Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Orchard Residences (D10, 99 Years Leasehold, Orchard Turn Developments Pte Ltd)

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Zhang Ziyi in Singapore for opening of Omega watch boutique
    Ng BaoYing
    Channel NewsAsia
    Tuesday, 27 October 2009, 2022hrs CCT

Zhang Ziyi in Singapore for opening of Omega watch boutique

Chinese actress Zhang Ziyi is in Singapore to open Omega’s first watch boutique in the city—state, at the ION Orchard shopping mall.

During a media conference with the company’s president, Stephen Urquhart, she revealed a secret to potential suitors hoping to win her heart.

"I say next time, you prepare a ring and a watch with diamonds. Then I will say yes, definitely," Zhang said.

She declined to say if she is currently working on another movie project, but said she will be returning to China to fulfil a busy schedule.

The international actress is the Omega’s newest spokesperson, and she said that the partnership was fated as the first watch she ever bought was an Omega.

"I spent pretty much all the money I had earned then. I still haven’t worn that watch till now. I can’t bear to as I’m scared I’ll lose it," Zhang said.

"I did not get a discount at the time. But I asked my boss, and he said that I can get a discount now," she quipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    So ..... when will the next record-breaking happen? 1 month from now? 1 week from now?
    4 floors! this is after buying 48 units of the cairnhill apt. these guys are like playing monopoly. we buy baltic they buy boardwalk and parklane.

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name .............. Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Orchard Residences . CCR ........ 150 .......................... 3 ................................ 4,099 ............ 3,499 ............ 2,780
    Perhaps super CCR buyers are slowly creeping in now?

Rëcörd price for retail shop
    H88
    Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 15:29

Units at The Marq On Paterson Hill transacted at $5,262 psf in August 2007 and The Orchard Residences (above Ion) at $5,6ÖÖ psf in October 2007. So you think our high-end condos are expensive? Wait till you hear about another ïnsänë retail shop purchase in Hong Kong - at $135,ÖÖÖ psf!

The 1,212 sqft shop is located at the busy Tsim Sha Tsui district and houses the luxury retailer Emperor Watch & Jewellery, owned by the music tycoon Albert Yeung.

At $135,000 psf, the shop transacted at $163m - you could buy 20 units at The Marq, or both Anson and VTB buildings in the CBD and still have cash left over.

I did some rough calculations; assuming we pave the entire floor of the shop in 2cm thick gold bars - it works out to be almost the same price, give or take a couple of million bucks.

I don't know about you guys, but that shop looks kinda run down, like something you'll see in Little India. What say you?

The exterior of the Emperor jewellery shop on Canton Road in Hong Kong, which was sold for US$108 million

Smile THE ORCHAD RESIDENCES For Sale

THE ORCHARD RESIDENCES for Sale
    (#31 Prestigious High Floor)

Today's Most Profitable Investment, keep increasing price
    Only 1 unit available, other units at 31st floor already sold out

Type: Condominium
    Bedrooms: 3
    Built-in: 1,808 sqft / 168 sqm
    Remarks: at 31st Floor, The best clear view unit (facing greenery, without barrier)
    Price: S$ 6,240,000 (cash)

Suitable for those who are interested in:
    - Prestigious Place ~ tenants are chancellors, high class businessmen from various countries
    - Profitable Investment – Special price valid only till 12th February 2010

Call Ripin Hutama (+62 815 878 4400)

For virtual map of The Orchard Residence, please click here

Overview of The Orchard Road Residences

http://www.theorchardresidences.com/

The Orchard Residences is named for its most coveted and strategic location at the gateway of Orchard Road and for its affinity to the world-famous shopping street's lead in luxury city living. It is also Orchard Road's tallest landmark building, a stature and distinction approved by the authorities.

A limited 175 exclusive, super luxury apartments housed in the district's tallest and most architecturally-definitive landmark aim to offer a lifestyle of timeless elegance and privacy in the midst of the vibrant city below. Standing at a commanding height of 218 meters and with no buildings nearby to rival its stature, the 56-storey residential tower will offer residences with breathtaking, unobstructed panoramic 360 views of Singapore.

Besides its world-famous and most expensive address, The Orchard Residences will also set unparalleled benchmarks in every aspect of luxury living by way of its all-encompassing design features that maximize its views and are attentive to every lifestyle need of those who have progressed well beyond personal success. All units will have unique enclosed alcoves that extend from the living and dining areas, as well as large master bathrooms with a curvilinear facade for optimal enjoyment of the views.

