Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Maylea (D5, Freehold, Hoi Hup)

Quote Originally Posted by Maylea Supporter
    Those who are claiming property prices going down are mostly sour grapes who have missed tons of chances to buy and are waiting impatiently for the prices to head southwards.

My take is that prices will not be coming down becos:-

Pressure from Inflation, ie. raw material prices have gone up and are still heading upwards, thus forcing developers for newly launch projects to price upwards (no choice)

If you compare our prices with the likes of HK and the rest of developed countries, ours are just catching up and S'pore prices are still considered low, thus many room for upward swing.

With the many growth initiatives coming Spore way (IRs, F1, population growth), investers/potential immigrants will hype up sentiment from the current bad to good when others realized that things are not looking as bad as what it should be

Our good governance, safe and clean environment are positive stimuli for investors/immigrants to make our growth initiatives realized in the coming years.

Properties are now one of the few good hedge against inflation, thus smart people will probably buy properties instead of putting $$$ in banks.
    This story of raw materials going up thus driving up construction costs is just the `in' story for everybody, including the media. Last year or the year before was the IR, F1, the flyer. This yr, its YOG, inflation, food crisis, raw materials up. But raw materials px are and will come down. Esp after the China Oylmpics when the rush to complete projects eases. In addition, raw materials px are also driven up by speculators in the futures mkt and soon once they have made enough money from commodities, they will take the profits and seek other speculative products.

You only have to scan recent few days reports and you will see px of rice, soya and soon oil or other construction materials are expected to drop in the coming months. So construction costs will not increase.

Personally, I'm more interested to see what will be the rental rates for The Sail. If its not able to command the high yields expected from the skyhigh px, there will be a rippling effect on the rest of the markets.

As it is, there were already a lot of vacant units in recently completed TOP projects like Varsity Park, Raintree, Seaview, Urbanedge, Park Infinia with no takers as landlords are asking skyhigh rentals (as some has bought at skyhigh px from sub-sales and are now the last one holding the `hot potato').

There are some reprive. I have seen some movement of foreigners who were laid-off in US and Europe (eg london) to Sg in serch of jobs but these are not your CEOs who are paid high housing allowances. There are a few such CEO or CFO equivalent re-located from US to Asia, Sg included but its not significant enough as HK is absorbing the bulk of these expats who would otherwise be laid-off.

As such, my take is property px will at best be at current levels although i think a correction of 20-30% from current levels is still possible. I dun think it will go all the way down to 2004 levels. So I dun think the boat has left yet for those who has not bought.

test123 Guest

Maylea website is up....Finally!

Very good analysis, Farnie. I agree with you about the Sail part. Personally, I realised that there are many units bombarding the classified for sales everyday...Actually wanted to get a unit there but changed my mind after reading the many pessimist reports here in this forum. Look at the stock market today! It is dropping like crazy !

Quote Originally Posted by Farnie
    This story of raw materials going up thus driving up construction costs is just the `in' story for everybody, including the media. Last year or the year before was the IR, F1, the flyer. This yr, its YOG, inflation, food crisis, raw materials up. But raw materials px are and will come down. Esp after the China Oylmpics when the rush to complete projects eases. In addition, raw materials px are also driven up by speculators in the futures mkt and soon once they have made enough money from commodities, they will take the profits and seek other speculative products.

You only have to scan recent few days reports and you will see px of rice, soya and soon oil or other construction materials are expected to drop in the coming months. So construction costs will not increase.

Personally, I'm more interested to see what will be the rental rates for The Sail. If its not able to command the high yields expected from the skyhigh px, there will be a rippling effect on the rest of the markets.

As it is, there were already a lot of vacant units in recently completed TOP projects like Varsity Park, Raintree, Seaview, Urbanedge, Park Infinia with no takers as landlords are asking skyhigh rentals (as some has bought at skyhigh px from sub-sales and are now the last one holding the `hot potato').

There are some reprive. I have seen some movement of foreigners who were laid-off in US and Europe (eg london) to Sg in serch of jobs but these are not your CEOs who are paid high housing allowances. There are a few such CEO or CFO equivalent re-located from US to Asia, Sg included but its not significant enough as HK is absorbing the bulk of these expats who would otherwise be laid-off.

As such, my take is property px will at best be at current levels although i think a correction of 20-30% from current levels is still possible. I dun think it will go all the way down to 2004 levels. So I dun think the boat has left yet for those who has not bought.

alanmorghan Guest

Default 212J

hi,
    my wife n i almost bought maylea.

is anyone staying at 212J? if yesl, can PM me some pics of the view? cos when we we looking at the model during their soft launch, they indicated that it might be block partially by the church's roof top, but will have sea view on the 45deg right view when we stand at the balcony.

is that true?

kind to share for the family who bought this unit?

the unit we wanted to get was the 4th level of number 15 on this map http://www.econdo.com.sg/maylea/siteplan.htm

thanks.
    Last edited by alanmorghan; 28-06-08 at 12:09. Reason: addition

Owner212J Guest

What good does it do even if I am willing to tell you?
    Did you win Toto recently and now has the money to buy this unit even if you have to pay 50% more?

