Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis @ Alexandra Road (D3, Freehold, Yi Kai Development and Fission Group)

Thumbs up

If my information is accurate, latest update should be close to....

90% SOLD!!!

and there are still buyer in the showflat right at this moment when I am typing this at home...

Pet

Thumbs up

heard she was actually the same buyer who attempted at least more than 5 selections to buy some units... took her time to chose unit by unit and ended up all her choice units were snapped up by other buyers. in the end fed up dun wanna buy... lolz...

Dun know if its really true.. but i did heard from my fellow colleagues that most buyers did had to chose units over and over again in order to buy...

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    If my information is accurate, latest update should be close to....

90% SOLD!!!

and there are still buyer in the showflat right at this moment when I am typing this at home...

Pet
    Like that tomorrow can start to flip?

i was reviewing the floorplans that were released earlier this week and it looked like an investment development than one for individual stay. There was not a single unit with a yard or storage and all of them are so congested. Quite disappointing i must say but good to know that there are still buyers in this period of uncertainty.

these developments are selling simply because of great marketing.

send an army of agents out there, multiple emails, ads, SMSs, etc etc. the number of marketing touch points i have gotten since last week on Alexis is simply mindboggling

bring a herd of people into the showrooms to have that rock concert sentiment and excitement

with such huge numbers going into the showrooms, even at low conversion rates, sure got people buy

like the saying - there's one born every day

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SL
    Like that tomorrow can start to flip?
    cannot.. cos not exercise S&P and stamp duty not paid...

Pet

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    these developments are selling simply because of great marketing.

send an army of agents out there, multiple emails, ads, SMSs, etc etc. the number of marketing touch points i have gotten since last week on Alexis is simply mindboggling

bring a herd of people into the showrooms to have that rock concert sentiment and excitement

with such huge numbers going into the showrooms, even at low conversion rates, sure got people buy

like the saying - there's one born every day

bro.. this morning all cheque collected before Alexis was launched was safekept by developer till the ballotting @ 5pm. cheque submission for consideration on ballotting was cut off @ 2pm with subsequent First Come First Served. meanig to say at least 40-50% of the sale was actually close before today's launch and some of the buyers were there to collect OTP... you need the buyers' interest before these deals to be closed. meanwhile after so many days of cheque submission, buyers who regretted could have withdrawn the cheque but they did not and this gives you a signal that they know on basis on most negative factors in current market situation, this project is definitely a must buy best buy! of course it does take two hands to clap as well.

Pet

bro.. this morning all cheque collected before Alexis was launched was safekept by developer till the ballotting @ 5pm. cheque submission for consideration on ballotting was cut off @ 2pm with subsequent First Come First Served. meanig to say at least 40-50% of the sale was actually close before today's launch and some of the buyers were there to collect OTP... you need the buyers' interest before these deals to be closed. meanwhile after so many days of cheque submission, buyers who regretted could have withdrawn the cheque but they did not and this gives you a signal that they know on basis on most negative factors in current market situation, this project is definitely a must buy best buy! of course it does take two hands to clap as well.

Pet
    I think most of those commenting appear to think that Alexis is overpriced (assuming at 1000 psf). Your comments seem to suggest that you disagree, so I am quite curious as to your views of the development? Unless it's inconvenient, in which case it's alright.

Pet
    well said, and i do believe you. which brings me to troubling conclusions.

• Funds are disposing at 10% off developer's price
    • Luxury market has dropped 35% off highs at least
    • Smattering of apartments are already selling at 10% off developer's price
    • dozens of '08 launched projects remain unsold
    • analysts say further 20-40% fall, economy is worsening
    YET
    • Caspian 80% sold at 600psf for a 99 yr
    • Alexis 70% sold at 1000psf
    WHY?
    Gurus and lau chiaos - pls advise

YET
    WHY?

my guess is both caspian & alexis the $ quantum is not big..
    caspian psf is lowest, whereas alexis psf high but unit size small, so both work out to far less than $1m.

for most hdb upgraders 1m is a psychological barrier..

me no guru though

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru
    I think most of those commenting appear to think that Alexis is overpriced (assuming at 1000 psf). Your comments seem to suggest that you disagree, so I am quite curious as to your views of the development? Unless it's inconvenient, in which case it's alright.

simple..

