Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: Oasis Garden at Upper Paya Lebar

Unhappy

The penthouse is even nicer but no $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Hello
    The penthouse is even nicer but no $$$$
    Yah its penthse design quite good .. unlike some others need to climb stairs, this one quite elder-frenly

Default OG

Hi, wondering if anyone bought the 2 bdrms? went to see today, left only high floor and discount is quite firm now. they not willing to bargain much...even with a direct west sun!!

wondering if 2 bdrm is suitable for my family of 3 right now...

if buy 2 bdrms high fl, price equal to their low fl 2 + 1 previously....

now 2 + 1 only left with very high fl... price oso equal to their low floor 3 bdrms... but all sold...

haiz... maybe shd wait closer to TOP than try?

Went down last week to check it out... the agent there was quoting around 780psf for 3BR and 3BR + study for high flr... isn't that still v high???

Quote Originally Posted by hmsg
    Went down last week to check it out... the agent there was quoting around 780psf for 3BR and 3BR + study for high flr... isn't that still v high???
    hmmm ... depends on the definition of "high" floor .. how high is high?? thot usually is lower psf for bigger units rt ...

Quote Originally Posted by sdu865
    Hi, wondering if anyone bought the 2 bdrms? went to see today, left only high floor and discount is quite firm now. they not willing to bargain much...even with a direct west sun!!

wondering if 2 bdrm is suitable for my family of 3 right now...

if buy 2 bdrms high fl, price equal to their low fl 2 + 1 previously....

now 2 + 1 only left with very high fl... price oso equal to their low floor 3 bdrms... but all sold...

haiz... maybe shd wait closer to TOP than try?
    Eh .. a little confused here ... do you mean low floor 3 bdrms all sold?? And how low is considered as low ... is 7th flr low ah??

Which means all the 3 bedrooms high floor price will be equal to all the 4 bedrooms low floor??

Think that is what bro sdu meant... As far as I'm aware, the difference between each flr is $10psf. So the difference between the lowest and highest floor for a 3 bedroom in the same stack can be as much as $150psf.. I'm not surprise that the high flr 3 bedroom is about the same price as the low flr 4 bedrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by hmsg
    Prices usually goes up with each increase in flr.. $7-10psf increment per flr is quite normal actually... so if a 16th floor unit is selling for $780psf, expect the 2nd flr to cost about $630psf.. $630psf still considered high for a FH development?

well .. 600s sure doesn't sound ex for FH but even for low floor, does that prize even appear on the radar screen? did the agent say really < 650psf for low floor (or maybe ground floor with PES thrown in) ...

<$650psf think haven't seen yet.. But based on URA website, there was a caveat lodged for $664psf for a 3 bedder (see attached).. If we can know exactly which floor this unit is, then probably can guage whether <$650psf is possible for floors lower than it....

The agent usually quote a price based on the developer's discount.. But the final price is still determine by how good the buyer is in negotiating with the developer....
    Attached Images Attached Images

By the way, you can follow this link to check out the some URA property trasnsaction info...

http://www.ura.gov.sg/real_estate/main.jsp

Click the search button under the "Private Residential Property Transactions with Caveats Lodged" to search for the property prices..

You can also see a summary of how many units sold per month, the highest, lowest and average seling psf price by clicking on search button under the "Prices of Units Sold in Private Residential Properties".

thanks bro ... yah saw those already but no idea which floor (we can only guess that low flr is how low ...) if that size is not with pes, then can rule out the grd-flr units. But can only guess ... 2nd? 3rd?

It's a 3rd floor unit transacted on mid Mar.

But do bear in mind every unit is different in terms of facing & level. Example: a 2nd floor unit with better facing can be more expensive. Or another 3rd flr unit could be much more expensive if of good facing. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    It's a 3rd floor unit transacted on mid Mar.

But do bear in mind every unit is different in terms of facing & level. Example: a 2nd floor unit with better facing can be more expensive. Or another 3rd flr unit could be much more expensive if of good facing. Good luck.
    wow ... u bought the unit? or did your agent tell u specifically which flr?

Hmmm .. it could make say a 15th floor unit around 760psf (but think bro jpty said he was quote 785psf for 16th?) ... but u've a point about the stack lah

I'm not the buyer & not an agent. Just another busybody in this forum.

BTW, another unit sold also in mid Mar at 743psf is on level 15.
    Interestingly, a level 12 is sold at 755psf at around the same period.
    Both are of the same stack.

So it depends on how much you like the unit, how desperate the seller is, how good you are at negotiation, how much you think is an affordable & acceptable, etc....

hey busybody (as u've claimed ) ... u got insider news ah?

i think bro jpty now got betta clue wat to do with his desired unit lor ...

Default OG

Quote Originally Posted by jtpy
    Think that is what bro sdu meant... As far as I'm aware, the difference between each flr is $10psf. So the difference between the lowest and highest floor for a 3 bedroom in the same stack can be as much as $150psf.. I'm not surprise that the high flr 3 bedroom is about the same price as the low flr 4 bedrooms.
    Hi bro jpty, u r right! tat's wat i meant.

so now balance all above 14 fl.

a 2 bdrm cost almost 750k! 2 + 1 cost 830k!

ridiculous right? even if the property appreciate to 900+k in 3 - 5 yrs i can probably level and not make any good return on this investment cum staying...(minus off interest and stamp, etc...)

and whether this project will emerge as THE CHUAN upon TOP or not?
    given it surrounded by gurka and factories...

dun see much rental potential as well, mostly local families especially HDB upgraders...

so future resale might be a problem.... haiz... but it's a nice project... confused...

