Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Linear (D23, 999 yrs, Amara Holdings)

you guys who bought linear wud be glad to know that linear is in the singapore book of records for being the longest condo building, not sure if any new condo has overtaken since

Rubbish condo.

Near to big "Long Kang"...smell very bad everyday.

Noise is really unbearable

Not near to good school

Bloody no view

Jam always

WTF will buy them?

DUMD ppl with no where to spend.

I opined that your comments are not justified or rather unfair to the residents of Linear. Objectively speaking, the canal is cleaned frequently and if its smelly, I am positive that the issue would have been raised to the concerned authority. As for the congestion outside Linear ie. UBT, I drive along UBT everyday and it doesn't appear to be as bad as what you have mentioned or experienced?

Beauties are in the eyes of be holder.

Those who bought are genuine buyers (I thinked) who have intentions to hold till 2015 when DTL2 completes. If the prices dun goes up then they will just consider for own stay lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    Rubbish condo.

Near to big "Long Kang"...smell very bad everyday.

Noise is really unbearable

Not near to good school

Bloody no view

Jam always

WTF will buy them?

DUMD ppl with no where to spend.

Ya lor ya lor, very "DUMD" leh
    Buy Lakeshore even "DUMDER" leh
    LH 99 at ULU ZOO LONG still dare to sell 700PSF, wah lau FEO boleh lah
    Not near good school
    so many bangla
    AYE jam always
    WTF will buy them
    DUMD ppl with money flowing out of their ass cracks

i do nt like both projects but at least lakeshore looks mre decent n the future jurong business hub n lake district is just minutes away. Apart frm being designd by Kenzo, linear situated where it is now looks mre like sme elongated office building. Such a design is in the wrong locatn thru n thru. Cheap is never a reason to buy a condo. Pty is all about locatn.
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbass
    Not near good school
    so many bangla
    AYE jam always
    WTF will buy them

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    i do nt like both projects but at least lakeshore looks mre decent n the future jurong business hub n lake district is just minutes away. Apart frm being designd by Kenzo, linear situated where it is now looks mre like sme elongated office building. Such a design is in the wrong locatn thru n thru. Cheap is never a reason to buy a condo. Pty is all about locatn.
    Location matters and prices should reflect this accordingly.... Linear is cheap because it's location.. period.

But it seems that we are currently living in a world whereby non-prime areas are selling at prime prices.

So at the end of the day, I really don't know which one is "madder"... knowingly paying prime prices for non-prime locations or knowingly buying non-prime areas at non-prime pricing? Very confusing hor??

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwrx
    Location matters and prices should reflect this accordingly.... Linear is cheap because it's location.. period.

But it seems that we are currently living in a world whereby non-prime areas are selling at prime prices.

So at the end of the day, I really don't know which one is "madder"... knowingly paying prime prices for non-prime locations or knowingly buying non-prime areas at non-prime pricing? Very confusing hor??
    This kind of pricing only shows that developer expects a lower take up rate and don't mind holding on to units... possibly for their leasing arm. The prices might be reduced later on when the response is not good with the exception of some developers who would not revise the price down.... i.e. FEO so far.. This is also an attempt to get the buyers to exercise their options granted earlier... it is a game plan played by the game masters... They control the prices and they can always ask for the sky... willing seller, willing buyer... who is right?

You will notice that current projects with high asking prices are mainly near MRT projects... not something Linear has or will have... no offence. Tenure is something you don't live long enough to experience. Location matters more than anything... i.e. The Sail... no FH but is very much sought after even at the current pricing. I would say Linear would be very much sought after if placed beside The Sail. Enjoy the Tenure. It really makes no difference to me.

bro, at the end of the day if you drive ur wrx, anywhere in singapore is near lah... why pay 2000psf for a property in orchard when you can simply drive there from linear in 15 min in ur wrx? Linear might be a good choice for you, but too bad i do not like short condos.....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You sure you can drive from Linear to Orchard road in 15 mins? (I drive from Bukit Timah 6th Ave to Orchard already taking 15 mins or more).

