Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

Quote Originally Posted by Maylea Supporter
    Bro, I believe you are talking about 2 balconies right? If you have only 1, then I think your unit can turn 360 degree type one. Anyway, I just don't understand Silliporeans all don't like west sun one. I particularly like West facing so that all my rooms are super bright, don't have to turn on light during day time if too dark.

Silliporean GOT Dracula Blood count mah. Too many SUN light sure vanish to ashes.

HOT West SUN good for my Ah Gong Drying his Salted Fish & Vegetable at Balcony.

caveman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by baracuda
    How's the speed? Fast? If it is too slow, I will get my own.
    Working smooth and fine with LAN cable but wireless doesn't seem to work on my Mac. Sob!

PinBaller Guest

does it mean we already have an account with an ISP?

caveman Guest

You should have received the package from Arnold when you moved in...

Xin Guest

Default hi there all Maylea dwellers

Hi hi.. I am looking for freehold condo in Sg and thought the Maylea is really in an ideal location. Problem is really I am in the UK but Im singaporean la.

My fiance (we getting married in September heh) and I are looking to return to Singapore (maybe one day) and we really want freehold condo because I think renting from government is waste of money.

Anyone got any lobang? I am entirely new to buying property in singapore - how much deposit would we need on a unit on Maylea? How much does a unit costs now?? Prices gone up much?

So.... We are hoping to get some condo somewhere, then rent it out to pay off part of the mortgage? Does that sound feasible?

Thank you a lot..... =)

test123 Guest

recent transaction...

THE MAYLEA PASIR PANJANG ROAD Condominium 1,105,000 1,206 917 Jul-08
    THE MAYLEA PASIR PANJANG ROAD Condominium 1,500,000 1,679 893 Jun-08
    THE MAYLEA PASIR PANJANG ROAD Condominium 1,100,000 1,152 955 Jun-08
    THE MAYLEA PASIR PANJANG ROAD Condominium 960,680 1,023 939 Jun-08

ahbeng Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xin
    Hi hi.. I am looking for freehold condo in Sg and thought the Maylea is really in an ideal location. Problem is really I am in the UK but Im singaporean la.

My fiance (we getting married in September heh) and I are looking to return to Singapore (maybe one day) and we really want freehold condo because I think renting from government is waste of money.

Anyone got any lobang? I am entirely new to buying property in singapore - how much deposit would we need on a unit on Maylea? How much does a unit costs now?? Prices gone up much?

So.... We are hoping to get some condo somewhere, then rent it out to pay off part of the mortgage? Does that sound feasible?

Thank you a lot..... =)
    you come back then you buy lar. why buy now? unless u got a lot of spare cash floating around.

maylea, location quite ok. but holland rd is better, or grange rd or orchard lagi better. depend how much money u got maa.

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng
    you come back then you buy lar. why buy now? unless u got a lot of spare cash floating around.

maylea, location quite ok. but holland rd is better, or grange rd or orchard lagi better. depend how much money u got maa.

I WAS TOO LATE...GRANDHILL SOLD OUT.....UNFORGETTABLY REGRETTABLE...

THATS WHY SETTLED FOR 2ND BEST......WAD TO DO...THATS LIFE....

Maylea Supporter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PinBaller
    I WAS TOO LATE...GRANDHILL SOLD OUT.....UNFORGETTABLY REGRETTABLE...

THATS WHY SETTLED FOR 2ND BEST......WAD TO DO...THATS LIFE....
    Bro PinBaller, at least you got 2nd best at Maylea. Me still squating outside the guardhouse hoping for a goodbuy at 800psf. Maybe I will tan ku ku for the prices to crash which is most unlikely hor.

Quote Originally Posted by Maylea Supporter
    Bro PinBaller, at least you got 2nd best at Maylea. Me still squating outside the guardhouse hoping for a goodbuy at 800psf. Maybe I will tan ku ku for the prices to crash which is most unlikely hor.
    Bro support,

800psf i tink u can waiting looong looong lah..(sorry)

but closer to 900psf maybe u can try....play hardball...

Default Maylean

Where are the people in Maylea, this project is death under crisis or they Live happy ever after.

Where is the supporter, are u all running away from Banker or Ah Long.

I guess you have not been to Maylea yet...the development is 100% occupied, either by owners or tenants. No transaction recently...seems like most people are happily staying there...

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Where are the people in Maylea, this project is death under crisis or they Live happy ever after.

