Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Price Watch

By the way, how is Cote d'Azur ?? Seems the location and price are better than many others leh....

Quote Originally Posted by VIPCLUB2004
    By the way, how is Cote d'Azur ?? Seems the location and price are better than many others leh....
    Well, it has a very good location and it's one of the newer condos along the marine parade stretch. I remember a time when people were complaining about the residents hanging their laundry in the balconies for all the ECP users to see etc. But guess the location trumps everything, PP's convenience and the Katong eateries. Guess my only qualm is that the development looks slightly crowded with its blocks, wont really know if it's true as I havent been inside though, so I might be wrong. But the asking price now is close to 800psf right, and it's LH as well... hmmm...

Just my 2 cents worth.

Anyway, just wanna ask you guys, what do you think is a fair psf for a 3BR at Bayshore Park, I would say the 550-600 range considering it's age and all, your inputs?

Quote Originally Posted by lbb
    Anyway, just wanna ask you guys, what do you think is a fair psf for a 3BR at Bayshore Park, I would say the 550-600 range considering it's age and all, your inputs?
    550-600psf is reasonable considering it's LH. I like its location too. But I'm sure sellers and their agents will tell you even Mandarin Gardens can command a higher psf. You just have to firm.

Well, it has a very good location and it's one of the newer condos along the marine parade stretch. I remember a time when people were complaining about the residents hanging their laundry in the balconies for all the ECP users to see etc. But guess the location trumps everything, PP's convenience and the Katong eateries. Guess my only qualm is that the development looks slightly crowded with its blocks, wont really know if it's true as I havent been inside though, so I might be wrong. But the asking price now is close to 800psf right, and it's LH as well... hmmm...

Just my 2 cents worth.

even at 650psf, it is still reasonable if you really like that unit and when market sentiment is good. If it is for investment, then there is quite a few units on sales. so you may find better bargain at <600psf.

Bayshore park is a good bet due to its very affordable price now, good location and enbloc potential, even though it is LH... this enbloc element will boost up your property price during the upswing (maybe 10 yrs later).

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    even at 650psf, it is still reasonable if you really like that unit and when market sentiment is good. If it is for investment, then there is quite a few units on sales. so you may find better bargain at <600psf.

Bayshore park is a good bet due to its very affordable price now, good location and enbloc potential, even though it is LH... this enbloc element will boost up your property price during the upswing (maybe 10 yrs later).
    Hmmm, I've been looking around but haven't found any unit <600psf man. I would seriously consider the sale if I find a 3br that is sold at that price. Hmmmm, not actually looking so far as to en bloc potential, but rather it's the kind of lifestyle, the big grounds and location that BP offers. It's tucked into that big ground at the end of Bayshore Road, prefer that compared to MG which is sandwhiched between the ECP and a road. MG has sweeping views due to it's rectangular land shape though, guess that's a good point about it. I'll get back on my BP hunt, if I find a 3Br <600psf, I'm gonna chiong. Haha, thanks guys.. any lobangs! =P

I think the supporters of a bull run in the property market have won this round.

Everything is now so over priced, and agents are as yaya as ever. I say to agents...enjoy your time.....

Looks like a bear supporter like me will now retreat into the shadows.....

It a crazy world...bank cannot match valuation but sellers just up their prices 20-30 psf every week. Anyway economists have adjusted their U shaped recovery to a W shaped one. I wonder if this goes on what other letter can they use?

Anyway for those who listen to advice that says dun miss the boat, lemme just say this, for every up...there is a down. I will wait for the downward sloping part of the W recovery.

And for new readers on this site, please try to listen to good advice from seasoned investors (i.e. gfoo or property_investor or proud owner) and less from newbies in the private property market who just bought DBR thinking they strike gold buying cemetary leasehold land at 675 psf or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean.G
    I think the supporters of a bull run in the property market have won this round.

Everything is now so over priced, and agents are as yaya as ever. I say to agents...enjoy your time.....

It a crazy world...bank cannot match valuation but sellers just up their prices 20-30 psf every week. Anyway economists have adjusted their U shaped recovery to a W shaped one. I wonder if this goes on what other letter can they use?

Anyway for those who listen to advice that says dun miss the boat, lemme just say this, for every up...there is a down. I will wait for the downward sloping part of the W recovery.

And for new readers on this site, please try to listen to good advice from seasoned investors (i.e. gfoo or property_investor or proud owner) and less from newbies in the private property market who just bought DBR thinking they strike gold buying cemetary leasehold land at 675 psf or higher.
    Hey Pal, in any circumstances there would be analysts on both sides of the coin. Goldman, BOAML, DMG, DBS, etc are bulls, Nomura & Citi are bears. Either way, the analysts still keep their jobs, becos they can always revise their forecast. As someone has mentioned in this forum, ultimately listen to yourself to decide, do your research n not rely only on advice from whoever. It is your $$ n you have to face the consequences.

