Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

Bighead Guest

Default hello!

Quote Originally Posted by MMOUSE
    Take note they won't bank in the cheque..they willjust hold on to it unless something is really damaged...Either request the contractors/movers to fix it or debit from this deposit...
    Eh ... is there a washing bay for car???

Hi to all Maylean!! I am from 242K
    Last edited by Bighead; 31-05-08 at 16:03.

bangla fortuna worker Guest

I am sure there will be a Bangla here offering his car washing services for $40 a month.

Bighead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bangla fortuna worker
    I am sure there will be a Bangla here offering his car washing services for $40 a month.
    But the MC will not allow the Bangla in right? Never seen one in condo before

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    But the MC will not allow the Bangla in right? Never seen one in condo before
    YOU SEE BANGLA NO UP???

maylea supporter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PinBaller
    YOU SEE BANGLA NO UP???
    Ya lor, Bangla working here all very hardworking. They save enough money, they go back and buy big bangalows, even bigger and better than we had. Moral of the story, don't judge book by the cover. Normally, those drive big big car, pocket all no $$$, all otang want. My mechanic friend says alot drive big big car all don't pay $$$, all otang. Those drive small small car, all pay cash.

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maylea supporter
    Ya lor, Bangla working here all very hardworking. They save enough money, they go back and buy big bangalows, even bigger and better than we had. Moral of the story, don't judge book by the cover. Normally, those drive big big car, pocket all no $$$, all otang want. My mechanic friend says alot drive big big car all don't pay $$$, all otang. Those drive small small car, all pay cash.
    I WANT TO GET A HONDA FIT LIAO....

Unreg¡stered Guest

I WANT TO GET A HONDA FIT LIAO....
    I want to get a GT-R liao!

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg¡stered
    I want to get a GT-R liao!

MOST TINGS ABT THIS BEAUTY OF A CAR IS AFFORDABLE EXCEPT FOR THE INSURANCE!!!!!

BE PREPARED TO PAY 7K/ANNUM

how come the water fall have no water? can they turn it on?

Unreg¡stered Guest

MOST TINGS ABT THIS BEAUTY OF A CAR IS AFFORDABLE EXCEPT FOR THE INSURANCE!!!!!

BE PREPARED TO PAY 7K/ANNUM
    Sport cars (should be called race car in this case) have higher insurance. You like it. What to do? Just pay for it lor!

The GT-R is the cheapest race car around. Can't complain much.

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg¡stered
    Sport cars (should be called race car in this case) have higher insurance. You like it. What to do? Just pay for it lor!

The GT-R is the cheapest race car around. Can't complain much.
    FOR DIS PRICE, I RATHER GET

HONDA S2000 + ALTIS

HAPPY

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt88
    how come the water fall have no water? can they turn it on?
    got water...now small waterfall first

LATER den big waterfall

water expensive, keep falling who pay???

got water...now small waterfall first

LATER den big waterfall

water expensive, keep falling who pay???
    You pay S$62 per share is Long Guo water,

Pay S$72 per share then flow like river

pay S$88 per share then will flow like the 7 wanders of Pasir Panjang.

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    You pay S$62 per share is Long Guo water,

Pay S$72 per share then flow like river

pay S$88 per share then will flow like the 7 wanders of Pasir Panjang.
    EHHHH....

WAD ARE THE 7 WANDERS????

test123 Guest

for those with kids going for primary schools.....where do you intend to send your kid to? how about childcare?

Anoy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by test123
    for those with kids going for primary schools.....where do you intend to send your kid to? how about childcare?
    There is one just across the road

test123 Guest

that's too exp...there's a new childcare center at Chwee Chian road...Teddy bear/Town for kids..how about primary school?

Quote Originally Posted by test123
    that's too exp...there's a new childcare center at Chwee Chian road...Teddy bear/Town for kids..how about primary school?
    there's also a childcare at west coast rd - name is "cherry something".. just opp varsity park..

All so quiet in Maylea just like property price of everywhere start falling quiety.

Mankind Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    All so quiet in Maylea just like property price of everywhere start falling quiety.
    What? Ppty prices are falling? Which planet had you just been lately?

Some big developer's executives hv bought back and accumulated a big chunk of their company stocks. IMF has just adjusted up the economy growth of China in 2008 from 9.4% to 9.8%. While, US has confirmed to escape from a recession. Everybody is looking forward to a strong economy pick up in the coming months. Likewise, ppty market is expected to rebound strongly in style soon.

So, tell me who are going to lower their ppty prices now. Are they real? You must be kidding, alien!