Where is the supporter, are u all running away from Banker or Ah Long.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOUSE
    I guess you have not been to Maylea yet...the development is 100% occupied, either by owners or tenants. No transaction recently...seems like most people are happily staying there...
    any Maylea dweller here ??

how is it inside ? i have only walked in during launch .. didnt even see the showflat ..just wanted PH and all sold out ..so i left

now that its up ... looks cramp ..and the few blocks in front very close to road , noisy ?? and near petrol station , smelly ? and near church , ..

those at the rear i feel are best but can be close to D'Hillside Loft .. . oh i like that one .. really one of its kind ..hardly any for sale

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    any Maylea dweller here ??

how is it inside ? i have only walked in during launch .. didnt even see the showflat ..just wanted PH and all sold out ..so i left

now that its up ... looks cramp ..and the few blocks in front very close to road , noisy ?? and near petrol station , smelly ? and near church , ..

those at the rear i feel are best but can be close to D'Hillside Loft .. . oh i like that one .. really one of its kind ..hardly any for sale
    hihi, i Maylian here...

i answer you here
    -cramp? No
    -Noisy? No
    -Smelly? Not at all

100 occupied...actually at least 50% rented out to expats....

Add on to the comment of Maylea is beside the road as compared to those in the vincinity of PP hill...Resident will find it much convenient to buy stuff from ESSO, Cold storage. Visit to those pubs/Restaurant are also much easier...Those staying further in will need to climb up/down the hill..Try walking to and fro from Grandhill and the pasir panjang village...not an easy stroll...

Agrees what Ballpiner says...

At the end of the day, it all depends what individual prefers..convenience, exclusive etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Ballpiner
    hihi, i Maylian here...

i answer you here
    -cramp? No
    -Noisy? No
    -Smelly? Not at all

100 occupied...actually at least 50% rented out to expats....

Add on to the comment of Maylea is beside the road as compared to those in the vincinity of PP hill...Resident will find it much convenient to buy stuff from ESSO, Cold storage. Visit to those pubs/Restaurant are also much easier...Those staying further in will need to climb up/down the hill..Try walking to and fro from Grandhill and the pasir panjang village...not an easy stroll...

Agrees what Ballpiner says...

At the end of the day, it all depends what individual prefers..convenience, exclusive etc..
    and my favourite duck rice joint behind plus lemon grass rest.

and there's new italian restaurant...the crowd seems good...saw a guy entertaining customers by playing guitar...

Quote Originally Posted by teresa
    and my favourite duck rice joint behind plus lemon grass rest.

and there's new italian restaurant...the crowd seems good...saw a guy entertaining customers by playing guitar...
    big deal that a guy played the guitar. Would you buy my condo if I played the guitar for you? I hope you wouldn't mind that I don't play very well.

I'm not saying I would buy a condo just because a guy plays a guitar in a restaurant..i'm just highlighting the few restaurants, amenities near Maylea, just as what Teresa did....There's no point downplaying Maylea if you feel that it is not a good condo...i doubt you will purchase this condo if that's the case, if so why have interest in looking at this forum and make comments? Making good or bad comments here will not make the price of the condo goes up or down....this is just a sharing forum for those people who are interested in the development.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    big deal that a guy played the guitar. Would you buy my condo if I played the guitar for you? I hope you wouldn't mind that I don't play very well.

Default Maylean You are alive

Is you are the Maylean, try to post the Best view of your unit to show the people what is so GOOD about.

This is my 2 cents contribution
    Attached Images Attached Images

what is so good about the project as shown in the picture? I am not biased. but I would be a lot happier living in a larger project with an olympic sized pool while the gaps between units are much greater.

Not to put down your precious maylea, but it is just an average condo. not too bad, but nothing to write home about.

what is so good about the project as shown in the picture? I am not biased. but I would be a lot happier living in a larger project with an olympic sized pool while the gaps between units are much greater.

Not to put down your precious maylea, but it is just an average condo. not too bad, but nothing to write home about.

Maylea is Mid tier condo. We are happy with what we got. Larger project please go somewhere else to post. Dont waste your time pulling other people leg. Please remember big project mean more people untilize on per plot size. Use Land patio divide by per unit household you still get smaller plot ratio. Unless u talking about older units (>20yrs) like Farrer court.