The Orchard Residences is also named for its piece de resistance: a 75,000 square foot high-rise garden which architects have referred to as the development's 'fifth elevation'. True to its iconic building concept and design, which drew inspiration from the site's heritage as an orchard, the re-creation of a private orchard located on the 9th floor will provide a habitat of quiet and serenity, amidst a spring-time botanic ambience for the exclusive use of its residents.

The Orchard Residences didn't managed to break its hïgh of $5,600 psf set in October 2007.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of February 2010
    Project Name .,,,,,,,,,,. Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Orchard Residences .CCR ....... 152 ....................... 2 ........................... 3,587 ........... 3,547 ........... 3,506

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner, Citylights, 1 April 2010 8.40 pm
    Can't understand why so much concern about maintenance fees when you are purchasing a condo. Does it means $100 you will buy even the unit is selling overprice? $400 you will not buy if the unit is selling underprice?
    Ever heard of people asking about Ardmore park maintenances fee when they are buying? Btw I still don't know what e maintenance fee for my Orchard Residences which I purchased.....
    Err ... Orchard Residences? The Orchard Residences?
    Err ... well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Err ... Orchard Residences? The Orchard Residences?
    Err ... well ...
    Wow ... Property_Owner seems to own almost every new, posh and prime development in town!

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    Wow ... Property_Owner seems to own almost every new, posh and prime development in town!

thats only 7 you mentioned .. assuming 4 units each project .. still only 28 .. he has 40 .. maybe more ..

dont pray pray ah ...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Missed out one more - Sentosa where he lives now!
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    thats only 7 you mentioned .. assuming 4 units each project .. still only 28 .. he has 40 .. maybe more ..

dont pray pray ah ...

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

Please remove Sail and Ardmore Park. No more vested interests. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Missed out one more - Sentosa where he lives now!
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    thats only 7 you mentioned .. assuming 4 units each project .. still only 28 .. he has 40 .. maybe more .. dont pray pray ah ...
    I suddenly remember Property_Owner has some shop houses.

For shop house, best to buy those facing a busy road, e more noisy and dusty e best. then rent out to ID company. They just love this kind of facing. Exposure to them. rent low first for 1 year, then slowly increase e rent, since they had spend so much renovating the place and want to hold on to that area, they will suck thumb and pay the rent. I had been going so.
    So here is an updated list of Property_Owner's properties (which is all I can remember) but only the tip of the iceberg!

I also suddenly remember Property_Owner has QAP GCB for son.

My son stay there la, QAP.
    It's mine lah, name still belong to me.

all hail propertyism!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I also suddenly remember Property_Owner has QAP GCB for son.

I notice Property_Owner prefers spanking new properties. Even let's his son stay in his QAP while himself goes Sentosa to "search for feeling".

Guys, I used to thought tat life in Sentosa is prefect and maybe what your guys mentioned as priceless or what seattle lakeside living. But till not I have not had this feeling at all. Sigh, been staying here for pass 1 month still searching for that feeling.
    I have a preference for older properties, although I do have a couple of new ones.

Older properties have higher capital appreciation potential, but the rental is headache.

Who wants to rent this type of place, for example? (I'm not saying this one below belongs to me ).

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner, 2 April 2010 11.22 am
    You never ask him to add The Tate Residences, One Jervois, One Amber, Soutbank, Double Bay Residences, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    You never ask him to add The Tate Residences, One Jervois, One Amber, Soutbank, Double Bay Residences, etc.?
    Aiya, Tate resid. picture is already there. you sure he bought DBR? I thought he said property is about the location, location & Location!

Suddenly, everyone is interested in him

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of March 2010
    Project Name ............. Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Orchard Residences . CCR ....... 153 ....................... 1 ........................... 3,155 ............ 3,155 .......... 3,155

$4,207 psf!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of April 2010
    Project Name ............. Locality . Units Sold To Date . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    The Orchard Residences . CCR ....... 154 ....................... 1 ........................... 4,207 ............ 4,207 .......... 4,207

First sighting of $4,000psf sale in 6 months
    H88
    Monday, 17 May 2010, 13:37

It's been 6 months since a Boulevard Vue unit in Cuscaden Walk was sold for $4,150psf in October 2009. Now a The Orchard Residences unit was sold recently by its developer for a cool $4,207 psf. That could potentially be a record sale in 2010 for a new condo in Singapore.

Could it be a sign that the super-high-end luxury market is moving again, now that our economy is back on track?

For those of you who have no idea where The Orchard Residences is - it's the huge skyscraper sitting on top of ION Orchard.