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    bro, at the end of the day if you drive ur wrx, anywhere in singapore is near lah... why pay 2000psf for a property in orchard when you can simply drive there from linear in 15 min in ur wrx? Linear might be a good choice for you, but too bad i do not like short condos.....

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    ... willing seller, willing buyer... who is right?

You will notice that current projects with high asking prices are mainly near MRT projects... not something Linear has or will have... no offence. Tenure is something you don't live long enough to experience. Location matters more than anything... i.e. The Sail... no FH but is very much sought after even at the current pricing. I would say Linear would be very much sought after if placed beside The Sail. Enjoy the Tenure. It really makes no difference to me.
    Linear is not next to The Sail and its selling price is a fraction of what The Sail is going for... which is a fair reflection for the "intrinsic value" of the two projects. It's really a heaven and earth type of comparison. Still The Linear is also sought after in its own right. After all, not everyone wants to stay in heaven or have the means to do so.....

And who's to say right or wrong? As you put it, "willing buyer, willing seller"....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    If I have money to burn, paying 2000psf for a place in orchard may not be an issue if i really like the place. Heck... I might just pay 4000psf just to lock-in the deal to make sure I get a choice unit.

But too bad, I am just driving a wreck.....

Not near good school
    so many bangla
    AYE jam always
    WTF will buy them
    Bangla? you mean those crowding in jurong point centris? wake up dumb ass!
    Lakeshore you know where or not? Dunno say dunno.
    River Valley High good or not?
    Fuhua Sec
    Rulang Pri
    These are Good schools...if you dumb ass dunno.
    yes it is 99, so what? stay at Linear you can live beyond 999? my foot!
    Aye jam there is pie, you got what expressway? KJE which link to pie...jammed badly lor. MRT? wait lor 2020.
    View? ZERO, not even a pond but got big wide "long kang".
    FYI punny brain. Rich people buy lor...those cannot afford buy long kang condo comes with 999 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine77
    Bangla? you mean those crowding in jurong point centris? wake up dumb ass!
    Lakeshore you know where or not? Dunno say dunno.
    River Valley High good or not?
    Fuhua Sec
    Rulang Pri
    These are Good schools...if you dumb ass dunno.
    yes it is 99, so what? stay at Linear you can live beyond 999? my foot!
    Aye jam there is pie, you got what expressway? KJE which link to pie...jammed badly lor. MRT? wait lor 2020.
    View? ZERO, not even a pond but got big wide "long kang".
    FYI punny brain. Rich people buy lor...those cannot afford buy long kang condo comes with 999 years.
    aiyoh why so work up? You can flame I cannot flame meh? I hit upon a sore point liao issit?
    FYI I have nothing against Lakeshore, just YOU. Looking thru your previous post and you have been flaming other projects via other sub forum. If Lakeshore REALLY SO GOOD why you need to go around and defend it?
    Relax and just enjoy your RICH MAN CONDO, dun get a CVA ok? chill...
    But take note that the clock is ticking, when your LH 99 exceed 10yrs liao, see your 700PSF nose dive to how much lor....
    Good Luck...

aiyoh why so work up? You can flame I cannot flame meh? I hit upon a sore point liao issit?
    FYI I have nothing against Lakeshore, just YOU. Looking thru your previous post and you have been flaming other projects via other sub forum. If Lakeshore REALLY SO GOOD why you need to go around and defend it?
    Relax and just enjoy your RICH MAN CONDO, dun get a CVA ok? chill...
    But take note that the clock is ticking, when your LH 99 exceed 10yrs liao, see your 700PSF nose dive to how much lor....
    Good Luck...
    Hi, I will like to find out what happens in terms of value for LH99 after it exceeds 10 yrs. Will price definitely nose dive even if location is good ? e.g. Northvale at CCK , 11 yrs old, current price seems to be on the high side (may be due to mi casa) , palm gardens at cck (not central cck, however, asking price now is 5++ psf) and it is also coming to 10 yrs .. If one were to buy a resale value now, does it mean that given another few more years, prices sure nosedive compared to a FH at hillview ?

