Posted by News
    Just f.y.i..

The last "technical recession" occurred in 2002.

The last "recession" occurred in 2001 when the GDP growth was -2.4%.
    Quote Originally Posted by singapore
    Oct 10, 2008

The government's preliminary third-quarter GDP estimates are based largely on data from July and August, and are subject to revision.

The Singapore dollar rose to $1.4724 per US dollar after the central bank's announcement compared with $1.4780 as traders adjusted positions after the widely expected move. -- AFP, REUTERS
    So these are preliminary numbers based on data from July and August. When can we get the final GDP figure?

If Q4 growth is higher than Q3 growth, does that mean we need another 2 slowing quarters after Q4 to get another technical recession?

Goldenage Guest

Smile Is tis ?

Is this the golden age that is being preached ? The data cannot be right.. Else he cannot be wrong..

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenage
    Is this the golden age that is being preached ? The data cannot be right.. Else he cannot be wrong..
    His golden age is next 5 to 10 years. Now only 5 to 10 months. You can't fault him, can you?

2008 is around +3.0.
    If 2009 is + and 2010 onwards are also +, then you surely cannot fault him.

Default tour to VARSITY PARK CONDO

hi,
    u can view the surrounding with 720 degree virtual tour from this website
    http://www.virtualhomes.sg/varsityparkcondo

saw an ad for a VP unit for $650 psf. It is way down from $800 psf only six months ago.

But will the owners lower the price to $500 to move the inventory? You cannot sell an unit for more than $600 psf in this market.

Default whats going on with Valuation?

last transaction shown in URA caveat for feb 2009 was 650 - ish psf ...

i asked for a valuation from a bank yesterday and was quoted 450 psf ...????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    last transaction shown in URA caveat for feb 2009 was 650 - ish psf ...

i asked for a valuation from a bank yesterday and was quoted 450 psf ...????????????????????
    Now that is interesting. Why? the bank being conservative? or perhaps the bank knows something we don't know.

or just because this is a shitty condo with poor workmanship and design. yes, i notice that the railings on the balcony are made of wrought iron, and make each unit look like a monkey cage. the linear design, with units lined up perfectly, also make the condo looks like low cost public housing.

but surely the bank should be able to lend at more than 500 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Now that is interesting. Why? the bank being conservative? or perhaps the bank knows something we don't know.

or just because this is a shitty condo with poor workmanship and design. yes, i notice that the railings on the balcony are made of wrought iron, and make each unit look like a monkey cage. the linear design, with units lined up perfectly, also make the condo looks like low cost public housing.

but surely the bank should be able to lend at more than 500 psf.
    bank said they got the valuation from DTZ ...
    that leads me to think that its total bias ..

if DTZ wants to sell the expensive orchard condo ..they can give at 1500 psf valuation ..then they price will never fall below that ..

if DTZ has no interest to sell, say Valley park ...they give a valuation of 650 psf ... even when the latest transaction was almost 900 psf ..

what can you do ??

i just find it strange and manipulative