Eh confusing indeed ... but PN just shared about the pricing rite .. should give a pretty good indication rt. PN said 743psf for high flr leh ... if multiply by the sq ft for stack 9, should be abt $700K mahh .... why 750K? unless referring the top most .....

Think nego skills really plays a big part here... #12 more exp than #15!!! The #15 owner must be a solid negotiator!

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteel
    agredd bro. I believe the average price should be in the range of 680-700. But of course if i really like the unit, I dun mind paying more. Still eyeing on 15-09 and doing my sums now..
    Hmmm... could the super strong negotiator be Bro Rocksteel??

Quote Originally Posted by cheerful
    hey busybody (as u've claimed ) ... u got insider news ah?

i think bro jpty now got betta clue wat to do with his desired unit lor ...
    Haahaha.. Weekend coming.. Can go check out situation again! Think the next time I go to showroom, no need to sign in liao.. Regular visitor!!

Quote Originally Posted by sdu865
    Hi bro jpty, u r right! tat's wat i meant.

so now balance all above 14 fl.

a 2 bdrm cost almost 750k! 2 + 1 cost 830k!

ridiculous right? even if the property appreciate to 900+k in 3 - 5 yrs i can probably level and not make any good return on this investment cum staying...(minus off interest and stamp, etc...)

and whether this project will emerge as THE CHUAN upon TOP or not?
    given it surrounded by gurka and factories...

dun see much rental potential as well, mostly local families especially HDB upgraders...

so future resale might be a problem.... haiz... but it's a nice project... confused...
    Yep, agreed that the 2 and 2+1 bedders are not cheap for high floors.. Maybe can wait lah...

But then again, it depends on what you are looking for.. Own stay or rental.. Probably have different considerations..

Latest caveat lodged at $697psf for a 1238 sq ft unit... Stack 07...

Cost $863K...

Think the last 6 units are all sold in Feb 09..

Quote Originally Posted by jtpy
    Hmmm... could the super strong negotiator be Bro Rocksteel??
    highly possible ... seems to have 'disappeared' fr this thread ...

Hi Bros,

Sorry I disappear for a while. Was outstationed for a few months and really busy. Glad that there are so many discussions on this project.

I am back now and will be going down doing up my sums for the final decision. Bro JTPY seem very keen on this project. MAybe we can tag team and get a better offer.

As I mentioned earlier, this will be for my own stay and also for my son potential school, either Maris Stella or ST Andrew.

I have a feel that the developer is still holding on to the price, but I understand the latest stats does not show any upswing in the economic and pte houses are going south. I may bid again soon.

I went to showflat yday and quite like the oasis concept.
    The biggest concern is on the location (industrial area)...and I m not familiar with east side esp Upp Paya Lebar. Doesnt seem have much amenities, can anyone share some light?

Also, the finishing was quite inferior compared to other projects. Living room doesnt come with marble flooring and the master bath finishing was too plain. But I like the dry kitchen concept.

Must stay very high floor (ie. > 13 floor) to have unblocked view?

Welcome back Bro Rocksteel...

For a moment, we thought the #15 flr 2+1 unit was taken by you..

Yes, I'm keen but is now cosnidering the bigger unit as my folks would probably be moving in with us to help take care of our little one.. With that and adding in the maid, I need at least a 3+1 or even a 4 now.. Maybe can consider the nice penthouses if the prices are really attractive!

As per last check, the 3+1 and 4 are not selling well and it seemed that I can hold on abit longer for them to relent further for these slow moving units before bidding....

Quote Originally Posted by summer
    I went to showflat yday and quite like the oasis concept.
    The biggest concern is on the location (industrial area)...and I m not familiar with east side esp Upp Paya Lebar. Doesnt seem have much amenities, can anyone share some light?

Also, the finishing was quite inferior compared to other projects. Living room doesnt come with marble flooring and the master bath finishing was too plain. But I like the dry kitchen concept.

Must stay very high floor (ie. > 13 floor) to have unblocked view?
    Bro (or Sis?), welcome to this discussion thread..

Bcos of my vested interest in the development, I've actually did quite a bit of research on it.. The development is actually not that East (as compared to the East Coast or even further developments).. It is only about 5-10mins drive to Toa Payoh. With the KPE just outside the development, you can literally go anywhere if you drive... PIE and CTE are actually not that far off.. Else the within walking distance Tai Seng MRT is just a few stops away from Bishan..

As for the finishing, I guess it depends a lot on individual judgement bah... I personally find it better finished than quite a number of developments that I've visited.. Perhaps you can share with us the developments that you think are better in terms of finishing?

On the view, I think any unit above 6th floor would be alright and have a clear frontage.. Directly in front of the development is a cluster of terrace houses which are at most 3 storeys high.. The only possible blockage is on stack 09 where the views of the lower floors (<10th flr) may be blocked by the 7/8 storey industrial building beside..

Just my 2 cents worth of inputs..

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteel
    Hi Bros,

Sorry I disappear for a while. Was outstationed for a few months and really busy. Glad that there are so many discussions on this project.

I am back now and will be going down doing up my sums for the final decision. Bro JTPY seem very keen on this project. MAybe we can tag team and get a better offer.

As I mentioned earlier, this will be for my own stay and also for my son potential school, either Maris Stella or ST Andrew.

I have a feel that the developer is still holding on to the price, but I understand the latest stats does not show any upswing in the economic and pte houses are going south. I may bid again soon.
    Bro, I think it is good time for you to drop by showroom to see if your desired choice units are still available... I think they sold quite a number of the smaller units in the last 2 months..