Quote Originally Posted by beverly
    Hi, I will like to find out what happens in terms of value for LH99 after it exceeds 10 yrs. Will price definitely nose dive even if location is good ? e.g. Northvale at CCK , 11 yrs old, current price seems to be on the high side (may be due to mi casa) , palm gardens at cck (not central cck, however, asking price now is 5++ psf) and it is also coming to 10 yrs .. If one were to buy a resale value now, does it mean that given another few more years, prices sure nosedive compared to a FH at hillview ?
    Hi, I am no guru, just giving my $0.02 worth. Any bros here can correct me if I am wrong.

The main issue regarding LH99 property is the ability of your future buyer to secure a loan. As your property age fast approaches 30yrs, banks may not be that willing to loan the required amount, and that of course will impact the resailabilty and value of old LH99 properties.

So if your main aim is own stay forever, the LH99/FH will not make any difference.

The caveat is of course location. If you get somewhere hot like the sail etc etc, the above will not hold true lor.

But CCK, Woodlands and the other suburban areas are not considered "HOT" areas, and pricing can fluctuates wildly. I have heard stories of people buying LH99 properties at inflated prices in 96/97 and the property values has drop way below the purchasing price till now. Thats why I am skeptical when property developers starts to sell suburban LH99 condos at 1kpsf, people who enter at these pricing really must open their eyes big big, if not 5-10 yrs later they will be

Like I say, my $0.02 worth. The other bros here can feel free to correct me, afterall we are all here to learn. Cheers!

Thanks. Yes, I have heard the same about securing the loan for an old LH99 property.

The agents selling Mi Casa at cck were telling me ( and even showing me what other ppl's purchase papers details ) that at 650 psf , one can still earn if used for investment. How so ? He said the price one pay for is the price it is in 2 yrs time .. I just wonder (correct me if i am wrong for I have no experience in this ) - if buy at 650psf, i sell at 700 psf, for that 50 psf difference for a 3 bedder, assuming I earn 60k, minus off the stamp duty that one paid for, and btw, how much is the agents' fee if one is selling ? x % .. the profit is very marginal isn't it ?

Even if one buys a resale 99 yr(suburb area at a low price, say 700k for a 4 bedder, given the age of a property, can one even earn from it ? perhaps through rentals ..

Hi, I am no guru, just giving my $0.02 worth. Any bros here can correct me if I am wrong.

The main issue regarding LH99 property is the ability of your future buyer to secure a loan. As your property age fast approaches 30yrs, banks may not be that willing to loan the required amount, and that of course will impact the resailabilty and value of old LH99 properties.

So if your main aim is own stay forever, the LH99/FH will not make any difference.

The caveat is of course location. If you get somewhere hot like the sail etc etc, the above will not hold true lor.

But CCK, Woodlands and the other suburban areas are not considered "HOT" areas, and pricing can fluctuates wildly. I have heard stories of people buying LH99 properties at inflated prices in 96/97 and the property values has drop way below the purchasing price till now. Thats why I am skeptical when property developers starts to sell suburban LH99 condos at 1kpsf, people who enter at these pricing really must open their eyes big big, if not 5-10 yrs later they will be

Like I say, my $0.02 worth. The other bros here can feel free to correct me, afterall we are all here to learn. Cheers!

Thanks. Yes, I have heard the same about securing the loan for an old LH99 property.

The agents selling Mi Casa at cck were telling me ( and even showing me what other ppl's purchase papers details ) that at 650 psf , one can still earn if used for investment. How so ? He said the price one pay for is the price it is in 2 yrs time .. I just wonder (correct me if i am wrong for I have no experience in this ) - if buy at 650psf, i sell at 700 psf, for that 50 psf difference for a 3 bedder, assuming I earn 60k, minus off the stamp duty that one paid for, and btw, how much is the agents' fee if one is selling ? x % .. the profit is very marginal isn't it ?

Even if one buys a resale 99 yr(suburb area at a low price, say 700k for a 4 bedder, given the age of a property, can one even earn from it ? perhaps through rentals ..
    You should not hold the view that L99 projects are hopeless... You will be surprised... my parents bought a old apartment in Jurong more than 20 years ago... it is an apartment costing at about $160k at time of purchase 1986... went through the 97 peak at above $400k.... then back down to $250k around till 2001.... now closing at about $500k and above... after all these years... 30 years liao?

