Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is scary !! You should read !!!

Duchess Residences (going to TOP)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Lumiere (TOP)
    One Shenton (going to TOP)
    The Clift (going to TOP)
    The Arte (TOP)
    Dakota Residences (TOP)
    Marina Bay Residences (TOP)
    M21 (TOP)
    Southbank (TOP)
    Casa Fortuna (going to TOP)
    St Thomas Suites (TOP)
    Soleil (going to TOP)
    Zedge (going to TOP)
    Trillium (going to TOP)
    Tribeca (TOP)
    Sky @ Eleven (TOP)
    The Linc (?? - The on along Newton Road) (going to TOP)
    City Vista (someone help me here - TOP?)
    The Marq (going to TOP) (but maybe this one is not relevant)
    Orchard ION
    Riverine
    One Amber
    Aalto
    Latitude

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

3 bedders for $3300? Even clementi 5 rm HDB flat and very old being rented for $2800 pm!
    Really sad that people can be cheated like that. The landlord's agent is supposed to advise their paying master (the landlord here) that $3300 is way below market rate, more cheapo than the HDB flats nearby! What to say when people want/willing to be cheated this way by not doing their homework? Can ask this landlord to sell me at $600 psf?

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621
    8000 units is for brand new TOP? How about those existing condo units in the market that are also ready for offer too? Recently my company just renewed our lease for a 3 bedder in Queens. Previously was $4,800 pm. This year we got it renewed at $3,300 only. All we need to do is to tell the landlord that we are looking for somewhere else and she immediately chop her price without us even securing a place elsewhere first! What happens next is history.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I remember that sometime in early 2007, there are a projected supply of >20,000 new units! Back then, analysts and newspapers are casting the doom and doom because of such big supply! What happened? What is >20,000 new units in a bull market? >30,000 new units also sup sup suai! Precisely because 20,000+ new units are too little, we see OCR prices hitting >$1200 psf and CCR prices hitting >$5000 psf!
    History repeating itself again except that usually the current high will be higher than previous high?

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    It is too hard to tell. Some think 5000 units TOP is a lot. But some think 5000 is under supply. You have to think about the demand factor. On average, it is 8000 units. But that is on average. Maybe recession 3000 units, boom 14,000 units. So no one can tell. I can only tell you STI is going up

I mean, look at the first post. Many agree. But what happened? Too hard to tell, too hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    3 bedders for $3300? Even clementi 5 rm HDB flat and very old being rented for $2800 pm!
    Really sad that people can be cheated like that. The landlord's agent is supposed to advise their paying master (the landlord here) that $3300 is way below market rate, more cheapo than the HDB flats nearby! What to say when people want/willing to be cheated this way by not doing their homework? Can ask this landlord to sell me at $600 psf?
    There was no agent involved until the deal was concluded. Maybe that is because we had rented from her for the last 5 years. Moreover my co is a Jap co and the expat managers really take pride in maintaining the house well so she probably just wana save on the trouble and simply renew with us with a rate that she is comfortable with. She was the one who proposed the rate; not us. Like I said, there was no agent involved at the nego stage. It was betw my HR and her. The agent (some jap middleman property agency) just come in at a later stage to get the paperwork done that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Btw serious Clementi 5 room can command 28? Wow! Thought of asking my parents to rent out their 4 room in Ave 4 area soon... I thought probably 2k max...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Your landlord/landlady is not very property savvy. Maybe the revised rent is still able to cover her mortgage (low interest) and other miscellaneous fees.
    Ya maybe lor. That's why I wondered what was her quantum when she bought at launch.

Anyway it's a decent 1300 sqft 3 bedder on the 5th floor. For 3.3, seriously I feel its a very good deal for my co. The other 2 condos we rented for our expats one is a studio in J.East Mayfair @ $2,200 pm and another studio at One Jervious @$3,xxx pm.

Any idea what was the launch PSF price for Queens? I reckoned that the lady feels that even at 3,300 pm she still got some yield this is much better than letting it be empty while waiting for the next fish to be baited.
    She can probably more than cover her instalment. I was under the impression a three bedder was sold about 800-900k.

But the point is she can easily get a tenant at 3800. Perhaps like you said, because she thinks the place is so well taken care of, she doesn't mind subletting it on the cheap.

my observation is that a lot of the units that are going to TOP are in CCR and sold during 2007 boom. some are too big to be rented out (hopefully the buyers didn't buy with that intention), so we won't know till all these come on stream.

in addition to AMK's Duchess Resi (btw AMK, do u know when exactly, they kept saying oct, now nov and now???),

DKSG, not sure which condo u referring to for newton road, no development called The Linc but Paterson Linc along Paterson road has also recently TOP indeed.

Cityvista has TOP, Latitude also, I saw a few units with people moved in already.

Riverine and One Amber has TOP for some time already.

Aalto i m not sure, someone else please confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Thats why I always advocate posting facts for discussion.

Recently, I noted a disturbing trend. There are really many many developments obtaining TOP within the last 6-9 mths AND there are many many more going to obtain TOP within the next 6-9 mths. The billion dollar question is : Will the rental market be able to support this increase ?

Below are just some developments I notice in the above category.

Please feel free to add (or delete if I am incorrect) :

Lumiere (TOP)
    One Shenton (going to TOP)
    The Clift (going to TOP)
    The Arte (TOP)
    Dakota Residences (TOP)
    Marina Bay Residences (TOP)
    M21 (TOP)
    Southbank (TOP)
    Casa Fortuna (going to TOP)
    St Thomas Suites (TOP)
    Soleil (going to TOP)
    Zedge (going to TOP)
    Trillium (going to TOP)
    Tribeca (TOP)
    Sky @ Eleven (TOP)
    The Linc (?? - The on along Newton Road) (going to TOP)
    City Vista (someone help me here - TOP?)
    The Marq (going to TOP) (but maybe this one is not relevant)
    Orchard ION
    Riverine
    One Amber
    Aalto
    Latitude

I guess there are people here more familiar with the market and can double this list ?

