View Poll Results: What is your trigger price point for One Amber / Esta? ($OApsf/$ESTApsf)

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • $900/$1000

12 8.51%
  • $800/$900

8 5.67%
  • $700/$800

19 13.48%
  • $600/$700

52 36.88%
  • $500/$600

31 21.99%
  • Won't even consider in 2009/2010. will wait till end 2010/2011

19 13.48%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your trigger price for OA/Esta?

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    lol. maybe i should start a collective. each one ante up $1m, we use 10000 sq ft to go build 10 apartments of 2000sqft each, the rest we build a really large swimming pool and gym on the remainder 10000sqft (1.4 plot ratio)

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...or-park-estate
    expert:

So where is the BEST & NEW FH Condo in singapore that fit my budget of $750K, with unit size 1100sft+ with 3rms???

Thumbs up

lol. maybe i should start a collective. each one ante up $1m, we use 10000 sq ft to go build 10 apartments of 2000sqft each, the rest we build a really large swimming pool and gym on the remainder 10000sqft (1.4 plot ratio)

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...or-park-estate

dun forget to factor in the dc charges, construction cost, etc... these are the things that were absent in your psf or ppr calculation when you were making comparison on the enbloc price by developer and new launch prices... actually enbloc and developing is not a simple task.. gfa to be considered, set backs, land survey, cost of admin, ura admin charges etc...

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    expert:

So where is the BEST & NEW FH Condo in singapore that fit my budget of $750K, with unit size 1100sft+ with 3rms???
    lol i am not an expert, petmail is.

since you are waiting till 4Q, i would say one amber. all private all around, no hdb flats. much cleaner air than the west (except for haze season)

Thumbs up

expert:

buy the walk up unit i am marketing currently as its @ pretty good price.. 1916sqft... haha..

Pet

Thumbs up

since you are waiting till 4Q, i would say one amber. all private all around, no hdb flats. much cleaner air than the west (except for haze season)

no lah.. am still green in the industry leh.. still plenty of rooms for improvement.. hehe!!

Pet

Yes, I like one amber & the Esta too... but not sure the price can fall into my budget or not. hope so by year end.

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    buy the walk up unit i am marketing currently as its @ pretty good price.. 1916sqft... haha..

Pet
    Pet:

are you an agent? what are you marketing? got lobang?

Pet:

are you an agent? what are you marketing? got lobang?

I am.. drop me a call @ 82818888 when you are free.. so free that my consultation also free... hehe...

Pet

personally, i think the current asking of $5xxpsf for west coast area is not too bad, better still if can get mid to high $4XX. the only issue i have is that there is only 1 road leading to infiniti and the others, so might get v v jammed up. try not to get anything facing the highway, v v noisy dey

case in point, i would rather get infiniti at $5xx than caspian at $5xx

if you gonna wait till 4Q, then start shopping in 3Q, not now. price might be quite far from today's prices, which i think are still high, but more manageable
    What I don't understand about that area is the price differences between the different projects. Infiniti is the cheapest at $500+/sq ft but Botannia and Carabelle are about $100 more. Anybody can advice?

I dont understand one thing...

how come the 99 LH The QUARTZ is still selling at high price???

you're not the only one. i also don't understand.

even in d15, one amber is $800psf and aalto is $2200psf, and they are 300m apart from each other separated by a road.

there's a cost for everything.. location plays an important thing as well... but of course lastly will be the developer's asking..

Pet

I am.. drop me a call @ 82818888 when you are free.. so free that my consultation also free... hehe...

Pet
    ok, will call you during 3Q, lol.... very seriously in buying to stay and will get one by year end no matter what is the price range during that time.

so you remember my budget is $750k or less. lol... only consider New + FH condo. either west or east cost area.

ok, will call you during 3Q, lol.... very seriously in buying to stay and will get one by year end no matter what is the price range during that time.

so you remember my budget is $750k or less. lol... only consider New + FH condo. either west or east cost area.

*SIAM* lolz

Pet

if i were you, do some research and expand your horizon to 1-2 year old properties, not necessarily new. condos launched in 2004/2005 and completed 2007/8 are much more flexible price wise than those launched 2006/2007.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ps16
    What I don't understand about that area is the price differences between the different projects. Infiniti is the cheapest at $500+/sq ft but Botannia and Carabelle are about $100 more. Anybody can advice?

cos its right beside AYE which is pretty close...

