Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Come to think of it... maybe Linear is a good choice... especially when it is a low rise development. In future... when land cost more and less land is available, the plot ratio is likely to be revised upwards.. FH + increased plot ratio = good chance of enblock. But maybe have to wait at least 5 to 50 years or more... who knows. Glad that you like your purchase.
    Arigato!

But i really doubt the plot ratio will increase unless Mindef relocate. And in event is Mindef does shift, immediately a huge piece of land will be made available in that area, unless the govt still retain the piece the land for some other "non-sensitive" purposes. Anyway que sera sera lah....

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    Arigato!

But i really doubt the plot ratio will increase unless Mindef relocate. And in event is Mindef does shift, immediately a huge piece of land will be made available in that area, unless the govt still retain the piece the land for some other "non-sensitive" purposes. Anyway que sera sera lah....
    Linear has one of the best layout and quality I must say !
    I didn't buy though cos I didn't like the facing of the school nor the main road, that said, after viewing so many showflats, I feel that Linear's layout is good, no wastage of space or weird angles, and the master bathroom is of good size !

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass
    agreed. Just take a look at all the headline news on property recently. people diving headlong into bottomless pits, paying scary PSF prices seemingly without pausing to think for a sec... I mean c'mon! AMK for $1100PSF?! Upper pierce for 850+PSF?! HDB selling 600K upwards?! I fear for my infant son if that's the price trend of singapore property; we will soon be seeing suburban condo transacting at 1500PSF in 20-30yrs if this keep up, and my son would probably have to stay with me forever!
    Did ppl really buy the new launch at AMK for that price ?!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

No lah, probably you will see AMK $1200psf still there 5 years later. As for 20-30 years later, won't be surprise if prices go up >$2500psf (because of inflation and cheapening of paper money mah).

agreed. Just take a look at all the headline news on property recently. people diving headlong into bottomless pits, paying scary PSF prices seemingly without pausing to think for a sec... I mean c'mon! AMK for $1100PSF?! Upper pierce for 850+PSF?! HDB selling 600K upwards?! I fear for my infant son if that's the price trend of singapore property; we will soon be seeing suburban condo transacting at 1500PSF in 20-30yrs if this keep up, and my son would probably have to stay with me forever!

aiyoh why so work up? You can flame I cannot flame meh? I hit upon a sore point liao issit?
    FYI I have nothing against Lakeshore, just YOU. Looking thru your previous post and you have been flaming other projects via other sub forum. If Lakeshore REALLY SO GOOD why you need to go around and defend it?
    Relax and just enjoy your RICH MAN CONDO, dun get a CVA ok? chill...
    But take note that the clock is ticking, when your LH 99 exceed 10yrs liao, see your 700PSF nose dive to how much lor....
    Good Luck...
    dumbass,

worked up? i was having fun. Anyway not sure which forums you see me flaming but very sure ppl like you are really good flamer. Saying things without brain. I m rich that's for sure. Need not worry at all for me...but keep that to yourself. Go live in your HDB!

Come to think of it... maybe Linear is a good choice... especially when it is a low rise development. In future... when land cost more and less land is available, the plot ratio is likely to be revised upwards.. FH + increased plot ratio = good chance of enblock. But maybe have to wait at least 5 to 50 years or more... who knows. Glad that you like your purchase.

use google map you will notice tonnes of land around bukit panjang. further more mindef HQ is there and dont think value will go up unless they clear all this buggers away.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    No lah, probably you will see AMK $1200psf still there 5 years later. As for 20-30 years later, won't be surprise if prices go up >$2500psf (because of inflation and cheapening of paper money mah).
    dumbass still live in the eighties and nineties...welcome to the new Singapore. Where prices goes all the way up and come down some bit only even if it is a recession. i dont even think AMK Centro is overly expensive and in the next 5 years a new 99 yr condo near MRT suburban (chua chu kang, yishu, simei, jurong etc) can cost easily 1000 psf minimum. Many foreigners are buying up properties in Singapore because it is a safe haven for them. Tax evaders, swindlers, rich indo businessman, superstars, foreign talents, Hgkers (escape from air pollution) and civil servant retirees from china comes here. Singapore offers excellent security, health and practically no earthquakes and disasters. Rich man afraid their fortune can be lost through disasters and frequent unrest. Choose Singapore. Of course they are selective of what they buy and in fact they are more picky than Singaporeans.