1) anything within 500m of mrt are generally 99yrs. Alexis FH!
    2) Price for unit within the above range are easily or at least 20-30% higher most other location within same district.
    3) Capital appreciation are also generally faster than those out of above range.
    4) Commercial/Residential Land are generally much more valuable than sole residential land due to the commercial value combining the popularity of the area. this is yet to take consideration that other commercial retail building around the areas as well.
    5) the site is located in one of the most sought after location in the entire singapore other than the prime districts due to the pricing. convenincy has not been elaborated yet...
    6) potential upside of further of future development to the entire area around theis project.
    7) jan 2009 transaction 3rm hdb - blk 50 & 56 built year 1968 $560k & $530k rspectively.
    8) Nov 2008 - Jan 2009 transaction for 3rm hdb - blk 163-blk 171 built 1970-1971 between $238k-$330k.
    9) meiling street market asking price for most units going @ avg $300k
    #7-#9 against Alexis start price was relatively well cushioned by the hdb estate units by launching from unexpected price from $420k onwards!!!
    9) effectively utilisation of space without compromising the facade of the entire project (do remember that all units i Alexis do not comes with the much hatred household shelter like other projects in singapore)
    10) state-of-art design & technology even on the kitchen fittings with integration of kitchen appliances (Fully equipped kitchen)
    11) First & only project that come with decoration of swarvoski crystal on some of the fittings. this is the one and only unique project available in singapore. you definitely will not find them available in other project that comes fitted originally from developers. effective facilities including singapore longest fh condo sky pool.

with all these bits & pieces of small & minor cum mostly well ignored facts.. what other projects can be comparative? Only one in singapore and that is in ALEXIS!!! Look at it in this way.. this project had already sold itself to the public many months back before we as agent had even got the chance to have any sneak preview on the building design or even floorplans only till lately!!!

These are my personally research and analysis on this projects and anybody who cares to share their views will be most welcome!!!

Pet

I feel Alexis is more like a hotel development haha

Thumbs up

well said, and i do believe you. which brings me to troubling conclusions.

• Funds are disposing at 10% off developer's price
    • Luxury market has dropped 35% off highs at least
    • Smattering of apartments are already selling at 10% off developer's price
    • dozens of '08 launched projects remain unsold
    • analysts say further 20-40% fall, economy is worsening
    YET
    WHY?

bro, like i had always shared with you.. new launches are priced at future when market upward adjustment factor in together with inflation rates in consider over the number of years during construction.

When developers launches they project well priced, there will be very likely no further room for negotiation in pricing. only those launches that were price right but somehow due to unforeseen or drastic circumstances, it was deems as not well priced and had the need for readjustment in terms of pricing.

in yester years, new launches were benchedmark using resale units. but recent years it was already vice versa which resale sellers are adjusting the pricing of their property basing of new launch prices.

one off cases with individual panick selling are always happening.. in bad times people wont buy cos they said "sure will drop further!!! wait somemore". in good times.. people will not buy again as they mention "cannot be!!! where got so good deal sell so cheap??? something is definitely wrong with this unit!!!"

there is always a low, median & high in all properties. when priced right will always be in median ranges. over demand will result in high transaction price. low transaction price are happening in cases where owners are lacking of confident in their properties and happens in extremely small percentage for fear of not being able to sell in case something bad does really happens. yet most cases you realise no matter how it drops.. 20%, 30% or even 40%, the price will always remains well within the gauge of the median. developers due to biz have their individual surveyors and consultants before the pricing while owner usually do not have such luxurious abilities of engaing professional thus doing their own individual & personal analysis leading and eventually resulting in the extreme side either way.

analyst from papers who claims to be really professional enough coincidently to be an employee of corporate and not one of the top & most succcessful businessman. sadly.. if they would be a really top top & successful businessman, do you think they will have the time or even be bothered to share what they think with you??? most of them would rather choose to quietly close in on the deal they are eyeing on basis of their conclusion. why would the top man in uob bothers to enter the market late last year to grab easily 3 super high end properties during the uncertainties regardless if US banking & finance sectors are in troubles? do you not think they have their own insider news about possible collaspe fo those few mega banks?

these are the 2% of the entire world population who continues to make it big and hit it rich while the rest of the 98% in the entire world are overly concerned with either saving a little more ending up paying more or worrying about earning that bit of more profit ending up losing more.. sadly but truely... most of us belongs to this group of 98%... so ask yourself what would you be? are you the 2% or the 98%? if you think you are the 2%, why did you the same as these people? put yourself into these people's shoe and ask yourself if you will be willing to share with the public your thoughts about market if you are one of the top business man or would you choose to keep quiet earning by entering and/or leaving the market while the 98% are still hanging over uncertainty over it will rise or drops further... if me.. I rather quiet close the transactions and laungh all the way to the banks rather than crying over the public reacting resulting in burst deals..

Just my 3 humble milicents though...

