Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

Quote Originally Posted by zoros
    Linear was somewhat like a new project BUT fall under the cage of the old development boundary.

Before Linear, it was a row of pre and post-war 2 storeys shophouses. Thus the shape and size of Linear takes the form of those shophouses, i.e. a long rectangular building. You can't do much changes unless you can request the authority to re-align the big CANAL or the BIG NOISY TRUNK ROAD! which of cos is IMPOSSIBLE.

So LIVE WITH IT for those who are in Linear. For those who intend to buy, THINK TWICE before you buy.

Bro, according to Ivy Lee agents, 2 yrs back, they showed us this plan where the canal is planned to be changed into some landscape or something along that line .. not sure when though ..

For those who live facing the main road, you will notice that the blinds are all down and if I am not wrong, they get the noon sun too. the ones at the back appears to be better, some units face the taller condo driveway.

Guess if Linear is built amongst the greenery , it will be a different story. The units do have good layout internally.

Anymore units left now? What price?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by prince7
    Anymore units left now? What price?
    Dun need to rush. Plenty left!

Hi, just curious to know from the bros here, assuming buying for own stay and no plan to sell in the near future, as well as the fact that I dun mind the location and the facing:

1. what is a fair price for this project?
    2. any idea what is the construction cost of the project?

Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass
    Hi, just curious to know from the bros here, assuming buying for own stay and no plan to sell in the near future, as well as the fact that I dun mind the location and the facing:

1. what is a fair price for this project?
    2. any idea what is the construction cost of the project?

Thanks in advance...

If Linear was located in town ..it would have sold very very well ... its got a very unique and nice design ..in fact it has won soem awards ,,...

unfortunately where it is located now ...i think its only in the 500-550 psf region ... my guess ..

opposite it ...near the nursery ... there a restuarant ..quite good food ..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    If Linear was located in town ..it would have sold very very well ... its got a very unique and nice design ..in fact it has won soem awards ,,...

unfortunately where it is located now ...i think its only in the 500-550 psf region ... my guess ..

opposite it ...near the nursery ... there a restuarant ..quite good food ..
    Thanks for the prompt reply

That's the current price being offered by the developer for brand new units ... any idea will it drop to $450/400PSF as the economic crisis deepens?

Thanks for the prompt reply

That's the current price being offered by the developer for brand new units ... any idea will it drop to $450/400PSF as the economic crisis deepens?
    i think the new projects will have a greater chance of psf falling ... but Linear was launched at least 5 yr ?? and its limited how much it can fall further ...

thats my feeling ...

also ... the stretch on its right (if stand facing gate) are also old shop houses .. in time to come will have chance to be 'enbloced' so i think that whole stretch will change .. probably within the next 10 yrs ...

if buy to stay i feel its fair price ...

i think the new projects will have a greater chance of psf falling ... but Linear was launched at least 5 yr ?? and its limited how much it can fall further ...

thats my feeling ...

also ... the stretch on its right (if stand facing gate) are also old shop houses .. in time to come will have chance to be 'enbloced' so i think that whole stretch will change .. probably within the next 10 yrs ...

if buy to stay i feel its fair price ...

Ok thanks Proud Owner,

Really appreciate your input. I really like the interior layout of the units at the Linear, very squarish rooms, with no wasting of spaces. And the masterbed room toilet...OMG It's one of the largest that I've even seen

Cheers!
    DA

I just view the place. They sold almost all over last 2 weeks. Left 3 units in front (520 psf) and 3 ground level (550psf) and they are not willing to lower any pricing.

Not worth it as 2 weeks ago, Level 1-6 all 550psf ONLY! So why pay same price for ground floor plus the 85sf patio cannot be counted into the valuation for bank. So, need to cough up 50-60K on top of bank valuation.

Ground floor and 2nd floor, surely very hard to sell, since back alley people walk can hear, smoke u can smell, etc.

This project is indeed a gem now in terms of the layout, design and location.

But the negatives are keeping the ppl away...

Back units:
    I can't really think of any seriously. Dun tink noise and sun is a factor here.

Front units:
    1. Main Road (Noise. Heavy Traffic and i guess a lot of heavy vehicles use this stretch. If u realise, there's a heavy vehicle carpark beside it.)
    2. KTM train (Noise. Again, please consider the noise of the train passing by. Not frequent, but may wake u up at the wrong time.)
    3. Afternoon Sun (I guess this one will turn ur unit into a steam bath.)

P.S. Residents, please give your honest feedback regarding the front unit. Are they HOT and NOISY? I'm considering an unit there as well.. =)

So please consider before you commit. Property will tie u down in the long run. It's not like buying a TOY.

I managed to get my hands on a back facing unit and I just popped by the solicitor's last fri to exercise my otp.... till now I still can't quite contain my excitement.

Reading through all the comments in this thread, I guess this development invokes pretty much a love-it or hate-it type of reaction.... and judging from the reactions I get from my own relatives and frens when I told them about The Linear, it seems like not many people are entirely convinced I made the right choice... and it is easy to know why they feel that way.

But I trust in my own judgment or maybe I just simply refuse to see the "light". In any case, I am really glad I got a back facing unit because it is truly a very different feel when u step into a back-facing unit compared to those facing the front.

