Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis @ Alexandra Road (D3, Freehold, Yi Kai Development and Fission Group)

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    Hey Pet,

Not saying that you are lying. But there are another person saying that he tried more than 3 min and I am saying 10min. You must be super tall (I already 1.8m).

The block of Queen Condo is already quite a long block which even after you finished walking pass Queen, you still not yet reach the MRT station.

My understanding of 3 min distance are the following Condo: MeraPrime, The Mertopolitan Condo or Queen).
    3 min from Queenstown MRT to Queens backgate? unless u walk extremely slow.

Ai yo.. Walking time also must argue.

From the site, if facing the car showflat (you turn left to MRT), I take 8 mins.

From Alexis backdoor facing the track (just estimate only. no idea where is the exact backdoor though), I take 5 mins.

I still maintain my stance that the smallest unit (300 sq ft) at Alexis is for my dog to stay.

Let's put this talk to rest.

according to google earth, the distance of the walkable path from the designated Alexis main entrance to the MRT escalator to overhead bridge is 600m.

if they build a side gate at the commonwealth avenue side, the distance is 300m.

the average human walking speed is 4km/h or 4000m/h.

It takes 9 minutes at normal walking speed. prob about 12 mins at leisurely stroll. halve this if they build a side gate at the commonwealth side.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Ai yo.. Walking time also must argue.

From the site, if facing the car showflat (you turn left to MRT), I take 8 mins.

From Alexis backdoor facing the track (just estimate only. no idea where is the exact backdoor though), I take 5 mins.

I still maintain my stance that the smallest unit (300 sq ft) at Alexis is for my dog to stay.
    ya lor why are these people arguing over how long it takes to reach the MRT ..when it rains .. 3 mins is considered too long ... right ???

and 300 sqft is dog house hahahah

by the way my master bed room is 1000 sqft .. excluding walk in closet and bathroom ... how much would the rental of my master room be ??? walking distance ..(confirmed) 8 mins to MRT ..

Default Lazy bums

Walk a bit also kpkb!

lol. i dun think they are kpkb coz of the walk.

i think it's because huttons was marketing 'right next to MRT' as a key selling point.

it's almost like building a condo in the midst of hdb heartlands in west coast and say 'right next to MRT'

oh wait

i think they have

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    lol. i dun think they are kpkb coz of the walk.

i think it's because huttons was marketing 'right next to MRT' as a key selling point.

it's almost like building a condo in the midst of hdb heartlands in west coast and say 'right next to MRT'

oh wait

i think they have

an agent friend of mine who has been in this profession for 15 yrs ..said to me : NEVER MIND FROM BLUE PRINT .. rather wait till TOP when you can see the actual unit .. even if you end up paying higher ..
    rather than buying 'cheap' and upon delivery , find yourself having bought a undesired unit ...

i have followed his 'rules' since ..and havent regretted ..be it bull or bear market ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    an agent friend of mine who has been in this profession for 15 yrs ..said to me : NEVER MIND FROM BLUE PRINT .. rather wait till TOP when you can see the actual unit .. even if you end up paying higher ..
    rather than buying 'cheap' and upon delivery , find yourself having bought a undesired unit ...

i have followed his 'rules' since ..and havent regretted ..be it bull or bear market ...
    Depends, buy to flip most likely a must. Of course there are high risks involved. If doesn't sell well then lose money, if buy like during 2005 and sell before 2008 then can earn. For own stay, your choice. I can't say much.

This is how big a 350sqft apartment is. the picture taker is backed up to the wall. This unit doesn't even have proper bed, but a sofa-bed at the far end. if you put a queensize bed with a bedframe, it extends out to the middle of the room. Just to give you an indication of how small this is based on the smallest available cheapo simple ikea furniture:

Queen-sized bed: 35-40sq ft
    3 Seater sofa: 15sq ft
    Coffee table: 6 sq ft
    Toilet with shower: 80 sq ft
    TV console:10 sq ft
    A grown up man standing: 2.5 sq ft
    A grown up man lying down : 18 sq ft

Living/walkable space: 196 sq ft

if

precisely like how i put it last time ...

do cha cha ..