Not big windfalls to speak off but hey... it's just $160k to start with... since it has been fully paid, been the source of income for my mother at about $2k rent per month for years. Nothing to worry about for the rest of her life.. she never had to work.

Incidently.... she is able to afford a 3 room HDB flat at Chinatown sometime in 98/99... bought at $220k and now prices are at least $300k and going up... no big profits to boast about... but hey... it is still going up and it should be more than 30 years? Blk 4 Sago Lane... go check out the prices there...

Only fools would think that only FH can make money... and fools that write off 99 projects. Let history be your proof.

4 Sago Lane 01 to 05 67.00 Improved 1974 $293,000.00 Apr 2009
    4 Sago Lane 16 to 20 67.00 Improved 1974 $310,000.00 Mar 2009
    4 Sago Lane 16 to 20 67.00 Improved 1974 $330,000.00 Jan 2009
    4 Sago Lane 06 to 10 57.00 Improved 1974 $266,000.00 Jan 2009

Just to prove a point... it's 35 years old projects... using HDB as an example here.
    Last edited by Condorich; 03-08-09 at 11:04.

It is really is down to location and especially if there are good schools in that area, there will always be a demand regardless of the age.

It is really is down to location and especially if there are good schools in that area, there will always be a demand regardless of the age.
    I guess so .. prob garden vista is one of them then .. but high oaks did not appreciate much in price though near good school

Just buy anywhere lah... Surely make money one... It is only making more or making less...If HDB prices never go down, then I don't see any reasons why private property will go down.... HDB is the support level for private properties....

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead
    Just buy anywhere lah... Surely make money one... It is only making more or making less...If HDB prices never go down, then I don't see any reasons why private property will go down.... HDB is the support level for private properties....
    100% agreed.

and to buy within your means... no point to be too greedy... and too ambitious... a good deal is a bad deal the very moment you default on your mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead
    Not all HDBs make money, esp if one buy the resale hdb during the hey days.

How true.... it's all about timing and a understanding of the property cycles.

Ride the wave and never take a dive when it is at the top of the wave. Some waves do get higher and higher but like all waves... there will be a low from time to time.

Ya... those pre-97 cheongsters that paid like 600K~700k for HDB are still bleeding & licking their wounds.....

Similarly, not all condos will make money either.... so don't let the Eff-Yee-Oh agents hoodwink u....

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    How true.... it's all about timing and a understanding of the property cycles.

Ride the wave and never take a dive when it is at the top of the wave. Some waves do get higher and higher but like all waves... there will be a low from time to time.

agreed. Just take a look at all the headline news on property recently. people diving headlong into bottomless pits, paying scary PSF prices seemingly without pausing to think for a sec... I mean c'mon! AMK for $1100PSF?! Upper pierce for 850+PSF?! HDB selling 600K upwards?! I fear for my infant son if that's the price trend of singapore property; we will soon be seeing suburban condo transacting at 1500PSF in 20-30yrs if this keep up, and my son would probably have to stay with me forever!

agreed. Just take a look at all the headline news on property recently. people diving headlong into bottomless pits, paying scary PSF prices seemingly without pausing to think for a sec... I mean c'mon! AMK for $1100PSF?! Upper pierce for 850+PSF?! HDB selling 600K upwards?! I fear for my infant son if that's the price trend of singapore property; we will soon be seeing suburban condo transacting at 1500PSF in 20-30yrs if this keep up, and my son would probably have to stay with me forever!
    Suburban codos transacting at 1500psf.... whoah... I can't wait for the day to come!!

Suburban codos transacting at 1500psf.... whoah... I can't wait for the day to come!!
    Come to think of it... maybe Linear is a good choice... especially when it is a low rise development. In future... when land cost more and less land is available, the plot ratio is likely to be revised upwards.. FH + increased plot ratio = good chance of enblock. But maybe have to wait at least 5 to 50 years or more... who knows. Glad that you like your purchase.