Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newton Edge (D9, Freehold, Macly)

I suggest that teddy take a basic course on investment analysis.

low rental yield for properties is not the same as low dividend for stocks. Some stocks are in growth industries, and need the cash flow for product and market expansion purposes. hence, the low dividend payout ratio. But when these companies mature and need less cash for expansion purposes, they will be able to pay loads of cash (dividends). that explains why these firms have a high P/E ratio now or, in your words, high capital gain potential.

low rental yield is an entirely different thing. It means that the properties have no fundamentals. renters don't see the point of paying high rents for these properties, as is the case for orcard properties. so in the case of properties, low rental yield is the same as low capital gain potential.

I see teddy as a very good example of how many singaporeans are so rich but so seemingly naive of basic economic principles. the only conclusion I can draw is that many singaporeans get their money through inheritances, not through hard work or smart investments.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

What you said is not true. If true then Ng Teng Fong must have inherited all his money to buy and own so many properties along Orchard Road and CBD. (similarly for Wee Cho Yaw, Ong Beng Seng etc). Can you firmly make the statement that Ng Teng Fong, Ong Beng Seng, Wee Cho Yaw inherit all their money and they are so rich but so seemingly naive of basic economic principles? So you are saying you much better than them?

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I suggest that teddy take a basic course on investment analysis.

low rental yield for properties is not the same as low dividend for stocks. Some stocks are in growth industries, and need the cash flow for product and market expansion purposes. hence, the low dividend payout ratio. But when these companies mature and need less cash for expansion purposes, they will be able to pay loads of cash (dividends). that explains why these firms have a high P/E ratio now or, in your words, high capital gain potential.

low rental yield is an entirely different thing. It means that the properties have no fundamentals. renters don't see the point of paying high rents for these properties, as is the case for orcard properties. so in the case of properties, low rental yield is the same as low capital gain potential.

I see teddy as a very good example of how many singaporeans are so rich but so seemingly naive of basic economic principles. the only conclusion I can draw is that many singaporeans get their money through inheritances, not through hard work or smart investments.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What you said is not true. If true then Ng Teng Fong must have inherited all his money to buy and own so many properties along Orchard Road and CBD. (similarly for Wee Cho Yaw, Ong Beng Seng etc). Can you firmly make the statement that Ng Teng Fong, Ong Beng Seng, Wee Cho Yaw inherit all their money and they are so rich but so seemingly naive of basic economic principles? So you are saying you much better than them?
    well, heard this story about N & tontine money. don't know true or not.

Ist generation rich, they are like robber barons, rich but crass, their hands very dirty,
    2nd generation rich, after contributions to charities etc, their names become respectable.

thought invested 2xxk ++ in Minibonds? That is smart invesments
    Still working for other people aka employee or want to be full time trader/investor like Devilplate?

low rental yield is an entirely different thing. It means that the properties have no fundamentals.
    fundamentals of a property is not just the rent. in your logic, some properties that have never been rented out, and in an area that are largely for own stay non rental, will have no value ?

At least in Asia, wealth preservation through property is deeply rooted in the mindset.

I see a stark cultural diff towards property between you and us. American style: you do not need your own home, it's okay to rent for whole life as it's economically cheaper. house is a cost, not a means to preserve and pass on wealth.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The Americans style or Caucasians style? Kids 18 years old kick them out to make money to support their own Uni school fees & living expenses because parents won't support them anymore because they want to spend money to enjoy a good life for themselves. Where got leave money behind for kids and grand-kids (except the few really filthy rich ones)? So it is cheaper to rent and leave no money (in any form, including property) behind. They are interested only with liquid assets (e.g. cash in bank or shares) that they can turn all into cash within a few days to spend any time, no illiquid assets like properties. Ask them to wait? They will die dreaming of the bottle of alcohol!
    Oh yes properties to them is to collect rent to get cash to spend for the month, so where got think about long term capital appreciation potential? Go up a lot they sell then no rental income how? More likely when they will spend everything when they have cash in pocket. So better get high rental yield property and get money income to spend every month! They will always spend a lot first 2 weeks and be more thrifty for last 2 weeks until new money come in.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    fundamentals of a property is not just the rent. in your logic, some properties that have never been rented out, and in an area that are largely for own stay non rental, will have no value ?

At least in Asia, wealth preservation through property is deeply rooted in the mindset.

I see a stark cultural diff towards property between you and us. American style: you do not need your own home, it's okay to rent for whole life as it's economically cheaper. house is a cost, not a means to preserve and pass on wealth.
    Last edited by teddybear; 21-01-11 at 14:02.