Quote Originally Posted by alanmorghan
    hi,
    my wife n i almost bought maylea.

is anyone staying at 212J? if yesl, can PM me some pics of the view? cos when we we looking at the model during their soft launch, they indicated that it might be block partially by the church's roof top, but will have sea view on the 45deg right view when we stand at the balcony.

is that true?

kind to share for the family who bought this unit?

the unit we wanted to get was the 4th level of number 15 on this map http://www.econdo.com.sg/maylea/siteplan.htm

thanks.

alanmorghan Guest

Default t

Quote Originally Posted by Owner212J
    Did you win Toto recently and now has the money to buy this unit even if you have to pay 50% more?

Its ok if you find that its not convenient to share.

I just wanted to see how the interior and view is like and if you are the blissful owner of 212J, enjoy your stay there.

vivacious_girl Guest

I also came to this forum with the intention to find out more about this property,it's management and to have a feel of the community in this new establishment and find out information that property agents are sometimes unwilling to share.If i want to view this property,i can just make an appointment for viewing.

Also,one don't need to strike ToTo/Big Sweep to be able to purchase this property.I was extremely cautious about getting a property before it was completed because of a few bad experiences encountered by my relatives.If i really like this place,i will of cause not mind the inflated price because i pay for what i like.

For instance,if a person does not buy a LV bag that is new in range but has not arrived at the boutique at that time because she is not comfortable in placing order for something she has not seen yet(which some of my friends did),it does not mean she has to strike 4D before she can purchase that item.It's the comfort level in purchasing that item and not about the ability to afford that item.These are two separate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Owner212J

Spy Eye Guest

Default Maylea

212J 4th & 5th floor can see partial sea view. Unit 14 4th & 5th more 180 degree seaview.
    But is 2rm. 2rm have better seaview or hill view like unit 8,14,5(high floor)

Maylea Info counter Guest

Due to market lack of Buyer Price now asking S$930psf, Maylea Supporter u have a chance to Buy liao. Can Bargain at 900psf.

SO dont have to sit at security counter.

Arnold Guest

Keep on complain about me. Not happy u still need to pay 62 per share

alanmorghan Guest

Default t

Thanks for the additional information. With that I guess unit 14 had a great buy as the port will be moving out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy Eye
    212J 4th & 5th floor can see partial sea view. Unit 14 4th & 5th more 180 degree seaview.
    But is 2rm. 2rm have better seaview or hill view like unit 8,14,5(high floor)

port moving out? Guest

Thanks for the additional information. With that I guess unit 14 had a great buy as the port will be moving out soon.

really? when?

Are you sure, can proof your info with recent info www link. Share with Mayleans.

test123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold
    Keep on complain about me. Not happy u still need to pay 62 per share

Are you really the Arnold from the MA? Don't think it is wise to give your comment here as you have 'live' with the resident for at least 1 year...no point to go 'clash' with the residents..try to work things out...

If you are not Arnold, then i think you are quite xxxxxx to use someone else name to post a reply here....

NewMaylea Guest

Quote Originally Posted by test123
    Are you really the Arnold from the MA? Don't think it is wise to give your comment here as you have 'live' with the resident for at least 1 year...no point to go 'clash' with the residents..try to work things out...

If you are not Arnold, then i think you are quite xxxxxx to use someone else name to post a reply here....
    I don't think the real Arnold is even reading this forum. My parents have send in a letter to request for a different person. Please support by making your feedback known to the developer

sunshine Guest

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Market is ever changing. Yes correction in the near term about 20-30% depending on location but it will be cushioned off by the increased in building cost of 15-20%. Not forgetting Singapore is small and with the projected 6 million population, what do you think the property prices will be in times to come?

Market is currently soft and is taking a breather in view of all the news about inflation, US/global economic slow down and high crude oil prices.
    No doubt buying sentiment is weak. However, i reckon market will not fall to 2004/05 levels.

It depends on one's choice whether they are talking about long (4-5yrs or longer) or short (2-3yrs) term investment. For speculators, you can forget about a handsome profit to "flip" property within this 1 or 2 yrs.

Coming back to the potential of Maylea. The real value for this project will prevail after the completion of MRT circle line, One North and IR. I guess you also notice the whole stretch of Pasir Panjang Road is gearing up for a complete make over by up and coming new projects.

I am very sure that our government will not put a MRT station (West Coast) to be a "White Elephant". My believe is Har Par Villa will not be there forever, it will be tranformed to something else. Look at what happened to Tang Dynasty? My bet, Haw Par Villa will share the same fate. Government do have plans in their pocket, just that they do not want to disclose all the news at the same time. They would prefer to regulate demands rather than luring speculators. It is healthy for market to correct itself.

Last but not least, u can read all the news about the market or receive 2 cents worth of advise from friends, etc. at the end of the day you are going to pay for the property out from your own pocket, thus make your own judgement. Good luck!

sunshine Guest

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Market is ever changing. Yes correction in the near term about 20-30% depending on location but it will be cushioned off by the increased in building cost of 15-20%. Not forgetting Singapore is small and with the projected 6 million population, what do you think the property prices will be in times to come?

