Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexis @ Alexandra Road (D3, Freehold, Yi Kai Development and Fission Group)

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Biggest of Biggest Bosses Chief of Chief OKTs Sir Orange san

lolz.. both of you really damn funny bosses around...

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    lolz.. both of you really damn funny bosses around...

Pet
    Woot!

Geylang OKT

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    $1000psf can get you a condo in prime area these days.. but people still pay $1000psf for Alexis.. why?! guess cause prime areas dont really have that many "UNIQUE" condos with such small units?
    The smallest floor plan of Alexis is 36sqm for one bedroom. Parc Sophia is 44sqm with a HS and a planter. So living area is about the same as Alexis.

Alexis smallest 1+1 is 47sqm, Parc Sophia is 58sqm with a balcony and a HS. Mecury (in river valley area) is 59sqm with a big balcony and a big planter. Living area of Parc Sophia and Mecury could be similar to Alexis.

It seems like this is the trend of new developments. For those ppl who have owned condos in early days, they are really lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    In addition to what's mention on the avaliability of cheap food, Bugis is very near too. Lots of cheap food there.

But most importnatly, rental no problem. SMU is there, Lasalle SIA is there NAFA is there, plus the under construction School of the Arts is just in front.

The reason why I like there is cos next time I dun have to drive. Bus straight is Suntec/Marina. Walk another direction Sim Lim/Bugis. Walk backwards Dobby Ghuat/Orchard. Lots of bus in front of the Atrium too.

Last but not least, MAIN point is.......Dobby Ghuat is the interchange for 3 MRT lines, can go anywhere you want conveniently.
    Parc Sophia has no doubt its own convenience, but it is still a distance from Dobby Ghuat. If you take short cut by Mount Sophia staircase, you have to climb 8 storey staircase every day.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru
    There are also supposed to be shops downstairs. Can be good or bad depending on kind of shops I guess. But anyway, I think the 2 BR + 1 study at 6XX sf is nuts. I don't understand how that kind of floorplan can sell but if it's true that Alexis is more than 60% sold in a day, then well, I really hand it over to the developers. To be able to move this number of units at this kind of price in this type of market. Wow.
    Alexis 2+1 range from 657 sf to 1,055 sf; only 2 units are 657 sf.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Yuen
    Parc Sophia has no doubt its own convenience, but it is still a distance from Dobby Ghuat. If you take short cut by Mount Sophia staircase, you have to climb 8 storey staircase every day.
    Personnally sacrifice my lunch time to take a train down there with a stop watch to time from the moment I walk out of MRT to PS and from PS to MRT.

From MRT to PS (walk across to the Atrium by traffic light) took me just about 15 mins. From PS walk down to Cathay Residences (don that huge filghts of stairs ) then to MRT around 12 mins.

Walk at

Personnally sacrifice my lunch time to take a train down there with a stop watch to time from the moment I walk out of MRT to PS and from PS to MRT.

From MRT to PS (walk across to the Atrium by traffic light) took me just about 15 mins. From PS walk down to Cathay Residences (down that huge filghts of stairs ) then to MRT around 12 mins (i.e.time stop the moment i enter the station gate).

Walk at best at possible at leisure pace even though its damn bloody hot that day

From MRT to PS (walk across to the Atrium by traffic light) took me just about 15 mins. From PS walk down to Cathay Residences (down that huge filghts of stairs ) then to MRT around 12 mins (i.e.time stop the moment i enter the station gate).

Walk at best at possible at leisure pace even though its damn bloody hot that day
    Walk down easy leh... but eh walk up? I will 100% buy a unit at PS if I am an obese fella

Quote Originally Posted by vin002
    I would only say Alexsis is a good buy for rental investment. For home stay, how many of you have stayed in a <650 sqft house?

But for rental investment, it is based on at least rental $3,300 per month. This may not be a substainable figure in current climate.

Near MRT? How many of you have walked to the station? Look like a 2 bus-stop away distant if you really walk. So how do you define near?

One side is facing West sun and the the other side is facing the road (noisy). The worst is the stack nearest to the MRT track. Is this something that most will consider for home stay? Actually, I forsee the worst to be those units below th pool. Not only affected by road noise, if below the motor-room, it will be even more noisy. For long run, I wonder how good will their water proofing of the pool be...

The only attractive part is the price (Total purchase price - not psf) and freehold.

Many buyers rush to buy based on the low total price, therefore, very few really go into details of the west sun, road noise, walking distant to MRT, actual size, etc.