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Maylea is Mid tier condo. We are happy with what we got. Larger project please go somewhere else to post. Dont waste your time pulling other people leg. Please remember big project mean more people untilize on per plot size. Use Land patio divide by per unit household you still get smaller plot ratio. Unless u talking about older units (>20yrs) like Farrer court.
    You are not making sense. It is not just your english. your logic is wrong. That two projects, one with land area of 400,000 sf (botannia) and the other with 40,000sf (maylea). let's assume each condo has 40% of the space used up by apartment buildings. that would leave empty space of 240,000sf for botannia and only 24,000sf for maylea. No wonder, there is no room for you mayleans to even take a walk in your project, but there is a huge space for botannians to roam, to BBQ and to just take a walk.

I don't think I can even walk 20 meters at maylea before falling into the pool for an intended swim. family with kids wouldn't even consider maylea, because it is too dangerous.

Any reason why are you making bad comments about Maylea, Botannia, Varsity Park, whether is it big or small development? Trying to look for an ideal condo? Big plot of land, nice ID, lots of facilities, good location, good amenities and cheap??? Where to find???

You are not making sense. It is not just your english. your logic is wrong. That two projects, one with land area of 400,000 sf (botannia) and the other with 40,000sf (maylea). let's assume each condo has 40% of the space used up by apartment buildings. that would leave empty space of 240,000sf for botannia and only 24,000sf for maylea. No wonder, there is no room for you mayleans to even take a walk in your project, but there is a huge space for botannians to roam, to BBQ and to just take a walk.

I don't think I can even walk 20 meters at maylea before falling into the pool for an intended swim. family with kids wouldn't even consider maylea, because it is too dangerous.

Any reason why are you making bad comments about Maylea, Botannia, Varsity Park, whether is it big or small development? Trying to look for an ideal condo? Big plot of land, nice ID, lots of facilities, good location, good amenities and cheap??? Where to find???
    i dont know anyone here ...

but i dont think he is bad mouthing any project ..

he merely state his opinions ..

unfortunately no one likes to hear anything bad said about their property ..even if it is true .. one would rather hush hush about his leaking ceiling ..etc etc ..and maybe even talk good about it ..so that he can get rid of it ...

so lets allow free expression .. we are all matured enuff to know what to look out for when making a purchase .. all that is said in this forum only serves as a guide .. ultimately the onus is still on the purchaser ..

just like we asked " why pay 2800 psf for a piece of airspace in orchard road? " many wll agree , just as many will disagree ...

Agree...there's always good and bad points about any development...its all about preference.....i guess if the comments are always negative, something is really not right....at least be constructive in comments....unless there's hidden agenda...my 2 cents worth of comment..

quote=proud owner]i dont know anyone here ...

but i dont think he is bad mouthing any project ..

he merely state his opinions ..

unfortunately no one likes to hear anything bad said about their property ..even if it is true .. one would rather hush hush about his leaking ceiling ..etc etc ..and maybe even talk good about it ..so that he can get rid of it ...

so lets allow free expression .. we are all matured enuff to know what to look out for when making a purchase .. all that is said in this forum only serves as a guide .. ultimately the onus is still on the purchaser ..

just like we asked " why pay 2800 psf for a piece of airspace in orchard road? " many wll agree , just as many will disagree ...[/quote]

Hi,

Any Maylea owners selling their unit, pls PM me.
    I have interested buyer looking at 1BR type in that area.

Agents welcome.

Chris Yip - ERA
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by hyip68034
    Hi,

Any Maylea owners selling their unit, pls PM me.
    I have interested buyer looking at 1BR type in that area.

Agents welcome.

Chris Yip - ERA
    [email protected]
    Heard from the Inhouse forum that there is one 3rd floor unit near the road side asking for 600K 1111psf Not neg.

Got Commision or NOT haha

I am not a Maylea resident but this remark is uncalled for. The intention might have been different but the remark suggests a certain prejudice and bitterness towards the Maylea development by the writer.

The Maylea might not be perfect in every way but one thing it has going for it over other District 5 condos like the Carabelle/Botannia/Infiniti cluster is its proximity to the city which is a priority for some folks like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kenkaw
    I am not a Maylea resident but this remark is uncalled for. The intention might have been different but the remark suggests a certain prejudice and bitterness towards the Maylea development by the writer.

The Maylea might not be perfect in every way but one thing it has going for it over other District 5 condos like the Carabelle/Botannia/Infiniti cluster is its proximity to the city which is a priority for some folks like myself.

The average transaction is still higher than many condo near the west coast like The Stellar, Infinity, Carabelle. So why but still so high than others.