Agents yaya? Thought many have quit. The recent sales boom are mostly developer sales, and agents doing these collect only a small fraction of commission only. And sellers asking higher prices may not be music to agents, cos the higher they ask, the more buyers they scare away.

I'm a potential buyer.

Hi pal, actually will it be W-shaped anot oso nobody knows mah ...

Not sure if DBR used to be cemetery or watever ... but if some pp like to buy that's really their biz .... likewise if they really think abt striking gold or din think at all ..

Quote Originally Posted by firec
    Agents yaya? Thought many have quit. The recent sales boom are mostly developer sales, and agents doing these collect only a small fraction of commission only. And sellers asking higher prices may not be music to agents, cos the higher they ask, the more buyers they scare away.
    Called an agent 2 weeks ago to enquire about a re-sale apartment and her first question was "Do you have enough budget?".

Sellers are asking for 120K-200K above bank valuation. I'm only hoping that it's beacuse they're dreaming.

Default New home sales surge in May

IMPROVED market sentiment sent sales of new private homes surging to 1,668 units in May.
    This is way above already-strong developer sales levels of 1,214 units in April and 1,220 units in March.

Last month, developers launched 1,161 new homes, up from 1,085 in April, according to data released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority on Monday.

The best-selling project in May was Martin Place Residences in Kim Yam Road. Frasers Centrepoint sold 186 units of the 302-unit project at a median price of $1,423 per sq ft

Other popular projects in May include The Wharf Residence in Tong Watt Road and The Arte in Jalan Datoh.

Buyers picked up 140 units of The Wharf Residence at a median price of $1,186 psf and units of The Arte at a median price of $933 psf.

Attractive price cuts - from peak levels - had boosted demand for new homes recently.

1) I used to stay at sunbird road, the housing estate behind the DBR site is. The DBR plot used to b a cemetary, so is simei green plot as well.

2) Been negotiating with agents for the past few months, highlighted that 6 out of 6 banks cannot match valuation of what the sellers are asking for. Agnet tell me "No money then dun buy, are you a serious buyer?" Which makes sense but if you dun call that being yaya, i dunno what is yaya.

3) Been looking up and down whole of D15 and D16, prices just keep going up and up. Asked about a few resale units, all sold within one month. or at least that's what the agents tell me.

Hence i conclude that agents ARE being yaya now, and there ARE increased transactions in the resale pty mkt.

You are a damn good example of the 3rd generation sour grapes. Salute salute 2007 did you buy? 2008 did you buy? 2009 will you buy? Can't get anything then blame the whole world but yourself!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Bayshore Pk? This price can buy. en-bloc? Matter of when. Just need some money on renovation. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by VIPCLUB2004

the only set back for this is next to ECP (road noise), LH.

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    You are a damn good example of the 3rd generation sour grapes. Salute salute 2007 did you buy? 2008 did you buy? 2009 will you buy? Can't get anything then blame the whole world but yourself!
    2005 (The Sail), 2007(The Belvedere), 2008(Tribeca). In any case, what makes you so sure i am 3rd generation? You mean from my post you can know so much abt me?

Anyway there is no sour or sweet grapes. I am just putting across that i no longer think its a good time to buy as the pty mkt now is bullish. Are you chinese educated and don't understand english? Maybe i can give you some tuition on how to read posts...

You can wait but time is money, In the mean time we are enjoying our new home You can wait at the bus stop and the the sloping part may come few years later ... Ha ha I enjoy the nice sea view and pool for the next few years while you can wait ...

1) I used to stay at sunbird road, the housing estate behind the DBR site is. The DBR plot used to b a cemetary, so is simei green plot as well.

2) Been negotiating with agents for the past few months, highlighted that 6 out of 6 banks cannot match valuation of what the sellers are asking for. Agnet tell me "No money then dun buy, are you a serious buyer?" Which makes sense but if you dun call that being yaya, i dunno what is yaya.

3) Been looking up and down whole of D15 and D16, prices just keep going up and up. Asked about a few resale units, all sold within one month. or at least that's what the agents tell me.

Hence i conclude that agents ARE being yaya now, and there ARE increased transactions in the resale pty mkt.
    Actually, it's the comfort level you can afford, buy if the price quoted is within your affordability range. Why bother how much each property is costing now or next time.. like that, you can never get that dream house of yours..you'll be like a dog chasing it's own tail.. always going round in a circle.

I met one uncle at Simei, he owns 3 Simei properties, one landed at Sunbird, one Simei Green EC rented out, now another penthouse in DBR all within 200m radius. He told me last time he stayed at 4room HDB at Simei, then he upgraded to Simei Green EC, then he bought landed property. He just bought within his means. If it is affordable and you like the project, not buying at a peak of property bubble, then just go ahead and buy.

If you feel agents are yaya towards you, then dont deal with them. There are so many adv by owner themself. Why dun call them up and nego with them.