So for stay or investment? Your view?
    Walking distance to Queenstown MRT is less than one bus stop. There is a bus stop exactly infront of Alexis, the next stop is already Queenstown MRT. If going by back gate, the actual walking distance is less than one bus stop.

Besides Alexis, I guess many condos in Singapore whether in prime or non-prime areas are facing the main road or having afternoon sun etc..........

Walking distance to Queenstown MRT is less than one bus stop. There is a bus stop exactly infront of Alexis, the next stop is already Queenstown MRT. If going by back gate, the actual walking distance is less than one bus stop.

Besides Alexis, I guess many condos in Singapore whether in prime or non-prime areas are facing the main road or having afternoon sun etc..........
    Yup, I am refering to the back gate to the actual MRT station. Did you try to walk? It is one bust stop away but this is one very far bus stop away so if you really walk, it is 2 bus-stop distance. This is provided that your unit is nearest to the back gate meaning nearer to MRT track.

Yup, I am refering to the back gate to the actual MRT station. Did you try to walk? It is one bust stop away but this is one very far bus stop away so if you really walk, it is 2 bus-stop distance. This is provided that your unit is nearest to the back gate meaning nearer to MRT track.
    No worries. I live there so I know the distance well. The bus stop from Alexis to the next bus stop at Queenstown is a normal distance not the far distance.

No worries. I live there so I know the distance well. The bus stop from Alexis to the next bus stop at Queenstown is a normal distance not the far distance.
    Why are you guys even othering to compare PS with Alexis. They are worlds apart of course in PS favour. At least you can walk to Orchard Rd and the nearby shopping centres within a few minites from PS. From Alexis to Orchard Rd will take 1 hour to walk. No major shopping centres etc. How to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Why are you guys even othering to compare PS with Alexis. They are worlds apart of course in PS favour. At least you can walk to Orchard Rd and the nearby shopping centres within a few minites from PS. From Alexis to Orchard Rd will take 1 hour to walk. No major shopping centres etc. How to compare.
    Well, i guess each has its good and bad points lah, so depending on what the buyers want. I compare coz the forum has started that so just to add some of my points lah.

Bro, honestly.. hotel 81 room got such a big space meh? suites type you mean... in that case you calculate how much it cost you a month then. say normal rooms: $49/nite x 30 nites = $1470/mth. then if same size of Alexis will be the Hotel81 Suites then $80/nite x 30 nites = $2400/mth!!! Alexis if $450k, 100% loan then monthly instalment: $1957/mth!!! you get to cook and eat in Alexis while hotel81 does not allows cooking at all. end of the day, do we get to own hotel81?

Rental wise, if Alexis with facilities only $1200/mth then how much a hdb in Meiling, Stirling, Queenstown, Commonwealth without facilities should cost? may be $500/mth?

Then maybe maintenance for Alexis also be charging more rather than $50/mth since with facilities and a hdb avg already charging $45/mth.

Pet
    Maintenance charge for Alexis: Min $50/mth, Max $70/mth, car park separately charged at $80 per lot per mth for families which drive

Well, i guess each has its good and bad points lah, so depending on what the buyers want. I compare coz the forum has started that so just to add some of my points lah.
    take singapore map (expanded version)

take a protractor .. using Orchard + Scotts as the Centre of Prime district ..

draw circles as you go further away .. each circle represents a certain PSF ...getting smaller as you move further from centre ...

if Alexis is 1000 psf ... just imagine what you will be paying for holland , one tree hill, river valley ...

i can only say ... Alexis is EXPENSIVE ....

if near MRT is the only reason ... then Caspian is damn cheap ... way before 1000 psf ... after all its only 5-6 stations from Alexis ..

Will just say that the one very important point about PS is that the nearest MRT station is the interchage for 3 lines. Lots of buses to go anyway if dun want to take train.

Second most important point is the rental demand will be good due to the various schools that I had mention from the previous thread.

Lastly, its in Orchard aread as compared to queenstown area (not that QT is no good ah). The reason I say that is because one of the reason that's always quoted for buying Alexis its due to its proximity to Orchard. If that's the case, then i rather stay in Orchard itself!!!

Will just say that the one very important point about PS is that the nearest MRT station is the interchage for 3 lines. Lots of buses to go anyway if dun want to take train.

Second most important point is the rental demand will be good due to the various schools that I had mention from the previous thread.

Lastly, its in Orchard aread as compared to queenstown area (not that QT is no good ah). The reason I say that is because one of the reason that's always quoted for buying Alexis its due to its proximity to Orchard. If that's the case, then i rather stay in Orchard itself!!!
    I believe you have bought one. In first or the recent launch?

i pass the stretch on the mrt almost everyday.
    to walk to queenstown mrt you walk out from the back/side of future condo and hit the main rd, last stretch walk along main rd with Queens condo on left. entire route is not sheltered. i agar estimate take about 10 min..