Unregistered. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mankind

Some big developer's executives hv bought back and accumulated a big chunk of their company stocks. IMF has just adjusted up the economy growth of China in 2008 from 9.4% to 9.8%. While, US has confirmed to escape from a recession. Everybody is looking forward to a strong economy pick up in the coming months. Likewise, ppty market is expected to rebound strongly in style soon.

So, tell me who are going to lower their ppty prices now. Are they real? You must be kidding, alien!
    Buyers forfeit deposits to exit deals
    Developers left facing unsold inventory as tighter loans and falling markets hit sentiment

Yvonne Liu
    Jun 18, 2008 , SCMP

Growing numbers of would-be home buyers in Beijing and Shenzhen are choosing to forfeit their deposits and withdraw from offers to buy homes as the uncertain outlook for the mainland property market erodes confidence.
    Home buyers in Beijing have the right not to proceed with purchases and return properties to developers during a "cooling-off" period of seven days, but any deposits that typically range from 20,000 yuan (HK$22,668) to 30,000 yuan will be lost.

In Shanghai, where agents said buyers had also begun cancelling deals since last month, the cooling-off period is two days and if buyers withdraw from their contracts within this period their deposits are returned.

While the system gives buyers a second chance to reconsider their investments, it may become a nightmare for developers.

According to data compiled by the Beijing local government and quoted in the Beijing Morning Post, 0.72 per cent to 3.92 per cent of buyers of four large residential projects in Beijing did not proceed with their purchases since early this year.

The situation has since worsened, said Li Wenjie, the general manager of Centaline (China) in the city. "Investors have lost money on the stock market and now they worry that property prices will drop further because of the falls on the stock market," he said.

Ten new residential projects in Beijing received sale consents in April and last month and data shows that 2.8 per cent to 8.72 per cent of the buyers did not proceed with their purchases and returned the properties to the developers, Mr Li said.

"However, it would be unusual to see the percentage increase by much more than this, or, say, to more than 5 per cent [on average]," he added.

Many of the buyers now withdrawing from proposed deals were middle-income investors who had suffered the most as a result of the declines in share prices. Most had bought properties around the Fifth Ring Road for 10,000 yuan per square metre, he added.

In Shanghai, Jessica Jiang, a deputy manager at Century 21, said the situation was not as bad as Beijing as property prices did not rise sharply last year. "Property prices remained stable after the cooling measures in October last year. And the price war in the primary market is not as serious as Beijing or Shenzhen," she said.

However, in Shenzhen and Guangzhou property prices retreated sharply after the cooling measures. According to a research report by DTZ, property prices in Shenzhen and Guangzhou dropped 7.3 per cent and 3.3 per cent respectively in the first quarter. But prices in Beijing and Shanghai rose 2.7 per cent and 1.8 per cent respectively.

Andy Lee, the general manager for Centaline (China) in Shenzhen, said that the city did not offer cooling-off periods for buyers. About 5 per cent of those who bought properties in the peak seasons of last year were in default for units recently, he said.

He estimated more than 50 per cent of the buyers during the February, March, June and July peak seasons were investors.

New home prices in Shenzhen have dropped 25 per cent to 30 per cent since October last year. A project in Nanshan district in Shenzhen even cut prices by more than 40 per cent to about 12,000 yuan per square metre since the fourth quarter of last year.

Mr Lee said many investors expected the consolidation in the property market would continue.

"They expect the price war in the primary market will continue as tighter conditions on property loans and weak buying sentiment force developers to adopt aggressive price discounting to lure buyers," he said. "Now they are trying to stop their losses."

In Guangzhou, Centaline (China) general manager Ellis Wong Hin-ming said a similar situation had arisen where more than 30 per cent of buyers at Evergrande Royal Scenic Peninsula developed by Evergrande Real Estate Group (SEHK: 3333) had returned the units to developers.

However, the situation was better than in Shenzhen as the growth in Guangzhou property prices last year was lower than in Shenzhen, Mr Wong said.

caveman Guest

Thanks for the insight updates.

Back to Maylea, I was wondering when are they activating the internet service? I ever queried, and the reply is one month time... till date, no news. They will say "slowly, slowly, take your time" when you push them for stuff. Well, there are few more issues that the management needs to scrutinize.

best Guest

Quote Originally Posted by caveman
    Thanks for the insight updates.

Back to Maylea, I was wondering when are they activating the internet service? I ever queried, and the reply is one month time... till date, no news. They will say "slowly, slowly, take your time" when you push them for stuff. Well, there are few more issues that the management needs to scrutinize.