Market is currently soft and is taking a breather in view of all the news about inflation, US/global economic slow down and high crude oil prices.
    No doubt buying sentiment is weak. However, i reckon market will not fall to 2004/05 levels.

It depends on one's choice whether they are talking about long (4-5yrs or longer) or short (2-3yrs) term investment. For speculators, you can forget about a handsome profit to "flip" property within this 1 or 2 yrs.

Coming back to the potential of Maylea. The real value for this project will prevail after the completion of MRT circle line, One North and IR. I guess you also notice the whole stretch of Pasir Panjang Road is gearing up for a complete make over by up and coming new projects.

I am very sure that our government will not put a MRT station (West Coast) to be a "White Elephant". My believe is Har Par Villa will not be there forever, it will be tranformed to something else. Look at what happened to Tang Dynasty? My bet, Haw Par Villa will share the same fate. Government do have plans in their pocket, just that they do not want to disclose all the news at the same time. They would prefer to regulate demands rather than luring speculators. It is healthy for market to correct itself.

Last but not least, u can read all the news about the market or receive 2 cents worth of advise from friends, etc. at the end of the day you are going to pay for the property out from your own pocket, thus make your own judgement. Good luck!

alanmorghan Guest

Default e

Quote Originally Posted by port moving out?
    really? when?
    They didnt provide the links to the blue print though, it was in the pipeline for the landscaping of Pasir Panjang area in the blue plan of government. But now that they won the island off malaysia, this might be in the pipeline again...

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I agree to what you say, is our property price even match 85% of Hong Kong Property price yet. How about Marca.

Not even near to. Properties is NOT for flippers, they will be buried. alive. Propeties is good for your next few generations of yours.
    One chinese say,

Earlier generation plant the tree, his younger generation got the shade.

Maylea Supporter Guest

Guys,

In case you are not aware, I've checked and yes URA together with STB are working closely together to re-invent HPV into a new theme park. Also, you can forget about moving PP port as this is not going to happen.

caveman Guest

Updates from developer (but would like us to check on its implementation):

1) IU system entry should be working now (no more manual opening of the gate) - Truth or Myth?

2) The waterfall will be working from 8 to 8 daily - Truth or Myth?

3) The Internet access is now ready to use - Truth or Myth?

Guys,

In case you are not aware, I've checked and yes URA together with STB are working closely together to re-invent HPV into a new theme park. Also, you can forget about moving PP port as this is not going to happen.
    Where can you find the link on this HPV to theme park. If true can provide the link to share.

Maylea Supporter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    Where can you find the link on this HPV to theme park. If true can provide the link to share.
    Hi, there is no link, you can go to the URA website and give yr feedback on the Masterplan 08 and they will give you a reply within a week.

PinBaller Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PropertiesHunter
    have to move PP Port!!!

or else how to create the next East coast park?!!!

Maylea Supporter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PinBaller
    have to move PP Port!!!

or else how to create the next East coast park?!!!
    Bro,

PP Port is expanding, not moving la. West Coast park can never be created into the next East Coast Park. BTW, have u move in? Heard from agents there are no yard to hang clothing for both Maylea and Foliage. Can you confirm that? If its true, I tell you, my CO will surely jump.

PinBaller Guest

Default ..

Bro,

PP Port is expanding, not moving la. West Coast park can never be created into the next East Coast Park. BTW, have u move in? Heard from agents there are no yard to hang clothing for both Maylea and Foliage. Can you confirm that? If its true, I tell you, my CO will surely jump.

i still have quite sometings to do b4 moving in.....how abt u?

btw, tell ur CO to start juming, cos there is no yard..unless you are on 1st floor...

Maylea Supporter Guest

i still have quite sometings to do b4 moving in.....how abt u?

btw, tell ur CO to start juming, cos there is no yard..unless you are on 1st floor...
    Oh Oh!!! you will probably see your neighbours hanging undies, Red, Pink, Purple all over the balcony which will be an eyesore, no other alternatives to dry your clothings???

PinBaller Guest

Oh Oh!!! you will probably see your neighbours hanging undies, Red, Pink, Purple all over the balcony which will be an eyesore, no other alternatives to dry your clothings???

OTHER OPTIONS SURE AVAILABLE TO HANG UNDIES...

1) Use clothes dryer
    2) Use Hair Dryer
    3) Hangs colorful undies at poolside.

Maylea Supporter Guest

OTHER OPTIONS SURE AVAILABLE TO HANG UNDIES...

1) Use clothes dryer
    2) Use Hair Dryer
    3) Hangs colorful undies at poolside.

Marikita every morning, wow Maylea sure going to have colour ful balcony. I thought hanging of clothings at balcony in condo is a no-no.

Hmm, don't understand why architect did'nt plan for yard at both Maylea and Foliage???

PinBaller Guest

Marikita every morning, wow Maylea sure going to have colour ful balcony. I thought hanging of clothings at balcony in condo is a no-no.

Hmm, don't understand why architect did'nt plan for yard at both Maylea and Foliage???
    maybe 'laundry' is non-existant in architect's dictionary....