Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: Robertson 100 (D9, Freehold, MCL Land)

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    $428000/200sqft = $2140psf for hotel property.

Now, do I need to say more?

You guys may be a little late now.

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE !
    Hinted you guys several months ago to "Choop" the river area, but some brothers here were too "iron teeth" ( read the replies above ) and sniggered at my posts AGAIN. See, you guys always missed my bull's calls. Want to help you make monies also difficult la. Those in another forum who are not as iron teeth already making liao la...

Sad....
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 03-03-11 at 06:55.

Since now it is out in the media. Let your humble brother here tell you what is going to happen in the next 5 years to the River Area. There will be massive shortages of hotels in this area.

For the past 5 years, developers had been too focused on building residential properties around the River. With the confirmed success of the 2 IRs now, travelers volume to this city is confirmed going to be explosive.

Where else in Singapore can you get a private condo within a good class hotels area? But then again, some iron teeth will definately come out to bash my logic again and missed the whole bull call again.

This is the best I can help la.

神龙股侠。

Hinted you guys several months ago to "Choop" the river area, but some brothers here were too "iron teeth" ( read the replies above ) and sniggered at my posts AGAIN. See, you guys always missed my bull's calls. Want to help you make monies also difficult la. Those in another forum who are not as iron teeth already making liao la...

Sad....
    sorry to ask this silly question.
    how does buying studio M hotel translate to higher property prices for condos nearby? one is commercial, the others are residential.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    sorry to ask this silly question.
    how does buying studio M hotel translate to higher property prices for condos nearby? one is commercial, the others are residential.
    I just answered your question in my last post

Since now it is out in the media. Let your humble brother here tell you what is going to happen in the next 5 years to the River Area. There will be massive shortages of hotels in this area.

For the past 5 years, developers had been too focused on building residential properties around the River. With the confirmed success of the 2 IRs now, travelers volume to this city is confirmed going to be explosive.

Where else in Singapore can you get a private condo within a good class hotels area? But then again, some iron teeth will definately come out to bash my logic again and missed the whole bull call again.

This is the best I can help la.

神龙股侠。
    sorry to ask stupid question once more.
    so buy commercial residential properties or private residential properties?
    Based on your statements (highlighted) in bold, commercial residential (hotels) are neglected, so growth more likely in hotels.
    An alternative is to buy shophouses and convert it to hotels?
    So what are you suggesting actually?

Dear brother hopeful,

I worked in an American MNC before, so I know MNCs paid around US$250 a day to hotel operators for their travelling staffs in countries like HK and Singapore. That works out to be 30 days x $250 = US$7500 for the lodging costs of a regional manager. If your property is beside a hotel operator, what do you think the MNC will pay you instead if they cannot find hotel rooms anymore in the area ? US$6000 for rental ? or US$8000 for rental ?

Now, are you shocked?

Sigh....

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!

Dear brother hopeful,

I worked in an American MNC before, so I know MNCs paid around US$250 a day to hotel operators for their travelling staffs in countries like HK and Singapore. That works out to be 30 days x $250 = US$7500 for the lodging costs of a regional manager. If your property is beside a hotel operator, what do you think the MNC will pay you instead if they cannot find hotel rooms anymore in the area ? US$6000 for rental ? or US$8000 for rental ?

Now, are you shocked?

Sigh....

神龙股侠。
    NIL SINE LABORE!
    Didn't know about your post last time. Actually, I asked Agent friend to find me a unit recently b4 cny, but in the last 2-3 weeks, din have chance to view..any.., guess miss the boat..., maybe next time

Thank you for taking your time to explain. As Wild Falcon has often mentioned: I cannot read between the lines.

So I shall be telling my relatives the good news.

I miss his posts. if u happen to see brother Jlrx, please request him to post some interesting writeups again.

Can't wait
    Jlrx. we missed you and your "once upon a time" writeups. This forum lacks "character" without your presence.

Wahhh.. brother AAA,

You made My day ! Now I walk machiam like got wind like that liao (= very proud of oneself ).

Just sharing Only... I could be wrong la...

神龙股侠。

The tender for the land parcel site at Robertson Quay will close at 12 noon on 8 March 2011. It will be interesting to see any takers & the bidding price after the recent sales of Studio M Hotel.

There is also Holiday Inn express at the corner of clemenceu and havelock right?

Quite a number of hotels in that area liao, but I agree that generally hotels are on the shortage in Singapore now.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    There is also Holiday Inn express at the corner of clemenceu and havelock right?

Quite a number of hotels in that area liao, but I agree that generally hotels are on the shortage in Singapore now.
    Dear brother condo kaiser, that is the whole idea. to be residential in a good class hotel area beside a river is like a king among the princes as can be seen from developed cities near rivers around the world. do read my reply above why i think the owners of this area are still sleeping.

furthermore, this is right in the middle between the IR, SMU, Banking District and Orchard-at the heart of the Pandora Disk.

As of yesterday, i heard from a source of mine that a Geylang Sims Suites new unit had transacted at S$1742. you have to verify that, I dunno how true is that. well, if that is true, then that just made the owners here who sold at S$1500 recently dumber.

your humble brother,
    Last edited by blackjack21trader; 06-03-11 at 13:39.

furthermore, me got a strange feeling owners in Orchard are unloading to move in the direction towards the MBS IR....hmmmmm

then, there is the issue of oil prices. high oil prices would make big tour operators want to accomodate their paks in hotels near the IRs. but, look at the number of hotels in CBD, and most CBD buildings near IRs are already occupied by companies and businesses. Orchard is also a satured hotel land.

when uncle sheldon is looking for land, you better watch out. Where to find hotel sites, where ? where ?

but here, of course.