I called up the developer and the management head office last week to complain about Arnold. Seriously, that guy is always missing and don't give a damn. At least for me, things were a bit better when the lady was covering for him.

test123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by best
    I called up the developer and the management head office last week to complain about Arnold. Seriously, that guy is always missing and don't give a damn. At least for me, things were a bit better when the lady was covering for him.

The website www.themaylea.net is underconstruction. Previously was not accessible...

Newmaylea Guest

Quote Originally Posted by best
    Anyone else have bad experiences with Arnold? Please share your experiences or other comments here.

My parents had a lot of problem with him when they were trying to find out how things work and wanted to lodge a complaint. Should they call their office or the developer? Do we get to choose the MC we want after 6 months?

Sack Him Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Newmaylea
    Anyone else have bad experiences with Arnold? Please share your experiences or other comments here.

My parents had a lot of problem with him when they were trying to find out how things work and wanted to lodge a complaint. Should they call their office or the developer? Do we get to choose the MC we want after 6 months?
    Giving MA Full time payment and they provide part time service. Arnold and gang have been rotating between Foliage and Maylea. What is this?

Anyone will like to organise a signatory complains to the Developer.

The last time I complain to MA , no action. I complain to developer, he now know my unit and will anticipate when call. But unless u get him on his mobile first. So I always call him with different phone no.

caveman Guest

It is shocking to hear that... they can't even manage 1 property at a full time basis, you mean they are now handling 2 ??!!! OMG. I think the maintenance fee we are paying is unjustifiable. There are still many issues relating to management but it is best not to be discussed on this forum.

Guess what? I am still waiting for the launch of our "big" waterfall.

Bighead Guest

YOU SEE BANGLA NO UP???
    Hey since when i said that?? .... I see our maylea MC no up lah! Just visited Maylea and drove in and out with no guard in sight!

Unreg¡stered Guest

I don't believe in anyone of you.
    I only believe in Mr Li.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.todayonline.com/articles/261453.asp

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cheung Kong Holdings keen on Singapore

MR LI Ka Shing’s Cheung Kong Holdings, Asia’s second-largest developer by market value, said it is keen to invest in Hong Kong, China and Singapore as the region’s property market is undergoes a “small consolidation”.

Prime offices and industrial parks offer investment opportunities because of economic “fundamentals” in the region, Cheung Kong’s Executive Director Justin Chiu said at a property conference in Singapore yesterday. He said he doesn’t expect “significant” price declines in the next 18 months.

Added Mr Chiu: “We’re just at the low tide of the economic cycle. When we clear the sub-prime issues, :I’m fairly confident Asia will come back.”

Property developers are seeking more investments to meet rising demand in China and India, the two fastest-growing major economies in the world. China’s economy is forecast by the World Bank to expand by 9.8 per cent this year, even though gains in home prices slowed.

“Across all three markets in the world — America, Europe and Asia — the best prospects, in my view, are for Asia right now,” said Mr Sameer Nayar, head of real estate finance at Credit Suisse. “It is just because you are talking about half the world’s population and most of the world’s :growth in gross domestic product is coming from Asia.”

Mr Chiu said that residential developments may be riskier because they are more dependent on the domestic economy. Home prices in Singapore are easing after rising to record highs last year as a global credit squeeze damped demand, while Hong Kong’s home sales fell for a second month as prices cooled.

Sales by value of residential units in Hong Kong slumped 31.1 per cent in May from a year earlier to HK$26.3 billion($4.6 billion), the biggest drop in 19 months, after falling 30.1 per cent in April.

China’s home prices rose 9.2 per cent in May, the slowest gain since September 2007. New home prices increased 10.2 per cent last month from a year earlier. — Bloomberg

Maylea Supporter Guest

Those who are claiming property prices going down are mostly sour grapes who have missed tons of chances to buy and are waiting impatiently for the prices to head southwards.

My take is that prices will not be coming down becos:-

Pressure from Inflation, ie. raw material prices have gone up and are still heading upwards, thus forcing developers for newly launch projects to price upwards (no choice)

If you compare our prices with the likes of HK and the rest of developed countries, ours are just catching up and S'pore prices are still considered low, thus many room for upward swing.

With the many growth initiatives coming Spore way (IRs, F1, population growth), investers/potential immigrants will hype up sentiment from the current bad to good when others realized that things are not looking as bad as what it should be

Our good governance, safe and clean environment are positive stimuli for investors/immigrants to make our growth initiatives realized in the coming years.

Properties are now one of the few good hedge against inflation, thus smart people will probably buy properties instead of putting $$$ in banks.