For our factual discussion,
    DKSG

Better clitch a 2-year rental for those developments TOP recently.

not sure if relevant but we forgot about sentosa condos:

Oceanfront (TOP)
    Turquoise (going to TOP)

Some others in CCR:

Belle Vue (TOP)
    The Orchard Residences (going to TOP)
    Ardmore II (TOP)
    Waterford (TOP)
    Paterson Suites (TOP)
    Skypark (TOP)
    8 Rodyk (going to TOP)
    Riveria Gardens (TOP)
    8 Napier (TOP)
    Sui Generis (TOP)
    Wilkie Studio (going to TOP? anyone can confirm?)
    Parkview Eclat (going to TOP but same grade as Marq)
    Rhapsody on Mount Elizabeth (TOP)
    Orchard View (TOP)
    18 Shelford (going to TOP)
    8 Nassim Hill (TOP)

anyone knows the progress of some MM in CCR ie:

Parc Sophia?
    Mount Sophia Suites?
    Wilkie 80?

In RCR:

Cascadia (going to TOP)
    The Rochester (going to TOP)
    Seafront (TOP)

someone else more familiar continue.

So many dev TOP-ed yet like no one move in. Sometimes I wonder if people buy them just to leave it there for appreciation.

some foreigners do buy them as holiday home, as a hedge if things got unstable back home. The exact number however would be hard to verify. An example is Cairnhill Crest, lots of units aren't lit at night, yet, throughout the crisis, the prices didn't really drop much. It was on my radar for a while.

I've seen some others buying with cash and waiting for the golden goose tenant to come along.

8000 units is for brand new TOP? How about those existing condo units in the market that are also ready for offer too? Recently my company just renewed our lease for a 3 bedder in Queens. Previously was $4,800 pm. This year we got it renewed at $3,300 only. All we need to do is to tell the landlord that we are looking for somewhere else and she immediately chop her price without us even securing a place elsewhere first! What happens next is history.
    3.3k nia!!!!!!!!! pinnacle @ duxton 4rm flat oredi going for 3.5k!!!(approved) haha

other 3bedders in queens r asking 5k....u got big big durian!!!!

close both eyes also can fetch 4k....dun even nid agent!!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    3.3k nia!!!!!!!!! pinnacle @ duxton 4rm flat oredi going for 3.5k!!!(approved) haha

other 3bedders in queens r asking 5k....u got big big durian!!!!

close both eyes also can fetch 4k....dun even nid agent!!! hahaha
    pinnacle 4 rm 3.5k? that's the rent for suburban condos with security and full facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    not sure if relevant but we forgot about sentosa condos:

Oceanfront (TOP)
    Turquoise (going to TOP)

Some others in CCR:

Belle Vue (TOP)
    The Orchard Residences (going to TOP)
    Ardmore II (TOP)
    Waterford (TOP)
    Paterson Suites (TOP)
    Skypark (TOP)
    8 Rodyk (going to TOP)
    Riveria Gardens (TOP)
    8 Napier (TOP)
    Sui Generis (TOP)
    Wilkie Studio (going to TOP? anyone can confirm?)
    Parkview Eclat (going to TOP but same grade as Marq)
    Rhapsody on Mount Elizabeth (TOP)
    Orchard View (TOP)
    18 Shelford (going to TOP)
    8 Nassim Hill (TOP)

anyone knows the progress of some MM in CCR ie:

Parc Sophia?
    Mount Sophia Suites?
    Wilkie 80?

In RCR:

Cascadia (going to TOP)
    The Rochester (going to TOP)
    Seafront (TOP)

someone else more familiar continue.
    bro, looks like u r gunning for bargains in CCR....so far any shaky sellers?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    pinnacle 4 rm 3.5k? that's the rent for suburban condos with security and full facilities.
    and it was snapped up within a nite....hahaha
    partly bcoz it was brand new....dun ask me how i noe

that hot huh.

i'm starting to think with the recent spate of incidents, the rental premium of a condo with security over HDB should pick up.

that hot huh.

i'm starting to think with the recent spate of incidents, the rental premium of a condo with security over HDB should pick up.
    to me pinnacle 3.5k its ok...condos in tat area easily cost 6k for a 3bedder and condition may not be as good

6k is pretty ex for that congested area, for 2k more, you can probably go for sentosa seaside living.

too early lah bro. all these are from my database and/or i jog past and see for myself, me not targeting them. rental cannot support and big commitment for even a 2 bedder unit, for now cannot target lah, i m not rich, can buy and leave empty type.

bro, looks like u r gunning for bargains in CCR....so far any shaky sellers?

that hot huh.

yes, HDB is not entirely safe. more crimes and more bad neighbors.

all the murders, slashing, and glue sniffing, and cigarette smoking by poly students. all have happened at HDB. not be mention the incident where kids were ordered to run laps by their cruel dad.

Sure or not? 40+floor? I knoe 5rm is asking for 3K+

with so many units, i won't be surprised that some units at pinnacle can be rented out at a huge premium. but one unit doesn't make a market. yah. there are 5 rooms asking for less than what that 4rm was rented out for indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Sure or not? 40+floor? I knoe 5rm is asking for 3K+