if want to buy linear, take a drive to Senja Grand and go any of the blocks from 626 to 631 and take a lift up to the 30th floor. The view wud take ur breath away (can even see to malaysia) and u wud be thinking why the hell u wud be paying condo dollars to face an ugly rd when a short distance away u have hdb point blocks that wud blow linear away anytime in terms of design, view and px.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    dumbass still live in the eighties and nineties...welcome to the new Singapore. Where prices goes all the way up and come down some bit only even if it is a recession. i dont even think AMK Centro is overly expensive and in the next 5 years a new 99 yr condo near MRT suburban (chua chu kang, yishu, simei, jurong etc) can cost easily 1000 psf minimum. Many foreigners are buying up properties in Singapore because it is a safe haven for them. Tax evaders, swindlers, rich indo businessman, superstars, foreign talents, Hgkers (escape from air pollution) and civil servant retirees from china comes here. Singapore offers excellent security, health and practically no earthquakes and disasters. Rich man afraid their fortune can be lost through disasters and frequent unrest. Choose Singapore. Of course they are selective of what they buy and in fact they are more picky than Singaporeans.

Wah Wolverine, long time no see wor, welcome back. Busy showing your clients around at the show flats issit, for sue u talk like a property agent, probably from eff ee ohh? No wonder Centro Residence at 1100PSF still "not overly expensive" to you lor, the higher the more comission rite?

But thanks for your vote of confidence for suburban condo leh, 6 years later when BTL opens and MRT station appears near to linear, i sure blangjah you kopi-o if I can sell my place for 1000PSF hor...cos by your reasoning MRT station is like magic potion, can cause property price to shoot up high high. Sorry, i poor man so only can blangjah kopi hor....

So in the meantime I will just squat in my "lousy" condo, spending quality time with my son, without to worry about the massive loan I have taken due to greedy property developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    use google map you will notice tonnes of land around bukit panjang. further more mindef HQ is there and dont think value will go up unless they clear all this buggers away.
    anything is possible dude... just give it more time.. what makes you so S.U.R.E? Singapore river was a dirty place... look at it now? So what if there are lots of land around it.... There used to be lots of land around in Singapore which is unoccupied also... things had changed through the years.. and will continue to change, just when.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if want to buy linear, take a drive to Senja Grand and go any of the blocks from 626 to 631 and take a lift up to the 30th floor. The view wud take ur breath away (can even see to malaysia) and u wud be thinking why the hell u wud be paying condo dollars to face an ugly rd when a short distance away u have hdb point blocks that wud blow linear away anytime in terms of design, view and px.
    Be gracious.... not everyone is rich and not everyone can afford a bigger and better fish... a small fish is still a fish... no need to criticise until like that. I'm sure the buyers would have thought through it carefully and buy after accepting all the pro and cons. Give a little face will ya?

anything is possible dude... just give it more time.. what makes you so S.U.R.E? Singapore river was a dirty place... look at it now? So what if there are lots of land around it.... There used to be lots of land around in Singapore which is unoccupied also... things had changed through the years.. and will continue to change, just when.
    Agree ! who knows, some schools may move to the empty plots of land too .. look at CHIJ BT, it moves from Jln Jurong Kechil to Bt Panjang. I believe every place will always have its demands for diff reasons, be it work , school or other personal reasons. De La Salle at CCK too. Nan Chiau at SK too ..

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    Agree ! who knows, some schools may move to the empty plots of land too .. look at CHIJ BT, it moves from Jln Jurong Kechil to Bt Panjang. I believe every place will always have its demands for diff reasons, be it work , school or other personal reasons. De La Salle at CCK too. Nan Chiau at SK too ..
    Btw, I read somehwhere that De La Salle wil be moving over to Teck Whye on a temporary basis (around 2~3yrs) while they refurbish their existing CCK premises...

Be gracious.... not everyone is rich and not everyone can afford a bigger and better fish... a small fish is still a fish... no need to criticise until like that. I'm sure the buyers would have thought through it carefully and buy after accepting all the pro and cons. Give a little face will ya?
    Thanks for helping to speak up!

i am suggesting a better option for these people to buy hdb in Senja Grand which will help them to save more money and have a better lifestyle. Read my post carefully...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i am suggesting a better option for these people to buy hdb in Senja Grand which will help them to save more money and have a better lifestyle. Read my post carefully...
    Ok, got you... Excuse my wrong interpretation. Sometimes the eye and the mind don't see eye to eye.