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i pass the stretch on the mrt almost everyday.
    to walk to queenstown mrt you walk out from the back/side of future condo and hit the main rd, last stretch walk along main rd with Queens condo on left. entire route is not sheltered. i agar estimate take about 10 min..
    i reckon less than 10 mins though i have not physically walked there ...but Alexis is going to be where the corner coffee shop used to be ... and yes no shelter ...

i walked from KentRidge park to pasir panjang road (circle line) .. 8 mins only ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i reckon less than 10 mins though i have not physically walked there ...but Alexis is going to be where the corner coffee shop used to be ... and yes no shelter ...

i walked from KentRidge park to pasir panjang road (circle line) .. 8 mins only ..
    I use to walk to queenstown MRT too. But i have not noticed that it will take me 10 mins to walk from the old coffee shop to the MRT. Perhaps next time i can roughly time it.

I use to walk to queenstown MRT too. But i have not noticed that it will take me 10 mins to walk from the old coffee shop to the MRT. Perhaps next time i can roughly time it.

I can confirm that as I have tried. Therefore, I kept saying the distance feel is about 2 bus-stop away... instead of 1.

I can confirm that as I have tried. Therefore, I kept saying the distance feel is about 2 bus-stop away... instead of 1.
    To be fair, your idea of one bus stop may differ from someone else's idea of one bus stop. In that sense, timing it may be a more objective manner of assessing the distance.

In any event, I myself also live in the area, and I would sum it up thus. The MRT station is definitely not as near to Alexis as Huttons would like you to believe. It is not TWO minutes away, as I recall some brochures saying. However, it is definitely within a comfortable and convenient walking distance. I dare say Alexis residents are nearer to a MRT station than 95% of Singapore. Yes, no shelter perhaps, but also no steep slopes or stairs to climb. I think that's a fair compromise and most of us would be happy if a MRT station was within ten minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyguru
    To be fair, your idea of one bus stop may differ from someone else's idea of one bus stop. In that sense, timing it may be a more objective manner of assessing the distance.

In any event, I myself also live in the area, and I would sum it up thus. The MRT station is definitely not as near to Alexis as Huttons would like you to believe. It is not TWO minutes away, as I recall some brochures saying. However, it is definitely within a comfortable and convenient walking distance. I dare say Alexis residents are nearer to a MRT station than 95% of Singapore. Yes, no shelter perhaps, but also no steep slopes or stairs to climb. I think that's a fair compromise and most of us would be happy if a MRT station was within ten minutes away.
    Agreed. Certainly not within 2 min unless fast walk. But reasonably less than 10 min.

anyway already 100% sold

saw about 4 ads on Sat's classifieds... flippers?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    saw about 4 ads on Sat's classifieds... flippers?
    Really. Any price quoted in the adv? I know there are ppl do not exercise option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapister
    anyway already 100% sold
    Not 100% now coz there are ppl do not exercise option.

Really. Any price quoted in the adv? I know there are ppl do not exercise option.
    Really amazed at the no. of flippers during this time. Probably becuase of the low 5% they have to pay initially, follow by 15% within 8 weeks. So these flippers have a window of 8 weeks to flip, failing which they have to forked out 15%, which they may or may not have.

Flipping in the current market is plain suicidal, buying at about 1000 psf and trying to flip for 10% premium is a long shot, if there's really buyer for these flippers, then I really pity these buyers.

I'm really very curious if anyone succeeded in flipping during this time, if so, please share any done deal transactions here. The caveat launched with URA would probably take few months before the transaction is reflected.

By the way, I did tried to walk from showflat to the MRT, and it definitely takes more than 3 minutes it advertised in the brochure...sigh...marketing...

Thumbs up

i personally tried walking from mrt to back gate and was a leisure walk of approx.3mins and ofcourse depends on where you tried walking thru

Pet

i personally tried walking from mrt to back gate and was a leisure walk of approx.3mins and ofcourse depends on where you tried walking thru

Pet
    Hey Pet,

Not saying that you are lying. But there are another person saying that he tried more than 3 min and I am saying 10min. You must be super tall (I already 1.8m).

The block of Queen Condo is already quite a long block which even after you finished walking pass Queen, you still not yet reach the MRT station.

My understanding of 3 min distance are the following Condo: MeraPrime, The Mertopolitan Condo or Queen).