Hi all,

Anyone knows roughly when is this going TOP?

I drove past the other day and saw most of the windows are done but building still covered.

It's priced quite attractively, not sure if will have rental demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    Hi all,

Anyone knows roughly when is this going TOP?

I drove past the other day and saw most of the windows are done but building still covered.

It's priced quite attractively, not sure if will have rental demand.
    It's hit 2000psf liao right? No?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    It's hit 2000psf liao right? No?
    2000 psf

I don't think so la, but i think once TOP the price will go up. No matter what this is Newton.

But now still quite cheap i think. I thinking of buying then rent out.

Anyone got an opinion on what's the fair psf for this condo?

2000 psf

I don't think so la, but i think once TOP the price will go up. No matter what this is Newton.

But now still quite cheap i think. I thinking of buying then rent out.

Anyone got an opinion on what's the fair psf for this condo?
    Its cheap for a reason..... Layout cmix3 n its really at the edge of newton as the name suggests

It's really quite at the edge of Newton but just beside the likes of Miro and a bunch of condo that are in D11 and still asking 2000+ psf. Seperated by the Canal.

I think it's cheap mainly because of the developer. Small timer so not much reputation. Plus this one not much facilities.

But location wise I think it beats Miro and Parc Infinia anytime if you're driving. At least Newton Edge got direct access back to Orchard direction via Make Peace road. Miro et al have to drive one giant round past Novena Square back to Newton Circus to go Orchard.

If walking then no different if not slightly nearer to Newton MRT.

It's really quite at the edge of Newton but just beside the likes of Miro and a bunch of condo that are in D11 and still asking 2000+ psf. Seperated by the Canal.

I think it's cheap mainly because of the developer. Small timer so not much reputation. Plus this one not much facilities.

But location wise I think it beats Miro and Parc Infinia anytime if you're driving. At least Newton Edge got direct access back to Orchard direction via Make Peace road. Miro et al have to drive one giant round past Novena Square back to Newton Circus to go Orchard.

ok...but can u accept the amount of wastage on the flrplan....

I thought the whole stretch of Bukit Timah from Newton Circus to Cavenagh is always jam. Think it is quite challenging to make a right turn from Make Peace to Cavenagh

There is a discussion from Novena PI to Orchard here.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...t=1654&page=33

Haha, yeah the floor plan really look quite scary. All the stuido already so small yet still got balcony and bomb shelter. But since I'm renting out then I'm more concerned about location and accessiblity to transport etc.

Quite a lot of wasted space, the 400+ sqft smallest units will be more like 300+ sqft. Not to mention they are west sun facing.

Think minimum need to be the 506 sqft or 581 sqft. Plus they have better facing.

What would be a fair price for the 506 sqft or 581 sqft units?

Cannot always look at peak hour traffic la... Peak hour no matter where you come from, going into Orchard will be a challenge. Even if you stay at Leonie Hill, driving to ION will be painful on Saturday afternoon..

Another example will be Marine Parade, Saturday want to drive a short 1km to get to Parkway Parade can take 20min. So peak hour is not a good comparison. If want to avoid traffic then everyone should stay at Lim Chu Kang.

I think comparing accessibility should be based during light traffic condition, and not just based on how many minutes it takes to go somewhere, but more on how direct is the route.

But I could be wrong la.. Haha

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ok...but can u accept the amount of wastage on the flrplan....
    As long as bal is not size of a study room i think is perfectly fine. If compared to Devonshire reside, newton edge floor plan is better.

When launched psf was 1200psf so I believe it will shoot up 1700. Well is small dev compared to nearby parc centennia Newton edge loc is better. Parc centennia is just next to power station and lotsa buyers din know as shiwflat was not on actual site.

Quote Originally Posted by jezz
    As long as bal is not size of a study room i think is perfectly fine. If compared to Devonshire reside, newton edge floor plan is better.

When launched psf was 1200psf so I believe it will shoot up 1700. Well is small dev compared to nearby parc centennia Newton edge loc is better. Parc centennia is just next to power station and lotsa buyers din know as shiwflat was not on actual site.
    Shdnt compare lousier projects to look better....

There r many other projects to buy

any idea when this place is going to TOP... heard from sources they attempted but failed?

new high

2013-01-25 #XX-XX 441sqft 2,175psf 2010-10-15 1,677 219,618 833 12.1
    Ride at your own risk !!!