Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Price Watch

So how are the prices look like for the start of Q2? Just want your thoughts

For the Telok Kurau Jalans, how much lower psf can it go?=
    Latest I checked is low - mid 6xx psf for FH

Quote Originally Posted by sevol
    So how are the prices look like for the start of Q2? Just want your thoughts

For the Telok Kurau Jalans, how much lower psf can it go?=
    Latest I checked is low - mid 6xx psf for FH
    I think for Telok Kurau area, it can vary a bit in terms of psf cos its spread across a big area. It depends on which lorong, whether near park connector or mrt, situated at the end or in the middle of the lorong etc...

autonomy

what you say makes sense

i think as the lorongs can go deep in, i am only looking prices of apts or condos next or one condo away from park connector

middle telok kurau lorongs eg L, M, N do you think i can get a FH unit for 6xx-7xx psf?

i am looking for my in-law, she prefers small devt because she doesn't like one big village 100s of units type of devt

wondering should i go in now or wait for year end

on the website i saw a 2000sqf unit lodged at 629psf she cannot afford 2000sqft but a 1500+ one will do since she is a widow but i realise smaller units have higher PSFs

autonomy

what you say makes sense

i think as the lorongs can go deep in, i am only looking prices of apts or condos next or one condo away from park connector

middle telok kurau lorongs eg L, M, N do you think i can get a FH unit for 6xx-7xx psf?

i am looking for my in-law, she prefers small devt because she doesn't like one big village 100s of units type of devt

wondering should i go in now or wait for year end

on the website i saw a 2000sqf unit lodged at 629psf she cannot afford 2000sqft but a 1500+ one will do since she is a widow but i realise smaller units have higher PSFs
    For those lorongs that u mentioned, should be able to get those prices that u stated. But usually those that are near to park connector might fetch a slightly higher premium then those in the middle.

Does she has any concerns with regards to public transportation? I think lorong G and H are better cos they are within walking distance to the mrt(around 400m along the park connector)

And yes, smaller units definitely commands higher psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy
    For those lorongs that u mentioned, should be able to get those prices that u stated. But usually those that are near to park connector might fetch a slightly higher premium then those in the middle.

Does she has any concerns with regards to public transportation? I think lorong G and H are better cos they are within walking distance to the mrt(around 400m along the park connector)

And yes, smaller units definitely commands higher psf.
    thanks for the info

she is not a driver so will take the mrt and taxi. i will look into G and H, thanks.
    i am not familiar with the park connector, does it lead direct to MRT or does it stop at some big road crossing/junction?

So I guess if I want low 6xx in this current market, must go for bigger units ie >2000sqf?

Wonder which is a better deal, bigger with lower psf or smaller with higher psf. Very hard to help an elderly relative to buy

thanks for the info

she is not a driver so will take the mrt and taxi. i will look into G and H, thanks.
    i am not familiar with the park connector, does it lead direct to MRT or does it stop at some big road crossing/junction?

So I guess if I want low 6xx in this current market, must go for bigger units ie >2000sqf?

Wonder which is a better deal, bigger with lower psf or smaller with higher psf. Very hard to help an elderly relative to buy
    The park connector leads directly to the mrt. Just need to cross two roads... Changi road and sims ave east. No major junctions and roads have traffic lights so should be no problem for elderly.

Also its a straight, direct and flat terrain via park connector to the mrt. The other end of the park connector is the east coast park. So it depends on which lorong u wanna be at. Its either nearer to mrt or nearer to east coast park.

As for buying a bigger or smaller unit, it depends on her needs and budget. If there are not too many staying then no point going for bigger units. Even though psf is lower, the quantum is higher... unless of cos got money to burn then its a different story

The park connector leads directly to the mrt. Just need to cross two roads... Changi road and sims ave east. No major junctions and roads have traffic lights so should be no problem for elderly.

Also its a straight, direct and flat terrain via park connector to the mrt. The other end of the park connector is the east coast park. So it depends on which lorong u wanna be at. Its either nearer to mrt or nearer to east coast park.

As for buying a bigger or smaller unit, it depends on her needs and budget. If there are not too many staying then no point going for bigger units. Even though psf is lower, the quantum is higher... unless of cos got money to burn then its a different story
    Autonomy thank you very much! Your posts have been extremely helpful

No money to burn, she is just a simple widow on sufficiently comfortable budget, nothing too extravagant Will let her about what your said re the park connector, she should be very happy with it.

Autonomy thank you very much! Your posts have been extremely helpful

No money to burn, she is just a simple widow on sufficiently comfortable budget, nothing too extravagant Will let her about what your said re the park connector, she should be very happy with it.
    No worries... one added advantage is the telok kurau park located at the park connector near lorong h if she prefers the greeneries. But I think the psf will be slightly higher for these areas.
    Last edited by Autonomy; 20-04-09 at 21:58.

I think there are still some left over units from Verte which is just directly in front of Telok kurau Park and just sitting beside the park connector. Was interested in the project for quite a while a few months ago so did walk from the MRT to and fro quite a couple of time and did time those walk. All in all, Autonomy said, its very easy to walk as its a straight road.

the timimg is around 10 mins (leisure walk, and jay walk a bit when the coast is clear at the traffic lights).

Must say I quite enjoy the walk as there is gentle breeze from the sea and birds chirping along the river (lokang).

the developer is Roxy Homes, and would say the furnishing is not fantastic but do believe they have smaller units of around 1500psf that you mention.

Happy searching

to get big unit with lower psf or a small unit with higher psf, I think mre importantly u shud look at the needs of the person living there. If it is an old widow (probably with some common ailments like rheumatism or arthritis) i do not see any good for her to live in a huge unit or units with stairs unless there are many people living undr 1 roof. If buying for investment, a 2bdrm unit or studio type aptment is advisable coz they are easier to offload or rent when looking at absolute quantum.

autonomy, blackswan, franzmark thanks for your helpful comments

Sorry so many questions.