Pet

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by august
    I feel Alexis is more like a hotel development haha
    if alexis hotel then grading by stb sure 6* type of hotel due to the facilities and retail while queens no matter how good max 4-5* only... lolz

Pet

Thumbs up

I missed out something... very IMPORTANT!!!

its an extremely good news to all of you buyers that the bad times is now here or is it a good news instead???

bad news for developers mean they make lean profits and they also translate that only bad news for developers that you can have extremely good opportunities to buy at such price...

if today's market is booming.. would you have bought??? I am very sure most of you will not buy at all!!! WHY? cos very simple.. most of you would have seem the units being priced out of range to you or most of you will be too busy chasing after the price which you called as good price! end up your good price may eventually be high price to you and out of afforable range beyond reach.. you end up getting too tired of it and thus never get to buy anything at all... so is it a good new to you now in this case then?

LATEST UPDATES ON ALEXIS,

MORE THAN 75-80% SOLD ON DAY 1 OF PREVIEW LAUNCH!!!
    UNBELIEVABLE!~~~

Ok, for u folks out there who missed out on the Day 1 preview yesterday as the showflat was damn packed to the brim the entire day, I 'll be able to help u guys out by doing a non-obligatory presentation TODAY, TML & SUNDAY by appointment @ Anchor Point where there is place to sit and discuss. If u are keen after the non-obligatory presentation, we can then proceed to the showflat for one last viewing before u commit into Alexis. This is way better than squeezing in the showflat.

Pls contact me @ 81835132 for more info.
    LATEST PRICE LIST, AVAIL INVENTORY & FLOOR & SITE PLANS ALL IN HAND!!!
    I'm a WALKING MOBILE SHOWFLAT
    Alexis is expected to be SOLD OUT SOONER THAN U EXPECTED so if u are really keen, hurry down.
    Personally, take-up rate is really shocking and amazing in this times.
    No worries, there are still good units avail in Alexis so don't wait too long ~~

Enjoy the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by nusnam
    i was reviewing the floorplans that were released earlier this week and it looked like an investment development than one for individual stay. There was not a single unit with a yard or storage and all of them are so congested. Quite disappointing i must say but good to know that there are still buyers in this period of uncertainty.
    There is one project that dun have yard and storage but dun have to go and squeeze like fish market to view, and in very desirable location too (IMHO though). The project is Parc Sophia just behind The Old School at Dobby Ghaut. Personally its a much better place to be in (2 cents worth).

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    There is one project that dun have yard and storage but dun have to go and squeeze like fish market to view, and in very desirable location too (IMHO though). The project is Parc Sophia just behind The Old School at Dobby Ghaut. Personally its a much better place to be in (2 cents worth).
    Parc Sophia is about 1200psf isn't it? That's 20% more expensive, though admittedly the location is also better.

Parc Sophia is about 1200psf isn't it? That's 20% more expensive, though admittedly the location is also better.
    personally if i HAVE to buy now ..Alexis will be better than Parc sophia ...

reason :

Alexis is FH (Anchorage as well ..the rest 99yr)
    near MRT
    near town
    yet have cheap HDB stuffs across the road (dawson )and around it (sterling, meiling,ABC mkt, AV, QS shopping centre) ..

Sophia
    if you drive ...you almost always have to go one direction for a long while before you can find a turn to get back into town ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

reason :

near MRT
    near town
    yet have cheap HDB stuffs across the road (dawson )and around it (sterling, meiling,ABC mkt, AV, QS shopping centre) ..

Sophia
    if you drive ...you almost always have to go one direction for a long while before you can find a turn to get back into town ...
    Hmm, would disagree with you regarding cheap stuff. Little India just down the road, so plenty of cheap food/stuff, and there's also Peace Centre, Sim Lim Square, etc all within walking distance. So in that area would be on par. But have to agree with you that driving might be a problem. Area is frequently congested, not to mention have to pay ERP when going home and coming out haha.

Pet
    Pet, I really like the way you rev up the market sentiment.. I wish you work for my company to help rev up the sales so stop more heads from rolling. Refering to those mark in red in your quote.. I'm glad I did not believe in those countless sms/letter/emails that were sent to me saying I'm the VVIP. I asked a Hutton fellow who told me VVIP viewing on Feb-12, why some people I know of seemed to have viewed the unit and he denied my observations. He insisted that I'm VVIP and I will get the best of the best

Sure this condo is "must buy best buy"..

Please come and get hired in my company.

Think its near or at 1000 psf now.

I would never pay $1100psf for any project in that location with shops at ground level. If it is a proper condo I will consider but maybe around 950 - 1000psf based on current sentiment. For this kind of price I would have been better off buying Newton Edge for eg.

Sold well because of aggressive marketing and the small sized units which means low outlay. Marketing started a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

reason :

near MRT
    near town

Sophia
    In addition to what's mention on the avaliability of cheap food, Bugis is very near too. Lots of cheap food there.

But most importnatly, rental no problem. SMU is there, Lasalle SIA is there NAFA is there, plus the under construction School of the Arts is just in front.