Btw just to share. I had call a owner before to ask about her unit. I asked her the price to sell, then asked if can nego or not. Guess what! That lady told me price is net, no money dun buy. Next time if i call her either a willing buyer will buy before me or she will sell higher.

Agents? Agree there are bad agents around. But i'm sure there are good ones too. Just need to do some homework.

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    Actually, it's the comfort level you can afford, buy if the price quoted is within your affordability range. Why bother how much each property is costing now or next time.. like that, you can never get that dream house of yours..you'll be like a dog chasing it's own tail.. always going round in a circle.
    Agreed. Its really difficult to time the bottom. 2 mths back, people would say wait cos prices will come down further. Now people would say prices rises already, wait for the next price down as the prices is 'W' shape. When the next downturn comes, people would say wait longer as the prices would come down further. Once the prices goes up, they would say, wait for the next downturn. This would just goes on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by wqmai
    Agreed. Its really difficult to time the bottom. 2 mths back, people would say wait cos prices will come down further. Now people would say prices rises already, wait for the next price down as the prices is 'W' shape. When the next downturn comes, people would say wait longer as the prices would come down further. Once the prices goes up, they would say, wait for the next downturn. This would just goes on forever.
    Haha...These pple would never buy one lah... Talk a lot but wanting to buy Condo at HDB px

Quote Originally Posted by wqmai
    Really no point keep on waiting. the price will never come back to the last cycle's lowest price. as long as you can afford, and most important, you like, then buy lah.

I missed 2006 boat, only bought one for investment, but haven't found an idea one for own stay yet, the price suddenly all shot up on 2007. no choice lah, gonna to wait. stay in current place loh.

So this time, I don't mind to pay early 07 price to buy an idea house for own stay. life so short, don't want to wait long long liao, enjoy first.

using kopitiam food as an analogy;

15 yrs ago.. prices of chicken rice, wanton mee all cost abt $1.50..
    10 yrs ago.. same products cost average $2.00
    nowadays.. they cost between $2.50 to $3.50..

Of course we all hope to pay $1.50 for char kwey tiao.. But if everyone wants to sell at $2.50, what to do? Do you scold the hawker.. say he yaya kelapar??

You can wait quietly by the coconut tree and snigger at all that you'll buy only when it's $1.50.. Thing is.. life goes on.. people will still buy at $2.50.. and they will enjoy the hot plate of char kwey tiao.. and maybe finish up with a nice cool glass of chin chow..

And all this time, you're still by the coconut tree..

Of course we all hope to pay $1.50 for char kwey tiao.. But if everyone wants to sell at $2.50, what to do? Do you scold the hawker.. say he yaya kelapar??

You can wait quietly by the coconut tree and snigger at all that you'll buy only when it's $1.50.. Thing is.. life goes on.. people will still buy at $2.50.. and they will enjoy the hot plate of char kwey tiao.. and maybe finish up with a nice cool glass of chin chow..

Some shrink in size/quantity over the years yet price goes up.

I like that analysis man!

So you bought some unit already?

Haha, can I buy you a beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Property_Owner
    Bayshore Pk? This price can buy. en-bloc? Matter of when. Just need some money on renovation. Cheers
    Haha, hey yeah... still scouting around, but with the recent surge in sentiments, the price range I quoted still seems pretty impossible to find. But yeah, I'm ready to renovate the place, afterall, if ever it en-bloc-s, I believe it'll be during the next cycle which is about 7-10 years away.

So the search goes on... though I've also considered Casa Merah, but that one also prices increasing on a weekly basis. Made a mistake not to look at it earlier, but hey... we'll hope and see what comes!

Thanks for the reply mate.

Parc SeaBreeze Price list

I have got the info from HSR agent. The price are as follows:

2nd to 13th floor
    Stack 1 $1210 to 1410 psf 1593/1615sq ft
    Stack 2 $1250 to 1450psf 1356/1378sq ft
    Stack 3 $1180 to 1370psf 1356/1378 sq ft
    Stack 4 $1170 to 1350psf 1593/1615 sq ft

5th to 13th floor
    Stack 5 $1020 to 1100 psf 1292 sq ft
    Stack 6 $1050 to 1160psf 1292 sq ft

15th to 18th floor
    Stack 1 $1450 to 1510psf 1593/1615 sq ft
    Stack 2 $1490 to 1550psf 1356/1378 sq ft
    Stack 3 $1390 to 1450psf 1356/1378 sq ft
    Stack 4 $1370 to 1430psf 1593/1615 sq ft

Penthouse 19th floor
    Stack 1 $1530psf 3035 q ft
    Stack 3 $1470psf 3035 sq ft
    Stack 5 $1215psf 2562 sq ft
    Stack 6 $1245psf $2562 sq ft

Please add 3% if client going for interest absorption option.
    Due to overwhelming response, to have the above pricing please have it confirmed by latest today.
    After which the price will be revised.

Wunder hows the parc seabreeze sales doing? briskly good?