Mine is looking into the rows of trees that helps to conceal a bit of Mayspring's carpark. Given that the design is "linear", all the rooms are laid out in straight line, so I get the same view when I step into the living room all the way through to the master bedroom at the end. It's like having a continuous wall of "greenery" as I stroll through my unit.

The internal layout is very squarish so it is very easy to work with. I get a nice modern kitchen plus the master bedroom toilet is HUGE and their finishing is pretty good ....

I guess I will only find out the true nuances of this development after I move but for now, I really think I have gotten a great deal. I can't wait to shift in....

Hope to hear from more fellow Linear owners in this forum soon....

to me, the design of this condo does not seem to go well with the facing even though the psf is rather low. as for pty, location is almost everything, but if you like the area very much, then i there is nothing else anyone can say....

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    I managed to get my hands on a back facing unit and I just popped by the solicitor's last fri to exercise my otp.... till now I still can't quite contain my excitement.

Reading through all the comments in this thread, I guess this development invokes pretty much a love-it or hate-it type of reaction.... and judging from the reactions I get from my own relatives and frens when I told them about The Linear, it seems like not many people are entirely convinced I made the right choice... and it is easy to know why they feel that way.

But I trust in my own judgment or maybe I just simply refuse to see the "light". In any case, I am really glad I got a back facing unit because it is truly a very different feel when u step into a back-facing unit compared to those facing the front.

Mine is looking into the rows of trees that helps to conceal a bit of Mayspring's carpark. Given that the design is "linear", all the rooms are laid out in straight line, so I get the same view when I step into the living room all the way through to the master bedroom at the end. It's like having a continuous wall of "greenery" as I stroll through my unit.

The internal layout is very squarish so it is very easy to work with. I get a nice modern kitchen plus the master bedroom toilet is HUGE and their finishing is pretty good ....

I guess I will only find out the true nuances of this development after I move but for now, I really think I have gotten a great deal. I can't wait to shift in....

Hope to hear from more fellow Linear owners in this forum soon....

I have to admit that the low psf was one of the main deciding factor as I didn't have much to work with.....

In terms of location, I was bounded by the cck and cashew area in order to be close to relatives and the existing public transportation link (MRT/LRT) is also very important to my wifey as she does not drive...

congrats on buying your unit! yeah I would do the same because of the attractive price. Location-wise not many people like, but near MRT and amenities is good enough for me!

I have to admit that the low psf was one of the main deciding factor as I didn't have much to work with.....

In terms of location, I was bounded by the cck and cashew area in order to be close to relatives and the existing public transportation link (MRT/LRT) is also very important to my wifey as she does not drive...
    As long as the place could fit into you daily living routines (your work, your family activities etc), I guess this is not a bad choice for you. An ex-colleague of mine has also bought an unit there. Anyway, congra to you.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    congrats on buying your unit! yeah I would do the same because of the attractive price. Location-wise not many people like, but near MRT and amenities is good enough for me!
    Thanks! Actually with the revised pricing, the take-up rate was really high... they even managed to move some of those so-called "less ideal" front facing units....

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Yuen
    As long as the place could fit into you daily living routines (your work, your family activities etc), I guess this is not a bad choice for you. An ex-colleague of mine has also bought an unit there. Anyway, congra to you.
    Being bounded geographically in terms of location plus the added criteria of being near to MRT/ LRT, it really helped narrow down the search to only a few developments..... And of those available, Linear appeals to me the most in terms of immediate occupancy, age of property, tenure, exterior design, interior finishings and pricing......

Being bounded geographically in terms of location plus the added criteria of being near to MRT/ LRT, it really helped narrow down the search to only a few developments..... And of those available, Linear appeals to me the most in terms of immediate occupancy, age of property, tenure, exterior design, interior finishings and pricing......

Hi Wreckwrx!

Recently bought a back facing unit too from the developer...

impatiently waiting for the keys so that I can start work on the ID, and to shift in with my family

Bought the unit with the same consideration as yours i.e immediate occupancy, low pricing, location central (near to my mother and mother-in-law place). Proximity to eateries and shopping mall (i.e Bukit Panjang plaza) also a plus. With the future MRT station just across the road (tho must wait till 2015), the pricing offered by the developer is simply too attactive to give up.

Would have gone for the penthouse if the developer is willing to selling at a lower PSF price i.e $400, but alas they are quite firm about the pricing, and hence making the penthouse unattractive as the PSF is the same as the normal units.

Congrats on your purchase, and hope to see u around!

Cheers!

Hi Wreckwrx!

impatiently waiting for the keys so that I can start work on the ID, and to shift in with my family

Bought the unit with the same consideration as yours i.e immediate occupancy, low pricing, location central (near to my mother and mother-in-law place). Proximity to eateries and shopping mall (i.e Bukit Panjang plaza) also a plus. With the future MRT station just across the road (tho must wait till 2015), the pricing offered by the developer is simply too attactive to give up.

Would have gone for the penthouse if the developer is willing to selling at a lower PSF price i.e $400, but alas they are quite firm about the pricing, and hence making the penthouse unattractive as the PSF is the same as the normal units.