The reason why I like there is cos next time I dun have to drive. Bus straight is Suntec/Marina. Walk another direction Sim Lim/Bugis. Walk backwards Dobby Ghuat/Orchard. Lots of bus in front of the Atrium too.

Last but not least, MAIN point is.......Dobby Ghuat is the interchange for 3 MRT lines, can go anywhere you want conveniently.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...18902,00.html?

Published February 13, 2009

Alexis at Alexandra pulls in the punters

By LIEW AIQING

PREVIEW sales of the 293-unit Alexis at Alexandra Road started yesterday and developer Fission Group said that at least 50 per cent of the development has been sold at prices ranging from $850 per square foot (psf) to $1,100 psf.

Keen interest: A seasoned property consultant said that interest in Alexis is likely because most of the units are small and prices range from $450,000 to $650,000

The company was coy on the exact number of units sold but it may have been a tad too modest. Some buyers BT spoke with at the crowded show flat said that they were told by marketing agents that up to 85 per cent of the units had been sold by 7.30 pm.

'The prices are competitive compared with other condominiums, but its proximity to the MRT and CBD makes the Alexis a good investment,' said Steven Kwok, a potential buyer who had been quoted a price of $1,050-$1,100 psf.

Another buyer said that compared to the recently launched Caspian ($580 psf), Alexis is not cheap but he hopes to resell the property for a profit. He also said that compared to what was quoted in an invitation he had received earlier, prices quoted at the showflat were 10 per cent higher.

According to official data, three units at The Anchorage next door sold at $848-$929 psf in the fourth quarter while a unit at Queens on Stirling Road sold for $894 psf this month.

Fission Group has tied up with United Overseas Bank to offer an interest absorption scheme, which, like the now-scrapped deferred payment scheme, allows buyers to defer any payments beyond an initial downpayment until the project receives Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).

Alexis is being built on the former Alexandra Centre which was put up for collective sale in 2007 for around $300 per square per plot ratio. It is not known how much Fission Group paid for the site.

A seasoned property consultant said that interest in Alexis is likely because most of the units are small. At between 400 sq ft for a one-bedroom unit and 650 sq ft for a two-bedder, prices range from $450,000 to $650,000.

He also said that there was 'still liquidity in the market' and investors with a two-year investment horizon would still find property attractive. 'There is no point putting money in a bank,' he added.

Over on the east coast, City Developments Ltd (CDL) will launch a new phase for its Livia condominium in Pasir Ris at an average price of $620 psf, or about $30 psf less than the launch price of the first phase. A total of 30 units in two stacks will be offered in the second phase.

Chia Ngiang Hong, group general manager of CDL said: 'The company senses a renewal of market interest and improvement in buyer sentiment. More people have been visiting our showrooms, and many have made offers for units that have yet to be launched.'

friend just told me his agent called and say left 40 plus units lol

congrats to developer for overwhelming success!

Quote Originally Posted by august
    my guess is both caspian & alexis the $ quantum is not big..
    caspian psf is lowest, whereas alexis psf high but unit size small, so both work out to far less than $1m.

for most hdb upgraders 1m is a psychological barrier..

me no guru though
    Can compare caspian to alexis lah, one is 99 the other is freehold, one is in Jurong one is near town? Is like comparing macdonald to a restuarant selling hamburgers.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SL
    Pet, I really like the way you rev up the market sentiment.. I wish you work for my company to help rev up the sales so stop more heads from rolling. Refering to those mark in red in your quote.. I'm glad I did not believe in those countless sms/letter/emails that were sent to me saying I'm the VVIP. I asked a Hutton fellow who told me VVIP viewing on Feb-12, why some people I know of seemed to have viewed the unit and he denied my observations. He insisted that I'm VVIP and I will get the best of the best

Sure this condo is "must buy best buy"..

Please come and get hired in my company.
    Hi SL,

You seriously wanna offer me a job ah? I not cheap one leh.... hehe... but but but.. can i still do real estate for part time in that case? will i get sack for moonlighting? lolz

Pet

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    In addition to what's mention on the avaliability of cheap food, Bugis is very near too. Lots of cheap food there.

But most importnatly, rental no problem. SMU is there, Lasalle SIA is there NAFA is there, plus the under construction School of the Arts is just in front.

The reason why I like there is cos next time I dun have to drive. Bus straight is Suntec/Marina. Walk another direction Sim Lim/Bugis. Walk backwards Dobby Ghuat/Orchard. Lots of bus in front of the Atrium too.

Last but not least, MAIN point is.......Dobby Ghuat is the interchange for 3 MRT lines, can go anywhere you want conveniently.

Okie bro.. support me buy parc sophia then... steady?

Pet

Thumbs up

ALEXIS LATEST UPDATE!!!

LAST
    UNITS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!

*Accurate as to 1am when I left the showflat!*