Will prices drop even further for these lorongs? I am not sure, hear some people say it will drop more but to expect the prices to go to low 5xx seem quite impossible for new devts.

Sorry so many questions.

Will prices drop even further for these lorongs? I am not sure, hear some people say it will drop more but to expect the prices to go to low 5xx seem quite impossible for new devts.
    That's something no one can predict, not even the experts. But by studying the trend, it has indeed drop in the past few months. Whether is it the lowest point no one knows.

But for new developments to drop to low 5xx and at the better situated blocks and lorongs, I think will meet quite a big resistance cos 99 years leasehold developments in suburb already selling at 6xx.

But my own opinion is if you are buying for own stay, then finding a place that you really like and as long as you are not buying at the peak or at the high side, then its ok. Cos even when it drops further, you might not be able to get the place that u wanted cos its sold or the owner refused to sell cos the prices are too low, unless fire sales or some other cases...

I think what is important is to do financial planning to see if you can afford comfortably and not to over stretch and over commit.
    Last edited by Autonomy; 21-04-09 at 11:29.

dun know about the rest but for Verte, luckily aku never buy last year Oct or so as the price the still around 800+, recently relaunch and price at 600+ and still nego!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    dun know about the rest but for Verte, luckily aku never buy last year Oct or so as the price the still around 800+, recently relaunch and price at 600+ and still nego!!!
    600+? For the bigger penthouse units? That's quite a good price. Cos based on caveat lodged, the lowest reflected was 767.

By the way when did they relaunch? Cos I thought they tore down the show flat?

Actually i did a search, and I think the 6xx is for the biggest unit which is 2754 sq ft. The rest of it are still in the 7xx region.

Cos even when it drops further, you might not be able to get the place that u wanted cos its sold or the owner refused to sell cos the prices are too low
    Agree. It is either grab the unit now if she likes it a lot or wait for possibly lower psf but then she may have to settle with a unit she does not like as much

blackswan Will you bite if Verte goes to low 600s for bigger units? Sounds good to me when you compare it with the past transactions. Then again maybe can wait a bit longer unless it is your dream unit

no cos its just beside the park conector and the lonkang which i stronglt believe will bred mosqitoes in humid temp.

But beed bros and sis staying somewhere around there to confirm. like those staying in The Treeline.

Quote Originally Posted by blackswan
    no cos its just beside the park conector and the lonkang which i stronglt believe will bred mosqitoes in humid temp.

But beed bros and sis staying somewhere around there to confirm. like those staying in The Treeline.
    anyone staying around that area confirm if got mosquito problem?

i stayed near a big longkang once, but no mosquito problem. maybe because i was on a high floor. 5 floor and lower i have no idea.

good point. anyone staying around that area confirm if got mosquito problem?
    My advice is for you to go down personally and if you can bring her along. See if she likes the area, the surroundings, whether she thinks the distance to the mrt is ok and at the same time you can check the mosquito breeding problem. Looking for the right property invloves a lot of leg work.

I have been there a couple of times walking along the canal and also stayed in telok kurau park, but I had never encounter mosquito bites. But as I am not staying there, I think others are more in a position to advise you on that.

I went to the area 3 times, visited 4 Lorongs. Didn't have time to walk to the MRT but went a little way up. I don't see the walk to the MRT as a problem. Good for the elderly who are still fit and see walking as exercise.

During the times I visited that area, can't tell if there is a mosquito problem since all 3 times were in the day. Maybe I should just stand still there for 30 mins at night and see if anything bites

I went to the area 3 times, visited 4 Lorongs. Didn't have time to walk to the MRT but went a little way up. I don't see the walk to the MRT as a problem. Good for the elderly who are still fit and see walking as exercise.

During the times I visited that area, can't tell if there is a mosquito problem since all 3 times were in the day. Maybe I should just stand still there for 30 mins at night and see if anything bites
    Haha use yourelf as a bait to see if the mosquitoes will bite... that's an idea.

went there late at night over the weekend..no mosquito bites

went there late at night over the weekend..no mosquito bites
    Was there over the weekends also cause I frequently cycle past there doing the Tour Of Eastern Park Connector haha...

well if you see some idiot standing still, that was me

it is a very nice area...

well if you see some idiot standing still, that was me

it is a very nice area...
    If you like that area, then u should start doing more research and see if there are any developments that u like and fit your budget. Sometimes buying is an emotional thing...

Heard from a friend that there's a unit in TK. Next to the connector.

Asking for 720psf, pte lift, pte lap pool. Size I can't remember, maybe 2000sqf? TOP in two years time.

Good deal? Let's say when economy recovers, how much do you think such a unit will cost?

Heard from a friend that there's a unit in TK. Next to the connector.

Asking for 720psf, pte lift, pte lap pool. Size I can't remember, maybe 2000sqf? TOP in two years time.

Good deal? Let's say when economy recovers, how much do you think such a unit will cost?
    Are you looking at it for own stay or for pure investment purposes? Cos whether good deal or not depends on what u looking for.

If its for own stay, then as long as u found the place that u really like and can give you the kind of lifestyle that u also wanted and dream of, then of cos its good deal.

But if its for investment then who knows? Most people will ask you to look at D1, D9-11, and you will need to do lots of research.

just wondering if it is a good deal at this time. i'm just checking prices all around. anyway this particular unit is beyond my budget

just wondering if it is a good deal at this time. i'm just checking prices all around. anyway this particular unit is beyond my budget
    800K for a 3 bed room condo at East Coast