Yup, I am a big believer of the potentials of Robertson Quay as well. Its location is simply too good.

I don't think the owners in Orchard are offloading. They are merely picking up more units @ Marina area. I have been hunting in Robertson area for a while now looking for good deals. I believe it is only worth looking at reputable developers, but so far owners are not too keen to lower their asking price, and most are just not selling anymore.

My main targets are The Pier, Rivergate, Martin Place Residences. Wonder if other gurus here has got other projects which are worth looking into?

Yup, I am a big believer of the potentials of Robertson Quay as well. Its location is simply too good.

I don't think the owners in Orchard are offloading. They are merely picking up more units @ Marina area. I have been hunting in Robertson area for a while now looking for good deals. I believe it is only worth looking at reputable developers, but so far owners are not too keen to lower their asking price, and most are just not selling anymore.

My main targets are The Pier, Rivergate, Martin Place Residences. Wonder if other gurus here has got other projects which are worth looking into?
    I am looking at The Pier, Looking to buy it next downcycle. Rental psf among the highest so far in URA quarterly rental data. So if price drop to 1500psf.... friendly competition between you and me.
    Why are you looking at Martin Place Residences? Seems to be neither here nor there.
    Not near Great World City, not near River, not near MRT. Bus stop also far away.
    of the 3 that you mentioned, MPR seems to have the least potential - with buddhist lodge next to it.

Ya The Pier is the the best of the lot now but also the most ex. (Dont compare with Rivergate high floor). 1500 psf hard la, if 1500 psf then really is down down down turn liao...

MPR is quite nice la, Buddhist lodge is non issue unless u get stack 6 which looks over it. If for rental the best in MPR is the stacks facing the field. As long as no new condo come up there.

Rivergate no one bedder otherwise the prospect also damn good.

Great world city is not that far if you walk along the Kim Seng Park, shady and quiet. If for own stay 2 bedder I will go for Rivergate, rental one bedder is The Pier. MPR caught my eye since it's still a bit cheaper compared to the other 2 and the view from high floor units should be not bad since there's nothing near you.

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    The tender for the land parcel site at Robertson Quay will close at 12 noon on 8 March 2011. It will be interesting to see any takers & the bidding price after the recent sales of Studio M Hotel.
    Wow! This tender closed today n it has attracted 9 bids. Highest bid at S$127.8m for this small piece of hotel site

Great world city is not that far if you walk along the Kim Seng Park, shady and quiet. If for own stay 2 bedder I will go for Rivergate, rental one bedder is The Pier. MPR caught my eye since it's still a bit cheaper compared to the other 2 and the view from high floor units should be not bad since there's nothing near you.
    Urbana blocking the front view.
    Rivergate blocking the back view.

I will tell you the real reason why people are buying. Inflation, new IRs , immigration,population growth, low interest rates, and enbloc millionaires are only a small composite part of it. There is another more pertinent REAL mother of all reasons that I shall only reveal after the election.......you will be lost for words, I assure you....

your little humble brother,

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    Wow! This tender closed today n it has attracted 9 bids. Highest bid at S$127.8m for this small piece of hotel site
    This site approx. 36,476sqft so that works out to be $3500psf for an empty land. See, told u guys.

This site approx. 36,476sqft so that works out to be $3500psf for an empty land. See, told u guys.

Cluny Road GCB fetches record $2,038 psf

I will tell you the real reason why people are buying. Inflation, new IRs , immigration,population growth, low interest rates, and enbloc millionaires are only a small composite part of it. There is another more pertinent REAL mother of all reasons that I shall only reveal after the election.......you will be lost for words, I assure you....

haha. are you a sociologist?

individual buyers (including you and me) buy for different individual reasons.
    Yet collectively, the buyers behave like there is a common (unbeknowst to the buyers) reason?
    Do buyers have a gestalt mind?

To throw a spanner in your train of thoughts.. Your reason also must explain why is new sales booming, scaling new heights, but subsale and resale is slowing down?

I'm all ears

Dear brother condo kaiser, that is the whole idea. to be residential in a good class hotel area beside a river is like a king among the princes as can be seen from developed cities near rivers around the world. do read my reply above why i think the owners of this area are still sleeping.

furthermore, this is right in the middle between the IR, SMU, Banking District and Orchard-at the heart of the Pandora Disk.

As of yesterday, i heard from a source of mine that a Geylang Sims Suites new unit had transacted at S$1742. you have to verify that, I dunno how true is that. well, if that is true, then that just made the owners here who sold at S$1500 recently dumber.

your humble brother,
    It is true - plus bank valuation can even go up to 1773psf...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10038

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    haha. are you a sociologist?

individual buyers (including you and me) buy for different individual reasons.
    Yet collectively, the buyers behave like there is a common (unbeknowst to the buyers) reason?
    Do buyers have a gestalt mind?

To throw a spanner in your train of thoughts.. Your reason also must explain why is new sales booming, scaling new heights, but subsale and resale is slowing down?
    yes , brother hopeful, i simply love sociology though i am not an expert in this field. i will try not to disappoint you with the answer. but will tell only after the election.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Cluny Road GCB fetches record $2,038 psf

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    It is true - plus bank valuation can even go up to 1773psf...

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10038

Correction:

Just been informed the 99 year hotel site beside Robertson 100 is approx. 0.45 hec = 48437.596 ft². ( The site also included a narrow area attached to it )

That works out to be $127.8Million/48,437.596 = S$2,638.446 psf ( or 2,638.446 / 2.8 = S$942 psf per plot ratio ). I was expecting this tender to hit S$3000psf, guess it is still not there yet.

Anyway, it is a BIG BARGAIN STEAL for the developer actually !