Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis @ Alexandra Road (D3, Freehold, Yi Kai Development and Fission Group)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gisele
    Hi all - would like to have your opinion pls. With a budget of 800K, which dev do you think I should go for. I have a family of 4.

1. Alexis 2+1 bedroom
    pro - near parents place, amenities and mrt
    con - unit is too small, about 750sqm

2. Carabelle 3 bedroom
    pro - bigger unit
    con - noise and air pollution. not near parents place. no amenities and mrt

3. Ascentia sky 2+1 bedroom
    pro - near parents place, amenities and mrt
    con - may pay the same price as Alexis and is 99LH

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks
    Gisele
    you only into west? would you mind looking at the east 3bdrm @ less than $800k?

Pet

Thumbs up

Thanks all for your feedback. Really appreciate it. Sad to say but yes, I have already bought a unit at Alexis. I am thinking of sub-sale now and buy another place as the floor area is an issue to me now. Wonder why it is not at the point of sale. Sigh!

I have 2 kids - 6yo and 1yo. Both husband and I love D3, very convenient and we both grew up in that area. Now staying in the West is a nightmare and we cant wait to get out. Husband is trying to encourage me to hold and emphasis the small area does not matter. Obviously reading the forum here does not help either and I am kind of disturbed by the purchase.

Do you all think I can still sub-sale at the purchase price? Probably not?

which unit is yours? let me check around and see if there's anythin i can do to help you with your unit. you might just wanna drop me a call @ 82818888. thanks!

Pet

its definitely very small

i dont understand why u even consider buying in the beginning

when you collect keys then you will regret big big

but u should be able to subsell since so many people want to buy alexis

flip and buy caspian lah, big space, built for families

sorry to pitch in like this but i too have a budget of the same region of $800K to $900K (max max) ... but i'm looking for a 3 or 3+1 unit ... D5
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...48&postcount=1

why D5 and not D3? because i think at $800K-$900K i don't think i can get a reasonable sized 3RM or 3+1RM unit in D3 ... but if the experts think otherwise, please post

being trying to get the approximate asking prices from propertyguru.com.sg and nationproperty.sg but somehow they seem higher than the psf that are being quoted here in the forums - i wonder if i am searching at the right places ...

honest, its really a headache trying to consider all the points ...
    - near MRT (above ground station) will be noisy
    - too far from MRT, if one day don't drive then how to go home ???
    - near road/expressway will be noisy and dusty
    - but near road/expressway will be easier/faster to go home
    - L99 may undergo time decay
    - L999 and FH usually more expensive

at the end of the day, i guess its a relative viewpoint and what is important is to deal with what is important to you and your family. for me, i know that i need at least 1000sqft. any smaller than that and i cannot do cha-cha at home with my partner :P ... so that's big decision point.

alexis is "near" an mrt station, has good road access, is FH ... all the wonderful points ... but at $1000psf that's rather pricey IMO ... at the end of the day, its a complete package that you are paying for ... everyone is entitled to its own viewpoint and we must take every viewpoint for their merits. i think those who bought alexis must have done it for their own reasons ... for me, alexis has alot of good points but i simply cannot afford $1000psf .... :P

Thanks all for your feedback. Really appreciate it. Sad to say but yes, I have already bought a unit at Alexis. I am thinking of sub-sale now and buy another place as the floor area is an issue to me now. Wonder why it is not at the point of sale. Sigh!

I have 2 kids - 6yo and 1yo. Both husband and I love D3, very convenient and we both grew up in that area. Now staying in the West is a nightmare and we cant wait to get out. Husband is trying to encourage me to hold and emphasis the small area does not matter. Obviously reading the forum here does not help either and I am kind of disturbed by the purchase.

Do you all think I can still sub-sale at the purchase price? Probably not?
    If you really want to sell Alexis, it should not be a problem as it sell like "hot cake". The only issue is how much is your asking price. If you just want a slight profit above breakeven, should not be a problem and you can afford to wait. But it will also depend on your loan arrangement if purchased under interest absorption scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    If you really want to sell Alexis, it should not be a problem as it sell like "hot cake". The only issue is how much is your asking price. If you just want a slight profit above breakeven, should not be a problem and you can afford to wait. But it will also depend on your loan arrangement if purchased under interest absorption scheme.
    Ask for 50psf more. Breakeven and move on.

Hi Propertyguru, you do sounds like a guru to me, at least
    I have the same view as you do but unfortunately hubby doesn't. Made him called the agent last nite to sub-sell and he was pushing me to reconsider for another week. Yeah, I do like Twin Regency. Yest ads, there's a 2 bedroom unit to go for 900K and with decent size somemore which I quite keen. Anchorage is good as well and I heard Goh Chok Tong's son is staying there. The only issue is I dont drive and hated the bus so transport will be a prob.