3 step forward ..hit the bed ..
    3 step back ..... hit dining table
    3 step right ... out of door
    3 step left ..... out of window

and thats ONE person do cha cha ,.. if have partner ... it will be a difference dance altogether ...

imagine making love standing up ??

last weekend visited friend at The Queen, from the swiming pool to back-gate, all the way inside the condo already 2mins+...

3Mins i think is from the Quartz main-gate to Buongkok MRT, that one is called next to mrt.

Some MRT entrances are several hundred meters from the station itself. I think Raffles Place and Orchard are those i can think off. From certain entrances to station already take you 2 mins.

anyway alexis is nice name leh

smaller a bit i dont mind

Haha... the 2min was taken with Karl Lewis type of timing i believe!

Thing to note regarding distance, that is if you draw a straight line from the property to the escalator of the train station. In reality, one has to follow the 'contour' of the road. Surely, it is more than that! Though, i feel its still a managable walk...

Anyone figured the time to the nearby ammenities like Anchorage and/or Ikea? (when i get hungry )

*haha... agreed as well on the 'dog house', goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by introspect

Thing to note regarding distance, that is if you draw a straight line from the property to the escalator of the train station. In reality, one has to follow the 'contour' of the road. Surely, it is more than that! Though, i feel its still a managable walk...

Anyone figured the time to the nearby ammenities like Anchorage and/or Ikea? (when i get hungry )

you bought the alexis for own stay?

Hi all - would like to have your opinion pls. With a budget of 800K, which dev do you think I should go for. I have a family of 4.

1. Alexis 2+1 bedroom
    pro - near parents place, amenities and mrt
    con - unit is too small, about 750sqm

2. Carabelle 3 bedroom
    pro - bigger unit
    con - noise and air pollution. not near parents place. no amenities and mrt

3. Ascentia sky 2+1 bedroom
    con - may pay the same price as Alexis and is 99LH

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks
    Gisele

Quote Originally Posted by introspect

Dont forget, behind Ikea, theres ABC market ..where yo can find World Best Hokkien mee ...yum yum ...
    and AV Char Siew / Siew York , Aloe Vera milk shake ..

AV car workshop ...

AV Soon Kuey

WOW ALEXIS is good location man ...

Quote Originally Posted by gisele
    Hi all - would like to have your opinion pls. With a budget of 800K, which dev do you think I should go for. I have a family of 4.

1. Alexis 2+1 bedroom
    con - unit is too small, about 750sqm

2. Carabelle 3 bedroom
    pro - bigger unit
    con - noise and air pollution. not near parents place. no amenities and mrt

3. Ascentia sky 2+1 bedroom
    con - may pay the same price as Alexis and is 99LH

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks
    Gisele
    Perhaps it will be helpful to tell us whether you drive, and how old your kids are? Do you plan on expanding the family, or can you conceivably live in this house for the next ten to twenty years?

If you drive, then the MRT can be taken out of the equation for now, especially if your children are still young. If you plan on staying in the place for long and not turn it into an investment down the road, the 99LH may also not matter much.

Anyway, if you check out the comments in this thread, you will find that most people here don't think very much of Alexis. Basically, at the current price of 1000 psf, it's simply not worth it and not a reflection of the difficult times we live in. I don't know much about Carabelle so I won't and can't comment on that, and Ascentia Sky is very much an unknown quantity (unless some people have inside info) for now.

In addition, when do you plan on moving in? Perhaps Metropolitan can be considered in place of Ascentia Sky since it's going to TOP by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Dont forget, behind Ikea, theres ABC market ..where yo can find World Best Hokkien mee ...yum yum ...
    and AV Char Siew / Siew York , Aloe Vera milk shake ..

AV car workshop ...