For all condo owners wanna be... recommend to buy a HDB first and then move up to private. The exception is that you have too much money or will not consider HDB for whatever reasons. As always, work your sums right. A wrong move and you are history.

Wow liao..$1000 psf by 2015? That's near impossible! If can hit $800psf ose who bought at $5xx++ will be laughing all the way to the bank liao. But where to stay then? Profit made will not be enough for down payment! Better passed on to the next few generations until Mindef moves out one fine day.

Wah Wolverine, long time no see wor, welcome back. Busy showing your clients around at the show flats issit, for sue u talk like a property agent, probably from eff ee ohh? No wonder Centro Residence at 1100PSF still "not overly expensive" to you lor, the higher the more comission rite?

But thanks for your vote of confidence for suburban condo leh, 6 years later when BTL opens and MRT station appears near to linear, i sure blangjah you kopi-o if I can sell my place for 1000PSF hor...cos by your reasoning MRT station is like magic potion, can cause property price to shoot up high high. Sorry, i poor man so only can blangjah kopi hor....

So in the meantime I will just squat in my "lousy" condo, spending quality time with my son, without to worry about the massive loan I have taken due to greedy property developers.

Quote Originally Posted by ET-68
    Wow liao..$1000 psf by 2015? That's near impossible! If can hit $800psf ose who bought at $5xx++ will be laughing all the way to the bank liao. But where to stay then? Profit made will not be enough for down payment! Better passed on to the next few generations until Mindef moves out one fine day.
    Not too far away..... the last remaining unit (which is the sales office) is priced at $760psf... but I doubt anyone will bite.

Seen a lot of agent activity around the place today as well..... heard one seller is asking for $690psf... It will be interesting to see if it moves.

Not too far away..... the last remaining unit (which is the sales office) is priced at $760psf... but I doubt anyone will bite.

Seen a lot of agent activity around the place today as well..... heard one seller is asking for $690psf... It will be interesting to see if it moves.
    I heard that Linear is all East West Facing, is that true ?

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    I heard that Linear is all East West Facing, is that true ?
    Yupe. And the road is really noisy. Been to the showroom facing the road. Even with the doors closed and aircon on. Still can hear the trucks zooming pass. The canal facing side will be noise from the school

wow..... $760 psf for the ground floor sales office?? Then those who bought other units at $5xx psf earlier really got a good deal...

Quote Originally Posted by BenziT77
    Yupe. And the road is really noisy. Been to the showroom facing the road. Even with the doors closed and aircon on. Still can hear the trucks zooming pass. The canal facing side will be noise from the school
    Can't speak for the units facing the roads but noise from school is hardly any bother....

Quote Originally Posted by mezzy
    wow..... $760 psf for the ground floor sales office?? Then those who bought other units at $5xx psf earlier really got a good deal...
    This one is la-la land pricing whereby the developer is simply trying their luck in the crazy market.

Hope it went through as it will set the bench mark. The last time I heard from the sales office was that the developer requesting on-hold till one for its foreign customer viewing.

This one is la-la land pricing whereby the developer is simply trying their luck in the crazy market.

Quote Originally Posted by ET-68
    Hope it went through as it will set the bench mark. The last time I heard from the sales office was that the developer requesting on-hold till one for its foreign customer viewing.
    If it ever goes through, I would think this is more a one-off rather than the benchmark....

pretty quiet...

asking prices shown in the listings has gone up.

Any updates on the deal mentioned above?

pretty quiet...

asking prices shown in the listings has gone up.

Any updates on the deal mentioned above?
    I would suggest that you forget about this condo, either side you get free sun.

Yes, thanks for your honesty...

Been looking at this project for years but never find any good enough reason for us to commit.... But well... beauty in the eyes of beholder. What is important is that they like what they paid for.

Default The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

Quote Originally Posted by Honesty
    I would suggest that you forget about this condo, either side you get free sun.
    if buy linear, might as well consider mayspring, although it is 99 years...I have been to open house ....not bad with alot of open space and the guard is very strict...a plus point...

Just went to Mayspring yestersday. Got a lot of open space but a very small pool. My friend stayed in Blk 6, and the environment is ok. Heard Blk 2 is very noisy. From my friend's home, saw that Linear had a lot of empty rooms at the drain side, and the noise from the roads are pretty obvious. My friend mentioned that the sun is very bright on this side. When I went home passing by Linear from the road side, similarly got a lot of vacant units.

I remembered accompanying my colleague to view Linear during launch, and we all agreed that it is too near to the road.