Rapister, I went to Caspian showflat and didnt like what I saw -the pple, no. of units etc. It looks like another HDB to me. And I didnt like the West area in the first place.

Pet, thanks for the offer. I already have a agent, the same guy whom we bought the unit from.

You know what, I really do feel alot better to hear from you guys that I might be able to make a small profit if I've decided to sell the unit.

Anyway, if anyone is interested 2+1 bedroom, 730sqm unit facing the road, do drop me a email.

Thanks all again! Really really appreciate your feedback

heh heh good luck

try not to buy before you think next time

I have the same view as you do but unfortunately hubby doesn't. Made him called the agent last nite to sub-sell and he was pushing me to reconsider for another week. Yeah, I do like Twin Regency. Yest ads, there's a 2 bedroom unit to go for 900K and with decent size somemore which I quite keen. Anchorage is good as well and I heard Goh Chok Tong's son is staying there. The only issue is I dont drive and hated the bus so transport will be a prob.

Rapister, I went to Caspian showflat and didnt like what I saw -the pple, no. of units etc. It looks like another HDB to me. And I didnt like the West area in the first place.

Pet, thanks for the offer. I already have a agent, the same guy whom we bought the unit from.

You know what, I really do feel alot better to hear from you guys that I might be able to make a small profit if I've decided to sell the unit.

Anyway, if anyone is interested 2+1 bedroom, 730sqm unit facing the road, do drop me a email.

Anchorage is not that bad in terms of distance to the MRT station. Granted there's no shelter, but it's only about three minutes (200 metres) from Anchorage front gate to Alexis front gate. Then from there, it's about 7 to 10 minutes tops to Queentown MRT Station. I would think that most Singaporeans today still live > 15 minutes from a station. Most have to take a bus to their nearest station. So not all doom and gloom.

I suppose your hubby probably has good reasons for liking Alexis so you may wish to discuss with him further. No point getting Twin Regency if it will make him unhappy on the other hand.

Whatever you choose, good luck, and perhaps you can let us know how things go. People around are generally interested in the direction of the market. All the best!

Sister:

If want to sell, better to fast hand fast leg cos developer are now taking this opportunity to launch while there is demand. Of course you have seen
    that Arte at Thomson/Balestier is launching soon this weekend, The Berverly at Toh Tuck also launching soon...plus many others.

So there will be competition,and what is hot today will be cold tomorrow with so many new launches......2 cents worth.

Smile Alexis (Freehold)

Project Name-Alexis
    Developer-EC Prime Pte Ltd(Yi Kai Development/Fission Group)
    Property Type-Apartment
    Tenure - Freehold
    Total Units - 293
    Completion Date - Est. 31 Dec 2014
    District - 3

Description:
    A fantastic gem of a location,Alexis being at the edge of the city and right next to be Queenstown MRT Station is both a spectacular home and a sterling investment.

Central to both up and coming Integrated Resorts at Marina Bay and Sentosa,Alexis is just minutes away from Orchard Road and Convention Hub at Suntec City.

It is also only 5 MRT stops from the Central Business District (CDB) and 2 MRT stops to Buona Vista Interchange MRT Station where Fusionpolis & Biopolis Science Hubs are located.

Alexis will be a landmark development for many years to come with its comtempory architecture commanding a presence along the prominent frontage of Alexandra Road.

Alexis has been created with every detail meticulously considered.

All the units have been carefully laid out so you extract the highest value out of your investment.Every inch of your asset is thoughtfully designed for you to optimize your investment value.

>>> click here for more elevations >>>

>>> click here for more floor plans >>>

Last edited by moonk123; 27-02-09 at 14:06.

Why u post Alexis information again?

It already posted?

Thumbs up

No worries! Anytime!!!

Do drop me a line anytime should you need any further assistance pertaining to real estate.

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Ask for 50psf more. Breakeven and move on.
    Ah... 50 psf more? Be realistic. If you thinking of selling Alexis, the outcome is more likely a net losses.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    Ah... 50 psf more? Be realistic. If you thinking of selling Alexis, the outcome is more likely a net losses.
    Negative is at the present moment.

I am not saying you make the wrong or right choice, but you made a choice.

Gisele, before buying i am sure you and your husband would have thought carefully about your choice.

Coming to a property forum, any property forum, you will not hear much postive comments. Any project, you name it.

Going back to your husband that you changed your mind after both of you has agreed to go ahead with the purchase. And probably after reading through the forum negative comments. If i am the husband i would be piss.