AV Soon Kuey

WOW ALEXIS is good location man ...
    I don't think anyone is questioning the location. It's a great place, with plenty of amenities, near town/Vivo and major expressways. At the end of the day, the question most of us here are mulling over is whether at 1000 psf, it's worth the money, because you can conceivably get a unit in D10 for that price. And not forgetting of course the floorplans. I love the area myself, but I am not convinced there is much upside to the property if you pay 1000 psf in this current climate.

Look at the makeup of the people that went to the showroom and bought the alexis. I have this feeling that while some buy to rent out, many are for own stay - their first taste of living in a 'condo' in a 'prime' area. These are not people that can ill afford to lose hard gained money. The saving grace is that the economy recovers before disbursements, and in between no calls for topups, or massive interest rates. If things come to a crunch, alexis is one development that will not have holding power. Don't get tempted by projects that TOP in 3-4yrs. If you want to get something now, look at projects already TOP or are going to. At least if thngs comes to pass, yo can rent out to cover some repayments instead of foreclosing.

If you can afford 1000psf for alexis, top up 10pct more and get post-recovery sure-win areas like orchard and ccr. Queenstown/redhill pre boom was considered suburban. In bad times, it will revert back to that status. Don't get suckered by good marketing

Thanks all for your feedback. Really appreciate it. Sad to say but yes, I have already bought a unit at Alexis. I am thinking of sub-sale now and buy another place as the floor area is an issue to me now. Wonder why it is not at the point of sale. Sigh!

I have 2 kids - 6yo and 1yo. Both husband and I love D3, very convenient and we both grew up in that area. Now staying in the West is a nightmare and we cant wait to get out. Husband is trying to encourage me to hold and emphasis the small area does not matter. Obviously reading the forum here does not help either and I am kind of disturbed by the purchase.

Do you all think I can still sub-sale at the purchase price? Probably not?

Thanks all for your feedback. Really appreciate it. Sad to say but yes, I have already bought a unit at Alexis. I am thinking of sub-sale now and buy another place as the floor area is an issue to me now. Wonder why it is not at the point of sale. Sigh!

I have 2 kids - 6yo and 1yo. Both husband and I love D3, very convenient and we both grew up in that area. Now staying in the West is a nightmare and we cant wait to get out. Husband is trying to encourage me to hold and emphasis the small area does not matter. Obviously reading the forum here does not help either and I am kind of disturbed by the purchase.

Not likely. If you can hold, hold it until top.

By the way, what size is your unit?

I think it will be hard to sub sell definitely, though you never know! If you have a good unit, put it out there, and who knows? As for whether you should hold, that depends on the size of the unit. If it's livable, bigger than 700 sf at the very least, then no harm holding on. But I must warn you that by the time the project TOPs two to three years down the road, your eldest will already be 9 or 10. By that time he may need more space, so what is livable now may not be livable then. For two kids of about five and ten, I would definitely recommend a space bigger than 1000 psf.

If you like D3, then in the ideal situation, I would try to sell the Alexis unit, and as some people here have suggested, look for a unit in Metropolitan, which is TOPing soon, and which can be had for 800 psf at the most, and perhaps even 700+ psf if the forum people are right. I know it's leasehold, but from the sound of it, neither your husband nor yourself seem to be speculators/investors looking for asset appreciation, so I don't think the leasehold should matter much. You can always move on to a better place in the future, and rent out the leasehold unit, which will give you better rental yields compared to a freehold one.

Try looking at Tiong Bahru condos also; it's a tad crowded these days, but there have been several new projects in recent years, and some older condos which are selling at affordable prices.

Unless you can afford the cash up front to foot the penalties and forego any deposits, flip it now, even at a slight loss.

if you cannot afford to lose that much cash, stay liquid. you will need the cash to tide you over for the next few years.