Pet

if i were you, do some research and expand your horizon to 1-2 year old properties, not necessarily new. condos launched in 2004/2005 and completed 2007/8 are much more flexible price wise than those launched 2006/2007.
    ok, noted

so far i only look see look see those property website, and some time visit show flat or go see with agent... felt like some agent know nothing... need to get some experienced agents. lol.

Thumbs up

when you call me you need to remind me okie? cos I old man memory not too good.. I scare I remember wrongly kena scold by you... Lolz

Pet

Thumbs up

ok, noted

so far i only look see look see those property website, and some time visit show flat or go see with agent... felt like some agent know nothing... need to get some experienced agents. lol.

then like that I lagi not qualify liao... cos I still green bird...

Pet

cos its right beside AYE which is pretty close...

Pet
    But Carabelle is also next to AYE....anyway, I appreciate your advice and will not talk too much on this since this is not the correct thread to discuss a D5 property.

when you call me you need to remind me okie? cos I old man memory not too good.. I scare I remember wrongly kena scold by you... Lolz

Pet
    don't worry, can always meet on this forum... let me know if got good deal... now still don't want to engage agent... coz every time ask them bring me look see condo, but at the end couldn't offer good price... very pai seh la... like wasting their time... but will be very serious when come to 3Q/4Q. coz need to reno and move in by mid-2010. lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ps16
    But Carabelle is also next to AYE....anyway, I appreciate your advice and will not talk too much on this since this is not the correct thread to discuss a D5 property.
    its okie... comparing the site layout, infiniti has got more exposure facing towards the AYE rather than carabelle. most of their living rooms are facing AYE & pools... by the way, this is just my two cents opinion.. it could be developer's own decision though...

Pet

Thumbs up

don't worry, can always meet on this forum... let me know if got good deal... now still don't want to engage agent... coz every time ask them bring me look see condo, but at the end couldn't offer good price... very pai seh la... like wasting their time... but will be very serious when come to 3Q/4Q. coz need to reno and move in by mid-2010. lol

by the way, I am in the midst of some cheque collection from my clients who are very keen to make offer for the tanjong rhu units... those who are keen can just drop me a line.. once i collect enough cheques will do a presentation altogether to submit to developer for acceptance.

Pet

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I agree with gfoo, there is no reason to buy a 99yr old when there's an abundance of FH and 999 around. Unless of course , you are talking about prime location where there is always developers wanting to enbloc to take advantage of the next cycle.

But Jurong? ..uh.. too much space there ...

Anyway, I went down east coast today..
    Wow.. I must say Esta looks pretty good but the downside is imagine the crowd when they all moved in.. *Gulp*.. toO BAD most of the view will be blocked by future silversea and aristo.

Anyway, most of the price the agent show me today was $800+ .. Only left a 3000+ PH and that was quoted at $1000???
    Esta is not a project abt having sea view. Pls choose projects in Meyer Rd or Cote D Azur or further down Costa Del Sol if this is your preference.

I don't quite understand what is the downside when all move in. It will be similar to all that have moved into Cote D Azur and in future likewise all moving into One Amber. What do u expect? GCB living? Consider Aalto...

ok this is a very valid and interesting point and i want to learn. Can you share more - the thinking/rationale behind this.

i've always worked on the plot ratio basis of calculations, thus never really bothered about condo or apartment status.

please share (before i make a bobo and put deposit down on balmoral area). thanks!
    Hi bro tks for interest... which portion u r keen on

Quote Originally Posted by jc
    Esta is not a project abt having sea view. Pls choose projects in Meyer Rd or Cote D Azur or further down Costa Del Sol if this is your preference.

I don't quite understand what is the downside when all move in. It will be similar to all that have moved into Cote D Azur and in future likewise all moving into One Amber. What do u expect? GCB living? Consider Aalto...
    what is GCB?

what is GCB?
    Good Class Bungalow.

Default Heavy traffic = bad feng shui?