Cheers!
    Cool! A fellow Linear resident-to-be.... plus we got the same facing some more...

I can't wait to shift in too!

Btw, next time if u see a dude walking a huge yellow labrador, that's me!

Hi Wreckwrx!

Cheers!
    hey .. looks like you took up my recommendation and bought a unit at Linear ..well done ...

it is indeed a very unique architectural piece ...

hey .. looks like you took up my recommendation and bought a unit at Linear ..well done ...

Haha! Yup, ur insightful comments on this project was the final push factor!

Thanks to all the bros who have given their valuable comments, both positive and negative, it's healthy dicussion like this that makes this forum useful...cheers!

btw how big are the 2 n 3 beddrs n wat is the psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    btw how big are the 2 n 3 beddrs n wat is the psf?
    So far, I have seen two configurations for the 3 bedders... one is 1227sqft and the other type is 1249sqft. The developer is selling the back facing units for $550psf and the front facing ones for $520psf. However apart from the penthouses, I am not sure if the developer have anymore back facing units left to sell...

As for the 2 bedders, I was offered a front facing unit at 936sqft asking for about $560psf.... but this was from the secondary market. Not sure whether it is still available or not....

So far, I have seen two configurations for the 3 bedders... one is 1227sqft and the other type is 1249sqft. The developer is selling the back facing units for $550psf and the front facing ones for $520psf. However apart from the penthouses, I am not sure if the developer have anymore back facing units left to sell...

As for the 2 bedders, I was offered a front facing unit at 936sqft asking for about $560psf.... but this was from the secondary market. Not sure whether it is still available or not....
    A couple of transactions was lodged at $550 psf recently from URA's listing... uniform pricing by developer? no room to bargain? Anyway I am not sure if this is a good choice for investment even if it is cheaper, $550 psf * 1249 = $686950. Quite afforbable.

Standard pricing from Developer.... no room for negotiation...

In fact one of the fellow forummer here tried to negotiate for a better deal for a penthouse but developer did not entertain....

In terms of capital appreciation, i guess the nearby cashew area would be a better bet for now..... But in terms of affordability, age of property, exterior design and interior finishings coupled with the proximity to existing public transport network, Linear definitely suits my needs much better.

In any case once the MRT network is up and together with whatever improvements to the surrounding area, The Linear should be able to hold it's value...

but linear is stuck to an old rundown shophouse (wall to wall) which puts me off whenever i drive past the condo. i cant imagine anyone wanting to buy that corner beside the coffeeshop. another thing is there are a lot of lorries parked just opposite linear on the other side of the road, making the place look kinda ..... when i first saw the condo, i honestly did not think it was a condo and thought of it more as a short office building due to the linear glassy facade. i think back facing units should be all right, but for the front facing ones, even if you sell me at 400psf, i wont bite it.....

In fact one of the fellow forummer here tried to negotiate for a better deal for a penthouse but developer did not entertain....

In terms of capital appreciation, i guess the nearby cashew area would be a better bet for now..... But in terms of affordability, age of property, exterior design and interior finishings coupled with the proximity to existing public transport network, Linear definitely suits my needs much better.

In any case once the MRT network is up and together with whatever improvements to the surrounding area, The Linear should be able to hold it's value...
    Can't help but feel the need to comment on this Linear.

1. The good thing is it LH999 and available immediately + superb price reduction from developer after empty so long.

2. The bad thing, Because it is facing Mindef, it have a height restriction and the land shape deny its development to be North-South Oriented which then could go high like Maysprings behind Linear.

3. The train pass by minimum 4 times a day and could be hear as far as Hazel Park.

4. At the last check, the future MRT is not going to be on the empty land beside the LRT. Maysprings MCST + some residents had taken this thing all the way to Teo Ho Pin to request to have an integrated MRT/LRT/Interchange but however, this last station of the line could not be bend enough to cater. Tentatively it will be along Petir Road which is not exactly walking distance for Linear unless they could cut through or fly over Maysprings diagonally. (Chk Maysprings thread)

5. For goodness sake, Linear is an apartment classification not a condominium.

The prawn noodle beside Linear is good though. The Sze Char also not bad, do try their flower crab on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    but linear is stuck to an old rundown shophouse (wall to wall) which puts me off whenever i drive past the condo. i cant imagine anyone wanting to buy that corner beside the coffeeshop. another thing is there are a lot of lorries parked just opposite linear on the other side of the road, making the place look kinda ..... when i first saw the condo, i honestly did not think it was a condo and thought of it more as a short office building due to the linear glassy facade. i think back facing units should be all right, but for the front facing ones, even if you sell me at 400psf, i wont bite it.....
    Unlike the idiot above, I would buy at $400 psf. Any sellers please PM me, thanks.

of course with a name like Lord Anus, you would go for all kinds of shit at shit pricing as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    Unlike the idiot above, I would buy at $400 psf. Any sellers please PM me, thanks.

Did verify with developer marketing agent. Almost all units sold except for a few units that were rented out by developer. Think those who bought recently at 500-550psf got a very good deal and stands to profit much when DTL2 starts operation in 2015.