When alexis TOPs, you can make a decision. many others will also TOP at the same time, widening your choices.

worse come to worse, stay in the small space.

be cash rich

The floor area is only 73sqm! I cant imagine living in the small space with 2 active boys. Holding to the property is not an issue as we only start to pay upon TOP.

Think I should start contacting my agent to let go of the unit though I really like the area and the fact that the monthly maintenance is less than $100.

Thanks all for your advice again. At least I know what I should do next

Hi Property guru

We are not speculators but of course we would like to get a good unit so our kids can benefit from it. Between Twin Regency, Meraprime, Anchorage, Metropolitan and Central Green. What is your view pls? Which one is a better choice?

Thanks

Hi Property guru

We are not speculators but of course we would like to get a good unit so our kids can benefit from it. Between Twin Regency, Meraprime, Anchorage, Metropolitan and Central Green. What is your view pls? Which one is a better choice?

Thanks
    Hi Gisele, I must emphasise that despite my username, I am far from being a guru. The username just happened to be available, and I guess I lacked originality. So please take my opinions with a pinch of salt. My field of expertise is the law, not property. Haha. As you can see, this is a typical disclaimer from the lawyer-types. There are some out here who have far greater experience.

With that said, of the list you gave, personally, I would opt for Twin Regency. First, it's freehold. Second, you can move in now. Also, it's near the MRT station (definitely less than ten mins walk away). I prefer it to Meraprime because Meraprime is right behind TBP and therefore noisier. Also, if you drive, the road up to Meraprime is a nightmare. They have recently reduced the two lanes into one lane and it can get pretty bad in the evenings. Plus, Meraprime is leasehold. So all things considered, definitely Twin Regency over Meraprime. I have seen Twin Regency floorplans, and they are decent. Unlike some new developments, less space is wasted on balconies and planters. Also, if you get anything above 8th floor, you should have unblocked views in both directions currently (not sure about in the future of course).

Metropolitan is decent if you can get a unit facing Orchard instead of the MRT track. Just be careful that you are not being blocked by the new Ascentia Sky. It's one stop away from Tiong Bahru, and yet equally near to Orchard via Tanglin. I like the location because it's quieter and still relatively less crowded than Tiong Bahru. Of course, Metropolitan is leasehold, so that makes it less attractive.

I like Anchorage. Big, and 999 yr leasehold. The Anchorage thread says there are units going for 800 psf, which seems rather reasonable. Good facilities. Only issue is distance to MRT station. Unless there's a backgate I don't know of, going by the front road will probably take you 15 minutes to reach Queenstown. If you drive though, it shouldn't be an issue. And if you are comfortable with buses, Queensway and Alexandra Road have tonnes of buses that go to every part of Singapore.

If you really like Tiong Bahru area but cannot afford Twin Regency, Central Green is worth looking at. Convenient, but again 99 yr leasehold. If you can get a unit at 600+ psf, that would be good too.

The thing is, apart from the economic factors, what is important is also how you feel toward Redhill and Tiong Bahru. There will be some here who think one should not be too attached to any area, lest you end up paying a premium, but since you have children, you may have to consider schools and the like. There may tip you one way or the other.

Anyway, long story short. All things considered, I would probably pick them in this order: Twin Regency, Anchorage, Central Green, Metropolitan, Meraprime. Hope this helps, and perhaps the other lurking experts would care to chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru
    Anyway, long story short. All things considered, I would probably pick them in this order: Twin Regency, Anchorage, Central Green, Metropolitan, Meraprime. Hope this helps, and perhaps the other lurking experts would care to chime in?
    Agree. Twin Regency is definitely a better choice then the rest. The swimming pool is good size.

But i sold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Agree. Twin Regency is definitely a better choice then the rest. The swimming pool is good size.

But i sold mine.
    For a decent profit no doubt :-)

for own stay, i would get a place with as much space as possible.. also depends if u drive or not.

my choice (driving):
    anchorage, metropolitan, twin regency, meraprime, central green

(not driving)
    metropolitan, twin regency, central green, meraprime, anchorage