Quote Originally Posted by jc

I like sea view, also don't mind resevior view. But it seems all those type of good view units have to face ECP or busy roads, sure have a lot of road noise pollution.

From feng shui point of view, Heavy traffic = bad feng shui? Any expert here?

sigh, just read in BT that caspian has sold very well. $600psf for a 99 year, cfm kena block by another condo down the road, nowhere close to the 'lake', and within smelling distance to heavy industry smog.

just as in politics, the sheep continue to hold out their wrists to developers saying - 'come, bleed us dry'

idiots
    Business Times - 09 Feb 2009

Over 300 Caspian units sold, price up 3.5%

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

FRASERS Centrepoint yesterday continued to chalk up steady sales at its Caspian condo even after it raised prices by about $20 per square foot, or about 3.5 per cent.

It sold over 100 units yesterday and by last night, total sales had crossed 300 units - a remarkable result considering the current market gloom.

Default Some prime projects trading lower

http://luxuryasiahome.wordpress.com/
    Posted by luxuryasiahome on February 9, 2009

SOME uncompleted residential properties in the prime districts have changed hands recently at prices below that which they were sold initially.
    These may be merely a handful, but it reflects the extent of the damage wrought by the economic downturn on the high-end market, analysts say.
    According to data compiled by consultancy Savills Singapore, sub-sale prices at some popular projects are edging close to the average prices sold by the developers.
    At several yet-to-be-completed prime projects, many units were even done recently at prices below their launch average.
    The data is culled from recent sub-sale deals done at 39 prime non-landed residential projects that were launched from 2005 to 2008. They are located in the core central districts of 1, 4, 9, 10 and 11.
    A transaction is known as a sub-sale when a buyer acquires a property and sells it before its completion.
    The conclusion: Recent transacted prices for projects that were launched in 2005 remain well above their average launch levels.
    But the situation is not so sanguine for buyers of properties that were launched for sale in 2006 or later.
    Based on caveats lodged, units at 11 developments that were launched between 2006 and 2008 have come down to below their launch levels.
    These include projects that saw overwhelming interest during their launch, such as the 175-unit The Sixth Avenue Residences in Sixth Avenue.
    Another project, Duchess Residences in Bukit Timah, attracted numerous buyers during its 2007 launch, with units crossing the $2,000 per square foot (psf) mark. It was the first time homes in the area crossed the $2,000 psf mark in nearly 10 years.
    But deals done in the third quarter of last year were well below that level.
    A 1,604 sq ft home at Duchess Residences was recently advertised for sale at $1,500 psf.
    Explaining the low-priced deals, Mr Steven Ming, the Savills Singapore director for investment sales and prestige homes, said: ‘There will always be a few who are forced to sell in a downturn.
    ‘The market is likely to remain choppy in the next quarter or two but at this point in time, there are still a lot of investors who are holding out or have the capacity to hold out for better sale prices.’
    Those who have missed out on the bull run are also waiting on the sidelines, he added.
    At a few popular projects, prices appear to be edging closer to their launch levels or have fallen substantially from the peak.
    Two most recent caveats lodged for deals at Park Infinia at Wee Nam in Lincoln Road were at $1,180 psf for a 969sqft unit and $1,061 psf for a 1,442sq ft unit, compared with prices of up to $1,500 to $1,600 psf last year.
    All three caveats lodged last month for One Amber near Amber Road were at $761 psf to $816 psf. This compares with its average launch price of $725 to $730 psf in 2006.
    To get to the few buyers these days, sellers appear to be getting more aggressive.
    In recent classifieds, there were sellers for The Sea View at Amber Road at $1,030 psf, compared with prices of up to $1,500 psf done last year.
    Last Wednesday, one unit at One Shenton in Shenton Way was advertised at $888 psf, compared with its launch price of between $1,500 to more than $2,000 psf in early 2007.
    Some luxury condos offered steeper discounts.
    A unit at The Orchard Residences was advertised for $2,600 psf while a unit at Ardmore II was put up for sale at $1,750 psf. The Orchard Residences and Ardmore II had sold for an average of $3,301 psf and $2,271 psf respectively at their launch.
    Source : Straits Times - 9 Feb 2009