The morale of the story. Most women are fickle minded, they can never make up thier mind and easily influenced, hence you never trust a women to make the important decision in a household.

Default Alexis

Gisele, dont regret and dont be influenced by those negative comments here.

Quote Originally Posted by isaaclim
    If you don't try you'll never know.

When I first sell my hdb. All the agents & buyers told me my asking price is too high. Nobody will buy. My wife & I stand firm. We can see that some potential buyers like the place, some even came down twice but still give me the same expression & say another block selling at 20k less. I told them not all units are the same. Go check out the units (facing, layout, etc) & compare yourself.

Eventually, I still manage to sold at my target price. If you know the strength of the unit, remember to mention that to the potential buyers. Some agents just don't do that very well for you.

For your case, it's not TOP yet but the showroom is still there. Make full use of it since your agent is there.

AK47, you're right. I am very fickle minded indeed. When we purchased our first private apt near the AYE, I was very disturbed by the negative comments in this forum but I do see the points mentioned - the noise and air pollution. I went ahead to sell the unit despite my husband disagreement. In the end, the unit was sold at a good profit and it free us some cash to buy another unit. And now he has agreed that I've made a good decision then. So who is fickle minded in this case?

Gordon/PN, thanks for your kind words. I do and still like Alexis, just the small space is a headache now. Will see.

Is the girl in the swimming pool naked?

Hm...ok now who make the better decision here?

The one that decide to buy it, or the one that decides to sell it?

Maybe we can have a poll here.

AK47, you're right. I am very fickle minded indeed. When we purchased our first private apt near the AYE, I was very disturbed by the negative comments in this forum but I do see the points mentioned - the noise and air pollution. I went ahead to sell the unit despite my husband disagreement. In the end, the unit was sold at a good profit and it free us some cash to buy another unit. And now he has agreed that I've made a good decision then. So who is fickle minded in this case?

Gordon/PN, thanks for your kind words. I do and still like Alexis, just the small space is a headache now. Will see.

Thumbs up

my humble opinion.. 1 man's meat is another man's poison... to them small may eventually be alright for you when the time come cos they may have got used to big units that they feel pressurised when buying smaller units...

think it the other way... if the size are say 1000sqft, how much would you be paying. how much do you have to sell it for eventually? how does the rental yield be affected cos you buy at bigger quantum?

i have quite a few clients who were previously very used to big units too.. after many years of buying and shifting houses. they finally decided to move to smaller units. when i asked them why made them had a change in their mindset of moving into small units, they replied me: "after staying so long in big units even though there is always 2 or 3 of us in the house, we realised that there are areas or rooms in the house that 80% of the time we dun even walk there but had always been paying for it though we dun really use it. now i buy smaller units, i pay lesser which translate lesser liabilities as well and a final thing i realised... I fully utilise the entire house that i am paying for!!! It more value for money!!!'

Of course, back to basic again... its individual mindset and ideas on what size is really sufficient and value for money. even my friend staying in a 3bdrm unit with his wife also recently realised after 7 years that they only utilise their master room, living room and occasionally their spacious kitchen but the rest of the other two room had never been frequent more than 10 times over the period of stay their had in their occupancy... they recently bought a 1+1 at newton edge for own stay as the wife is not willing to drive and needs to travel to KK for work everyday.

The decision does eventually lies with you how you feels and what you wishes to do about it.

My two tiny little humble cents...

Pet

I pity your husband. You don't understand how men think.
    Lucky I don't have a wife like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroaki27
    wah... you very fierce leh... haiz... but at least you are pretty frank too..

Pet

Gisele, did send you a pvt message. Hope you have read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroaki27
    most of the time,
    man tend to be stronger in rationalisation
    woman tend to be stronger in gut instincts

in this case, both outcome is the same, alexis not a gd buy hahaha..... oops

Quote Originally Posted by august
    most of the time,
    man tend to be stronger in rationalisation
    woman tend to be stronger in gut instincts

in this case, both outcome is the same, alexis not a gd buy hahaha..... oops
    I guess you must have placed the cheque and not balloted

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Yuen
    I guess you must have placed the cheque and not balloted
    no wor... wont touch alexis with a 10-ft pole

Quote Originally Posted by august
    no wor... wont touch alexis with a 10-ft pole
    Marley And Me

Hiroaki27, why do you have to attack me? I make my own decision and sold the unit because I use my own savings and CPF to purchase it in the first place. So what's wrong with that? Same for Alexis.

Gordon, I have not recd your mail. My mailbox is jam, wonder why? Hope I didnt get lots of 'hated' mail from this thread :P

Have a good weekend all!